Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

SeANMcBAY posted:

No, unfortunately. Have any Switch games been hinted at having that?

I want to say this was touted as a feature of the switch at some point, like as a bullet point at some presentation or another, but there's nothing to support its existence in the UI and no games support it as of yet, so I don't know that it's actually a thing that will ever exist. Modern AAA games are so large now that the whole concept seems ridiculous anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tyma posted:

Picked up a Switch yesterday, and the Headphone volume is painfully low.. Which really sucks, because the game I picked up first is Voez.

I assume this is an 'European Legislation' thing, like it is for Sony hardware. Is the volume likely so low because :

a) I bought an EU console?
b) I selected an EU region when I set it up? (I've changed the region in option to Japan, but no luck)
c) My headphones (Sony MDR-XB950) can't draw enough power from the console?

It's probably c since I haven't heard anything about issues otherwise. I use EarPods with my Switch and the volume is fine to me.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

fastbilly1 posted:

Puyo Tetris is $40 retail, $30 digital in the USA.

I got the Amazon Prime discount, so it was like $32. My lovely keychains were only a dollar each :smuggo:

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

LionArcher posted:

Grey Switches on Amazon Prime! Go go go if you need one!

Thanks! Got one!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Amazon!! Why haven't you shipped my Karts you piece of CRAP?!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Tyma posted:

Picked up a Switch yesterday, and the Headphone volume is painfully low.. Which really sucks, because the game I picked up first is Voez.

I assume this is an 'European Legislation' thing, like it is for Sony hardware. Is the volume likely so low because :

b) I selected an EU region when I set it up? (I've changed the region in option to Japan, but no luck)

Even if I connect the headphone jack into a pair of mains-powered speakers, Voez is unplayable :ohdear:

I was going to say C but I don't know. Amazon says your headphones are 24ohm and my headphones are 64ohm and I don't really notice any volume difference between that and my earbuds from some old MP3 player. The max volume is at a comfortable level, not deafening. Maybe Nintendo did that to prevent kids from making themselves deaf by putting the volume too high. I don't have Voez so I don't know if it's too quiet or what.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

This would be more acceptable if brick and mortar games stores weren't awful.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

I don't get big bang puyo puyo. With tetris, it's obvious. You place the piece into the piece shaped hole and the rows clear. With puyo puyo, it sometimes gives me a piece that won't do a bunch of combos. Then it clears one thing and says "MISS" and moves on. The point is to just beat the AI at all but the AI just racks up points and I die after one round because I can't figure out how I'm supposed to set off the chain or whatever.

Edit: Like this most recent one gave me a piece to set off a chain. But then at the end of the chain, it's 3 yellow puyos in a line on the right of the screen and then a bunch of singles stacked up on the left. I set off the initial chain but then it says "MISS" when it gets to the unchainable garbage at the end. Now I'm at 12k points and the AI is at 32k. I don't understand how I'm supposed to win this.

This is basically the same as what Funkmaster General posted but with picture examples
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=234918553

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tyma posted:

Even if I connect the headphone jack into a pair of mains-powered speakers, Voez is unplayable :ohdear:

I'm going to guess D you jacked up your hearing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
no Bowser. Got Mario and Yoshi.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
retweet if you only gonna play as King Boo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I like playing as my Mii and I'm sad about having to unlock costumes again since I don't have my Captain Falcon amiibo anymore.:smith:

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Mo' Morton, mo' victories

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bad Parenting posted:

It's pretty bullshit when I can pick up the same game from the same publisher on PS4 for £18 from amazon. I'm sure I've read that it is in fact nintendo forcing publishers to price match digital and retail games, so because the retail is £35 as you get a couple of lovely keyrings, we now get to pay that much for digital thanks to nintendo's policy.

That policy is an invention of Eurogamer. The digital price in the us actually is lower.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOvbvVvHKvQ

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Deltron 3030 posted:

:yeah:

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

parallelodad posted:

That policy is an invention of Eurogamer. The digital price in the us actually is lower.

Eurogamer were talking about the UK pricing, where the digital and retail price is both £35 for tetris

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Cojawfee posted:

Why are people doing this? To have a game a few hours early?

Yes that and because I've never done it before and wanted to try. It's $52 so I saved $8 too.

My weekend is booked so an extra night of Kart tonight is kind of a cool thing.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Yo I just bought my switch on Amazon and I just cruised the OP looking for "the bests" and didn't see anything.

What is the best screen protector, and a good case?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

If he is a cruiser weight, sure. Otherwise the reign of Waluigi continues.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Yo I just bought my switch on Amazon and I just cruised the OP looking for "the bests" and didn't see anything.

What is the best screen protector, and a good case?

This is the best screen protector.

https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo/dp/B01N3ASPNV/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493320188&sr=8-3&keywords=amfilm

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Deltron 3030 posted:

I need a "Roy's Boy's" gangtag

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bad Parenting posted:

Eurogamer were talking about the UK pricing, where the digital and retail price is both £35 for tetris

And they just assumed it is Nintendo policy rather than publishers pricing at whatever.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You, dumb: I'm going through a ton of effort and hacks to overpay for a download of MK8D from a broken server in Swaziland and the matchmaking will be permanently screwed up and if my console ever needs repair I'll have to rebuy it.

Me, wise: patience is cool, time is like a stream and I am but a pebble, you idiot, you moron

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You, dumb: I'm going through a ton of effort and hacks to overpay for a download of MK8D from a broken server in Swaziland and the matchmaking will be permanently screwed up and if my console ever needs repair I'll have to rebuy it.

Me, wise: patience is cool, time is like a stream and I am but a pebble, you idiot, you moron

You; So wrong about like everything you just said.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm buying it on my NA account because I don't want Reggie to chokeslam me

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Takoluka posted:

Any links to a non-Play-Asia preorder?

You can Pre-order from Amazon.co.jp from Keys Factory's page

It will deliver internationally, but it requires a separate amazon.co.jp account.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You, dumb: I'm mad online and can't wait to play this game clothed

Me, serene: my extreme nudity shall be a beacon to all asians and also the PPT keychains are cool

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shaka, when the walls fell

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I just wanna know if it'll come out midnightish on the NA eshop

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

So, if I am understanding correctly, if I buy a code for the game on amazon.jp and redeem it on a japanese eshop account I will also have access to the NA version of the game?

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

robot roll call posted:

So, if I am understanding correctly, if I buy a code for the game on amazon.jp and redeem it on a japanese eshop account I will also have access to the NA version of the game?

It will be in English, also might show as "Purchased" for the US eShop (PPT didn't so idk)

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Temba, his arms wide.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Phantasium posted:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

minusX posted:

It will be in English, also might show as "Purchased" for the US eShop (PPT didn't so idk)

But Mr Shifty did. Mostly, they do.

Hey where is the Spreadsheet of Friend Codes?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ya-ha-ha! When you found me

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Rainbow Road is challenging . Also what determines the CC class when playing online? These are all slow so far...

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Consummate Professional posted:

I just wanna know if it'll come out midnightish on the NA eshop

Wii U and 3DS first-party releases always came out at midnight eastern (11 central, 10 mountain, 9 pacific). This probably will too.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Where's my goddamn email notification that MK8 has shipped and will be here tomorrow, Amazon? :mad:

I'm not going to get my copy of MK8 for a month am I?

Calaveron posted:

Ooh, I hope the first news we get about Octopath Traveler is a less stupid title

"We'd like to announce the official western title for Project Octopath Traveler is SaGa Frontier 3" would be acceptable.

Phantasium posted:

Bowser and Mario at Toad Turnpike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED

Feenix posted:

Hey where is the Spreadsheet of Friend Codes?

I found this in the eShop thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1viYzgn6OpKLjPAnOornQ9pHjaozpVudHU4lrzUiYgOk/edit

I just got mine last week, I'll have to add it tonight when I get home!

• Locked thread