Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Jim Beam ad with the whole bar singing Sweet Caroline is driving me insane

Theres a longer version where I woman walks into the bar with everyone singing. :yikes: moment for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
the people who write the Liberty Mutual ads loving suck at it - the Geico and Progressive commercials at least resemble bad SNL skits but the Liberty stuff barely even resembles humor. anyway they lucked into one funny thing when the dude said "Liberty Biberty" and now he's in another commercial saying "oh look a Bibu!" and I hate that it keeps making me crack up. these fuckers don't deserve the laugh

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

JAMOOOL posted:

the people who write the Liberty Mutual ads loving suck at it - the Geico and Progressive commercials at least resemble bad SNL skits but the Liberty stuff barely even resembles humor. anyway they lucked into one funny thing when the dude said "Liberty Biberty" and now he's in another commercial saying "oh look a Bibu!" and I hate that it keeps making me crack up. these fuckers don't deserve the laugh

Also the worst loving jingle that ever existed

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

JAMOOOL posted:

No, gently caress that guy and gently caress Liberty Mutual

I have to admit though, I do find the whole Progressive "turning into your parents" bit hilarious

TontoCorazon posted:

Burger King would like a word

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Progressive "turning into your parents" thing was pretty interesting at first, but it seems like they've been digging into the bottom of the barrel for it lately.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The Progressive "turning into your parents" thing was pretty interesting at first, but it seems like they've been digging into the bottom of the barrel for it lately.

I can't exactly argue with that, but it still tickles me

edit: Speaking of parents, when I was hanging out with my mom & grandmother the other night, the Wendy's "bad boys, whatcha gonna do when we bring your food?" commercial came on and they BOTH laughed, and I was shocked & confused

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 8, 2023

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
gently caress this new Etsy ad that has different people coming up with lyrics to the Mission: Impossible theme about how hard it is to find a gift for someone in their life, but Etsy has just what they're looking for!

The song doesn't even have lyrics. :fuckoff:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I just saw an ad for buttcrack deodorant. BUTTCRACK DEODORANT

I don't understand this world anymore

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

McSpanky posted:

LUME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw7cgxPQVSU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

McSpanky posted:

When I was in high school, I drew a joke ad for "rear end in a top hat deodorizer" cream. If only I had waited 21-22 years; I'd be rich....

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Their male line is now called Mando, I'm just waiting for the Disney lawyers to find out.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Their male line is now called Mando, I'm just waiting for the Disney lawyers to find out.

This is the way.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

TontoCorazon posted:

Props to whoever fleeced that company for 5 seconds of work.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

It's not even December and the credit card ad with John Travolta as Santa in Saturday Night Fever could be the worst of the new Christmas ads this year.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Travolta as Disco Santa is a fun gag, but a perplexing commercial

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

He looks so smooth as Santa. Whatever they did to his face, they overdid it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

McSpanky posted:

I've said it before -- it really does remind me of how razor companies convinced women that body hair was a gross & terrible problem that they had to buy their razors to solve. I just hope buttcrack deodorant doesn't become embedded in our culture.

Isn't that deodorant marketed as ball deodorant too? Ugh.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I keep getting force fed the ad where it looks like she did it on a cell phone in her closet and her face takes up like 85% of the camera as she violently yells at you to try LUME

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The worst one is the woman who created this talking about your crotch's stink factor at the end of the day.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I just saw THIS.

:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkBUR5dalEU

Edit: Oh God, there’s a ton more of these! Here’s another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FVJUU1yypQ

Gonz fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 15, 2023

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
For the last week or so, on every YouTube ad break I am getting the same commercial for something called a "Japanese Language ALT" which I surmise is some kind of smart board sold to Japanese schools to facilitate learning English. The ad is almost 3 minutes long and I hit skip as soon as possible, so I have no idea what the ad is for.

I surmise it's because I've been playing the persona games and clicked a link explaining a little bit about the structure of the school day in Japan, just to have a better idea. So I guess it's my fault, but Google...really? I guess it's better than Prager ads.

I like this ham egg man though

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There’s this ad for Toblerone that shows up a lot on streaming now that’s just a TikTok recipe video of someone doing some weird pear pastry with large banners on the side of the screen, and it has all the dumb editing tricks and overly-mic’d cutting sounds that make those kinds of videos insufferable

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Every single one of those "sing new lyrics to a well known song/Christmas carol" songs are almost instantly obnoxious. I'm thinking of the Verizon (?) one with Carol of the Bells and the other one I think someone mentioned upthread with the Mission Impossible theme.

I'm beginning to understand very clearly now why some people despise the Christmas season.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Every single one of those "sing new lyrics to a well known song/Christmas carol" songs are almost instantly obnoxious. I'm thinking of the Verizon (?) one with Carol of the Bells and the other one I think someone mentioned upthread with the Mission Impossible theme.

I'm beginning to understand very clearly now why some people despise the Christmas season.

"Log Bag!"

Thanks Etsy.

Fred Meyer's (maybe all of Kroger?) Christmas ad is playing constantly on broadcast and streaming, and it's this maudlin halting earworm that WONT LEAVE MY BRAIN.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

The only acceptable Carol of the Bells joke cover is the old flash animation with the Burger King employee.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Hershey Kisses gets a grandfather clause because that is a classic.

e: and also it's not Carol of the Bells, what do you want from me, I'm Jewish.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

CapnAndy posted:

Hershey Kisses gets a grandfather clause because that is a classic.

e: and also it's not Carol of the Bells, what do you want from me, I'm Jewish.

It's a classic and it's instrumental, so no obnoxiously stupid lyrics to have to sit through.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Did Buffalo Wild Wings quietly take their new mascot out back and shoot it? I haven't seen one of those awful commercials in a couple weeks.

I'm hoping they did, at least.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Failson posted:

Did Buffalo Wild Wings quietly take their new mascot out back and shoot it? I haven't seen one of those awful commercials in a couple weeks.

I'm hoping they did, at least.

I saw several yesterday, also continue to not watch football

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I saw one tonight during My Lottery Dream Home

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Huh I watch the nfl and I have no idea what the new buffalo wild wings mascot is; I’m sure I’ve seen commercials for it/them but my brain has just completely suppressed it

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Pontius Pilate posted:

Huh I watch the nfl and I have no idea what the new buffalo wild wings mascot is; I’m sure I’ve seen commercials for it/them but my brain has just completely suppressed it
It's a giant buffalo that yells dumb bullshit about WHAT IF YOU BACK UP AND RUN OVER THE QUARTERBACK AGAIN LIKE YEAH, STUPID QUARTERBACK, is that still roughing the passer.

You've seen its ads, I guarantee this.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CapnAndy posted:

It's a giant buffalo that yells dumb bullshit about WHAT IF YOU BACK UP AND RUN OVER THE QUARTERBACK AGAIN LIKE YEAH, STUPID QUARTERBACK, is that still roughing the passer.

You've seen its ads, I guarantee this.

BOURBON BARBECUE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Timby posted:

BOURBON BARBECUE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS

WHAT IF I LIST ALL THE SAUCES ON THE MENU?!?!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As someone who works in a department store I'm very annoyed at the Macys Christmas ad showing a little kid lying down on a store display bed.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I swear to God if I see a commercial for Dude Wipes one more loving time someone is gonna get hurt

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
gently caress every prescription drug ad.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

These new folksy, aw-shucks, we're American and times are tough so we've cut prices Ikea ads are just plain weird.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
So I see the Charmin making GBS threads bears is still a thing.

Genuine question, if anyone has any data or whatever: who are these for? What's the intended audience? Who actually likes these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Nobody likes them, but you definitely recognized them as charmin bears. That's what's important.