Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

So, er, Arus, any chance you could take a look at that SFD forum post, pretty please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Oh god I'm sorry, my brain told me I had already done it because of posting here, sorrrrry it's done!!

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh god I'm sorry, my brain told me I had already done it because of posting here, sorrrrry it's done!!

Haha, that's actually pretty funny.

And thanks!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i made a new character tonight and im having fun with it

well

thats mys tory

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

eonwe posted:

well

thats mys tory

Good story buddy :hfive: let's hang out in the world of Guild Wars Deuce

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Redmanred posted:

The raids are pretty drat good and I'm looking forward to newer stuff, but that's just my taste for GW2. As for the zone-wide metas I've grown sour to a lot of them. I think after crafting HOPE broke me of ever wanting to step into that Mordy Zone ever again.

I farmed all the new skins and nodes in the first two zones, but there is something about farming winterberries that just fucks me right off. I just farm 'em from my home instance these days, and have for at least a month.

Sair
May 11, 2007

eonwe posted:

well

thats mys tory

A real success story. Everyone remember that you can have fun playing this game.

You will have fun.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

let's hang out in the world of Guild Wars Deuce

New thread title.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

It is finished. The finale wrap-up video of my tryhard ventures playing Dragon Ball Arena this year.

1812 Dragon Bomb Overture

Other notable events:
The Flawless Victory (500-0)
Scoring 26 points despite the fact you're only supposed to be able to score 25
full playlist i.e. me dicking around with lame music and testing video editing techniques while crushing pubs

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I kind of want to earn some of the Hall of Monuments points, but figured asking you guys for advice first would be a good initial step.

Have any of you gone back to GW1 after playing this for a bit for the same reason? If so, what did you go for first / did you find easiest to complete?

I think I've got all of the mini's I'm able to toss in for points. For some reason one of my armor sets won't register points, but the website shows it as an available skin so I don't know what's up. I have literally zero of the weapons you're able to enter.

Getting hero armor seems like it shouldn't be too hard. I don't know how much I actually want to go back to GW1 to farm any titles, though.

If any of you have some tips, that'd be great. I just want some more skins and AP. I have like 14 points, lol

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

nickhimself posted:

I kind of want to earn some of the Hall of Monuments points, but figured asking you guys for advice first would be a good initial step.

Have any of you gone back to GW1 after playing this for a bit for the same reason? If so, what did you go for first / did you find easiest to complete?

I think I've got all of the mini's I'm able to toss in for points. For some reason one of my armor sets won't register points, but the website shows it as an available skin so I don't know what's up. I have literally zero of the weapons you're able to enter.

Getting hero armor seems like it shouldn't be too hard. I don't know how much I actually want to go back to GW1 to farm any titles, though.

If any of you have some tips, that'd be great. I just want some more skins and AP. I have like 14 points, lol

As someone who got 50/50: don't do it

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I consider going back from time to time, but then I apply electricity to my junk to remind me of just how lovely a GW1 player I was.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

nickhimself posted:

I went 20/50 prior to GW2 release and it wasn't too bad. Before HoT came out I went back and finished 30/50. There is a decent guide floating around that helps, but the last 6 points or so just to 30 were a complete chore to get through. 50/50 is pretty much soul crushing at this point.

EDIT: Here is the guide I used.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/comments/iu3qw/a_hom_guide_to_3050_aimed_at_beginners/

Geekslinger fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 30, 2017

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Thanks for the guide. Yeah, I don't think I'd ever be interested in attempting to get all 50. 30 is where you've unlocked all of the skins, right? I believe I'd be happy with stopping there.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I started working on them with Neoman - didn't want the full 50 but a few more for certain unlocks. I think I managed 2 before I got bored out of my mind :v:

Sorry Neoman :(

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nickhimself posted:

I personally find GW1 intolerable after playing GW2, it's just missing every quality of life feature I take for granted now. You're a brave dude.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

It's crazy how after 1600 hours of playing that game, I run around and have like zero memory of what anything does. I'm looking at skills and saying "well I'll just have to trust old me to know why this poo poo's all set up this way because lol if I'm gonna re-learn this bullshit"

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

My main after nightfall was a D/W so basically I just had to slap my dick on random skills and I'd win every encounter, no memory required.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I just had to slap my dick.

I thought this is how you got through life in general.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I played the hell out of GW1 (but still stopped at 30 HoM points, because that gets you the skins and I'm not a crazy person) and I'm still willing to claim that in terms of a total player experience, it has been better than GW2 - but I still wouldn't play it anymore. Its time has gone.

If you are willing to go for HoM even after most of the playerbase has gone away, there's still quite a few solo + hero'able ones you can do. If you do want to get some points for free, I can check if any of my characters have undedicated birthday minis sitting in their storage.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Actually yeah post your GW1 name, I would totally reinstall it just to give you poo poo if I have anything left that I haven't given away already.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I keep on intending to hit 30 points myself! If you ever want a non-bot following you along and dragging you down, add me in game: Tyrix Belmont

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Actually yeah post your GW1 name, I would totally reinstall it just to give you poo poo if I have anything left that I haven't given away already.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I keep on intending to hit 30 points myself! If you ever want a non-bot following you along and dragging you down, add me in game: Tyrix Belmont

He just wants to slap you around with his dick.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

CLAM DOWN posted:

I personally find GW1 intolerable after playing GW2, it's just missing every quality of life feature I take for granted now. You're a brave dude.

I thought GW1 had a cash shop

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

UchihaHirou posted:

He just wants to slap you around with his dick.

wow

Probad posted:

WOW

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Probad posted:

It also has build templates, though gw2's trait system has been streamlined enough since launch that this doesn't matter much.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

knowonecanknow posted:

I thought this is how you got through life in general.

It owes him gems.

Edit: You know, I don't think I actually played through Factions until now. IGN is Strelan Edril if anyone is inclined to help me out. Or point and laugh. I'm good with that too.

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 31, 2017

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Factions is the best and I hope we revisit Cantha someday

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

That would own so hard

One of my character names is Sir Nick Of Himself

I'm very creative with my names, if you can't tell

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Speaking of GW1, I logged into it yesterday and someone in Lion's Arch was spamming this discord link: https://discord.me/gw1

At this stage of the game's lifespan, instead of being annoying that's extremely helpful. I read the design manifesto of that discord and they said that even if noone winds up using it, they still want it to be helfpful via various chatbot functionality.

I swear this isn't a plug even though it totally looks like one.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Probad posted:

It does. You can buy costumes, change your character's appearance, and get a bunch of account-wide unlocks. Nothing as extensive as this game's, though.

Am I weird for enjoying GW1 when I started with GW2? I approached it the same way I did with Morrowind. (It's old, doesn't look great, and is kind of janky, but if you're patient with it and look up info outside of the game, it's a unique experience found nowhere else.) The final push to 30 HoM points wasn't too fun though. I shot for fully exploring Cantha, but the PvP maps count, and no one plays Fort Aspenwood anymore. :smithicide: I ended up abusing every scrap of unintended extra map area to finish it. I would like to earn more HoM things and see more of the game's content, but everything else I could do is a massive grind or far beyond my reach.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Using Texmod to scrape every loving wall of every map is not an experience I am keen to repeat, now or ever.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I found it weirdly satisfying to assemble one of those seven hero steamroller builds and just wander around pointing at things I wanted dead.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

:smithicide:

I'm at 25/50 and I don't think it's ever going to change.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i take the view of trying to squeeze as much content out of a game as i can, unless its bullshit then i stop caring

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
"content"

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Kessel posted:

Using Texmod to scrape every loving wall of every map is not an experience I am keen to repeat, now or ever.

I still remember taking screenshots of the area map to overlay on top of an inverted world map to see what I was missing. That was the worst

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Double post but worth it

GUILD WARS 2: HEAD OF THE SNAKE LIVING WORLD EPISODE COMING FEBRUARY 7TH, PLUS NEW TRAILER AND HEART OF THORNS SALE

The episode's called The Head of the Snake and will see "the advancement of the story as Queen Jennah summons players to her side, where they'll act as her personal witness in uncovering the nest of corruption in Divinity's Reach," the studio says. "Along with The Head of the Snake will come the brand-new raid wing Bastion of the Penitent. The destruction of the Maguuma Bloodstone has opened a mysterious portal in Bloodstone Fen, and beyond it lies a sinister and ancient place with little chance of escape. This raid will provide players with four bosses to overcome as they discover what mysteries are still chained behind its walls."

nerox
May 20, 2001

nickhimself posted:

Double post but worth it

GUILD WARS 2: HEAD OF THE SNAKE LIVING WORLD EPISODE COMING FEBRUARY 7TH, PLUS NEW TRAILER AND HEART OF THORNS SALE

The episode's called The Head of the Snake and will see "the advancement of the story as Queen Jennah summons players to her side, where they'll act as her personal witness in uncovering the nest of corruption in Divinity's Reach," the studio says. "Along with The Head of the Snake will come the brand-new raid wing Bastion of the Penitent. The destruction of the Maguuma Bloodstone has opened a mysterious portal in Bloodstone Fen, and beyond it lies a sinister and ancient place with little chance of escape. This raid will provide players with four bosses to overcome as they discover what mysteries are still chained behind its walls."

But I just paid $50 for HoT :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

quote:

raids

:dong:

• Locked thread