Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Skoll posted:

All you need for Ace of Spades is to get that last hit in before someone dies, not the actual KMDD.

You could technically do it in a Commando but I agree there is a certain sweetness in seeing it done with a Catapult C4.

I did it in a Locust and I still agree that ghetto no-upgrades Catapult has that "single-player campaign starter mech" charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
IS beater mechs best mechs.

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

I did it in a Locust and I still agree that ghetto no-upgrades Catapult has that "single-player campaign starter mech" charm.

I take offense to that, I upgraded it to double heat sinks :colbert:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

aniviron posted:

What were you running? I'm guessing SRMs based on the number of finished kills, but that seems weird in a C4, people usually use the A1 for that.

The A1 is for suckers, the C4 is where its at.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=24&l=0061eb66bc1aadd6b2abdbe26bdaa59b03328541

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
actually the -c1 is the worst

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Can someone link that youtube vlog of that guy smoking cigarettes and explaining how helios works and how it's so easy to hide even if you're streaming? Because I met a guy who's really into this game and has been convinced that Helios is a myth made up by people who are mad cuz bad and that top tier teams and units would never do such a thing. It seems to be unlisted and I can't find youtube videos in posts via the forum search, sadly.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

I am looking which Clan Mech I should ace next. I got two Shadow Cats, one Stormcrow, and a Timber Wolf already.

The Shadow Cat is the most fun to play, so I should probably get a third SC. But what is about Shadow Cat pilots that somebody mentioned?

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I am looking which Clan Mech I should ace next. I got two Shadow Cats, one Stormcrow, and a Timber Wolf already.

The Shadow Cat is the most fun to play, so I should probably get a third SC. But what is about Shadow Cat pilots that somebody mentioned?

You're all poptarting mwo sniper meta cancer

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Love Stole the Day posted:

Can someone link that youtube vlog of that guy smoking cigarettes and explaining how helios works and how it's so easy to hide even if you're streaming? Because I met a guy who's really into this game and has been convinced that Helios is a myth made up by people who are mad cuz bad and that top tier teams and units would never do such a thing. It seems to be unlisted and I can't find youtube videos in posts via the forum search, sadly.

Go to youtube and type in 'MWO helios' and you'll get plenty of results.

edit: well maybe not exactly. you can google the cheat engines

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 16, 2016

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Willfrey posted:

You're all poptarting mwo sniper meta cancer

I don't like how PPCs or Gauss Rifles handle, so I usually do not play them.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Onkel Hedwig posted:

I don't like how PPCs or Gauss Rifles handle, so I usually do not play them.

What he meant was, if you hide and shoot people from 800m and never share armor until your entire team is dead, you're anal cancer.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Sniper shitfest sucks.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
you can totally fit a sniper type in a brawly deck -- having someone sit up 300m away on overwatch and help keep heads down or finish off wounded robots is cool and good

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Pattonesque posted:

you can totally fit a sniper type in a brawly deck -- having someone sit up 300m away on overwatch and help keep heads down or finish off wounded robots is cool and good

Its the people 1.5km away trying to tickle the enemy with ERLLs that I was referring to.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Pattonesque posted:

300m away isn't sniper type in MWO.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'm okay with Shadowcats that bring fighty guns and die. I'm actually a bit more okay with Shadowcats that bring ER LLs or LPLs and play to the mech's strength 700m away, even if I don't like playing against it because it's obnoxious, it's also easily countered and I can respect a pilot that plays to his mech's strengths- in this case, recognizing that the Scat is really fragile.

I'm not okay with a single douchbag with ECM hiding on a wall or in a corner somewhere taking potshots once in a while for ten minutes after the game should be done. This doesn't happen every match, but every single time I am in a game where it's 5-11 in one team's favor and the last person alive drags the match out for ten minutes wasting everybody's time, that 12th guy is always a Shadowcat. Well done wasting almost four man hours of time you rear end in a top hat. And in the end maybe that person kills a mech or two that was always critically wounded, but in all my time playing since beta I think I have seen a whole one time where someone doing this kind of poo poo turned the game around and won it against impossible odds, and it happens every single night I play. This means your odds are slightly better than winning the lottery.

If you're the last person alive against overwhelming odds even with ECM and sniper lasers, hit the 'o' key and charge in to die so we can all move on with our lives. Since you're overridden and moving in close, chances are you will get just as many kills as you would have finished by peeking and pussing about anyway, and you won't be locking up everyone's mechs for an additional ten minutes! Hooray!

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
So me and SadHandy were trying to derank, I was in my 4x MG, 1 x Flamer locust. I just got a solo kill KMDD on a kodiak and my tier rating went up :smith:

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 16, 2016

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Ahdinko posted:

So me and SadHandy were trying to derank, I was in my 4x MG, 1 x Flamer locust. I just got a solo kill KMDD on a kodiak and my tier rating went up :smith:

You must've hit all the ammo in the ct. that's loving hilarious.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
ppc awesome suprisingly good atm

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Lemme know when sniper / poptart meta is gone again cause I don't want to play and deal with that BS.

I'll be around to take contracts when you guys want them but that's probably it.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
When I was still playing this game I was in my D/DC soaking all the damage and popping dudes at fist punching range like a good meatwall. :colbert:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Surprise Giraffe posted:

ppc awesome suprisingly good atm

Its been good since the last quirk pass, people are just now noticing. The awesome was the #8 mech overall after the chassis leaderboard events, beating out perennial favorites like the Atlas and Stalker. http://i.imgur.com/GmLwry2.jpg

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That wasn't because of the 8Q being good though, that was because tons of bad AWS-8Rs used their stupid LRM15 quirks to farm huge damage scores.

I mean, the 8Q is and has been a decent mech in the right hands for a few quirk passes now, but it's still hindered by shape and mount placement. Gets great heat quirks though.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

An angry British man had angry words with me after I caught him shooting one of us, oops.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Azuth0667 posted:

An angry British man had angry words with me after I caught him shooting one of us, oops.

After you shot him in the last match.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Grognan posted:

After you shot him in the last match.

He needed motivation.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I do not understand the purpose of behaving like your stereotypical PUG. Shooting teammates, spamming "assistance", spamming the lance commander button in the lobby et.c.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
Well, you see, pubbies losing their minds at you over meaningless offenses in a game is absolutely hilarious. That is all.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

TjyvTompa posted:

I do not understand the purpose of behaving like your stereotypical PUG. Shooting teammates, spamming "assistance", spamming the lance commander button in the lobby et.c.

A stereotypical pug does none of the things you describe

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
Augh the super blatantly obvious helios users piss me off the most.
This guy was trying to ppc snipe, and he was so bad. For the first half of the game he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Then halfway through the game he suddenly, miraculously even, lands 3 seperate headshot kills. And he wasn't even firing his ppcs together so you can say "oh no, maybe it was a lucky shot." Nope. He landed 6 seperate ppcs all in heads on a fast assault and 2 mediums, all moving. In 45 seconds.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

TjyvTompa posted:

Pubbies losing their minds over dumb things is hilarious.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Azuth0667 posted:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Azuth0667 posted:

I'm going to grit my teeth so hard I give myself fractured molars because your lasers ruined the paint on my internet robot :bahgawd:

The same robot that is automatically repaired at the end of every match after being blown up anyway.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
It all makes sense now, when we do it is funny, but if someone else does it to us it is annoying.
I think it's mostly an american thing, when I play with the euros there is nobody behaving like this, thank you friends.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
If a pubbie takes lance command after you take overall command, the correct response is to swap his position with a goon from your lance, then have the newly moved goon take over lance command.

Always take command. The gold star is lucky!

Getting team killed after shooting a teammate at point blank range with standard PPCs is always funny.

The most critical upgrade for a robot is double heat sinks. The second most important upgrade is a heart decal applied to your robot's butt.

Affirmative. Negative. Affirmative. Negative.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

TjyvTompa posted:

It all makes sense now, when we do it is funny, but if someone else does it to us it is annoying.
I think it's mostly an american thing, when I play with the euros there is nobody behaving like this, thank you friends.

Not really, I just laugh and go with it. I think its more to do with people that want to try hard getting annoyed by people who are playing for fun.

:trumppop:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TjyvTompa posted:

Yes. It's always a good thing to test the sense of humour of people who like to do team damage by shooting them a bit. Goon on Goon violence is still the best violence.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Need assistance!
Need assistance!
Need assistance!
Need assistance!

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Azuth0667 posted:

Not really, I just laugh and go with it. I think its more to do with people that want to try hard getting annoyed by people who are playing for fun.

:trumppop:

This is the proper answer. Doing stupid poo poo is just doing stupid poo poo. Doing stupid poo poo to piss off grognards is the goon way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Azuth0667 posted:

He wasn't driving an LRM oxide by any chance was he? We had a run in with probably same bloke last night who got his friend to TK me for shooting my flamer at him. I saw him in the next game so proceeded to light him up with all 4 of my MG's.

• Locked thread