Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

a a sa'angreal huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ok, quote this post by midnight Christmas EST if you want this gangtag added to your profile:

Few rules:

if you already have three gangtags you'll have to ask me to wipe one of them to replace it with this one
the gangtag will link back to this thread
Some people have grandfathered code in their profiles, no guarantees if you're one of those but I'll try to avoid loving it up

I’m tugging so hard!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

should've made it a little fat man imo

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

SerSpook posted:

should've made it a little fat man imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AES SEDAI SYMBOL CONFIRMED AAAA

Cryte Lynn
Jul 25, 2005
Now serving pwncakes at the Roflhouse

Ok, quote this post by midnight Christmas EST if you want this gangtag added to your profile:

Few rules:

if you already have three gangtags you'll have to ask me to wipe one of them to replace it with this one
Some people have grandfathered code in their profiles, no guarantees if you're one of those but I'll try to avoid loving it up

:emptyquote:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

lol owned

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Legit LOL at Loial “I’m standing…” :allears:

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Few rules:

yes please

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Holy loving poo poo they're loving doing it

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

lol that's a place to keep the horn i guess

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

if that wasn't balefire i can only i imagine what the actual effect will be

the way the sfx cut out and it kinda broke half the screen and melted him away sure was similar -- though definitely not a bar or beam

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

padan fain loving owns

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

man that lady has a heck of a skin condition there

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Season climax is Rand being a positive male ally standing up for a woman's right to agency I loving loves it I do

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol this amalisa wasn't a darkfriend but might as well have been, in terms of effectiveness

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

lol owned

lol owned again

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

I can't watch it until tonight. Anyone want to spoil if they made big changes?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

they better not do my boy mat dirty and make him a filthy darkfriend

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
loving hell this thing has gone off the loving rails :stare:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

oh poo poo wonder if moiraine letting rand go is going to give us his TDR fugue trek down to tear

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

That was great! I particularly loved all the Ishmael stuff. I'm a bit sad that all the Trollocs were CGI, but I remember hearing that due to COVID restrictions the last two episodes couldn't have actual Trolloc actors.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WHAT THE gently caress HE STILLED MOIRAINE WHAT

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Rarity posted:

imo it's just gonna be some plot device, she doesn't know that you can tie off a shield or some junk

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i'm still salty about parts of that cold open, otherwise a really good episode imo

i really hope we get more age of legends stuff, if only to actually show the war of power stuff and provide context to lews therin's decision

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

It looked like he tied off a shield to me. Always pictured Rands angreal as a little Buddha. Bummed we didn’t see the breaking, but oh well.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Rarity posted:

i mean to be honest given the fact that she's literally absent for a huge chunk of the series one could probably draw a line between her being stilled and her being just as irrelevant to events because of it. also i guess nynaeve will probably heal it later. maybe!

eke out posted:

imo it's just gonna be some plot device, she doesn't know that you can tie off a shield or some junk

yeah there's that, too. it looked like a shield was closing around her for a moment and there was basically nothing further like there was with logain. she probably got a shield tied off on her, is my possible guess.

Weltnarok
Dec 27, 2009

Few rules:

Hell if you could remove the one I have now while you're in there, that'd be sick.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

eke out posted:

Nah, I think she is stilled, and this is done to leave Moiraine in an advisory role and let the main cast start shining next season.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

eke out posted:

That's possible. He cut her weaves and they rebounded into her based on her reaction. And then we saw a shield go over her but the blades didn't cut her off.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

as much as i want the EOTW prologue i can understand why they didn't show it, it'd ruin any suspense about meeting Ishamael if only 20 minutes ago we saw him in full villain mode monologuing to Lews Therin

the way it was shot prominently featuring his baby children and having rand explicitly ask about killing the ones you love makes me think we're definitely getting it next season, they laid pretty clear groundwork

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Few rules:

Woo sign me up!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Underwhelmed and mildly confused at the changes is the best way for me to sum up this finale.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

This is....... disappointing to say the least.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Underwhelmed and mildly confused at the changes is the best way for me to sum up this finale.

Same. This actually drained some of my goodwill. I’ll still watch next season, but I’m a lot less hype than I was a couple episodes ago.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Loved it, dug the changes, have no clue how they get from here to TGH's story but hey that's not my job to figure out.

Tarwin's Gap was ok, a bit underwhelming to what it could have been but it's season 1 and when you compare that GoT's season 1 battles its light years in front so they can only get better from here

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

in the extras rafe and pike very carefully don't say anything to confirm what exactly happened to moiraine except that she apparently is cut off, and that they want moiraine to have a cool plot in season two unlike book two

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
wtf Loial

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i actually hate that cold open the more i watch it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Few rules:

Here for the gang tag