Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Phosphorus is a really good energy SMG.

I finally got a Manannan SR4 and it's so good. I'll probably not use any other energy scout. Looks ballin with the calus shader as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yea I misread. You wanted an actual Blizzard raid designer and somehow I thought LS was one of them but he's just a guy who got scarab lord and didn't actually design anything beforehand

Come to think of it, how did LS get hired in the first place anyway, his resume didn't seem that relevant for the time~? He was a games journo and a shut-in neckbeard

Some of the top raid designers in WoW came from a hardcore poopsocking EQ guild.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Jeffrey_Kaplan

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Alex_Afrasiabi

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD
Just applied to the ps4 overflow. PSN WARUGADO

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I just got this for my Xbox and hit level 20 on my warlock. Is the clan poo poo broke cause I can't find how to ask for an invite. When I pull it up on the site or app there's no option.

Wtfblizzbungie

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

I just got this for my Xbox and hit level 20 on my warlock. Is the clan poo poo broke cause I can't find how to ask for an invite. When I pull it up on the site or app there's no option.

Wtfblizzbungie

Yeah, the site is broken on that front. I couldn't search for a clan either. I looked at a friend's profile and from there at the clan page.

Also, I think you may be able to do something like that in-game?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Anyone on XBone feel like running the Nightfall tonight around 8pm EST? Hit me up at GT Flexible Ethics. I'd really like to do the raid too, but I'm guessing that usually happens around the weekends.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

10 Beers posted:

Anyone on XBone feel like running the Nightfall tonight around 8pm EST? Hit me up at GT Flexible Ethics. I'd really like to do the raid too, but I'm guessing that usually happens around the weekends.

Get in the slack, you got a better chance of people responding. Follow the xbox clan links in the OP, the main clan is full but friend invites still work so you just beg for a nightfall run in #destiny and eventually get it done.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I uhh should probably try to do the raid since I have all 3 classes at 300+ now ehh?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I finally got a Manannan SR4 and it's so good. I'll probably not use any other energy scout. Looks ballin with the calus shader as well.

Pleiades Corrector for pvp, Manbanana for pve. And yes, Calus shader is money with it set to void (at least on PC, the purple is :discourse:)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Someone who is better than me at this game give me some insight on the exotic Pokémon shotgun's radar perk

I can't tell if it does anything. Does it just make the red line of someone being kinda far away but still on radar show up earlier?

[quote="“Norns”" post="“477083060”"]
I uhh should probably try to do the raid since I have all 3 classes at 300+ now ehh?
[/quote]

It's fun

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

This is true

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

FishBulb posted:

exotic Pokémon shotgun's radar perk

what

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Eh I couldn't remember it's name but it's close to a Pokémon

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Eh I couldn't remember it's name but it's close to a Pokémon

I think It's pvp centric? Iirc D1 the radar went out infinitely until it hit something but D2 is more limited, has a specific radius. The perk likely breaks that limitation.

My only guess.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i am fairly certain the d1 radar didn't go out 'infinitely', or even close to that

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
Yes, you can tell it didn't because otherwise your radar would be constantly red

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

cvnvcnv posted:

Pleiades Corrector for pvp, Manbanana for pve. And yes, Calus shader is money with it set to void (at least on PC, the purple is :discourse:)

I was using the mananaanananan in pvp yesterday to good effect

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i think explosive rounds is a better pvp perk than hcr, the flinch feels way worse to play against.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i think explosive rounds is a better pvp perk than hcr, the flinch feels way worse to play against.

It's unfortunate the explosive round perk doesn't come in a fully automatic weapon.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kinetic Reload mods make the FWC hand cannon very fun

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

you know what would be cool? 6s and 3s pvp would be cool imo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

An open area PvP with fast power charge and vehicles. Also ship combat

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Norns posted:

Kinetic Reload mods make the FWC hand cannon very fun

insurmountable skullfort with the juggernaut tree is better for hand cannon users

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

xzzy posted:

insurmountable skullfort with the juggernaut tree is better for hand cannon users

I'll have to try this on my titan then. Just playing with the gun on my Warlock for kicks.

Guess it's time to farm glimmer for the gear and mod shuffle...

masteen
Nov 23, 2010
When I click on the "Join Clan on Playstation Network" button, it says the clan is full. Is it time for a fourth overflow to contain the Goonmass?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

OdinsBeard posted:

Yes, you can tell it didn't because otherwise your radar would be constantly red

Infinitely as in it would extend out to the closest enemy, no matter how far, but closer more show up. There's video interview, probably IGN, of a Bungie guy discussing the differences.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
Io Engrams are 300 power for the next 18 minutes.

What a lovely way of doing this.

Edit: turned in 200 coins to end up with 3/5 Io armor, reminds me of when I got 3/5 FWC gear, way back last week. Still waiting on Kinetic weapon mods, too. I'm done, gently caress rng

KillTylerDurden fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 5, 2017

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Coldforge posted:

It's unfortunate the explosive round perk doesn't come in a fully automatic weapon.

Explosive rounds on an AR would be so brokenly good, now I want one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Who cares, there is no content in the game that requires 305 light to complete.

Once you get over 290 you're set.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Big props to the dudes who i just invaded your fireteam yesterday and pulled off the nightfall with last night on xbone kreux deux

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

Who cares, there is no content in the game that requires 305 light to complete.

Once you get over 290 you're set.

People really like to max those numbers but yeah, who cares about getting 305

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Emron posted:

Explosive rounds on an AR would be so brokenly good, now I want one.

I'd settle for a full auto scout rifle, like D1's raid scout :(

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

305 with rares. I don't know why but I assumed you couldn't put legendary mods in blue bear, probably because you can't infuse it.

Coldforge posted:

These exist FYI. In fact so many of my scout drops had this for the first week I assumed it was a super common trait.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
Destiny 2: We goin X-to-the-Z wit dat RNG

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

So last night I used a dual hand cannon build with Lucky Pants as a joke and ended up getting a much better efficiency rating than I usually get with scout/auto :bungie:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
[quote="“Akuma”" post="“477086146”"]
These exist FYI. In fact so many of my scout drops had this for the first week I assumed it was a super common trait.
[/quote]

Yeah theres an exotic one of these called skyburners oath that i very much dig

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Coldforge posted:

There's like at least three of these my man

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Skyburner carried me through the nightfall in the very first week when we were all 260-270 but to be honest that thing is not very good once you stack it up against actually good guns.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I was messing around with Better Devils and True Prophecy in Crucible yesterday. I can't tell which feels better. True Prophecy hits harder, and the after hit explosion is nearly instant. I think it's easier to hit multiple people with the Better Devils explosive rounds. Is there something with the True Prophecy's perk I'm missing or is it just an explosive round that hits a half second later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Jolo posted:

I was messing around with Better Devils and True Prophecy in Crucible yesterday. I can't tell which feels better. True Prophecy hits harder, and the after hit explosion is nearly instant. I think it's easier to hit multiple people with the Better Devils explosive rounds. Is there something with the True Prophecy's perk I'm missing or is it just an explosive round that hits a half second later?

this is literally what the perk is. you can tell because when you look at the gun and read the perk, this is what it says.