Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's more that Far Cry has historically depicted cultures in hilarious broad and offensively cliche stereotypes, but I'm really curious to see that applied to 'muricans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Little did we do that The New Order was not held up by its gameplay, but by people using it to jerk off as they killed the Nazis.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Will the little girl become a reactionary right-wing militia member? Or a globalist agent of the new world order? Your choice will decide...

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can't wait to see what subtleties and nuances of American culture and politics France's Ubisoft will bring to the table.

This game is being made by many people of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
How long are ubisoft credits now? 2 hours?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

will the dumb rear end french people be able to do far cry america to the degree of realism the series demands and has upheld https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enb0zWbYUik

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Snak posted:

It's more that Far Cry has historically depicted cultures in hilarious broad and offensively cliche stereotypes, but I'm really curious to see that applied to 'muricans.

You should read Tintin in America. It taught young me all I needed to know about the US of A.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
Not sure why everyones talking about cultural sensitivity and white genocide. It clearly seems like its going to just be a cartoony version of Waco or an exaggerated version of what happened with those bundy hicks a few years ago. I don't think there's going to be any deep subtext and underlying themes about white Americans or American society as a whole. This ain't GTA.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Honestly I'm pretty stoked for the premise because it's just so fresh, and it's also a rather shrewd way to ensure game journalists who fancy themselves political pundits (most of them) talk nonstop about it from now until release and probably collectively boost the meta score by 5-10 points.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
America can get hosed FC5 when?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can't wait to see what subtleties and nuances of American culture and politics France's Ubisoft will bring to the table.

Far Cry is made in Canada, not France, like most Ubisoft stuff.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Far Cry is made in Canada, not France, like most Ubisoft stuff.

Excuse me, have you not heard of French-Canada? :rolleyes:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Those uncultured French know nothing of America.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

bloodysabbath posted:

Honestly I'm pretty stoked for the premise because it's just so fresh, and it's also a rather shrewd way to ensure game journalists who fancy themselves political pundits (most of them) talk nonstop about it from now until release and probably collectively boost the meta score by 5-10 points.

fresh premise, unfresh gameplay

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ubi games design starts and ends at premise

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Collect ten holy crosses to unlock ammo pouch 3

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Yes Far Cry is formulaic but I actually like that formula. Throw in Internet racists filling their diapers already and you better believe I'm pre-ordering this ($48 with Prime, right?)

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's going to be bland af about it just like the division and everything else ubi makes

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

Nioh has mechanics out the rear end and they are very solid at it's core, but it doesn't use them in any sort of balanced or interesting way. There is just more of them. It's not like the enemies do anything that interesting to make it feel like it has more depth. Bloodborne is a better game in every conceivable way, even if you don't take into account that Nioh is just a wholesale ripoff of a Fromsoft game wrapped in some junky JRPG trappings.

Do you think every single shooter is a "wholesale ripoff" of some other shooter? Because shooters tend to have a fuckton more in common with one another than nioh does to bloodborne, but no one runs in to defend doom's sanctity like they do with from software games.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Sure, but complaining it's a "wholesale rip-off" coupled with his previous need to run in and endlessly whinge about people enjoying the game is getting pretty tiring tbh.

Not what I did. Saying that third person games can't be compared is the lamest poo poo I have heard in a while. Well next to the development thing which is a totally dishonest point.

I play games and sometimes I like them them but have problems with them and add that to the conversation. reasonable criticism of a game doesn't mean I have a vendetta against it or am angry that someone else thinks it's great.

Sorry you can't accept that there is a middle ground between slobbering all over a game and railing against it.

Also "Whinge" lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It's more that you get shitfaced and rush in to whine about things you don't actually know anything about.

I remember when you went on one of your little tears on some game or another because you didn't know there was a Walk button.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

lets hang out posted:

It's going to be bland af about it just like the division and everything else ubi makes

lol at people pointing out that Ubisoft is bland like that's not their very intentional strategy for selling a million bazillion games every year.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I don't think it's a controversial statement at all to say that Nioh is very heavily inspired by Soulsborne games

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

exquisite tea posted:

lol at people pointing out that Ubisoft is bland like that's not their very intentional strategy for selling a million bazillion games every year.
Yeah I think their goal is to make a game just good enough for everyone to buy but not good enough for everyone to rave about, since every time someone loves a game that means someone else hates it.

edit: I bet the cult hired a bunch of mercenaries to protect them. Mercenaries are the ultimate generic video game enemy; the player won't have any feelings about them one way or another, except maybe in Metal Gear Rising.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 25, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Snak posted:

Yeah I didn't want to play this setting. But now I get to see real mainstream headlines. Fox news is 100% going to cover this "Christian hunting" game. And I cant wait.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

It's more that you get shitfaced and rush in to whine about things you don't actually know anything about.

I remember when you went on one of your little tears on some game or another because you didn't know there was a Walk button.

What the hell are you talking about?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It's fine that you don't remember. You were probably drunk.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

It would be cool if they made cooler games so i had more cool games to play

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Real hurthling! posted:

It would be cool if they made cooler games so i had more cool games to play

They make what most people outside of the Something Awful forums consider to be cool games to play. Ghost Recon: Wildlands and For Honor are the #1 and #2 best-selling games of 2017 so far in the US.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

It's fine that you don't remember. You were probably drunk.

lol it's not entirely impossible

99% of the poo poo I say is right though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

They make what most people outside of the Something Awful forums consider to be cool games to play. Ghost Recon: Wildlands and For Honor are the #1 and #2 best-selling games of 2017 so far in the US.

Why should anyone care about what other people like to play?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Andrast posted:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah, so it's going to be aggressively toothless and there's going to be zero outrage for goons to cackle about because the millions of people who buy every game with guns and tv ads don't give a gently caress

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I don't think it's a controversial statement at all to say that Nioh is very heavily inspired by Soulsborne games

In part because is a very different phrase than "wholesale ripoff."

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

lets hang out posted:

Yeah, so it's going to be aggressively toothless and there's going to be zero outrage for goons to cackle about because the millions of people who buy every game with guns and tv ads don't give a gently caress

We can always hope it's unintentionally hilarious like FC3 was in making Jason such an unlikeable poverty tourist shithead.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Andrast posted:

For some reason they do. See all the whining about how certain games didn't get the review that they wanted it to have.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
everybody quit whinging

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
and play some video games 😎

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fridge corn posted:

and play some video games 😎