Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Pendent posted:

They said before the end of the year at the beginning of November so a lot of us have been holding out hope for a late November release. Pretty unlikely at this point though.

Head of studio told me Dangles and Bangles before the end of this year, and they showed the codexes on Warhammer Community and said the same.

There are also 4 snap fit kits coming out, the Bigly Aggressors and Big Boy dreadnought, and a Death Guard Terminator unit and Myphitic Blight Hauler. Expect preorders in the next couple of weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Liquid Communism posted:

drat. Too bad they're intending it mostly.for open play, I could be very down with a Hellfrost-packing SW Land Raider once they let biglies ride in cars.

I'm pumped for it for Chaos, where there's on the vanilla Land Raider option. I'm gonna magnetize up a Black Legion Land Raider to configure a dozen different ways

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Well, poo poo, most of the stuff at adepticon filled in while I was asleep/working. Guess fingers crossed for next year?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Artum posted:

Well, poo poo, most of the stuff at adepticon filled in while I was asleep/working. Guess fingers crossed for next year?

Yeah, they had said last year most of the popular stuff soldout "within hours". VIG passes and several painting classes I was trying to sign up for sold out while I was checking out, and I was sitting there at 9:01 when it went live.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yeah, they had said last year most of the popular stuff soldout "within hours". VIG passes and several painting classes I was trying to sign up for sold out while I was checking out, and I was sitting there at 9:01 when it went live.

More 'within an hour'. I went to reg before 9:00PM CST and the stuff I wanted to do was all booked out already.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

DiHK posted:

I'll see you thursday.

In other news, Craftworld Jodorowski Chris Foss test piece is go.

I've got some changes to make but I'm happy with where the dry run ended up.

Yo I loving loooooove this

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Craftworld Lisa Frank

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
lol cause vdr wasn't a total clusterfuck last time they tried it

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
[quote="“BIG MEATY SHITS”" post="“478518922”"]
lol cause vdr wasn’t a total clusterfuck last time they tried it
[/quote]

It’s all Open Play anyway. None of it has to be balanced or even make sense since they just say “lol open play do whatever you want”

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
So if I'm reading these FAQ changes correctly I can have an Autarch Skyrunner with an index loadout (Banshee mask, Fusion Gun, Laser Lance, Fusion Pistol), but everything has codex costs/rules? Can I make it my warlord and enable it to target characters and give it the Saim-Hann relic lance?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Crossposting my Steel Legion chimeras! Please enjoy:

OATH COMPLETE!

And the Jurnal is the extreme weathering (from driving around in a corrosive ash waste.)

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

gently caress those tanks have had a hard life. Gj moths.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

That’s some mighty fine rust you have there.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Leman Rust

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Thanks guys, it was my first successful salt chipping and I'm way proud of it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

For a second I thought that was the beginning pf a Flecktarn camo pattern for the tanks until I saw the mention about weathering. :shobon:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Very cool chimeras. Are the weapons magnetised?

TWSS posted:

So if I'm reading these FAQ changes correctly I can have an Autarch Skyrunner with an index loadout (Banshee mask, Fusion Gun, Laser Lance, Fusion Pistol), but everything has codex costs/rules? Can I make it my warlord and enable it to target characters and give it the Saim-Hann relic lance?

As I understand it, you are exactly right. Definitely makes banshee mask an auto take! Don’t know how I feel about that though - it’s one thing to keep using models you already made, but seems a bit cheeky to go making something specifically to leverage that change in rules. Not judging, mind you, but I have an inclination to keep all my stuff in line with the most recent rules.

Thundercloud posted:

I think there is a lot to be said for the more sociable and chill things than meeting strange guys in clubs.

My biglys aren't all painted, and they definitely aren't competition level. I will dig them out though.

Well, I look forward to playing you some time mate. Don’t worry about the painting, I have one army that’s almost all painted (IG) but still has a couple unfinished models, and I have one that’s basically completely unpainted (Eldar) - and I use both!

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
I wonder if reintroducing the Imperial Beastman to Necromunda signals that we might be seeing more abhuman stuff down the line in 40k.

There was that thing about a new non-imperial human faction rumor which I just assumed meant maybe bringing squats back but now I don’t know. I don’t remember my 40k novel lore but wasn’t there a human faction that had powered centaur armor? If 40k needs anything it’s centaurs*.

*I miss my Zoats.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

I wonder if reintroducing the Imperial Beastman to Necromunda signals that we might be seeing more abhuman stuff down the line in 40k.

There was that thing about a new non-imperial human faction rumor which I just assumed meant maybe bringing squats back but now I don’t know. I don’t remember my 40k novel lore but wasn’t there a human faction that had powered centaur armor? If 40k needs anything it’s centaurs*.

*I miss my Zoats.

Give me hrud or give me death!

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Rescued some oldschool Dark Eldar warriors from the FLGS earlier. About a dozen of them, one with a splinter cannon. Thinking about running them as Trueborn eventually, or maybe just mixing them in with the other warriors. Simple Green should be enough to strip the paint off, right?

Pic 1

Pic 2

Sorry for the poor quality. I love these dopey old helmets.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

*I miss my Zoats.

GW like to test things to see what the response is. The John Blanche sister of battle model is a good example.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

*I miss my Zoats.

Dogs of War 40K edition.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I thought about magnetizing the weapons, but ended up gluing the H Bolters in. It came down to laziness, plus I'd rather try to remember two weapon profiles than three.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

JoshTheStampede posted:

It’s all Open Play anyway. None of it has to be balanced or even make sense since they just say “lol open play do whatever you want”

:ssh:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

*I miss my Zoats.

Well I’m not adverse to it, although it’s suck to have pre-made models for my snowflake army.

I’m definitely getting that beastman though.

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

I don’t remember my 40k novel lore but wasn’t there a human faction that had powered centaur armor? If 40k needs anything it’s centaurs*.

*I miss my Zoats.

That was the Interex, who were all wiped out during the Great Crusade. They were in one of the early Horus Heresy novels, and they had some kind of magical powered space legs that they would strap on in battle so that they looked like centaurs.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Well, it turns out my local store pulled a box of Dark Reapers out of nowhere.

So I bought them to update my Dark Reaper scheme and make it uniform. So that leaves me with 5 Dark Reapers (one Exarch) if anyone wants to pick them up.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Boon posted:

Well, it turns out my local store pulled a box of Dark Reapers out of nowhere.

So I bought them to update my Dark Reaper scheme and make it uniform. So that leaves me with 5 Dark Reapers (one Exarch) if anyone wants to pick them up.

If that exarch has options for a tempest launcher I would be down.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TWSS posted:

If that exarch has options for a tempest launcher I would be down.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Dogs of War 40K edition.

Like 15-20 years ago I would have said that’s totally what they’re gonna do with the Tau, all the Hrud and Zoat and snake-man auxiliaries they could do that would be awesome

...welp, boxy battlesuits won that one.

I still have the original imperial beastman they based that Necromunda guy on so time to bust him out again.

And this is from pages back but regarding the nightmare of struggling with metal models I struggled SO HARD with these loving things and they were ALWAYS breaking; granted I had no idea what pinning was in like 1988 or whatever but still

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Oh heck yes!

Any Aeldari stuff you would be interested as a trade?

I have:
2 Falcons painted Biel-Tan
1 Unassembled Falcon on sprue
6 pewter Wraithcannon Wraithguard (stripped)
1 pewter avatar (stripped)
20 assembled guardians in need of stripping
3 pewter swooping hawks stripped with damaged bases.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
X-post from painting thread:

I needed a break from painting red all the time, and wanted to try weathering stuff without messing with the appearance of my main army.

This is my first time weathering stuff / using pigments. Before I start on more squads and on vehicles, does anyone have any links to good tutorials, particularly for doing a more grey/urban weathering? Most of what I've seen focuses on doing mud or brown dust.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Got in my game using my Skyblight list against a Blood Angels player with a decent mixed Primaris list. We used mission cards and ended up getting the deployment method that one player deploys center of the table and the other gets both edges. We got the mission where we each got one objective and if either one of us controlled both we won immediately. Because he needed to defend his objective, it basically meant we were starting deployed right in each other’s face. The twist was getting d3 wounds back in a unit per turn for free.

I deployed half my army centered around the objective and wrapping my Malanthrope in layers of Termagants. Blood Angels got to go first and was able to kill a ton of Termagants and put seven wounds on my Exocrine. A giant block of Assault Marines tore into my flank, killing a good number of gargoyles.

At that point, the monsters arrived, and it was pretty much over bottom of turn one. Flyers with high-powered guns and melee that can assault when they arrive are incredible and I felt like I was cheating. The volume of fire from two HVC on the Harpies was enough and the mortal wounds from spores was a solid bonus. The Hive Crone whiffed it’s tentaclids the first first turns but managed to put six MWs on a Repulsor on three to destroy it.

Pathogenic Slime is worth it’s CP in gold for Exocrines. Turn one and two it took out a Baal Predator and a Primaris Dreadnought. It put eighteen wounds on the dread. :pwn:

He was tabled bottom of turn three and I had lost one Hive Tyrant and two units of Termagants. It was one of those crushing victories where you end up feeling bad. :(

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Speaking of Dark Reapers, do any good alternative models for them exist out there?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Speaking of Dark Reapers, do any good alternative models for them exist out there?

No, not really. If you can get your hands on some weapons, you could convert something like kabalite warriors maybe with de scourge helmets. That could be cool.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
^ I have a bunch of spare reaper launchers

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TWSS posted:

Oh heck yes!

Any Aeldari stuff you would be interested as a trade?

I have:
2 Falcons painted Biel-Tan
1 Unassembled Falcon on sprue
6 pewter Wraithcannon Wraithguard (stripped)
1 pewter avatar (stripped)
20 assembled guardians in need of stripping
3 pewter swooping hawks stripped with damaged bases.

I'm good on models unless you have an unpainted Fire Prism. Send me a PM though and well figure this out :)

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
WIP, the first model I've painted in about 2 years - tried to lower the brightness to cut the white but it kind of washed out the color. The armor plates are blended from Dawnstone grey to Dark Reaper grey.

I think I'm going to go with a purple as an accent color (loin cloth/tassle) and I'll probably paint the reaper symbol up top bone colored.

Boon fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 19, 2017

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Boon posted:

WIP, the first model I've painted in about 2 years - tried to lower the brightness to cut the white but it kind of washed out the color. The armor plates are blended from Dawnstone grey to Dark Reaper grey.

I think I'm going to go with a purple as an accent color (loin cloth/tassle) and I'll probably paint the reaper symbol up top bone colored.

Maugan Ra is metal as gently caress. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Man these look great. Always great to see another 5th Company Imperial Fist player. What recipe did you use for that yellow?