Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
What does the impending Brexit mean for CIG?

:britain:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Regardless of what poo poo happens in the world, they want it included in Star Citzen. It's truly hard to believe.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

Chalks posted:

Boris Johnson prime minister, Donald Drumpf US president, lets all die in an atomic war.

You might as well add....
oh crap i cannot think it worse

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

RattiRatto posted:

You might as well add....
oh crap i cannot think it worse

Could be worse, you could be forced to play star citizen

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

After financially ruining countless backers, the VP of Marketing sets her sight on the world economy...

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

it is good to wait for Star Citizen in Miller's Planet

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Now that Britain is leaving the EU, are British citizens going to be able to receive refunds, as they will not be protected by EU customer protection laws?

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
drat, been a while since i followed the thread in games. d_smart a mod, and has his own loving subforum. rock on

someone fill me in please: is the game out yet? 2 weeks?

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Klyith posted:

I-War 2 is currently cheaper than a king-size candy bar! It's a lot like Star Citizen, in that it has:
1. FMV cutscenes that are positively :gary: in their quality and acting performance.
2. Fidelitous newtonian flight physics.

But unlike Star Citizen, it has:
1. A very fun SP campaign.
2. Good joystick & keyboard controls + a very functional UI that makes a game that's more complex than the average space sim very approachable.
3. A semi-open world that was ahead of it's time and is still ahead of Star Citizen by miles.

And finally, you can steal a crate of antimatter from an NPC cargo ship, throw it at the cops' station, and blow it up in an explosion so big it might make your computer crash*. gently caress the police.

*not guaranteed to cause a crash, the computers of today are probably a lot better at massive explosions than mine was in '02

Sandi doesn't like cats.

This thread runs on cats.

It's all connected. :beck:

I am sure she doesnt like bald pussies either.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Preechr posted:

Now that Britain is leaving the EU, are British citizens going to be able to receive refunds, as they will not be protected by EU customer protection laws?

Itll be at least two years before the UK officially leaves the EU and there is a possibility people will see the shitshow theyve caused and turn back from it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Itll be at least two years before the UK officially leaves the EU

In addition to that, the UK would then need to change UK law to something other than those created in response to the EU consumer directives etc.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Now let's all look forward to two years of negotiations about leaving the EU, in which neither party actually wants the UK to leave. And no, Boris doesn't really want it either.

It will all end with an "offer" that's so unfavorable to the brits that they'll probably have to hold another referendum on it which will be voted down, and people will welcome the new status quo with unmixed resentment. Whining about how politicians failed to negotiate the exit will be a new favorite British pastime

I wish I could say the pigfucker's humiliation sweetens the shitcake, but it doesn't do the job for me. gently caress you Cameron you bloody moron.

Can someone explain this nonsense to an American who doesn't care?

Should I care? :(

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Preechr posted:

Just like with everything else to do with this stupid decision, it's a complete loving mystery that 52% of our population thinks can be solved with positive thinking and hand waving.

ZenMaster posted:

Can someone explain this nonsense to an American who doesn't care?

Should I care? :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

Chalks fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 24, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Although it would be funny and and not unlike CIG to attempt to stop refunds because of the none binding referendum

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
there's a gbs brexit thread you know...

*posts cat pic*

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Chalks posted:

Just like with everything else to do with this stupid decision, it's a complete loving mystery that 52% of our population thinks can be solved with positive thinking and hand waving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

Sorry England, looks like America isn't the only messed up country now. :(

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Someone summarize the past 3500 posts please.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Chocobo posted:

Star Citizen bad

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Chocobo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqRgt-3ywDI

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

ZenMaster posted:

Sorry England, looks like America isn't the only messed up country now. :(

To be fair most of the disruption and slumping in the stocks etc is down to people panicking and losing their poo poo, give it six months and people will hardly notice any difference as business' adjust and properly plan things around an exit, it's still two years before there's actually any change to anything so Brexit hasn't directly affected anything. It's all down to morons spazing out over their pensions and business' spazing out over supply that hasn't actually been affected yet.

I fully expect our current government to completely screw the country so that 'we the people' have to work bloody hard to straighten it back out, in the meantime I'm busy pissing myself with laughter at the kneejerk reactions of the unprepared and ill equipped. Seems I'm one of the few who planned for this day a very long time ago (early 2000).

Could be worse though, could be logging into the PU to see how shite that is too. :D

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Jesus christ. Can anything happen in their lives and them not think about Star Citizen or Derek Smart.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Decrepus posted:

Jesus christ. Can anything happen in their lives and them not think about Star Citizen or Derek Smart.

World War 3 - how will this affect Star Citizen?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Decrepus posted:

You heard it here first: Derek Smart caused the BRexit. He didn't.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Decrepus posted:

Even on their deathbed, the last thought they have will be of their Jpegs. :doh:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

Two developers have submitted a motion of no confidence in Cloud Imperium Games Chairman, Chris Roberts.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Chocobo posted:

Britain is now Star Citizen.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrOPptnHgN8&t=191s

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Samizdata posted:

CRAP! I can't remember that ONE video on YouTube with that magician that does THAT trick with the black guy and his friends. You know THAT one (that would be somewhat applicable to this comment)!

Mindjack!
https://youtu.be/FSu-Y4I09eo

SurfaceDetail fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jun 24, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
That was amazing, the end of Star Citizen should be streamed live and I hope everyone is on drugs.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I've a small portable external hard drive on my desk and I'm thinking of asking it questions right now.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

AP posted:

I've a small portable external hard drive on my desk and I'm thinking of asking it questions right now.

Can it tell when Star Citizen will be released?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Can it tell when Star Citizen will be released?

Some whirring, it's building up, oh it's changed, it's more of a mechanical chuckle now, it doesn't seem to be stopping.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fargin Icehole posted:

gently caress CATTES.

Let's not get caught up in the moment and say things we later regret.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
I feel like Brexit is the result of someone wishing on a monkey's paw for Cameron to resign.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I think I just experienced a feeling of European patriotism, if so it was the first time

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Palisader posted:

I feel like Brexit is the result of someone wishing on a monkey's paw for Cameron to resign.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Palisader posted:

More people should watch Adventure Time on this subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYQZZzuHTQE

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
It's occurred to me, maybe Citizens have been intentionally T-posing all along while pretending to be a spaceship.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

AP posted:

It's occurred to me, maybe Citizens have been intentionally T-posing all along while pretending to be a spaceship.

I'm pretending to be a spaceship right now. Brrrrrrrrrroooooom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sperglord posted:

I wanted to add some art substantiating my claim that CIG has declined in art quality.

Here is a light bomber concept art:

Those winglets look like they've melted.
Or like bomber's skeleton was replaced with liquid metal.

• Locked thread