Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I guess maybe it's that Toga was talking the entire time during her match with Uraraka? No element of surprise, very little concentration -- even worse that she thinks Uraraka and Tsuyu are cute, so she couldn't stop yammering on and trying to call them by pet names and talk about love instead of doing her friggin' job. Here, she had the initiative and Lock/Aizawa are both kind of drab older men, so she just kind of stabs them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

PMush Perfect posted:

Am I going to have to kinkshame a fictional shapeshifter

I honestly would not be surprised if getting naked is completely unnecessary for her quirk and she just does it for kicks

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Didn't she materialize into her clothes when the reveal happened after the end of the license exam?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Didn't she materialize into her clothes when the reveal happened after the end of the license exam?

Maybe her blood-draining murder-schoolgirl loadout is designed to shapeshift with her?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The lock dude is there so he can be saved by one of the students and then go "I guess I was wrong about you kids after all"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Another possibility for why Uraraka got the better of Toga while she's giving Aizawa trouble here: She seems like the type to play with people, and might have underestimated Uraraka. Additionally, I'd be willing to bet her focus is the hit-and-run. In a straight one on one, Aizawa would win, but tired as he is and with the environment favoring Toga...Well, you see why they're in this spot.

Or it's a manga and levels of strength and skill are inconsistent, I dunno.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mr. Fowl posted:

Another possibility for why Uraraka got the better of Toga while she's giving Aizawa trouble here: She seems like the type to play with people, and might have underestimated Uraraka. Additionally, I'd be willing to bet her focus is the hit-and-run. In a straight one on one, Aizawa would win, but tired as he is and with the environment favoring Toga...Well, you see why they're in this spot.

Or it's a manga and levels of strength and skill are inconsistent, I dunno.

It's the former. She was all smiles and happy eyes with Uravity and Froppy, happy to chat and play. She gives Eraserhead the death glare here for interrupt her splooshing over Deku remembering her name.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

dazoner posted:

This post makes you seem like a terrible person. (I am not calling you a terrible person or implying it, just saying your choice of words were a bit shocking.)

I appreciate a good villain in a story and that doesn't make me, or anyone else, a terrible person.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Being a murderous shapeshifting love-maniac certainly makes her an interesting character, even if she's a creepy nudist psychopathic yandere who makes me kinda uncomfortable.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Crasical posted:

Being a murderous shapeshifting love-maniac certainly makes her an interesting character, even if she's a creepy nudist psychopathic yandere who makes me kinda uncomfortable.

The particulars of Toga's love-mania -- i.e. "When I love someone, I want to become them" -- and the fact that she appears to be at least somewhat correct about the nature of love (for some cases, at least) make her one of the most disturbing (and most fun) villains to me.

Also, I like her design. She always looks like she's been trying to bite through an unpeeled lemon and only partially succeeding, but is also really jazzed about it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope Uraraka gets to fight Toga again this arc because their like 3 page fight back during the camp was honestly pretty lame.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Poltergrift posted:

She always looks like she's been trying to bite through an unpeeled lemon and only partially succeeding, but is also really jazzed about it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I really like how prominent her wisdom teeth are, since she drinks blood and all. Or maybe they're actual fangs to make it easier.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Poltergrift posted:

Maybe her blood-draining murder-schoolgirl loadout is designed to shapeshift with her?

It doesn't, you can see it on the ground in one of the panels.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Crasical posted:

Yanderes should make you uncomfortable though, so it's good

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

It doesn't, you can see it on the ground in one of the panels.

She took off her clothes... then shapeshifted into herself wearing clothes. Guess it makes sense if she doesn't want every person she transforms into to be dressed as a schoolgirl.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Should be noted that Toga actully came out on top with her fight with Ochaco. And after being grounded stabbed her and started draining her blood. She then instantly slipped out of Ochaco's hold in order to retreat from the reinforcements.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

eraserhead could have underestimated toga

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Last Celebration posted:

I really like how prominent her wisdom teeth are, since she drinks blood and all. Or maybe they're actual fangs to make it easier.
I don't think that's what wisdom teeth are

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Last Celebration posted:

Sindai posted:

The technical name is canine teeth. If you look closely at page 13, you can see four diagonal lines on the bottom outline of her teeth for the incisors between.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jul 28, 2017

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
that death glare she gives aizawa is loving top tier

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think that and when she's made into a magnet are the only times she isn't looking happy about something.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I like this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

this is good

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lmao Aizawa got beat up by a girl

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What character is that I'm missing it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Radish posted:

What character is that I'm missing it.

Scary mind control boy.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Sindai posted:

She can dislocate her jaw to consume larger prey and rip them to shreds with her razor sharp molars.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Scary mind control boy.

Figured it might be him but didn't see the eye bags.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Radish posted:

Figured it might be him but didn't see the eye bags.

This is back when he got 8 hours of sleep every night no matter what.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

This is back when he got 8 hours of sleep every night no matter what.

That's smart, especially before high school entrance exams.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Radish posted:

That's smart, especially before high school entrance exams.

Very healthy kid. Glass of warm milk and a good 20 or so minutes of stretching before bed. Keeps him sleeping soundly throughout the night with no issues.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the ball head guy is legitimately the worst. he adds nothing positive to the show. i hope when they have a moment where one of the kids needs to die for ppl to get more motivated or w/e its him bc i hate him.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

*non-superpowered people need not apply

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

tbp posted:

the ball head guy is legitimately the worst. he adds nothing positive to the show. i hope when they have a moment where one of the kids needs to die for ppl to get more motivated or w/e its him bc i hate him.

he wont die because he's the author's self-insert

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

tbp posted:

Pictured: Me bouncing off your bad opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mineta can be truly awful but he does get some good jokes in here and there