Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

They're a singular, monolithic item sold by NPCs. Can't build them

Oh another ISK sink great. gently caress off CCP!

Is there any kind of lore justification? Oh jeez upwell just forgot how to make good structures, we're so dumb :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Libluini posted:

So, apparently CCP went "gently caress Wormholes!" in their newest attempt to stop structure spam, and accidentally? made it so the new "Quantom Cores" you soon will need to online your Upwell-structures are too large to fit in many wormholes. Which obviously made a lot of wormholers sad, since the day in early 2021 when even the older structures will be forced to use cores, will also be the last day they'll even have those structures.

I'm not entirely up to date on my wormhole-lore to understand how people got Fortizars and Keepstars into wormhole-systems not even capable of getting 250k m³ through, but OK. At the very least it'll be impossible in the future to anchor more of them, and without further changes the current plan means they'll be cleared out.

Also small corps already having trouble financing their Upwell-structures are basically told to go join larger alliances, or struggle harder. (Sometimes it looks like the devs have a fetish for torturing the small guys.)

You haul compressed ore into the hole in DSTs or Orcas, and cook the keepstar and freighter within the hole. This doesn't actually affect very many people, the only low class keepstar I know of is Goryn Clade's, since Inner Hell binned theirs a while back. The majority of low class WH groups just have an Astrahus and maybe a Raitaru so the hauling is not really a problem.

What is an issue is that this paints a target on the back of every small WH corp. At the moment WH evictions strongly favour the attacker - they do their research ahead of time to know how big a force they need, they seed the hole if necessary during off-peak hours, and they establish hole control before they even start to ref the first structure. By the time the defender is notified, it's usually too late. You need to get hole control back in order to bring any outside reinforcements in, so if you're not big enough to that you are dead.

This means small corp WH survival is based around making sure the eviction is not worth it in the first place. As long as your members are active you can dump all of your assets into a freighter and safelog it, self destruct whatever's left over, and the attackers leave with practically nothing after a week's worth of hole control. So most evictions are done against corps that are either inactive, or have had at least some member churn. The attackers are looking for structures where people have gone inactive and left valuable stuff in there because that's what drops at the end of the day. Corps with a lot of member churn even tend to periodically unanchor their structures and replace them so they can filter out the loot from inactive folk You wouldn't evict a corp that has only been in for a month because you probably get nothing from it. Now you will still probably get very little loot, but you're guaranteed to at least get the Q-core. So you may as well evict even a recently established corp, since you're guaranteed a core and at least have a chance of getting other stuff. The core itself isn't worth it but it does raise the floor on the rewards the attackers get.

As for high sec, I don't think there's much problem here. There doesn't need to be 5 citadels in every single system. Small groups can just share the citadels a bit more, or make mutual defence agreements with each other in case of a wardec. Structure bashing with subcaps only is a pain in the rear end so I think attackers will be banking on being able to just bring 5 Ravens or whatever and assume the defenders don't show. And if you're not prepared to fight back against 5 Ravens you probably shouldn't have a citadel.

And I say all this as someone in a small WH corp who expects to get evicted around February or March after the first wave of un-cored structures are taken down. We don't have a KS so I don't have the answer there even though I think low class KS might just get converted to faction forts (I have no idea how bad the impact of this would be on Goryn Clade though). I would like some changes to give eviction defenders more defensive options to encourage fighting but everyone in WH space wants that anyway even before this change. If it reduces structure spam overall I don't have a problem.

e: and yeah CCP forgot about WHs completely in this, but that's 100% normal for Eve changes anyway and nobody on the CSM cares about WHs any more either.

Scikar fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 2, 2020

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

iospace posted:

So, here's what it exactly removes:

Any large structure in C1 space.
Any XL structure in C1-C4 space.

C1s can't fit Orcas from the outside, and C2-C4s can't fit freighters

Wait, you can't fit an Orca in a C1? When did that happen?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Wait, you can't fit an Orca in a C1? When did that happen?

C1 holes only allow medium and smaller ships. Orcas are large.

E: to clarify, you can build Orcas and even caps in C1s, but the actual exit hole only allows medium and smaller.

iospace fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 2, 2020

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

Sadly ccp has decided this one good aspect of the change will be changed.

Wait, ha ha, CCP already changed course on the wormhole stuff? I've just read on the original core changes this morning, that's some fast turnaround. Looks like they really did gently caress up and are now in damage control mode. :lol:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Libluini posted:

Wait, ha ha, CCP already changed course on the wormhole stuff? I've just read on the original core changes this morning, that's some fast turnaround. Looks like they really did gently caress up and are now in damage control mode. :lol:

yeah ccp rise posted on reddit "Well that's a big whoopsie - we'll figure something out."

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

evilweasel posted:

yeah ccp rise posted on reddit "Well that's a big whoopsie - we'll figure something out."

So the fix will be seeding BPOs but the material cost will be 25% more than NPC price for Core?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

So the fix will be seeding BPOs but the material cost will be 25% more than NPC price for Core?

the obvious fix is just making them not so obnoxiously huge

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

They can't make them player buildable and able to be sold to NPC buy orders at the same time. We just talked about how Forex made that bad earlier in the thread.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Yep, looks like it will just be a size change for the KS core.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

i think i might hit triple digits of drones lost before i stop forgetting to return before i warp

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The line "Don't forget, there are losses on the Attacaker's side as well..." read to me like Trump's "There are good people on both sides" after the Charlottesville demonstrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
If not having a core just disables repair, tethering and fitting, that would be annoying, but not really that bad from the viewpoint of industrialists in areas with lots of NPC-stations (Low, High). I mean if all the other services still work, why not forego the core and paint some sort of negative target on your back? (I mean, clearly attackers will prioritize structures with cores to hit first, right?)

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Libluini posted:

If not having a core just disables repair, tethering and fitting, that would be annoying, but not really that bad from the viewpoint of industrialists in areas with lots of NPC-stations (Low, High). I mean if all the other services still work, why not forego the core and paint some sort of negative target on your back? (I mean, clearly attackers will prioritize structures with cores to hit first, right?)

That's only existing ones. If you anchor a new structure after 13th October it won't start the onlining timer until you add a core.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

dialhforhero posted:

I have about 50b in assets (ships, fittings, minerals, materials, etc) I don’t want anymore sitting in 1DQ who wants it? (For ISK of course)

poo poo you collect after 13 years.

Just want to retire into my capitals and die a glorious death IRL and in game.

Can I just, have it? I promise to squander it until I too grow old and bitter.

I can't even begin to imagine how many interceptors this much wealth would allow me to throw at other space nerds, but I promise that for every 1b you give me, i'll make someone else lose 2b.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I've been flying around Khanid looking for fellow movie fans in local and came across this dude with a trio of Ishtars docking up. He was very hateful to me in local while I AFK'd in the system for no reason for 2 hours.

Is this normal behavior in this game? I don't feel like nasty language has a place online.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

dialhforhero posted:

I have about 50b in assets (ships, fittings, minerals, materials, etc) I don’t want anymore sitting in 1DQ who wants it? (For ISK of course)

poo poo you collect after 13 years.

Just want to retire into my capitals and die a glorious death IRL and in game.

You can contract anything you don't care about or can't sell to Anna L'Bour.

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I've been flying around Khanid looking for fellow movie fans in local and came across this dude with a trio of Ishtars docking up. He was very hateful to me in local while I AFK'd in the system for no reason for 2 hours.

Is this normal behavior in this game? I don't feel like nasty language has a place online.

:stare:

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Is there supposed to be an image attached to this?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Ajaxify posted:

Is there supposed to be an image attached to this?

Yes.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I got to be on a Nyx kill last night. It was very fun to kill a ship that drops ships as loot and costs like $400, especially as revenge for the Rorqual friend he had just killed.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sometimes people are just rude. One time a member of our FW militia killed me because I didn't want to vacate "his" plex. Me and my tiny T1-frigate was like "oh neat, a trusted ally! now we can defeat the enemy scourge together!", and then the insults and threats came out.

I put myself on orbit around his Ishtar and weighted my options. Apparently I took too long, because he put his drones on me. I shot back, and then his drones vaporized my frig. He was very rude!

Wait, maybe it's only Ishtar-pilots that are like this?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

evilweasel posted:

They are so immense a grid wall is virtually never encountered anymore.

i was on an op to defend a ihub a few weeks back and it was super weird to watch allied ships disappear into an invisible wall

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The friend I got re-addicted to eve is now top 5 on kills in goonwaffe lol.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I name my ships after football (soccer...) players - Someone in my corp advised me to name them so people wouldn't immediately know what I'm flying so I just did it. I used football players as I have a system of different positions for different ship type (attacking players for attacking ships and so on)

The thought of selling things and someone receiving those names hadn't occurred to me but now I want to start manufacturing ships and naming them to see if I spot them out in the wild :D

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I like it when people set their ship name to the POS password by mistake.

Wait, POS passwords aren't a thing anymore, crap

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
The only ship I put even 1 sec of effort into the name, was for my salvager which I called Eureka Maru because it's a bucket of bolts. If you don't understand this reference, I am sad for you.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

angry armadillo posted:

I name my ships after football (soccer...) players - Someone in my corp advised me to name them so people wouldn't immediately know what I'm flying so I just did it. I used football players as I have a system of different positions for different ship type (attacking players for attacking ships and so on)

The thought of selling things and someone receiving those names hadn't occurred to me but now I want to start manufacturing ships and naming them to see if I spot them out in the wild :D

That's a dumb reason. The ship type/name shows on dscan clearly.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

ASAPI posted:

That's a dumb reason. The ship type/name shows on dscan clearly.

Tbh I was told the same thing years ago... somethin something takes em a few extra sec to make the link or some other bs

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

It's not for the ship type, it's so they can't immediately see which pilot is in which ship just from dscan.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

how long do those invasions take place, i logged in some 0.5 system and now its filled with alien murder death and i dont have a tank setup on my ONI so dont wanna risk getting ripped

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

esto es malo posted:

how long do those invasions take place, i logged in some 0.5 system and now its filled with alien murder death and i dont have a tank setup on my ONI so dont wanna risk getting ripped

Could you please be more specific about which system?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Otela in the Forge

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

esto es malo posted:

Considering every single invasion on our server seems to turn out a resounding victory for the Triggles, forever. Have fun!

(All EDENCOM-fortress systems are apparently coming over from synching with the Chinese server. In case you ever wondered why Bulwark-systems are never seem to be around. On our side of the server, everyone is joining the evil side, basically.)

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I live near 2 triangle men systems and I seem to frequently find piles of wrecks worth 30mil ISK.

I have no beef with the triangle men.

Except for the one time I tried to ninja salvage before a fight had finished. That caused the triangle men to lock onto my ship from 1000km away and attempt in vain to shoot me. If I left it along I think they would have carried on heading for the Republic fleet and created more loot for me to scoop up :(

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

welp, i guess ill log back in after a few days, no armor plates or hardeners at this station

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I once renamed every ship in the EG deployment cache to MY COCK RAGES ON .

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

angry armadillo posted:

I live near 2 triangle men systems and I seem to frequently find piles of wrecks worth 30mil ISK.

I have no beef with the triangle men.

Except for the one time I tried to ninja salvage before a fight had finished. That caused the triangle men to lock onto my ship from 1000km away and attempt in vain to shoot me. If I left it along I think they would have carried on heading for the Republic fleet and created more loot for me to scoop up :(

What's a good ninja salvage setup/ship?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Libluini posted:

Considering every single invasion on our server seems to turn out a resounding victory for the Triggles, forever. Have fun!

(All EDENCOM-fortress systems are apparently coming over from synching with the Chinese server. In case you ever wondered why Bulwark-systems are never seem to be around. On our side of the server, everyone is joining the evil side, basically.)

since this is the case, should i then work on standing to be neutral to the invasions or will this also gently caress me somehow?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

esto es malo posted:

since this is the case, should i then work on standing to be neutral to the invasions or will this also gently caress me somehow?

no idea, I think CCP at one point mentioned they removed the neutrality-thing? maybe?

me, I went full spite after those little triangles shot me

so I spend some time helping other players shooting them, with one of their own ships for extra spite

now they hate me forever :v:

(some groups were nice enough to leave a bunch of abandoned wrecks and loot, so I made a little bit of money on the side, apparently they took pity around the second time my Vedmak nearly melted)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Roller Coast Guard posted:

I once renamed every ship in the EG deployment cache to MY COCK RAGES ON .

Isn't there some dumb obscenity rule CCP will slap you for with ship names?