Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Renaissance Robot posted:

Boring question, but how did you prop up the camera?

rock, terrain feature, tripod, etc.

From sometime last year, old pile of brick in this case.
One of the better shots that is from the dumpsterfire that was 2020.

ugh I need to go dig that fucker outta storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

The last two pics are very cool, dig them a lot!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bought this ugly thing a couple weeks ago for $1400

It's a rebuilt salvage title, ignition hosed and replaced with a switch, but I'm gonna race it and probably never register it for the road, so who cares. Parts have been arriving all week, so I'll probably do a build thread and video for northwest minimoto.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Slim Pickens posted:

It's a rebuilt salvage title, ignition hosed and replaced with a switch, but I'm gonna race it and probably never register it for the road, so who cares. Parts have been arriving all week, so I'll probably do a build thread and video for northwest minimoto.

I love this cause you can see the reasoning.

Step 1: can't ride because I love america but people can't tell from my bike, so I'll fit patriotic bodywork

Step 2: tried to ride it but I'm a fat gently caress, so I'll fit a goldwing seat

Step 3: crashes badly

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Ok. Couple days in, few hundred miles. 100% what I was looking for. Pretty neglected though. Tires are from 2013. Silver lining: Angel GTs fit.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

One of the worst bikes hinckley ever made, god speed you crazy bastard.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

This looks super fun. Nice.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Slavvy posted:

One of the worst bikes hinckley ever made, god speed you crazy bastard.

Look, just because the battery has to be at 100% condition, and ten different 955i owners will give you ten different startup rituals, and the tiger stripes really have all melted into stretch marks...

People who care about me: “so are you going to keep your KLR?”
Of course!
“What are you going to do with it?”
(Thinking about how I’ll need a backup when the Triumph inevitably implodes, taking with it my sanity, free time, and the financial security I just re-established): “um, trails.”

Goddamn is it pleasant to ride, though. And it has this weird little auxiliary plug under the tank that I discovered. It’s for ‘accessories!’

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Revvik posted:

Goddamn is it pleasant to ride, though. And it has this weird little auxiliary plug under the tank that I discovered. It’s for ‘accessories!’

That would appear to be a Hella din powerlet plug. You can get generic ones on amazon to mod heated gear with.
I've been meaning to design a mod for those powerlet connectors which would give it a magnetic breakaway similar to a magsafe power connector.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm betting on lots of fun content crouching in that tiger.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Slavvy posted:

I'm betting on lots of fun content crouching in that tiger.

:thurman:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

I'm betting on lots of hidden fun content crouching in that tiger.

Fixed

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Don't know about that, seems like it'd Drag on.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Crouching tiger hidden coolant leak

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug
Really liking the new Rebel 1100. Upgraded from a 500. Only put 30km on it so far, but it sounds great stock, looks great (paint is really nice and metallic), feels considerably higher quality than the 500.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
looks cool but for the love of god please get a new pipe

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Sucks that you probably can't remove that can and still be euro5 compliant in the UK :/

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug
As soon as I find one that doesn't sound like straightpipes that can also accomodate saddle bags, I'm there! I had this one (https://www.ebay.ca/itm/EXHAUST-TWIN-PIPE-SLIP-ON-LOW-MOUNT-DIABLO-CUSTOM-WORKS-Honda-REBEL-CMX-300-500/202318665015) on my Rebel 500 and it sounded awesome but was a bit too loud and drone-y for longer rides.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Salisbury Snape posted:

Sucks that you probably can't remove that can and still be euro5 compliant in the UK :/

Why would you need to?

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Horse Clocks posted:

Why would you need to?

Remove the can? Or be emissions compliant for yearly test?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Revvik posted:

(Thinking about how I’ll need a backup when the Triumph inevitably implodes, taking with it my sanity, free time, and the financial security I just re-established)

I got all offended because my Triumph was rock solid, but then I looked back and saw what you bought. Indeed, God speed you crazy bastard.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Salisbury Snape posted:

Remove the can? Or be emissions compliant for yearly test?

MOTs don't test bike emissions.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Steakandchips posted:

MOTs don't test bike emissions.

Pretty sure legislation was passed for bikes manufactured after 2018 needing euro spec emissions tests, so this year will be the first year for bike emissions rules

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Or maybe actually it looks likes they scrubbed that part from the rules, they just need to pass the new emissions rules to roll out of the factory.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Seik posted:

Really liking the new Rebel 1100. Upgraded from a 500. Only put 30km on it so far, but it sounds great stock, looks great (paint is really nice and metallic), feels considerably higher quality than the 500.

I really like how honda took that ultra compact, almost too small looking, engine and styled the rest of the bike around it. Everything is strong and boldly cruiser styled, yet slightly hemmed here and there to complete the athletic look.

Razzled posted:

looks cool but for the love of god please get a new pipe

It's like honda just knows buyers are gonna trash it day one, so they make it so the buyer wants to trash it day one. Shame because a nice sounding quiet exhaust is something I'd want on that bike.

edit: I bet it would look way better if the tip was gloss black instead of bare metal.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 26, 2021

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Got this delivered last night, crappy weather today so this was the best lovely picture I could get. Impressions so far, it's so goddamn light, ergos are great, really liking it.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Salisbury Snape posted:

Or maybe actually it looks likes they scrubbed that part from the rules, they just need to pass the new emissions rules to roll out of the factory.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/motorcycle-parts-checked-at-an-mot/motorcycle-parts-checked-at-an-mot

"2.6 Exhaust system
This will be inspected to check:

it’s secure and complete
it’s not too noisy"

Nothing about emissions.

https://www.gov.uk/emissions-testing

"MOT
Most vehicles have their exhaust emissions tested as part of the MOT.

Usually, they’re tested using a meter. Petrol vehicles used before August 1975 and diesel vehicles used before January 1980 are tested by sight.

If your vehicle fails the emission test it fails the MOT. The problem must be fixed before you can get an MOT certificate.

The only vehicles that do not have an emissions test as part of the MOT are:

vehicles with fewer than 4 wheels
vehicles with 2-stroke engines
hybrid vehicles
quadricycles
hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
electric vehicles"

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Also, I just reconfirmed, my 2019 Harley is ULEZ compliant ( https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/check-your-vehicle/ ), so I can ride it around London no problem.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Steakandchips posted:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/motorcycle-parts-checked-at-an-mot/motorcycle-parts-checked-at-an-mot

"2.6 Exhaust system
This will be inspected to check:

it’s secure and complete
it’s not too noisy"

Nothing about emissions.

https://www.gov.uk/emissions-testing

"MOT
Most vehicles have their exhaust emissions tested as part of the MOT.

Usually, they’re tested using a meter. Petrol vehicles used before August 1975 and diesel vehicles used before January 1980 are tested by sight.

If your vehicle fails the emission test it fails the MOT. The problem must be fixed before you can get an MOT certificate.

The only vehicles that do not have an emissions test as part of the MOT are:

vehicles with fewer than 4 wheels
vehicles with 2-stroke engines
hybrid vehicles
quadricycles
hydrogen fuel cell vehicles
electric vehicles"

When they were doing the reevaluation on mot rules there was talk about making the emissions apply to bikes, turns out it never made it to the final bill so yea, all fine. Like I said, I'm out of the loop from like 2018 when I last had 2 wheels on the road

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Got this delivered last night, crappy weather today so this was the best lovely picture I could get. Impressions so far, it's so goddamn light, ergos are great, really liking it.

That is a fantastic colour for that bike.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Why spend $20 on a tripod or assemble a small pile of rocks when you could spend $1600 on a drone.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Ooh that’s slick.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Strife posted:

Why spend $20 on a tripod or assemble a small pile of rocks when you could spend $1600 on a drone.

That’s a great shot. I hope you were mean-muggin’ under the visor.

Edit: picked up a little Coleman 200 mini bike yesterday to run around the woods at the new property.

My son picked the decal color.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 28, 2021

dema
Aug 13, 2006

New bike day. I have no clue what I'm doing.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
^^^^ Whatever it is, you are doing it right. :getin:

Imperador do Brasil posted:

That’s a great shot. I hope you were mean-muggin’ under the visor.

Edit: picked up a little Coleman 200 mini bike yesterday to run around the woods at the new property.

My son picked the decal color.

That looks fun. I feel like I rode a very old and janky version of one of those years ago. It was small and chinese and scary but fun. Is the coleman... good? Serviceable? Why that instead of your DR or another dirbike?

edit: OH SNAP 200cc and $600 new?! Hell yeah!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Coydog posted:

^^^^ Whatever it is, you are doing it right. :getin:

That looks fun. I feel like I rode a very old and janky version of one of those years ago. It was small and chinese and scary but fun. Is the coleman... good? Serviceable? Why that instead of your DR or another dirbike?

Yeah it’s a perfectly cheap and serviceable bike. Honda clone style engine so tons of mods and reliability.

The DR and KLX are great for riding up and then camping but we have a Honda XR100R which is smaller and better for camp duty like riding through tight trees etc, and I wanted another bike for my kid’s friends to ride as well. Plus this is the RB model, which has a light, disc brake and actual forks and handlebars in the front compared to the CT’s no light, drum brake, and solid front suspension.

I don’t trust them with a full 300lb, 33hp dual sport like the DR. If they dump this or the XR, then 🤷🏼‍♂️ oh well.

I got this one for like $560 and if the motor ever blows I’ll pop a Harbor Freight Predator 212 on there for $129 and not even think twice.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 28, 2021

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

dema posted:

New bike day. I have no clue what I'm doing.

Nice, road legal?

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Yup, road legal. KTM 500 EXC-F. Looking forward to doing some dirt and light ADV poo poo with it. Already have a trip to Moab booked next month.

Coydog posted:

My FIL had one of those. He built a little track on his property and it was a blast. Totally anemic, even compared to a Grom, but it was still a lot of fun to wring out.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dema posted:

My FIL had one of those. He built a little track on his property and it was a blast. Totally anemic, even compared to a Grom, but it was still a lot of fun to wring out.

Well it’s just 5.5hp and a centrifugal clutch, after all. Now add a jet kit, air filter, exhaust and governor delete/billet flywheel and it’s a 10hp screamer of a toy. They even make CVT kits for them. It’s not street-legal-bike fast but it’s a rip-roaring good time on these types of “roads”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dema posted:

Yup, road legal. KTM 500 EXC-F. Looking forward to doing some dirt and light ADV poo poo with it. Already have a trip to Moab booked next month.

Nice! Consider getting a JD tuner (or GET/vortex ecu) and then doing all the air stuff - reeds out, drill out the two little screens in the back of the exhaust. You’ll lose MPG, but it’s well worth it.