Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

I AM BRAWW posted:

Winged Knight:

"Armor of the Winged Knights, who swore themselves to the Angels.

Worship of the divine messengers was viewed as heresy in Lothric and unrecognized by any of the Three Pillars of rule.

This is believed to be why Gertrude, the Heavenly Daughter, was imprisoned in the lofty cell of the Grand Archives.
"

Aack so many questions about that description! I love this poo poo. Hopefully someone fleshes it out a bit or it's expanded upon in DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Fists are not very good in this game because they're not fast, they have poo poo range, and they don't have great damage or hitstun

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Section Z posted:

Also if you haven't found them yet, there are some firebombs that can help in the area before the first boss. They don't respawn though.
Thanks, yeah I found them and used them already. :( Were they on top of the coffin at the part where you drop down a few times?

I did find another area with the crystal worm type thing, there seemed to be a shiny item there but I died (again). I need to work on my dodge timing and not mash buttons so much.

One problem I have with the boss is that parrying his attacks doesn't always stun him. Should I just focus on staying close, dodging and then getting a few quick hits in? Or am I just timing the parry wrong so that it blocks but doesn't stun?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://www.darksouls.jp/information.html

code:
Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
Made the consequences less strict for a player joining the Rosaria's Finger.
Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untamed Graves.
Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
(Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can't access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
(Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
If you happen to give a certain NPC an item that is said to drive that NPC crazy, I have good news.
Just ignore the items in the shop and proceed accordingly, the NPC returns the tome(s?) to you so that you can give it to the correct NPC later.

Currently sitting quietly at the Kiln and wondering if I'll get a bluecop summon ever at level 80. Spoiler: already know I won't.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Kild posted:

http://www.darksouls.jp/information.html

code:
Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
Made the consequences less strict for a player joining the Rosaria's Finger.
Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untamed Graves.
Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
(Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can't access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
(Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.

No mention of dupe glitch or the dancer kill thing.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is this the patch that's supposed to bring great performance increases that some articles spoke about?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Am I too high level at 66 for the aldritch faithful?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
New Game+ is wonderful because you can team up with a buddy and demolish everything with Dragonslayer Greataxes.

Crystal Sage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmkaE_mgARU

Stray Demon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO1tltLA0ZA
Is it just me, or did his legs break off before the killing blow? Is that what happens when you poise break him? Because that owns.

Just nonstop brute force and it owns so goddamn hard. We beasted the Abyss Watcher so quickly that the additional enemies didn't even have time to run up to us. This is the best gimmick run ever, if you can call "smash bosses with two huge weapons" a gimmick.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Jose posted:

Am I too high level at 66 for the aldritch faithful?

Nope, I got all 30 dregs I needed today at 74. It'll definitely be slower than somebody going in at level 40, but there's still plenty of activity.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

JFC this game. I forced myself to put my controller in my locker at school so I can't play for a few weeks. I've got basically an exam every day until next Monday and I spent the past week and a half playing DS3 for 70 hours. How I got this far in my education is beyond me!

Maybe FROM will release a patch to fix some of the network/covenant issues by the time I can play again. Maybe? Probably not.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Is this true? Is it an achievement?

"If you have obtained the Eyes of a Firekeeper from the Untended Graves area and have given it to the Fire Keeper you can use a summon sign next to the bonfire to trigger the 'The End of Fire' ending and the unlocking of said achievement. During this scene you have a short window where you can attack the Firekeeper after the cutscene for what is effectively a 4th ending option."

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!
Not sure if I'm sequence breaking here but killed pontiff, got to anor londo, and am getting my poo poo pushed in by Aldrich.. Is this the right progression to go, or is there somewhere else I should be going?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I AM BRAWW posted:

Is this true? Is it an achievement?

"If you have obtained the Eyes of a Firekeeper from the Untended Graves area and have given it to the Fire Keeper you can use a summon sign next to the bonfire to trigger the 'The End of Fire' ending and the unlocking of said achievement. During this scene you have a short window where you can attack the Firekeeper after the cutscene for what is effectively a 4th ending option."

Yeah apparently you kill her to take the Ember, effectively becoming the only dude in a dark world who has an ember which makes you king poo poo of gently caress mountain.

Don't know if it's an achievement.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

LemonRind posted:

Not sure if I'm sequence breaking here but killed pontiff, got to anor londo, and am getting my poo poo pushed in by Aldrich.. Is this the right progression to go, or is there somewhere else I should be going?

You're on the right track, yeah. IMO the key to that boss is to bumrush them so that they'll use melee attacks, as they take ample time to recover after melee and you can get a lot of hits in. Charge them right from the moment you enter the boss room, and close the distance ASAP when they teleport. If you keep your distance, they'll spam magic attacks and shitloads of arrows. Also, hit their giant slug rear end for more damage.

Stiggs
Apr 25, 2008

Miles and miles of friends!

WarpedLichen posted:

Nope, I got all 30 dregs I needed today at 74. It'll definitely be slower than somebody going in at level 40, but there's still plenty of activity.

I was doing it at around level 65, and invasions were instant every time. I don't think it'll be any slower than doing it at 40!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LemonRind posted:

That's one of the options and you'll have to do it eventually, but you can also go in the opposite direction and clear Irithyll Dungeon and the area after it as well.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Apr 25, 2016

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

WarpedLichen posted:

How are people getting killed by straightswords at all? You can just roll out after 2 hits every time?

You can roll out after two hits from literally every weapon in the game. Straight swords are among the best PvP weapons because they're really good at securing hits due to their incredible speed, stamina efficiency, and versatile moveset, and those hits really loving hurt a lot because the best straight swords, Dark Sword and Anri's, have over 400 loving AR at +10 with softcap stats.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I just can't get a feel for Dancer's attacks. They seem to have a weird rhythm on them I can't time and grasp. I can get it to the 2nd phase but no further.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Azazell0 posted:

I just can't get a feel for Dancer's attacks. They seem to have a weird rhythm on them I can't time and grasp. I can get it to the 2nd phase but no further.

Stick to her butt all the time. Her turnaround attacks are extremely slow and telegraphed if you're behind her because she turns like a tractor trailer.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Kanos posted:

Stick to her butt all the time.

Oh yeah

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

:q:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
+ 3 heavy bastard sword with 28 strength is a pro level 20 invader option btw

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

NTT posted:

+ 3 heavy bastard sword with 28 strength is a pro level 20 invader option btw

Sounds like some pussy non-gimmick invader poo poo my dude.

Where's your poison notched whip or hollow drang hammers?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Is this the patch that's supposed to bring great performance increases that some articles spoke about?

which articles

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Glad Anita Sarkeesian tackles the issue of From Softwares oversexualization of the Dancer. A weak (compared to the PC who can murder her) female, classic trope. gently caress From Software.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Sounds like some pussy non-gimmick invader poo poo my dude.

Where's your poison notched whip or hollow drang hammers?

As long as he's running smough armor he's A-okay in my book.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've been doing some PvP for the first time ever in these games, and it's great fun. It's the best when you get an awesome 6 man fight club going with people hooting and hollering up on the balcony.

I'm a dirty bastard and using the heavy Dark Sword :madmax:

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Apr 25, 2016

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIxzYQ7nIw

Apparently poise is turned off either intentionally or unintentionally. You can hack a value to a 1 and make it work.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Kanos posted:

You can roll out after two hits from literally every weapon in the game. Straight swords are among the best PvP weapons because they're really good at securing hits due to their incredible speed, stamina efficiency, and versatile moveset, and those hits really loving hurt a lot because the best straight swords, Dark Sword and Anri's, have over 400 loving AR at +10 with softcap stats.

The difference is that if you go in for an r1 trade with a straightsword against an UGS in superarmor you just get straight 2 shot. Polearm users can still poke and space you fairly effectively while doing similar damage. I dunno, straight swords feels about the same as in DS2 except that you can win r1 trades against katanas now.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Kild posted:

which articles

There are articles leading up to release day claiming that 1.05 existed and gave 30% performance improvement, those same articles failed to realize that was patch 1.03 and it was already applied on launch day.

We've already had the big performance optimization day 1 patch, we won't be getting anymore.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Kild posted:

Apparently poise is turned off either intentionally or unintentionally. You can hack a value to a 1 and make it work.

Yet another souls game where poise does nothing for non-NPCs??

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Kild posted:

hmm this explains why not getting hit is so important over everything else

fix your game From

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Arrived at Hell, got shot once, decided 'gently caress it' and proceeded to dash for the Fog Door and kill the boss first try :smug:

Then I got out of the Boss' room and got sniped to death 3 times in a row.

How do I make it stop. :(

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Kanos posted:

I'm using a fully maxed broadsword and o can't believe how punishing it is, partnered with my stamina. it's great for PvP

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Enter the labyrinth

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

There are articles leading up to release day claiming that 1.05 existed and gave 30% performance improvement, those same articles failed to realize that was patch 1.03 and it was already applied on launch day.

We've already had the big performance optimization day 1 patch, we won't be getting anymore.

Oh, my bad then.

Kild posted:

No. loving. Way. :stare:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Fat Samurai posted:

Arrived at Hell, got shot once, decided 'gently caress it' and proceeded to dash for the Fog Door and kill the boss first try :smug:

Then I got out of the Boss' room and got sniped to death 3 times in a row.

How do I make it stop. :(

Leave the boss room, hug the left wall, and you'll soon see a path leading to an optional area with a bunch of loot and a way to stop the ballistae.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Wouldnt br surprised by that poise config lol, From Soft can be loving retarded sometimes (see: dark souls 2 pc Launch with VAC toggled on)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And also some loving arsehole enemies that give you virtually no souls.