Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I bet most people would agree that the chimera ant arc was the best one in hxh

well, art excluded. it got rough at times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Manatee Cannon posted:

I bet most people would agree that the chimera ant arc was the best one in hxh

well, art excluded. it got rough at times

i watched the anime for that one and hooooooooly poo poo the narration parts were unwatchable

some of the fights were pretty cool though.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also if you say anything negative about hxh anywhere people will eat you alive

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
do you think we will get a arc that revolves around zoro at some point?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Looks like wano is going to be the buggy arc so probably not

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

do you think we will get a arc that revolves around zoro at some point?

Also, have we had an arc in this series yet where somebody other than Luffy took out the bad guy at the end (though we might get that with Wano depending on when it takes place in relation to the current arc, though I doubt it)?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

we'll definitely get a zoro focused arc at some point. even if it's not wano (it'll probably be wano tho), he's got some baggage left

Larryb posted:

Also, have we had an arc in this series yet where somebody other than Luffy took out the bad guy at the end (though we might get that with Wano depending on when it takes place in relation to the current arc, though I doubt it)?

the summit war

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I don't really think I'd say he has baggage or whatever, like we don't know who his parents are but him being anything other than some random nobody from East Blue who got super strong from training (and then obscenely strong from more training) would retroactively cheapen his character.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Larryb posted:

Zoro defeated Morgan and Zunisha defeated Jack.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Larryb posted:

no one defeated magellan

sanji defeated duval

no one defeated anyone at sabaody

boa hancocks hormones defeated herself

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Zoro technically beat Hody before Luffy did.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

anime was right posted:

no one defeated magellan

sanji defeated duval

no one defeated anyone at sabaody

boa hancocks hormones defeated herself

bisoromi bear beat the crew

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Larryb posted:

Ace and Dadan beat the one pirate up.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

also if you say anything negative about hxh anywhere people will eat you alive

HunterxHunter is nowhere near as good as people say

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elfgames posted:

same but your favorite anime.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Last Celebration posted:

I don't really think I'd say he has baggage or whatever, like we don't know who his parents are but him being anything other than some random nobody from East Blue who got super strong from training (and then obscenely strong from more training) would retroactively cheapen his character.

I just want to know what the deal is with Kuina and Tashigi. That's what I want from a Zoro arc.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

His backstory so far is the weakest by a LARGE margin. He's training as a swordsman but keeps losing to his friend, they share a vow and then she dies from falling down stairs literally the next morning.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

WilliamAnderson posted:

I just want to know what the deal is with Kuina and Tashigi. That's what I want from a Zoro arc.

He's said in an SBS that it's just a weird coincidence.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Kild posted:

His backstory so far is the weakest by a LARGE margin. He's training as a swordsman but keeps losing to his friend, they share a vow and then she dies from falling down stairs literally the next morning.

Okay, but why does that make his character weaker? Like, it's okay to have one character whose tragic backstory doesn't take an entire freaking volume to go over. He wants to be the strongest swordsman because that's what his captain deserves and also he made a vow I guess. Like, Luffy and Sanji didn't need volume-long backstories tacked onto their or existing ones, and Zoro needs it even less

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Elfgames posted:

just the blazing hot takes everywhere in ADTRW today huh

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

JahRoo posted:

Looks like wano is going to be the buggy arc so probably not

YES

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If it's going to be a buggy arc, I should have a word with the boys in QA.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Get that guy who ate the Dev Dev Fruit to tighten up the graphics on level 3

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

Okay, but why does that make his character weaker? Like, it's okay to have one character whose tragic backstory doesn't take an entire freaking volume to go over. He wants to be the strongest swordsman because that's what his captain deserves and also he made a vow I guess. Like, Luffy and Sanji didn't need volume-long backstories tacked onto their or existing ones, and Zoro needs it even less

No it doesn't make his character weaker but its probably not likely he's the only person in the crew without some sort of 'pedigree'. He's not the last of his kind and the only person left that can read Poneglyphs or the son of Yassop, or the the heir to Uranus, or the Prince of a Kingdom, or a talking Reindeer or Skeleton, or a Shichibukai Fishman or the son of the world's most dangerous criminal, grandson of the worlds greatest hero and brother to Roger's son.

Maybe he will just be some guy but there's questions that were left with his backstory like with Nami and Sanji and Brook too.

Like what was the war or battle the orphaned Nami + her sister? Who were their actual parents? Why did that event cause Bellemere to quit the marines?

Kild fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 30, 2017

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
The answers to these questions and many more in the next 10 years of One Piece!

:dance:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
shits gonna get real when vegapunk is introduced

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

nanomachines gonna get real when vegapunk is introduced

Fixed.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
What I want from One Piece right now more than anything else is a Zeo cover story redemption arc.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm assuming a Caesar cover arc will be our next stop. Assuming he doesn't get dragged right back in again for the showdown against Big Mom.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Last Celebration posted:

Like, Luffy and Sanji didn't need volume-long backstories tacked onto their or existing ones, and Zoro needs it even less

Sanji kind of needed it.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

My single largest One Piece disappointment is that we never got a Fakehat cover story

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
A cover story about a bunch of unmarked graves would be pretty boring to be fair.

Although I guess Fake Robin is still in a prison somewhere.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

EGSunBro posted:

What I want from One Piece right now more than anything else is a Zeo cover story redemption arc.

was that the fishman guy that brook fought

that dude's an old man and in jail

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Manatee Cannon posted:

Neither of those things stopped other cover arcs. I just want my secret head butt boy back.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

If they're not dead by now at least. While it might be interesting to know where Nami came from it's not really all that necessary seeing as she was abandoned in a war zone as an infant and probably has no memory of her birth parents (also reminder that she and Nojiko weren't blood related, it's possible they might have come from the same place though).

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

Sanji kind of needed it.

Sanji needed some kind of a redemption after being kind of poo poo after the timeskip. It didn't necessarily need to be extra backstory and Germa 66 is not among my favorite things about this arc, but I can accept it as an extra hoop we needed to jump through to make the wedding party happen. As for Zoro, I hope he will get some character development by facing some unprecedented adversity in the present, and Wano seems like the perfect arc to make that happen. Giving him an extra backstory, especially one that revealed him as some kind of Secret Important Person, would feel like a bit of a hack move at this point.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Star Platinum posted:

Sanji needed some kind of a redemption after being kind of poo poo after the timeskip. It didn't necessarily need to be extra backstory and Germa 66 is not among my favorite things about this arc, but I can accept it as an extra hoop we needed to jump through to make the wedding party happen. As for Zoro, I hope he will get some character development by facing some unprecedented adversity in the present, and Wano seems like the perfect arc to make that happen. Giving him an extra backstory, especially one that revealed him as some kind of Secret Important Person, would feel like a bit of a hack move at this point.

It wouldn't necessarily be that but the story behind his swords and why his friend had it might be explained there or maybe even his teacher's backstory or whatever.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ah gimmie the chappie.......... let me eat the chap chap fruit and produce chapters............

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kild posted:

It wouldn't necessarily be that but the story behind his swords and why his friend had it might be explained there or maybe even his teacher's backstory or whatever.

Maybe it'll turn out that Tashigi is a relative of Zoro's friend or something, as far as I can remember he never mentioned Kuina's name in front of her and it would explain why they look so similar.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Zoro did tell her in Loguetown that she looks exactly like his dead friend, she definitely would have connected the dots if that was the case.