Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

djfooboo posted:

You weirdos drinking cold water. Room temp water is superior.

How is China nowadays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

It's fine. But room temp water is superior to cold water.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The only moral parochialism is my parochialism.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Found a lightly used pair seriously underpriced in our Craigslist equivalent. I'll probably flip them.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Etrips posted:

I know this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find the discussion or it might have been in another thread entirely. But any recommendations on awesome large backpacks? I generally carry 2x 40oz Hydroflasks to work in my current backpack but that is literally all I have room for and would like something bigger.

I have Timbuk2 backpack and love it. I carry an absurd amount of crap everywhere and it handles the weight super well.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Zahi posted:

Nice rig! I bet you and your life partner will have loads of adventures!

:colbert: It's for my wife.

PCOS Bill posted:

Why not just get the Fit it was built on?

Did you skip the part about large dogs?

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

RIP a substantial part of my birthday money. At least I got an amazing deal and one of the few cards left in Europe with a reasonable delivery date, I guess I got lucky.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Do GoRuck/Timbuk2 etc. offer a significant upgrade over generic "assault pack" style backpacks? Of course those have a lot of variety too, but I'm just wondering how much of the price is branding.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Timbuk2 still makes some good bags but most of it is fashion crap now and they outsourced most labor to China. They come with good warranties though.

Goruck products are basically bomb proof and that's what you're paying for. They don't even have any branding on the outside. I have several Goruck bags and honestly if you don't plan to be rough with them and carry a lot of heavy stuff I wouldn't buy them. Something from Tom Bihn will be more practical and lighter and will last almost as long.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Aug 1, 2016

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I bought my timbuk2 bag and some of their luggage on the recommendation of a friend who has them and has been touring for the last five or so years. All of her stuff has held up perfectly so far.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I've had a mission workshop bag for the last 4 years. Used to use it as my motorcycle commute bag. Holds a gang of stuff and looks brand new aside from some dog hair sticking to it (I bought a black bag).
http://missionworkshop.com/

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

This bitter veteran recommends checking out maxpedition bags if they're available.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I've had a mission workshop bag for the last 4 years. Used to use it as my motorcycle commute bag. Holds a gang of stuff and looks brand new aside from some dog hair sticking to it (I bought a black bag).
http://missionworkshop.com/

I bought one for a recent trip to Japan, it was great.

I also just bought two tickets to Japan, for this coming March. Less than $1,000 total...now I just have to pay off my credit card from the last trip.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
I went to the Dillard's clearance sale this weekend and got some new stuff.

2 new really nice "gold label" non-iron dress shirts
2 "gold label" polos in solid colors
a brown leather belt
a pair of slim cut perry ellis slacks in navy

all for under $100, a really good deal

my brother picked up 6 high quality t-shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, and some other odds and ends for about $125

really good deals on "department store quality stuff" at wal-mart or target prices

e. to support my claims on new items, i bought two of the "gold label" dress shirts last year and wear them almost weekly to work and they still look brand new, really well made and very comfortable if not the most stylishly cut shirts. you can fix the problem by taking them to a tailor for like $20 apiece (which oddly enough is about how much they cost after the discounts).

nerox
May 20, 2001

tomstuart posted:

I went to the Dillard's clearance sale this weekend and got some new stuff.

2 new really nice "gold label" non-iron dress shirts
2 "gold label" polos in solid colors
a brown leather belt
a pair of slim cut perry ellis slacks in navy

all for under $100, a really good deal

my brother picked up 6 high quality t-shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, and some other odds and ends for about $125

really good deals on "department store quality stuff" at wal-mart or target prices

e. to support my claims on new items, i bought two of the "gold label" dress shirts last year and wear them almost weekly to work and they still look brand new, really well made and very comfortable if not the most stylishly cut shirts. you can fix the problem by taking them to a tailor for like $20 apiece (which oddly enough is about how much they cost after the discounts).

Dillard's gold label dress shirts are awesome, you throw them in the dryer for like 10 minutes and any wrinkles fall out. Works better than most non-iron shirts I have tried.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I absolutely refuse to believe goons go outside enough to justify buying this many bags.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Digital_Jesus posted:

I absolutely refuse to believe goons go outside enough to justify buying this many bags.

I had a GF with a wall's worth of purses and she only ever used one at a time!!!

No really, there were 3M hooks with purses hanging on them covering the entire wall.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

But in the blackish color, not the camo. Now to try and undo all the stupid things Android, ATT, and Samsung thing I want to be notified about. :suicide:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Digital_Jesus posted:

I have figured out I need between five and seven bags to cover all outdoor related activities. That's not counting work, which requires only one bag and two Pelicans.

Some day I will find the perfect bag, but until that day, I will keep buying bags.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

H110Hawk posted:

But in the blackish color, not the camo. Now to try and undo all the stupid things Android, ATT, and Samsung thing I want to be notified about. :suicide:

Nice! How do you like it? Are you planning on getting a protective case?

I ask because the first thing I did with my S4 active was water log it and then shatter the screen, all in the span of fifteen minutes :cripes:

Last time I ever say "hey, I bet your phone can't do this! :v:"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have 4 messenger bags and 3 backpacks and yeah I realize I'm a retard since I only really use two of them.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Digital_Jesus posted:

We're not all shut-ins.

FredLordofCheese
Aug 16, 2005

Hey there, here's your pizza, may I ask why you are wearing that sheer robe?
More bag chat, bought my wife a new bag for her birthday to help her haul stuff to work.

Made by a local workshop, works as a cross body bag, shoulder bag, or a purse. Water resistant and made from waxed canvas so it should be durable. Love the extra strap so it stays straight while she rides her bike to work.

http://www.esperanzaworkshop.com/

Also bought her a cycling computer, so she will finally stop burning through her phone battery on longer rides.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

OSU_Matthew posted:

Nice! How do you like it? Are you planning on getting a protective case?

I ask because the first thing I did with my S4 active was water log it and then shatter the screen, all in the span of fifteen minutes :cripes:

Last time I ever say "hey, I bet your phone can't do this! :v:"

My S3 only got a "protective case" when the original backing plate no longer stayed on from too many drops. Then the case I bought would only fit over the Samsung Official Extended Battery without the backing plate. Eventually that was literally falling apart in my hands from too many drops and 6 months later I broke down and bought a new phone.

I hate the screen, it's too reflective. The OS itself is a nice upgrade over 4.1.1 (to 6.0.1) in that it's WAY easier to tell apps to gently caress off (notifications, staying awake in the background, etc), but ATT has a bootup sound you cannot disable, and it keeps asking me to upgrade various things. I told the lady I would not accept the phone if it continued to make that noise, she eventually found an app for me. Yes, I would roll back the whole transaction because it makes a noise I cannot shut off. I hate consumer hardware.

No. I've never bought a case for a phone. I've also never cracked a screen on a phone, and I drop it all the time.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

H110Hawk posted:

My S3 only got a "protective case" when the original backing plate no longer stayed on from too many drops. Then the case I bought would only fit over the Samsung Official Extended Battery without the backing plate. Eventually that was literally falling apart in my hands from too many drops and 6 months later I broke down and bought a new phone.

I hate the screen, it's too reflective. The OS itself is a nice upgrade over 4.1.1 (to 6.0.1) in that it's WAY easier to tell apps to gently caress off (notifications, staying awake in the background, etc), but ATT has a bootup sound you cannot disable, and it keeps asking me to upgrade various things. I told the lady I would not accept the phone if it continued to make that noise, she eventually found an app for me. Yes, I would roll back the whole transaction because it makes a noise I cannot shut off. I hate consumer hardware.

No. I've never bought a case for a phone. I've also never cracked a screen on a phone, and I drop it all the time.

I'd have assumed they provide phones to celebrities as a form of advertising, Mr. Fox.

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

FordPRefectLL posted:

i just noticed they charged me a $60 restocking fee but i got them to credit it because amazon's cool

I got an e-mail today from Newegg about some class action lawsuit for the 970; was your exchange related to that? If so I might also have a 1070 as a next purchase. :v:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FirstPlayer posted:

I got an e-mail today from Newegg about some class action lawsuit for the 970; was your exchange related to that? If so I might also have a 1070 as a next purchase. :v:
We're not getting anything from Newegg.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

You're getting $30 from Nvidia

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Moving back from Australia and needed a car.
Bought new Focus RS

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 11:26 on Aug 2, 2016

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Etrips posted:

That sounds exactly like something I am looking for. Now to find some pictures of the innards!

I think it was this thread but someone was asking about packs. My suggestion is looking into 5.11 packs. They are a lot more affordable than the GoRuck packs and just as durable/good looking. I've had my 5.11 Rush 12 for about 4 years and it's held up very nicely. I've used it everyday in 2 different continents and it still looks and feels new. They have bigger models such as the Rush 48 all the way up to Rush 72. They are very good packs and will last you a long long time.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DirtyFalcon posted:

Bought new Focus RS

I like this growth of hot hatches in America

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Josh Lyman posted:

If I was staying in Aus longer I'd buy the AMG A45. drat shame they won't sell it in the U.S.A. Really fun to drive.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

DirtyFalcon posted:

Bought new Focus RS

I've been seeing these on the road and they're so pretty and cool.

Congrats.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Hot hatch? What is that?

In other hatch news, I bought a bike rack for my Impreza so I can stop shoving an entire mountain bike in my lil car. Pics and impressions soon.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

App13 posted:

Hot hatch? What is that?

Basically a performance hatch back, a class of vehicle that's inexplicably never been really available in the US (edit: not with enough choices, anyway). That white one above has 350 horsepower, all wheel drive, and a six speed manual transmission. In a compact. 0 to 60 in something like 4.7s. :buddy:

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 15:30 on Aug 2, 2016

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

I'd have assumed they provide phones to celebrities as a form of advertising, Mr. Fox.

I assume there is some hilarious burn/troll/joke here but I'm pretty dense.

DirtyFalcon posted:

Bought new Focus RS

Congrats! I've gone in a ride in a coworkers and they sound downright angry at you, personally. It's lovely. :3:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

FirstPlayer posted:

it was but everyone else i've talked to who has tried to return theirs has been getting stonewalled by amazon

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

DirtyFalcon posted:

Bought new Focus RS

Post about dis car in AI, there's a lack of them about and everyone is interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032817&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

nerox posted:

Dillard's gold label dress shirts are awesome, you throw them in the dryer for like 10 minutes and any wrinkles fall out. Works better than most non-iron shirts I have tried.

Only $60 for a dress shirt you can wad up and throw in the hamper for a week and the bastard comes out looking like a million bucks every single time. It's un-loving-believable.

The slacks are just as good, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Only $60 for a dress shirt you can wad up and throw in the hamper for a week and the bastard comes out looking like a million bucks every single time. It's un-loving-believable.

The slacks are just as good, by the way.

get them on the annual clearance sale they are typically less than $20 and are the equal of $100+ shirts

their standard fit is a bit, uh, billowy, but its hard to find the slim fit ones on the clearance sale