Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Can anyone explain to me what the ARP actually stands for?
I wasn't playing when this apparently happened before.

Am I correct in thinking the final reward for the current missions is an Elite Premium Kongo, which can only use one of the two new Captains.
So its purely a moneygrinding/statpadding ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

ArchangeI posted:

It's for the people who need to collect all the waifus.

Even lacking a tier 7, I guess I will actually get one this time. Last time I just couldn't be bothered after I read the requirements. gently caress setting fires.

The last Kongo didn't require fires, it needed all of ~5 games in a fighter loaded Bogue instead, infinitely easier. The free Myoko was the awful one.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

Evernoob posted:

Can anyone explain to me what the ARP actually stands for?
I wasn't playing when this apparently happened before.

Am I correct in thinking the final reward for the current missions is an Elite Premium Kongo, which can only use one of the two new Captains.
So its purely a moneygrinding/statpadding ship.

ARP is Arpeggio, Arpeggio of Blue steel, an anime for those that conflate their love of armored ships with their love of young girls.

It is so loving creepy, I wish there was an option to remove any mention of it from both the launcher and mission screens.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Anime Rewards Pedophiles.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Is that where poi comes from?

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

wolfman101 posted:

http://warships.today/player/1014937110/na/only_mustard_lettuce
lol at my colorado stats:

damage: 57K (avg 41K)
kills: 1.07 (avg 0.73)
wtr: 1265 (avg 985)
win%: 39 (avg 48)

I am going to blame this on never playing in divisions.

My Colorado is sitting at 75% win rate, it's one of my fav ships. I know it used to be a pile of poo poo, but they must have done something to it because it's beast mode now.

My myoko is another story, I love the boat but I can't win for poo poo in it.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Archenteron posted:

Yes.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Archenteron posted:

Nope. WWII ship girl anime is its own small genre!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone not able to select the first mission & challenge? I get no battle button like below for this mission and also the challenge 'Your Team Needs Air Support' has the same.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

demonR6 posted:

Anyone not able to select the first mission & challenge? I get no battle button like below for this mission and also the challenge 'Your Team Needs Air Support' has the same.

I noticed the same thing last night, but as long as you meet the ship requirements you should get credit. Worked for me, anyway.

e: Keep in mind that one set is for teams, so you have to actually complete those in "Team Battle" mode.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Yeah you don't need to actually hit that button to get credit.

Randy McSoggybotto
Aug 13, 2015
Anyone else noticing IJN fighters are weaker than ever now

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

xthetenth posted:

Nope. WWII ship girl anime is its own small genre!

Note that ARP is the less creepy one.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Riller posted:

I noticed the same thing last night, but as long as you meet the ship requirements you should get credit. Worked for me, anyway.

e: Keep in mind that one set is for teams, so you have to actually complete those in "Team Battle" mode.

Not working. I have played three tier 5's today so far all with kills on them and no mission completion. :(

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Archenteron posted:

ARP (arpeggio) is girls standing on boats (but they also ARE the boat because :japan:)
Kancolle is girls who ARE boats and wear rigging and guns and clothes

poi is from the latter, the ingame boats is from the former

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
SEAMN is full up at this time full of hot dudes. You are welcome to send applications in and if someone resigns and your are first in line then you too can be a hot SEAMN.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Hazdoc posted:

ARP (arpeggio) is girls standing on boats (but they also ARE the boat because :japan:)
Kancolle is girls who ARE boats and wear rigging and guns and clothes

poi is from the latter, the ingame boats is from the former

I hope you have reliable friends who pull an emergency intervention and cure you of your anime knowledge Cold Turkey style.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Hammerstein posted:

I hope you have reliable friends who pull an emergency intervention and cure you of your anime knowledge Cold Turkey style.

its too late for me, i've already become the poi
TRUMP WILL MAKE ANIME REAL

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Make Drumpf Drumpf Again.

EDIT: hahahaha I installed the Chrome plugin and it keeps changing Trump to Drumpf

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Aaaagh, now WoWs just crashes on startup.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Desiderata posted:

It is so loving creepy, I wish there was an option to remove any mention of it from both the launcher and mission screens.

I sort of look at them as premium ships that I don't have to pay wargaming for, so while they are pretty lame, I'll still grind the gently caress out of some tier v credits with them.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Pacra and I just ran into a weird-rear end bug where hitting "battle" with all members of a division ready did gently caress-all.

The first time we cleared it by remaking the division, but the second time it wouldn't work.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I had two instances last night where the client crashed and a window popped up with a rather lengthy 'Uh-Oh seems like something is really hosed with the Big World client' which forced a reboot.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

demonR6 posted:

I had two instances last night where the client crashed and a window popped up with a rather lengthy 'Uh-Oh seems like something is really hosed with the Big World client' which forced a reboot.

This has actually been happening to me since before Christmas and my complaints and support tickets about it have fallen on deaf ears. For a while it was happening every. single. battle. I was finally able to unfuck it temporarily (until the next WOWS patch) by uninstalling WOWS, then uninstalling every copy of the loving Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable, then reinstalling WOWS again. The WOWS installer seems - in an ability apparently unique to Wargaming - uniquely good at loving up your local VC++ redistributable package, and games keep insisting on installing their own versions over it, so whenever WOWS patches or you install a new game that installs a new runtime, this seems to reoccur.

And Wargaming, like a honey badger, appears to give no fucks. :v:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Given that this hit Pacra and me simultaneously, I think it was server-side.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
this big world ain't big enough for the two of us

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

I haven't played since mid-Dec. what things should i do/not do?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

guidoanselmi posted:

just keep doing what you're doing

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

guidoanselmi posted:

Your captains should have had all their skillpoints refunded, refer to Hazdocs updated skill list here. And adjust your gameplay accordingly.

Fizzil fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Mar 4, 2016

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
I've played a couple of games on my post-patch Cleveland. Does the movement seem a lot more slidey now? I feel like my ship is on an ice rink and the other cruisers similiarly seemed to be much more agile in turning.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Fizzil posted:

Your captains should have had all their skillpoints refunded, refer to Hazdocs updated skill list here. And adjust your gameplay accordingly.

speaking of which, made some tiny updates, namely to manual AA. I recommend only taking it if you already have AFT, and only if you're in for a super plane killy setup. You should also use the AA range upgrade.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Personally I feel manual AA is useless late game for battleships as your AA modules will be knocked out from HE shells.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
DD players - was there a recent undocumented change that causes turrets to be knocked out a lot more frequently?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

mik posted:

DD players - was there a recent undocumented change that causes turrets to be knocked out a lot more frequently?

no?
Quite a few patches ago, turret HP for most DDs was increased. Otherwise, there has been no change to DD guns of any significance, other than some US DD hulls retaining guns at B Hull.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Baby's first kraken :3:

I love the konisberg so much.

Edit: btw, the imperator on our team picked up a healthy set of awards himself:
dreadnought, fireproof, confederate, high caliber, and legend of the sea.

Our furutaka on the other hand was an afk bot. Remaining ship on the enemy team was a murmansk that was making a beeline away from us.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 4, 2016

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I just got in to tier 4 battleships and I'm finding that the dispersion is pretty loving terrible when you fire a full volley. Does anyone else fire one at a time or is there some skill I'm missing that helps?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

squidflakes posted:

I just got in to tier 4 battleships and I'm finding that the dispersion is pretty loving terrible when you fire a full volley. Does anyone else fire one at a time or is there some skill I'm missing that helps?

How many guns you fire doesn't really matter. There is an upgrade that makes your main battery more accurate, although I'm not sure if it's available on T4 ships.

On the Wyoming in particular, it's just really bad at long range. You need to get in close, at least sub 10km, and just dunk on cruisers all day like that. (Ideally you don't get tossed in to the super deep end of a t4-6 range match, because you'll just get murdered in that case.)

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

squidflakes posted:

If you play battleships, you just have to accept that sometimes dispersion will completely gently caress you. Get closer and it'll gently caress you less.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

squidflakes posted:

There is no difference between firing broadside and ripple firing. However, you do need to keep in mind that shells from your bow guns reach the target at a different angle than your stern gun's shells. Firing individually allows you to adjust for this difference in angle, but it only really matters against targets at close-ish ranges, and only if they're presenting a narrow profile to hit, such as crossing your T. A broadside dead on may just end up having your shells converge a point behind the target's bow, causing most of the shells to bounce off the belt armor instead of impact the deck or turrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
There is one important difference--firing accurate broadsides is very intimidating. Number for number, it's no different from ripple firing, but people will behave differently under broadside fire. Something to keep in mind.

As for dispersion, no, sometimes your turrets will just make weird and impossible shots. I like to think threatening to fire all your gunners helps.