Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

credburn posted:

This dumb movie on Netflix We're the Millers has that ribs kid I'm pretty sure

I'm telling you guys

thats will poulter from shameless USA and hes in matvel movies now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
rib kid is like 50 years old by now

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

scary ghost dog posted:

thats will poulter from shameless USA and hes in matvel movies now

Shameless USA, even though he's British? That's weird.

I've never seen much of Shameless, I just know that they made at least two versions of it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Shameless USA, even though he's British? That's weird.

I've never seen much of Shameless, I just know that they made at least two versions of it.

the usa version is the better one but i was wrong anyway and mixed him up with cameron monaghan, or maybe noel fisher.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He's also in Midsommar, I believe he's the one that gets offed for pissing on a sacred tree.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

credburn posted:

This dumb movie on Netflix We're the Millers has that Adam Warlock kid I'm pretty sure

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
He was in that Bandersnatch interactive movie on Netflix too.

I was really surprised with how good he was in the latest guardians movie.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

the usa version is the better one but i was wrong anyway and mixed him up with cameron monaghan, or maybe noel fisher.

You’re thinking of Monaghan because he’s the redhead. Will Poulter is up there with Barry Keoghan in terms of guys who make me go “agh this loving guy again” in every movie.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The gently caress is wrong with Keoghan

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He's always playing a creepy little guy!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Keoghan is like "what if Joseph Gordon Levitt but he had some kinda disorder?"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

credburn posted:

This dumb movie on Netflix We're the Millers has that ribs kid I'm pretty sure

I'm telling you guys

I thought it was Syd from Toy Story finally branching out.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I thought it was David Mitchell

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
He does look like Syd!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

BiggerBoat posted:

I thought it was Syd from Toy Story finally branching out.

https://twitter.com/PoulterWill/status/924495562451357696

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

peer posted:

rib kid is like 50 years old by now

Didn't he die, or go to jail or something?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He's eating ribs in heaven right now

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Torquemada posted:

Didn't he die, or go to jail or something?

He allegedly murdered some guy
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778932

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

How else was he going to get the ribs?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Baron von Eevl posted:

Keoghan is like "what if Joseph Gordon Levitt but he had some kinda disorder?"

I love when he shows up!

Killing of a Sacred Deer
Banshees of Inisherin
Green Knight

NOT THE ETERNALS!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Sorry, but we have to include The Eternals.

Guess it's not subtle but more of a production thing, but apparently the reason nobody mentions that giant Celestial sticking out of Earth in any Marvel thing since that movie is because The Eternals was supposed to be the last movie in Phase Four. COVID shifted everything around and it came out 3rd in the slate of films.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

His cameo at the end of The Batman was actually rear end though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gaius Marius posted:

His cameo at the end of The Batman was actually rear end though.

Wait, that guy was the Joker?

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

The Rib Kid picture was (at least) 12 years old at the time of that murder. Since the kid in the mugshot was 18, I'm pretty sure it's not him, since Ribby would have to be 6 when the picture was taken.

Which is good, since it makes me sad to think of such pure innocence being corrupted.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wait, that guy was the Joker?

Yup

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Pictured: Rib Kid.

I saw Barry Keoghan in four movies in like a year and a half. Dude is just everywhere suddenly. Great in Green Knight and Banshees.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

The fact that he did this to raise awareness for an anti-bullying campaign is really on the nose.

Sounds like the guy deals with this poo poo a lot.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

A Terrible Person posted:

The fact that he did this to raise awareness for an anti-bullying campaign is really on the nose.

Sounds like the guy deals with this poo poo a lot.

I don’t think it’s because he’s bullied, the guy just juices every bit of recognition he gets to promote social causes

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You know the opening credits of movies like Godzilla and Underwater where the credits play over video clips or redacted information in newspapers where it’s fun to stop the movie and see what was there? I like those. Please give me more examples.

You know how in movies like event horizon where the camera goes into space so it continues off from the credits instead of fading away and starting a new shot? I like those. Please give me more examples.

I like movies.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Is that lovely rich kid who gets killed in the subway in Joker supposed to look like Don Jr.? He was a Wayne kid, too. Feels intentional?

credburn has a new favorite as of 13:15 on Jun 13, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
To be fair, a lot of white blonde-haired white guys look the same to me.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
some white people definitely look alike and the richer you get the more they do

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

some guy? rib kid murdered an oil exec. if he wasnt arrested we would live in a post oil world after he murdered all the oil excecs for their ribs.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

snergle posted:

some guy? rib kid murdered an oil exec. if he wasnt arrested we would live in a post oil world after he murdered all the oil excecs for their ribs.

Well poo poo, we nearly had a real life Batman villain but the cops figured out his weakness was "getting arrested"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

it might not be subtle, but ive been thinking about how mal and cobb just built a bunch of skyscrapers with a few nice walkways between them when they were in limbo. they had free reigns! there was something deeply wrong with them even they incepted each other

in the end, ive learned to be glad that they were not able to incept any others with their absolute garbage

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Jun 17, 2023

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

probably others thought of this, but i think its significant: the children are always the same age

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010
Not really.

In the dream and the flashbacks they're the same, but at the end when he returns home, and he call to them like he regretted not doing in the memory before he ran they're played by older kids in similar, but different, clothes.

From the credits:

Claire Geare . . . Phillipa (3 Years Old)
Magnus Nolan... James (20 Months Old)
Taylor Geare . . . Phillipa (5 Years Old)
Johnathan Geare... James (3 Years Old)

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

HelleSpud posted:

Magnus Nolan... James (20 Months Old)

drat nepo babies

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
In Muppets From Space, Ray Liotta's character, the security guard at the COVNET gate, is named Douanier, according to the name plate on his uniform. A "douanier" is a French officer of customs.

The weather vane on the roof is a fish.

Also, the crowd (of extras) on the beach is clearly meant to be crazy but one of them is wearing (mallard) duck slippers

(Hello thread, I'm still catching up, but will get back to this point in the thread in... A couple months haha.)

PhantomOfTheCopier has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Jun 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

oldpainless posted:

You know the opening credits of movies like Godzilla and Underwater where the credits play over video clips or redacted information in newspapers where it’s fun to stop the movie and see what was there? I like those. Please give me more examples.
The first that came to mind was The Andromeda Strain, which includes all or nearly all of the technical diagrams and classified letters, including the 'cure', in the opening credits.

(And from a few pages ago since I did a quick scroll back, there are two Bond films that include footage from the others. Hmmm, maybe three now? On Her Majesty's Secret Service includes footage from all the Connery films in the opening credits. Spectre includes footage from the previous three Craig films in the opening credits, which I always see as a mini homage to OHMSS.)

PhantomOfTheCopier has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Jun 17, 2023