Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

That's still a mask on top of a mask.

You say that like Jason Todd wearing a mask under another mask is a new idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah that's pretty much part of his power set: Double Mask: he wears two masks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A domino mask over a full face mask can actually work and look excellent. But only if you're not a totally garbage character.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Good thing Jason has never used a domino mask over a full face mask then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Too bad he's still a poo poo character!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Jason really looks like he got lost on his way to Mortal Kombat now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

A hockey mask is not a full face mask though?

And if you want to get technical, the hockey mask is over the domino mask.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No rebuttal over him being a poo poo character though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Because any argument and facts I can provide will be met with pretty much "Nope he sucks" with no argument to back it up either, so why bother my time when there are better things to do? :shrug:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A hockey mask is not a full face mask though?

And if you want to get technical, the hockey mask is over the domino mask.

That one isn't, but the term "hockey mask" generally includes a full face mask
https://www.google.com/search?q=hoc...wv3486j4emPplM:

Edit: You are aware of the Friday The 13th film franchise, right?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Because any argument and facts I can provide will be met with pretty much "Nope he sucks" with no argument to back it up either, so why bother my time when there are better things to do? :shrug:

Well I mean you only really accept facts that fit your own narratives so yeah it would be pointless.

I mean that’s why most people like characters they like to be fair but let’s not pretend your opinion has some kind of objective facts backing them up.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Can you guys just put DT on ignore or something?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Skwirl posted:

That one isn't, but the term "hockey mask" generally includes a full face mask
https://www.google.com/search?q=hoc...wv3486j4emPplM:

Edit: You are aware of the Friday The 13th film franchise, right?

Oh I know, I'm just using the term used by Woods himself on the design sheets.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I mean you only really accept facts that fit your own narratives so yeah it would be pointless.

I mean that’s why most people like characters they like to be fair but let’s not pretend your opinion has some kind of objective facts backing them up.

Sales numbers and critical acclaim are objective facts. Although the same can be applied to critics of the character that use outdated facts at best as arguments. Or are just spouting insults.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 18, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Roth posted:

Can you guys just put DT on ignore or something?

The ignore list is for the weak willed.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is Jason Todd but an angry penguin.

His emblem looks like angry eyes and a beak to me.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Teenage Fansub posted:

A look at the weirdo team from Steve Orlando and Travel Foreman's new thing.
https://www.newsarama.com/41428-electric-warriors-1-cover.html

Welcome Mojo Dominator, Warframe Octopus, Quentin Quire/Tetsuo, Blink and exposed brain Tron guy!

Mojo Dominator and Warframe Octopus are cool names though

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I thought those were the names until I got to the third one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

W-clops and Partial nudity would also have been acceptable.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tom King is surprised to learn his cover has been blown.

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/1031509555392466948

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Guessing that's a bot anyway. The guy with the closest name in the article linked is Thomas Kalaris.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Endless Mike posted:

Tom King is surprised to learn his cover has been blown.

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/1031509555392466948

Good. Maybe Tim and Kyle can be saved. Roy can still die.

I know it is a bot/mistaken tweet. Don't reply trolls.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
November Solicits

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1808/20/dcnov.htm

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Shazam! starts with backups by Captain Marvel's #1 Japanese superfan illustrator, Sen.
Doom Patrol gets issue #12 and the second trade out
Doc Shaner drawing Supergirl
Philippe Briones is doing Justice League Odyssey art while Sejic is probably taking some well deserved RnR after remaking the first two issues. edit: Sejic's off the book.
In Electric Warriors, Warframe Octopus' actual name is Deep Dweller, and W-Cyclops is War Cry. He's wearing Superman's cape.
Morrison's Green Lantern is getting Frank Quitely variant covers.
New GL logo:

They're not printing 'Final issue' any more, so it's hard to tell if anything's ending other than Plastic Man.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 21, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This current WW arc is really bothering me. Is bad enough they're going with the "Aztec gods were aliens" angle, but literally, everything they do to depict the Aztecs is just so wrong. If writers and editors can't be arsed to do a little research, then I'd rather them to not touch the pantheon at all.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You should probably avoid anything solicited with Mayan or Aztec stuff. Or Aztek.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh poo poo that's really cool :allears:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This current WW arc is really bothering me. Is bad enough they're going with the "Aztec gods were aliens" angle, but literally, everything they do to depict the Aztecs is just so wrong. If writers and editors can't be arsed to do a little research, then I'd rather them to not touch the pantheon at all.
Write a letter.

Like this sounds dumb but I suspect that is the kind of thing they would notice and publish. This could be your big career moment, DT!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I wish I loved anything as much this Sen dude loves Shazam holy poo poo

http://shazam.ldblog.jp/

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dude's a lady.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
assumptions make an rear end out of me once again

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Teenage Fansub posted:

Dude's a lady.

Johns is gonna make this poor lady draw Mary ripping an arm off, Freddy getting double crippled, and Hoppy eating Uncle Marvel.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I like this piece because it proves that it's completely impossible to make Injustice Shazam look good

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1031702214006341632

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I mean the Nordic gods aren’t terribly accurate either it’s just something you got to accept.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Has Elvis every been incorporated into a Shazam comic before because I think that would make for a great cameo somehow.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The style of that Japanese artist reminds me of some slash artwork between Conner Kent and Tim Drake that I remember floating around on the internet. I may be wrong.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xelkelvos posted:

The style of that Japanese artist reminds me of some slash artwork between Conner Kent and Tim Drake that I remember floating around on the internet. I may be wrong.

What.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Madkal posted:

Has Elvis every been incorporated into a Shazam comic before because I think that would make for a great cameo somehow.

Captain Marvel Jr in Kingdom Come is called King Marvel and looks like Elvis. Geoff Johns had Captaib Marvel Jr quote a Elvis song in Teen Titans.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Elvis based his stage outfits on Captain Marvel Jr. because Captain Marvel Jr. was his favourite when he was a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Wheat Loaf posted:

Elvis based his stage outfits on Captain Marvel Jr. because Captain Marvel Jr. was his favourite when he was a kid.

Yep. That's why it would be cool if DC acknowledges it (which it seems they have kind of done).