Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vanisher

Jolo posted:

It's kinda screwed up because I played a ton of hours of Fallout 3 and then bought New Vegas years later and couldn't get into it because the basic systems were still Fallout 3 and I played so much of that already. I know the writing is supposed to be way better and I totally believe it but every time I try it I play for 2-3 hours and then quit.

Which mods should I use when I give New Vegas another go?

edit: also I was so so annoyed by the end of Fallout 3. Usually I can let video game stuff slide for the sake of the story but (spoilers for the end of Fallout 3) the game specifically gives you a party character that is immune to the radiation but then doesn't allow you to send that character into an irradiated room to pull a switch to save the day or something. It's so goofy because there's a forced heroic sacrifice and it's completely unnecessary.

Never caught that loophole.

The reskinning and retexturing mods make it feel less dated. The lighting mods make it spooker. If you didnt get to play the dlc that stuff all comes with it now and it adds a lot of loot/item updates which are nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Jolo posted:

edit: also I was so so annoyed by the end of Fallout 3. Usually I can let video game stuff slide for the sake of the story but (spoilers for the end of Fallout 3) the game specifically gives you a party character that is immune to the radiation but then doesn't allow you to send that character into an irradiated room to pull a switch to save the day or something. It's so goofy because there's a forced heroic sacrifice and it's completely unnecessary.

so dumb, yes, but i am pretty sure they patched the game at a certain point so you can send fawkes or whichever super mutant in for you.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Bobby Deluxe

they did, the last dlc makes it so you can send fawkes or there is another npc who makes sense that you can send in

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Heather Papps posted:

so dumb, yes, but i am pretty sure they patched the game at a certain point so you can send fawkes or whichever super mutant in for you.

it really destroyed the entire game for me when i played it. i had both a super mutant and a ghoul and both gave me the bullshittest of reasons why they wouldn't just do it. so i refused and the bos lady went in and died and the epilogue called ME the bastard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Bobby Deluxe posted:

they did, the last dlc makes it so you can send fawkes or there is another npc who makes sense that you can send in

they b***h about it the whole time and act like you're some kind of coward for it, though. it's honestly the worst writing i have ever seen, and i have played me an awful lot of bethesda games

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
:goonsay:
also i really hated how the brotherhood was a bunch of philanthropists in fo3. established canon sets them as tech obsessed hermit jerks, and the first thing they do in fo1 is to send you to die in an irradiated hole

Lazy_Liberal

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i just go in with all my companions and we party in there

Nosfereefer

in conclusion, bethesda are dumb, and should remake daggerfall, the cowards

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nosfereefer posted:

in conclusion, bethesda are dumb, and should remake daggerfall, the cowards

Such a good completely unplayable game now. It's very playable until you go into a dungeon and ummmm that 3D map sure is unparsable. Is there a mod to give daggerfall a usable map?

sig by owlhawk911

Heather Papps

hello friend

pixaal posted:

Such a good completely unplayable game now. It's very playable until you go into a dungeon and ummmm that 3D map sure is unparsable. Is there a mod to give daggerfall a usable map?

eye of argonia rules, but it's just for rez and draw distance i think.

i had a pad of graph paper and made my own but i never actually managed to finish it cause i got stuck on some random quest trying to protect some dude in a town from vampires and then being stuck with no way to complete the quest or survive, and my most recent save was hours and hours before, so i just kinda abandoned it. arena was the poo poo tho'

Bobby Deluxe

i think i broke video games, i dont want to play any right now

help

Finger Prince

Bobby Deluxe posted:

help

Just fire up Skyrim.

LethalGeek

Bobby Deluxe posted:

help

that's what other stuff is for until you go wtf am I doing not playing video games instead of this dumb poo poo.

....lol you have this function on?

Waste of space.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince posted:

Just fire up Skyrim.

Bobby Deluxe

i got it bad i dont even want to play skyrim

part of the problem is my rsi is flaring up so i cant play kb/m games, and cant play twitchy games for too long, at least until i can get an appointment for steroid injections in my arms

i am halfway through spiderman on ps4, was sort of picking away at wow, had started playing dawn of war 2 (1 was better), and the missus just got a switch so i started playing lets go eevee and katamari on that

my wife got pretty far on goose game but i am pretty bad at it

Scaly Haylie

play yourself a jrpg

FreshCutFries

would there be any interest in doing a part 2 of the byob dwarf fortress game?

FreshCutFries

part 1 seems to have disappeared from the archives :(

vanisher

FreshCutFries posted:

part 1 seems to have disappeared from the archives :(

I think it was goldmined? I read it again not too long ago

I'd be down

FreshCutFries

ah. i forgot the search was weird.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3801661&pagenumber=23&perpage=40#post468946808

FutonForensic

:kiddo:

vanisher

checking back in after playing a little The Outer Worlds

It's like KOTOR got a graphics and combat upgrade. There is still that back and forth running across the same city to do a hundred persuasion checks thing they had in KOTOR that drove me crazy. Its a good game though (so far).

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

FreshCutFries

vanisher posted:

checking back in after playing a little The Outer Worlds

It's like KOTOR got a graphics and combat upgrade. There is still that back and forth running across the same city to do a hundred persuasion checks thing they had in KOTOR that drove me crazy. Its a good game though (so far).

yeah, i like the mix of new vegas + kotor + other rpgs i forget at the moment. i was just expecting a modern new vegas from the opening and was pleasantly surprised as it went on. i just finished up the main story last night and am starting my second playthrough to do side content now. the game is fun, but i don't think it's going to be anything that sticks in people's memory's unfortunately. everything from the faction storylines to the companion storylines to the main storylines feel just barely unfinished. like i can't put my finger on it, but nothing felt satisfying to finish or see the results of in the game. also, it doesn't help that disco elysium has basically the same social commentary as this and did it wayyyy better. disco elysium does such an excellent job of highlighting the lack of nuance in rpgs.

FreshCutFries

upon further thought the game systems also have that same feeling of "oh man champ, you're almost there." the shooting is way better than fallout 4, but it's still bland compared to actual shooters. the rpg elements are there. the return of low int characters kicks rear end. the system is complex enough that you need to think about builds, but not so complex that it gets mired down in details. BUT the system is so boring. the perks are all just "slight buff to carry capacity," "bonus to skill," "bonus to other skill," "slightly less slight buff to carry capacity," etc. i tried to build a sneaky assassin character, but it just ended up as a normal shooty guy because the sneak attack system is worthless on normal. i'm doing a supernova playthrough now, so i'm curious to see how the system holds up when the punishment is cranked up.

FreshCutFries

all of this is fueling my conspiracy theory that the outer worlds was not an actual game but instead an elaborate pitch to microsoft to make a way more expensive competitor to bethesda now that they pissed off their fan base and microsoft thought it was a good idea which is why they bought obsidian

Rockman Reserve

wait obsidian is owned by Microsoft now? is OuWo not available on PS4? :ohdear:

Bobby Deluxe

it is on ps4 because jim sterling had ps4 trophies popping up when playing it

thats odd but i am not complaining

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

it is on ps4 because jim sterling had ps4 trophies popping up when playing it

thats odd but i am not complaining

I believe they were working on it before the acquisition and were allowed to release on all previously guaranteed platforms.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I'm bummed that I don't really like Remedy's new game Control. The setting is cool but the playing the game part just isn't clicking with me. The loot and upgrades are just awful. The gun and character mods are all things like "+10% health" or "-5% energy cost" and a lot of the upgrades are like that too. Give me a mod that makes some of my weapon shots explode or one that lets me do the dance from Thriller. These are all boring.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Bobby Deluxe

you should play warframe then

Jolo

Bobby Deluxe posted:

you should play warframe then

ha, I have played it a bit but it doesn't bother me there because the game is kind of centered around mods and upgrades. In Control it feels like this big boring system that adds nothing to the game.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Korean Boomhauer
who do i gotta contact to get a invite to yob discord i promise some day my posts will get better

nut

ya i have "gamed" a day or two in my .ife

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

i really want to play death stranding but my ps4 is hundreds of miles away at the moment ;_;

i also still havent played sekiro for the same reason. blehhhh

Jolo

nut posted:

ya i have "gamed" a day or two in my .ife

*Borat voice* "MY .IIIIFE!"

Rockman Reserve

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i really want to play death stranding but my ps4 is hundreds of miles away at the moment ;_;

i also still havent played sekiro for the same reason. blehhhh

sounds like your ps4 is def. stranded :smuggo:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

food court bailiff posted:

sounds like your ps4 is def. stranded :smuggo:

if only i could hire norman reedus and a baby to haul it over to me on foot

Bobby Deluxe

if i could hire norman reedus i would not waste my time getting him to drag a ps4, i would get him to drag my lifeless body into the sea after putting his entire arm up me and working me like a puppet

Bobby Deluxe

i mean ha ha me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve

all i ever play these days is hitman 2 because it is so good and fun and chill but that, in itself, has made me force myself to play other games in my backlog that are actually beatable so i don't just play hitman 2 forever and ever

so far i've nailed persona 5 and re 7, close to finishing re remake, and i have a save file of pillars of eternity right near the start that i was actually kind of enjoying for the first time

feels good

what games are byobbies playing this weekend