Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

:toot: wasn't everyone just talking about how badass a pickup one of those would be for that Soldano tone at a great price. For 400 bucks that's nuts.

e: lol this item doesn't ship to Canada, but Brazil? Peru? Trinidad and Tobago? No problem!

nrr fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

nrr posted:

:toot: wasn't everyone just talking about how badass a pickup one of those would be for that Soldano tone at a great price. For 400 bucks that's nuts.

e: lol this item doesn't ship to Canada, but Brazil? Peru? Trinidad and Tobago? No problem!
Yup, they're solid amps with GREAT tone, my first introduction to them was a random guy bringing one along to sit in at practice, utterly kicked all sorts of rear end.

Incidentally, I posted a JCA22H in the Gear Trades thread if anyone's interested.

RetardedRobots
Dec 19, 2010

Have you seen this man?
Melon "Weed" Dude 1936 - 2011
Rest in peace, you shitposting bastard.

nrr posted:

Distributorship deals, exclusivity rights and whatnot. I'm sure the Canadian dealers can sell to Brazil, Peru and Trinidad as well.

Also, MF is loving you around price-wise. Regular price $699.99? Get hosed.

Here. After shipping and brokerage fees, same price. Not a sale or 'stupid deal of the day'.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

ML can be a dick to non-US customers for sure and I probably wouldn't even be ordering from them but I got a drat fine deal and I can't argue with :10bux:

Also I bought this amp largely based on iohstream going to bat for it so I expect dope things

RetardedRobots
Dec 19, 2010

Have you seen this man?
Melon "Weed" Dude 1936 - 2011
Rest in peace, you shitposting bastard.
Just don't think it's a $700 amp.

Jet City's North American distributor is "Starin Marketing". http://starin.biz/marketing/images/JetCity-JCA5012C-NewMAP-11-5-2013.pdf $399 MAP.

$350 is still a good deal and that Jet City stuff is worth every penny and then some (and in reality, if the name was better known, those are easily $700 amps, maybe more). But you could probably get that deal any day of the week ;) .

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Declan MacManus posted:

Also I bought this amp largely based on iohstream going to bat for it so I expect dope things
Oh God.

Hey, you'll be thrilled, my Hello Kitty Strat sounds SO much better through it than it did my Gorilla...

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

F/X AND MIDI programmable channel switching for amps.

This is AWESOME, 2u, holds an 11R, slot for a laptop with a strap to secure it, cable slot to pass through even with the lid on. Totally dig it and it's much needed.

iostream.h fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 21, 2014

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Got an Agreed signature pick. (and a free Switchblade)

Went home. Got my old Ovation 'Glen Campbell' style dreadnaught out. Strummed a few chords.

It makes a difference. As in 'this might get loud'.

Warcabbit fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 22, 2014

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Just got my APC40 set up, so I can pretend I have a more or less complete setup.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

HollisBrown posted:

If you'd been following the ugly guitars thread in GBS you'd know to ignore Dr Faustus. For real, that thread would have been really cool and funny without his input, it was funny for a bit when he had a 3 page meltdown, but then he made it unfunny again.

Dude, Jesus, I'm sorry.

It was holiday break and certain posters just went to town on my guitars. If you disagree with my opinions on guitars or hate my music, that's cool. I was just playing along on GBS 2.1 rules. It wasn't that serious and you'll notice when the holidays were over and I had to go back to work I backed out.

It's a stupid loving thread and I don't apologize for a single post I made there, ok?

All they do in GBS now is poo poo all over everything.

Sorry again that it bothered you.

[edit]
After sleeping on it, I'd like to add two things:
1) Yes, I expressed a little skepticism about huge expensive picks; but in the same paragraph I affirmed that since there's an Agreed-designed pick out there, I am going to order one and give it a shot. I didn't poo poo on pick-chat or diss anyone.
2) I love this thread and I love ML in general. You've never seen me post off-topic here or mistreat anyone in this forum or this thread. This one thread is one of my first destinations when I come to SA to lurk and occasionally post. I'm not the guy who suggested moving pedal chat or pick chat or anything else to another thread, nor am I at all bothered by ay discussion that goes on in here. I come here for everything this thread has to offer and I have no interest in making waves.

To that point, please direct anything you feel you need to say to me to PMs.

We now return to new gear pics and anything and everything else you folks deem appropriate, and cheers to the pointy guitar crew.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 22, 2014

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Oh, hey there.

How you doing, cutie?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Juaguocio posted:

Oh, hey there.

How you doing, cutie?

Is that a streamliner? How do you like it?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Yep, Streamliner 900. I don't have my good bass on hand right now, but even with my crappy SX, it sounds fantastic through the Baer.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Dr. Faustus posted:

Dude, Jesus, I'm sorry.

It was holiday break and certain posters just went to town on my guitars. If you disagree with my opinions on guitars or hate my music, that's cool. I was just playing along on GBS 2.1 rules. It wasn't that serious and you'll notice when the holidays were over and I had to go back to work I backed out.

It's a stupid loving thread and I don't apologize for a single post I made there, ok?

All they do in GBS now is poo poo all over everything.

Sorry again that it bothered you.

[edit]
After sleeping on it, I'd like to add two things:
1) Yes, I expressed a little skepticism about huge expensive picks; but in the same paragraph I affirmed that since there's an Agreed-designed pick out there, I am going to order one and give it a shot. I didn't poo poo on pick-chat or diss anyone.
2) I love this thread and I love ML in general. You've never seen me post off-topic here or mistreat anyone in this forum or this thread. This one thread is one of my first destinations when I come to SA to lurk and occasionally post. I'm not the guy who suggested moving pedal chat or pick chat or anything else to another thread, nor am I at all bothered by ay discussion that goes on in here. I come here for everything this thread has to offer and I have no interest in making waves.

To that point, please direct anything you feel you need to say to me to PMs.

We now return to new gear pics and anything and everything else you folks deem appropriate, and cheers to the pointy guitar crew.

Someone posted a picture of my busted-rear end telecaster in that thread and some nerd was all like "see that wood stain? that's sweat. that guitar probably smells so bad." I laughed so loving hard when I read that. That dude was out to lunch, but whatever, that's fine, the trick is to not give a gently caress. You gave a gently caress. You gave lots of fucks. Lots of aspergery autistic fucks, and it only made them latch their fangs onto you harder. Honest chat, I think you need to maybe relax about the whole "people making fun of my guitars" thing and reevaluate the important things in life. I don't have a problem with what you do, and I'm sure most of those people wouldn't give two fucks about it in reality anyway, so there's no reason have a problem with a bunch of random GBS shitposters having adverse reactions to what you do because as soon as you have a problem with it, it makes you seem like you're insecure about what you do. You gotta play that poo poo cool man. I do a bunch of weird poo poo with my guitars that a lot of other guitarists look at with disdain, but as long as you know you're better than them, you can basically deflect all of those insults with your inner middle finger and move on with life. Anyway peace it's been real. :shobon:

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
This has been a good week!
TODAY I purchased a relic off of a workmate, a 70's 2x15 by Road (USA) fridge, and goddamn does it push some air...
Here it is pictured with my other recent acquirement: A late 70's Peavey 400 Series Bass head, given to me by my new housemate and old friend who 'knew it was going to a good place'... Bart, you're a beautiful man.

On top is my standard head, a simple little Ashdown MAG300 EVO, a smashing amp for the price, pure gold!
Hidden to the bottom left is an old Laney 4x10 which needs some work, but I got it for $80 a while back, so no biggy.

Bonus picture: Another recent purchase being given a run through in the studio:

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jan 23, 2014

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Juaguocio posted:

Yep, Streamliner 900. I don't have my good bass on hand right now, but even with my crappy SX, it sounds fantastic through the Baer.

Ugh, I want a streamliner so bad...

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Lack of pix so I will post up my current rig.

78 V4 - 09 Emperor 610 - 72(?)Aria SG Knock off - 76(?)Aria EB3 Knock off.

Got the matching guitars cause the project I am in, I am going to probably switch off depending on the set/song. Also because I am a loving nerd.

Smash it Smash hit fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 24, 2014

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Smash it Smash hit posted:

Lack of pix so I will post up my current rig.

78 V4 - 09 Emperor 610 - 72(?)Aria SG Knock off - 76(?)Aria EB3 Knock off.

Got the matching guitars cause the project I am in, I am going to probably switch off depending on the set/song. Also because I am a loving nerd.

First and foremost thought

Loving the finish, though, and with that Emp you've got all sorts of wood grain goodness.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Jeff Goldblum posted:

First and foremost thought

Loving the finish, though, and with that Emp you've got all sorts of wood grain goodness.

I need to get some epoxy asap! yeah if the v4 wasn't so mint I would consider rehousing it or just peeling back that Tolex.

The guitars sound solid but debating to replace the mock mudbucker with a Di one and maybe the SG's bridge with a p90 to get some twang

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

signalnoise posted:

I went over to my dad's house for guitar talk the other week and when I was showing off a new bag of mine, he commented that the shoulder strap would make a really good guitar strap. It's this one: http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB0505.html

Curved, fabric-backed neoprene designed for the weight of luggage. I managed to make this:

It works very very well, he was totally right.

Nice, looks very similar to the Comfort Strapp which is all I use nowadays.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
On the topic of strap-talk, I just got this:

A Jodi Head strap, mine's similar to the one in the pic but the ends on mine are brown instead of orange.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I had to get rid of my electric guitar/amp setup for awhile but now with tax returns I'm back in full swing and getting this:

And a custom Suhr similar to this:

Can't wait to get back into it. I've missed having an electric guitar so much.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Oh man, Suhr guitars are so drat sexy. Pity they cost so much. Also, Mesa/Boogie and Suhr? Lucky sumbitch.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

InFlames235 posted:

I had to get rid of my electric guitar/amp setup for awhile but now with tax returns I'm back in full swing and getting this:

And a custom Suhr similar to this:

Can't wait to get back into it. I've missed having an electric guitar so much.

You are overpaying way too much on your income taxes.

Also, great gear. I'd love that Suhr with a hard-tail, though.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Dr. Faustus posted:

You are overpaying way too much on your income taxes.

Also, great gear. I'd love that Suhr with a hard-tail, though.

I know, I pay the max on taxes. I probably could get a little more throughout the year but it's fun getting a lump sum randomly to do fun purchases like this.

no dad im not gay!
Jan 30, 2007

What make is this Ric copy?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I got my v-picks!

I'm not sure which I like best, so far it's the screamer. It's just thick enough to be better, but not nuts. I don't really think I "get" this Infinity pick, but maybe I will as I play with more of them.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

no dad im not gay! posted:

What make is this Ric copy?

It's a full counterfeit Ric, nameplate, serial, everything.
Close inspection shows all the imperfections, the plan is to totally gut it and refit with quality aftermarket Ric parts. Gonna be interesting finding weird pickups to jam into it.
'

no dad im not gay!
Jan 30, 2007

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Close inspection shows all the imperfections, the plan is to totally gut it and refit with quality aftermarket Ric parts. Gonna be interesting finding weird pickups to jam into it.
'

Yea. Neck pickup is wayyyy far back, truss rod cover doesn't have the raised logo, lower horn looks a little off (may be the angle), tailpiece looks like one of those I've seen on the Chinese affairs, the fretboard is plain jane rosewood, and the inlays reach either end of the fretboard like the 60's models but to be fair, I think Rickenbacker went back to the 60's inlays recently anyhow. Aside from all that though, If this is a Chinese-made copy then I'm REALLY impressed.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

'

How does it play?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Yea. Neck pickup is wayyyy far back, truss rod cover doesn't have the raised logo, lower horn looks a little off (may be the angle), tailpiece looks like one of those I've seen on the Chinese affairs, the fretboard is plain jane rosewood, and the inlays reach either end of the fretboard like the 60's models but to be fair, I think Rickenbacker went back to the 60's inlays recently anyhow. Aside from all that though, If this is a Chinese-made copy then I'm REALLY impressed.

aria makes a pretty solid copy, haven't seen them up close but I know friends that really dig em

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

iostream.h posted:

Incidentally, I posted a JCA22H in the Gear Trades thread if anyone's interested.

drat you for posting this. JCA22H on the way from your friendly neighbourhood iostream.h

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Sockington posted:

drat you for posting this. JCA22H on the way from your friendly neighbourhood iostream.h

Haha, no apologies!
All the talk about them recently and giving it a quick once-over for you really made me respect them that much more! I think you'll dig it a LOT.

Now people need to pick up all those other amps I've got up too.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Mine can be a touch bright but it's nothing that I can't fix by playing with my guitar's volume and tone knobs. Very responsive to that kind of stuff.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Declan MacManus posted:

Mine can be a touch bright but it's nothing that I can't fix by playing with my guitar's volume and tone knobs. Very responsive to that kind of stuff.

That's pretty true to the source, in terms of what you'd expect mating that preamp design onto that rather different power amp design. I would also guess that as you raise the power amp's gain, the brightness evens out and you can bring the guitar's electronics back up. Something to see about if you have a nice attenuator sitting around, at any rate. :)

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Picked up a Guild C-1 classical. Pretty nice and loud guitar even though it is made in China. The only other 2 acoustics I've ever had we're an Esteban classical and a $20 new guitar so the Guild is a big step up.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Some of it's design isn't spot on, but I think they went through a few sources to copy it, the main imperfections are close-up, like the pickguard being sloppily cut or there being small gaps between the veneer and the binding. Tried to take a picture but drat it blew out. Outside is too bright, inside is too dark!

Declan MacManus posted:

How does it play?

Different, I have never owned anything like it or anything with such a wide string spacing, it has slowed me down a lot! Once I win the fight with the truss rod it shouldn't sit too high, it's not the nicest complier there. Sound wise it can be very 'vintage' sounding, which means somewhat dull, but it did alright getting into the mix for RnR styles, but I will refit new stuff into it sooner or later, something with bite. The 'toaster' is where all it's balls come from, the single coil in the bridge sounds like complete arse. That'll be the first to go, see if I can fit something else in there, I was thinking the J pickup from a G&L SB2 (I have one of those too and I love how it sounds)

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006

Yay!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ammo for the firegods!

I'm due for a huge post here soon. New orange things, bunch of pedals, new pickups (fun fact: iostream.h is a wonderful dude and taught me everything I know about soldering and installing pickups in less than a week)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

Post pictures of your recovered stolen property.

Have a storage unit, numerous amps and guitars are in it. Visited it last year to swap a chassis from a combo to a head cabinet and ship that home as well as grab the pictured guitar. After packing up the head, couldn't find the guitar. Couldn't also find a couple other Hamer's nor a Tele and a jazz box. Police report filed. Storage company video showed guitar shaped cases being loaded into someone else's unit. Storage unit access logs showed only that other being opened at the same time. Find out unit owner is a poo poo bag. He gets arrested (not on this, possession of drugs in his storage unit they found because he was on probation), doesn't talk.

So I hunt eBay for Hamer's and bam, a couple months later (last month) find this and another Hamer were sold at the same time. Figure that maybe they were sold from a music store from looking at the seller's past sales and pull up music stores for that area listed. First call, bam find they sold two Hamer's and the serials match what I had reported with the police. So, the police find out the guy who sold them to this music store was already in jail on burglary (not the unit owner where they were stored), he told the music store he bought up auctioned storage units.

Music store wants to come out clean, they buy back this one and ship it to me, the other they cut me a check as that one's new owner was being an asshat. Ultimately, out of the 5 stolen, this was only one I wanted bad, it sounds beautiful plugged and unplugged.