Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He also didn't have any money so he wanted someone who could work pro-bone-o.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I think the american west is full of dumbshits

You have to be from the West because otherwise you would know that the American East is also full of dumbshits.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0j2dVuhr6s

If only the Supreme Court had an interpreter.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Can confirm, I live in the PNW and I've got a summons for jury duty in front of me.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

being a goon should automatically get you ejected at mach speed in voir dire

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
"but I only post in ask/tell!" i insist as I am forcefully ejected from the courtroom

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/925826588121358336

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

We live in a Coen brothers movie.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You can't trust those oregano users.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

I admire his restraint in not calling it the "devil weed" as he so clearly wanted.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Jokes on him. Some dumb pothead is more likely to believe that THE MAN is oppressing the poor Bundys than your average person.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Casimir Radon posted:

Jokes on him. Some dumb pothead is more likely to believe that THE MAN is oppressing the poor Bundys than your average person.

Err, you could have phrased this a little differently but :agreed:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

TotalLossBrain posted:

Can confirm, I live in the PNW and I've got a summons for jury duty in front of me.

Me too! I'm getting ready to get my nullification on as we speak.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Well I can say one thing about Ryan Bundy:

He doesn’t talk out both sides of his mouth.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
He looks like a still shot of somebody being punched.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bundy-blm/arizona-roadway-to-be-named-for-man-killed-during-oregon-protest/

:headdesk:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

wyoming posted:

We live in a Coen brothers movie.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/KirkSiegler/status/928340868934672384

I want to believe this is overblown but also winning the war with mexico was a mistake.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
call it the tarpway imo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yet another monument to be torn down by radical antifa

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Kazak_Hstan posted:

hi i live in wyoming, can confirm.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope Arizona turns blue in the next decade and names it after Obama instead.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bobby Digital posted:

call it the tarpway imo

I am fully in favor of renaming the road if "tarpway" is in the name.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Kazak_Hstan posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KirkSiegler/status/928340868934672384

I want to believe this is overblown but also winning the war with mexico was a mistake.

If I’m ever in the area, I’ll pour out piss bottle in his dishonor.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

He always looks like he’s being punched by an invisible ghost

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I didn't want to start a new thread for it and this one is tangentially related enough to enjoy this morsel:

https://twitter.com/HonoredSpirit/status/930155643415285761

https://twitter.com/HonoredSpirit/status/930163285663592449

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Fogle spent many years trying to get into little pants.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840482

There's a Jared thread, full of fresh jokes.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Let out of jail after nearly two years, Ryan Bundy arrives to court in style

LAS VEGAS - Ryan Bundy, released to a halfway house on the eve of the Nevada standoff trial, stepped from a white limousine Tuesday outside the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse in Las Vegas, dressed in a black suit and wearing a white cowboy hat.

He shook the hands of supporters gathered outside the courthouse, participated in a prayer circle in the courthouse corridor and then sat in the public gallery of the seventh-floor courtroom to watch a lesser player in the April 2014 confrontation plead guilty.

The trial for Bundy - and his father, Cliven, brother Ammon and friend Ryan Payne -- began Tuesday after a week's delay and after U.S. District Judge Gloria M. Navarro denied the government's request for another week-long delay.

Prosecutor Steven Myhre had asked for the extra time to locate, review and share with the defense, as ordered, any emails from FBI agents between March 1 and April 30, 2014, capturing the lead-up to the standoff, the standoff period and aftermath.

Defense lawyers for Payne and Ammon Bundy instead sought a mistrial as they await information about the FBI's surveillance role that they only learned about in the last week.

Ryan Bundy, who is representing himself at trial, said he opposed a delay, if his co-defendants weren't let out of jail as well. The judge had denied their renewed requests for release in the last week.

When Navarro asked Cliven Bundy his preference, the 71-year-old said, "Let's get it done."

The judge agreed, saying she wasn't willing to further delay the jury, and noted another round of defendants are also awaiting trial.

Micah McGuire, 32, of Arizona, was the defendant who had pleaded guilty to a single charge of conspiracy to impede federal officers. A prosecutor described McGuire as being part of Cliven Bundy's personal security detail, among those who brought a firearm to the April 12, 2014 standoff outside Bunkerville. He was to be released from custody Tuesday to live with his mother in Arizona.

His sentencing is Feb. 16. His lawyer is expected to argue for time served, which has been about a year and eight months.

After a first day of opening statements Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Gloria M. Navarro said Ryan Bundy could be allowed to leave the halfway house soon for an approved home, but must remain on home detention with GPS monitoring. He's only allowed to leave to attend court, church or meet with defense lawyers in his case.

His limousine ride to court was provided by friends, but his wife said she didn't know who arranged or paid for it. Ryan Bundy said it was the first time he ever rode in a limo. During a lunch break in the trial Tuesday, Ryan Bundy ate in the first-floor courthouse cafe.

Ryan Bundy had walked out of custody and the federal courthouse about 5:30 p.m. on Monday after spending a year and nearly 10 months in custody.

"This incarceration I hated every day. Every day I hated it, yet I'm very thankful for it because I've grown so much,'' he told family and supporters who greeted him. "I've grown closer to my father in heaven. I've learned a lot about the law. I've learned a lot about the people who are incarcerated, and most of them are not what you think. I've seen the atrocities by the government upon many many people and I'm appalled by it.''

-- Maxine Bernstein

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2017/11/let_out_of_jail_after_more_tha.html

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

She even looks like she has to adjust the angle of her kiss.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

being a goon should automatically get you ejected at mach speed in voir dire

can confirm :smith:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

same :(

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I was in the jury box for like ten seconds once.

…on my second day of duty. Jury selection took all day Monday and had to come back Tuesday only to be dismissed after a few minutes of formalities.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
lesson learned, next time go full ruby ridge and snipe anyone w/ a gun

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Casimir Radon posted:

I hope Arizona turns blue in the next decade and names it after Obama instead.

why, obama's a piece of poo poo

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Platystemon posted:

I was in the jury box for like ten seconds once.

…on my second day of duty. Jury selection took all day Monday and had to come back Tuesday only to be dismissed after a few minutes of formalities.

Did you make up some bullshit answers to try to be kicked?
We'd hold over jurors who were just clearly making poo poo up before kicking them at the last minute.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

nm posted:

Did you make up some bullshit answers to try to be kicked?
We'd hold over jurors who were just clearly making poo poo up before kicking them at the last minute.

That’s funny, but no.

Other people were making poo poo up or straight‐up whining, which is largely why it took so long.

I understand pretending to be Joe McCarthy, but arguing it’s a hardship on you to serve? You should have told it to the clerk. Now you’ve wasted your time and the entire court’s by coming down here and moaning.

It’s not like this was a celebrity murder trial that might take months.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
The absolute worst are teachers. They all can't possible miss a day of school because they are so important. There is literally an item on the form that lets them postpone until summer vacation, but they want to try to get kicked, so they don't have to be there on a day off.
They also get paid full salary on jury duty.
The only real people I have sympathy with is people making a few bucks an hour whose employers won't pay for the time off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nm posted:

The absolute worst are teachers. They all can't possible miss a day of school because they are so important. There is literally an item on the form that lets them postpone until summer vacation, but they want to try to get kicked, so they don't have to be there on a day off.
They also get paid full salary on jury duty.
The only real people I have sympathy with is people making a few bucks an hour whose employers won't pay for the time off.

Nah gently caress that they should absolutely get paid their wages to be at jury duty, I would also not want to do it for free