Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

I believe this is interesting.

But is important? for some people, yes, if you are a lot into music, maybe you build music instruments, or you program music software. It can be important.
For other people, maybe not, maybe is not important.

My point is:

This zelda comic say "This people is unworthy, because their interest are <list of interest> and this people is worthy because <list of interest>". I belive different people have different interest, and what is important depend on the person. So gently caress you Zelda (for this one particular comic, others where nice).

dog tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Looking forward to the Kelly comic of Ailes at the Pearly Gates.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

It's customary to consider people who work to make others' lives better as being better than people who do things for themselves. That's the scale Zelda is rating on.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Samovar posted:

Wait, did...

...all right, for once I learned something good from the politoons thread first!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Stefu posted:

So, are we going to see Chris Cornell memorial cartoons? Black hole suns?
Sometimes I learn bad news from these threads.

Samovar posted:

Sometimes I learn great news.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

xthetenth posted:

It's customary to consider people who work to make others' lives better as being better than people who do things for themselves. That's the scale Zelda is rating on.

Yea, but watching football on TV is not doing sport. People with an interest in X, that all they do is read about X are not directly helping anybody.

Are we so shallow that clicking "I like" in a post about a person with cancer is "fighting cancer"?. And when a scientist in cancer research click "I like" in a videogame screenshot, is not "fighting cancer"? (obviusly, is not, neither is clicking the person with cancer photo).

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 18, 2017

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Zelda is Penny Arcade for European Feminists.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

3/5 Zelda is alright. Punchlines get lost sometimes I think, but the message is cool.

10/5 is how this thread derails for pages at a time every time Zelda gets posted.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

I hope the Spicer hiding in the bushes incident is taught to children when their US History classes cover the Trump impeachment.

:drat:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Can this be a thing IRL? Please?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sitting next to Obama are the corpses of Kennedy and Lincoln.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Third panel of Michelle dragging him home by the ear because the hell if she's letting him come back. :allears:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Can this be a thing IRL? Please?

At least Obama won't take part in it, Obama's a plainly good, upright, and polite guy.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

This cartoon does a really good job of making Trump look like a Disney villain

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

You're inferring a lot from my two-word post.

They could also be inferring something from your ten post in two minutes meltdown you had over the cartoon a few days ago.

e: oops, sorry, thought you were despera

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 18, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Excellent attention to detail putting him in the tan suit :allears:

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Boy I wish they'd fix that forums bug where I can't scroll past a Zelda comic until I read it in full and post my complaints.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Stefu posted:

So, are we going to see Chris Cornell memorial cartoons? Black hole suns?

Roger Ailes just died too. Who are they gonna chose?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Are any of the wingnuts going to go to bat for Roger Ailes? Even if you slurped up FOX's spew and don't worry yourself with serial sexual harassers, he was a singularly ugly sack of poo poo. Will Garrison draw him as a studly ubermensch?

As for Chris Cornell, even Soundgarden is too much KIDS THESE DAYS for the molded over ancient souls that draw conservative cartoons; my guess is the few liberal hacks that take note will throw up a Say hello to heaven reference.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Will Garrison draw him as a studly ubermensch?

He had a Muslim wife so no.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tei posted:

My point is:

This zelda comic say "This people is unworthy, because their interest are <list of interest> and this people is worthy because <list of interest>". I belive different people have different interest, and what is important depend on the person. So gently caress you Zelda (for this one particular comic, others where nice).

I think the point is this: "This group gets a lot of criticism even though they are interested in worthy things (and feminism is more worthy than gaming, I don't see how that is controversial) and this group doesn't even though they are interested in more trivial matters".

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

I identify as Gizmos.
e: and hell, any -freak, -nerd, -weirdo, -loser, -dweebo you can think of.

I personally identify as a neo-maxi zoom-dweebie

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

SoR Blaze posted:

I personally identify as a neo-maxi zoom-dweebie

Frank Zappa is that you?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

I identify as Gizmos.
e: and hell, any -freak, -nerd, -weirdo, -loser, -dweebo you can think of.

It was a hard one to translate. Directly translated it would "gizmo/gadget nerd" which didn't sound right.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Alhazred posted:

I think the point is this: "This group gets a lot of criticism even though they are interested in worthy things (and feminism is more worthy than gaming, I don't see how that is controversial) and this group doesn't even though they are interested in more trivial matters".

Gaming is not lest important than feminism.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 18, 2017

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Go on Tei. Feel the darkness.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

D.N. Nation posted:

As for Chris Cornell, even Soundgarden is too much KIDS THESE DAYS for the molded over ancient souls that draw conservative cartoons; my guess is the few liberal hacks that take note will throw up a Say hello to heaven reference.

So multiple NPR programs this morning talked about him or had his music on in the background, so its possible I guess?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Wake up sheeple.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Tei posted:

Gaming is not lest important than feminism.

Gaming is probably only more important than TV. Any other media is more likely to contain valuable threads of societal introspection.

Media at its best is how a society criticizes itself, but video games rarely ever rise to that standard. It's basically self-care, which has some value, but not a ton.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Alhazred posted:

It was a hard one to translate. Directly translated it would "gizmo/gadget nerd" which didn't sound right.

"Techie" is probably close, maybe? "Early adopters" is what I hear most of the time, but it doesn't work in a list like that.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Angepain posted:

where does music about geometry stand in your categorisations? Asking for a friend.

Depends on how much one likes Jonathan Coulton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES-yKOYaXq0

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Wake up sheeple.

Mr. Fish when he remembers that Barack Obama commuted Manning's sentence:

(I actually like this cartoon)

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

xthetenth posted:

Gaming is probably only more important than TV. Any other media is more likely to contain valuable threads of societal introspection.

Media at its best is how a society criticizes itself, but video games rarely ever rise to that standard. It's basically self-care, which has some value, but not a ton.

If you lose yourself, the place where you find you is important.

Videogames help autist people, they also give them something they can share with other kids. I love when people with problems open themselves to the world, and I have seen that happen with videogames.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I like the vidya games but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the movement which promotes egalitarianism among the sexes and fights discrimination against more than half of Earth's population is more important than my best pal, Link from Legend of Zelda.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tei posted:

If you lose yourself, the place where you find you is important.

Videogames help autist people, they also give them something they can share with other kids. I love when people with problems open themselves to the world, and I have seen that happen with videogames.

Feminism help women not being killed, horribly mutilated or otherwise traumatized.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

xthetenth posted:

media at its best is entertaining. thats all that really matters

well unless its like, news media, those are supposed to be informative

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
actually i'll have you know from my extensive research on the internet that the SJWs are using video games to subconsciously brainwash the world into respecting women to at least a bare minimum level so checkmate feminism, games win

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Angepain posted:

actually i'll have you know from my extensive research on the internet that the SJWs are using video games to subconsciously brainwash the world into respecting women to at least a bare minimum level so checkmate feminism, games win

I wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Angepain posted:

Also, Feminist SJWs are trying to destroy gaming.

Alhazred posted:

Feminism help women not being killed, horribly mutilated or otherwise traumatized.

Yeah but actually, if you really think about it, gaming does the same thing.

• Locked thread