Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i just caught up on this manga finally yesterday and i'd like to say that i hate the little perverted 2 ft tall idiot, and hope that all might comes back w/ fully powers and slaughters him .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Slime posted:

Holy poo poo is this going to be how Stain got the way he did in the main series?

Knuckleduster is going to punch his nose clean off his face.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Knuckleduster playing at All Might is dope, I love that idiot rear end in a top hat

:same:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

tbp posted:

i just caught up on this manga finally yesterday and i'd like to say that i hate the little perverted 2 ft tall idiot, and hope that all might comes back w/ fully powers and slaughters him .

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Mineta is responsible for the best panels in the manga though

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EmmyOk posted:

Mineta is responsible for the best panels in the manga though

Undercover student assassin ida tenya finally finds a job he is willing to take for free.

He tries his best to not show it,
But he is taking great pleasure in the deed.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It'll be interesting if somehow Stendhal's quirk doesn't work on quirkless people and he gets beaten up 'cause of that.

I don't think knuckleduster will leave him that scarred but the Yakuza might end up trying to make an example outta him afterwards.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blackheart posted:

It'll be interesting if somehow Stendhal's quirk doesn't work on quirkless people and he gets beaten up 'cause of that.

I don't think knuckleduster will leave him that scarred but the Yakuza might end up trying to make an example outta him afterwards.

I am assuming it will work just fine.

Though lets not forget this guy is going to undergo a transformation from a murderous Vigilante who kills Criminals and anyone who tires to aid them, (Even if they are reformed or unwilling Criminals) to a guy who murders and maims Heroes for the crime of being payed by the Government for helping people.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

not having a cure to it would be really stupid

"whoops, lab accident now half of us can't use quirks anymore forever". also you can sell it for a lot considering you own the only source of it

This brings to mind the "sell the cure" thing in Mission Impossible II, also used in iZombie (having only read its synopsis)

SwissArmyDruid posted:

An even better business model would be a serum that temporarily restores powers removed in this manner: Soak the heroes for their money, while at the same time exerting leverage to keep their shameful secret quiet. Blackmail, it's fun for the entire family!

You people are great at coming up with ideas and guessing what will happen next. The only time I had a good idea on what would happen next was when I was cheering for Uraraka to use chunks of the tournament stage as weapons during the tournament arc. This arc has been the only one that really felt like it was dragging on when they spent a bit too much time on Suneater's fight and far too long on the Kirishima's fight and flashback, but I continue to really enjoy the storyline

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 26, 2017

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Magni posted:

C: The "traitor" isn't actually a teacher or student.

My understanding is that if there is a traitor, the traitor has to be both privy to the details of the Eight Precepts of Death investigation, because they were alert when the police arrived, and privy to the details of the location of the training camp. Only Shota Aizawa is in both groups, but that contradicts how the Villain Alliance didn't know about the UA students' quirks. So I'm guessing it has to be a mindreading quirk

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Being part of the groups doesn't mean only you know about it. The principal for example (not a suspect imo) would know about both of those things.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Even when he was still nominally a hero, Stain was still 90s as hell.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Stain played Genji only then switched to Reaper only.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I've always found it weird how quickly they were to assume there was a traitor. We have people with teleporting, brainwashing, body snatching and clairvoyance abilities to name a few, and the only possibility for a leak of information is a traitor?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Ratchet it up a notch if the Yakuza not only doesn't just blackmail heroes into keeping their powerlessness secret, but to restrict the supply only to heroes that will turn a blind eye on command.

Yeah, I mean that has to be the dream right? Even if you depower all the heroes taking over a country is drat hard work, and the cops will still have guns which are gonna work on some of your guys. Plus you never know when some teen you never heard of will manifest an insanely powerful quirk and cause trouble for you, perhaps even a quirk that naturally resists your attempts to depower them, such as hardened skin to prevent needles from going in.

Now imagine you only let the heroes who will play ball get the cure to the mass depowering you've done, and they rise to be the figureheads of justice. In our world, it's like you have the cops in your pocket AND those same cops are training the next generation making them that much easier to control too.

Petiso posted:

I've always found it weird how quickly they were to assume there was a traitor. We have people with teleporting, brainwashing, body snatching and clairvoyance abilities to name a few, and the only possibility for a leak of information is a traitor?

That's a very fair point. I'm surprised no one to my knowledge has pulled "I was mind controlled!" as an excuse after horribly screwing something up, that's gotta be a card you can pull at least once in your hero career.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

NowonSA posted:

That's a very fair point. I'm surprised no one to my knowledge has pulled "I was mind controlled!" as an excuse after horribly screwing something up, that's gotta be a card you can pull at least once in your hero career.

While the children probably could do that for fun, I'm guessing that any pro hero that did would be properly checked, and it'd be really easy to prove if they're lying, considering we know of at least one person whose Quirk makes them a living lie detector (Tsukauchi), and there's probably more people in both the police and heroics that can determine either outright lying or whether mind control happened.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Pictured: A girl with an eight-foot-long prehensile tongue who can turn her stomach inside out.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Good Froppy content

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

at least one person whose Quirk makes them a living lie detector (Tsukauchi)

Uh, what? Did I miss this?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tsukauchi's quirk has never been mentioned if he even has one

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Huh, I was sure it was said that he could tell when someone was lying, but I guess it was just saying he was a good cop and I took it too literally. My bad!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Huh, I was sure it was said that he could tell when someone was lying, but I guess it was just saying he was a good cop and I took it too literally. My bad!

In a world with quirks, it's not necessarily wrong to take things like that literally.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Horikoshi is fairly reliable for saying "it's my Quirk to..." or showing a textbox with the Quirk's name or in an info page at the end of a chapter. Speaking of Tsukauchi

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

Horikoshi is fairly reliable for saying "it's my Quirk to..." or showing a textbox with the Quirk's name or in an info page at the end of a chapter. Speaking of Tsukauchi

Which is what everyone assumed would happen to All Might when he started fighting AFO. We didn't think he'd survive.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's because it was. I thought it was in an omake or something, but nope. It did come up super early in the thread at least;

Kyte posted:

By the way, Horikoshi's twitter had a sketch of the detective dude with some extra info. His codename is Trueman and he can "see the truth of any matter".
(bolding mine)

Which I think is referring to this:

https://twitter.com/myheroacademia/status/485037462155448320

Whether or not it's referring to an actual Quirk is a bit oddly ambiguous though, I guess.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I am like 90% sure he can see if someone's lying but he's also specifically forbidden from doing it for police work. I'm pretty sure that was a very early conversation between him and All Might (while Deku was in the hospital), about how even though he's a detective and his quirk would be great for his work, he can't use it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
ah yes the trueman show

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Stallion Cabana posted:

I am like 90% sure he can see if someone's lying but he's also specifically forbidden from doing it for police work. I'm pretty sure that was a very early conversation between him and All Might (while Deku was in the hospital), about how even though he's a detective and his quirk would be great for his work, he can't use it.

You're gonna have to find a source because I reread through the series recently and I don't remember this.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Which is what everyone assumed would happen to All Might when he started fighting AFO. We didn't think he'd survive.

When I was reading through it I was so sure it was going to end in tragedy and AfO getting away. When All Might is looking really hosed and he realises there's a trapped civilian behind him while AfO is laughing I was in a heap. My main thinking was that Deku would be the person to finally take down OfA. I think not long before then OfA had been talking about getting a regeneration Quirk finally? On reflection it's much more obvious that Deku vs Shigaraki is the intended showdown, I think I would have realised that if I was reading week to week instead of all a once. That said I definitely would have thought All Might was going to die for sure there. Goddamn I am so loving hyped when the Kamino Ward fight is animated.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Spoilers are dropping: There's only a handful of pages shown so far but Toga is stabbing someone in most of them.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That's funny the chapter should usually be up by now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Chapter 147 Togawice

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/boku-no-hero-academia/en/0/147/page/6

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I like the setup we have now but there were some hard to follow panels in there

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
"You never played Shogi before?" "And I'm not going to either." Shigaraki, you petulant little poo poo. That's great.

Also huh, I wonder what Toga's plan here is. Her just going in on the attack like that seems questionable, particularly against Aizawa.

On the other hand, Rappa is back! (As a Twice clone.) Not great for the heroes. Also, man, Twice's pose there on that last page, that's amazing.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
Shigaraki and Overhaul actually have a pretty fun dynamic

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roland Jones posted:

"You never played Shogi before?" "And I'm not going to either." Shigaraki, you petulant little poo poo. That's great.

Also huh, I wonder what Toga's plan here is. Her just going in on the attack like that seems questionable, particularly against Aizawa.

On the other hand, Rappa is back! (As a Twice clone.) Not great for the heroes. Also, man, Twice's pose there on that last page, that's amazing.

I think that is the big guy from the front Gate. Rappa was not that big. Unless Twice can make big clones.

On Toga's plan she favors sneak attacks. She is going to hide then leap out and stab them. Also reading this chapter I kind of realized just how terrify it must be to be targeted by Toga or any shapeshifter. Like it would be hard to trust anyone that you meet. If you knew you were being stalked by her.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 27, 2017

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I'm pretty sure Toga's plan is just to seed a lot of chaos among the heroes. Keep stabbing people and switching forms, keeping them guessing who she is. If she can store blood for later she can switch back to people she's already been too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013