Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Oh no, I went to school in a different state. Our school just happened to be on lockdown too. Whoops I guess I forgot to include that detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Woopsie man.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

I'm pretty sure the game targeted at millennials (and younger) probably has fairly low concentration of likely Trump voters.

Also according to my non-scientific eye-test, there is a high correlation between outward Trump supporters and anti-pokemon-go meme-sharers on my news feed.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Blind Pineapple posted:

Also according to my non-scientific eye-test, there is a high correlation between outward Trump supporters and anti-pokemon-go meme-sharers on my news feed.

Seems legit; the vocally anti-pokemon go are generally people who hate change and things they don't understand, while blaming imagined moral failings of society on the youth.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Holy poo poo :laffo:

This is satire, right?

Oh it is, I just posted it because it's an example of 'Wow, a Play4real article became reality'

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

fullroundaction posted:

I came into school late on the day Columbine happened because I was taking my Driver's test. All of the doors were locked and I was really freaked out because I didn't know anything was going on, so I banged on the office secretary's window to ask her to unlock it and I think she poo poo her pants with fear. Welp that's my story.

Also we had to stop having Quake Arena LAN parties in the library because of those fucks so I'm extra glad they're dead. :mad:

There was once an attempted shooting at my highschool. Some rear end in a top hat brought a gun, everything went on lockdown and everyone lost their poo poo. My school took lockdown seriously, too. We had these fuckoff metal shutters that closed over the windows and everything because the kids were so awful they treated us like prison inmates sometimes and genuinely feared we might riot. Anyway the point is I'd skipped school like an rear end in a top hat and everyone I knew called me in a panic because they thought I might be getting shot. I didn't even know there was a shooting going on, haha what a way for my parents to find out I'd stopped giving a poo poo about my education.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Nuebot posted:

There was once an attempted shooting at my highschool. Some rear end in a top hat brought a gun, everything went on lockdown and everyone lost their poo poo. My school took lockdown seriously, too. We had these fuckoff metal shutters that closed over the windows and everything because the kids were so awful they treated us like prison inmates sometimes and genuinely feared we might riot. Anyway the point is I'd skipped school like an rear end in a top hat and everyone I knew called me in a panic because they thought I might be getting shot. I didn't even know there was a shooting going on, haha what a way for my parents to find out I'd stopped giving a poo poo about my education.

i wish i was as cool as this guy, forums poster Nuebot. :allears:

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HiroProtagonist posted:

i wish i was as cool as this guy, forums poster Nuebot. :allears:
Are you okay, man? You can talk to me if you need, I have plat.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Conservative Doctor Who steps out of the TARDIS, pulls out a gun, and shoots the first alien (illegal or extraterrestrial) he sees, loots the general area, and leaves, a job well done.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

My brother's friend's mother tagged him and his girlfriend in this.

\

I WILL BE YOUR WHAT???

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Aw man a friend of mine is pulling the "This is what happens when you spend more money on games than the people who actually NEED it to survive." over olympic torch protests in Rio. I can't find the word for the irony I feel when he has 5,000 hours of TF2 on record.

At least he cares about something, I guess. :unsmith:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ularg posted:

Aw man a friend of mine is pulling the "This is what happens when you spend more money on games than the people who actually NEED it to survive." over olympic torch protests in Rio. I can't find the word for the irony I feel when he has 5,000 hours of TF2 on record.

At least he cares about something, I guess. :unsmith:

I think there's a pretty big difference between playing a game that's been free for 5 years and spending billions of dollars hosting a sports competition in a lovely disease-ridden wasteland.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It's just the first example that came to mind. He isn't some saint that's never spent money on games or hardware and just donated everything to help those in need.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ularg posted:

It's just the first example that came to mind. He isn't some saint that's never spent money on games or hardware and just donated everything to help those in need.

Generally it's dumb to draw a comparison between a person and a nation's government

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Butt Ox posted:

I think there's a pretty big difference between playing a game that's been free for 5 years and spending billions of dollars hosting a sports competition in a lovely disease-ridden wasteland.

Woah there! That's big talk coming from a non-saint. Try giving "everything" to the needy before you talk about a nation's misguided use of money.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Butt Ox posted:

a lovely disease-ridden wasteland.

That's a good description of the average goon body tho.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Nuebot posted:

My highschool was next to a prison. There was a procedure for what to do in case of escaped prisoner. Nothing ever happened and the prison was shut down a couple of years after I left.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Tiggum posted:

My highschool was next to a prison. There was a procedure for what to do in case of escaped prisoner. Nothing ever happened and the prison was shut down a couple of years after I left.

One time my middle school had a lockdown and then it ended.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I shot up a school then got killed. :ghost:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tiggum posted:

You'd think Australia would be fine with prisoners.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Blind Pineapple posted:

I'm pretty sure the game targeted at millennials (and younger) probably has fairly low concentration of likely Trump voters.

I've got news for you, pal. I may be literally the only person in my department of mostly 30-50-year-olds who does not play Pokemon Go. My team lead plays. Our managers play. Our vice president may or may not play, it's unclear. All of my fellow software developers - male and female - play. You can look out the big-rear end windows of our room, and see people walking circles around the building with their heads bent over their phones. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that in our building of about 1,000 people, a significant majority are playing Pokemon Go.

Oh, one of the quality assurance ladies doesn't play.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Are we still accepting youtube comments as iosm?
I unsubbed from a channel but I did a quick scroll through the comment section first and found this:

Prejudice? Institutional racism? Get those loving facts out of here and stop derailing this discussion about how us whites have it just as bad as blacks!!

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?

Centripetal Horse posted:

I've got news for you, pal. I may be literally the only person in my department of mostly 30-50-year-olds who does not play Pokemon Go. My team lead plays. Our managers play. Our vice president may or may not play, it's unclear. All of my fellow software developers - male and female - play. You can look out the big-rear end windows of our room, and see people walking circles around the building with their heads bent over their phones. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that in our building of about 1,000 people, a significant majority are playing Pokemon Go.

Oh, one of the quality assurance ladies doesn't play.

I'm 35 and I play it. All my friends are in the 30s and 40s and they all play it too. It's a fun game, I don't get why people are so angry about it tbh. It's just a game. :shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Comments on this Luann strip:

earth native posted:

When will women ever learn? Don’t move in with the guy until you have that ring on your finger. Brad will use Toni as an unpaid whore. That’s how guys are. And women like that then wonder when he will marry her. Why should he, he’s getting what he wants without getting married. And besides, no man wants to marry a woman that will go to bed with him before getting married. He’ll wonder if she will go to bed with him, how many other guys will she go to bed with. That is an unpaid whore. If she’s going to be a whore, she might as well get paid for it.
A “real” man doesn’t want a loose woman to be the mother of his children. I guess wedding rings don’t mean what they used to. I hope Toni does not move in with the guys. If she does, she will be the subject of whispers in the men’s locker room at the firehouse (when Brad’s not there of course).

GuntherGrass posted:

@earth native
Right on! I’ve been one to always want to marry my women before moving in together, but last couple or 3 times necessity forced us to move in before marriage. Yes, there’s a natural inertia postponing the wedding once the move-in has taken place. Several of my long-time friends have done this as well, even boasting about it. I’m sadder but wiser, also in Sacramento.

earth native posted:

@GuntherGrass
NECESSITY FORCED US TO MOVE IN BEFOE MARRIAGE.
Nobody “forced” you to do anything. You decided the woman you want to marry is worth only a few bucks.
Rule #1. No woman should marry a man until he has his finances in order. Money problems is always a downer in a marriage. (Take care of the necessities first, not bring your wife to be into that kind of a situation.
You said “Right on!” to my post. You know I’m right but you were weak and took the easy less honorable route. A “real” woman can’t respect that.
Rule #2. Take care of all the things that could put a strain on your marriage before tying the knot. That includes any debt you have, like credit card debt. Neither party should bring their baggage into a marriage. Rid those thing first. Otherwise you’re not ready for marriage.

SactoSylvia posted:

@earth native
What a dark view. I’m sure your scenario is accurate for some couples, but definitely not for all. I know many long-lasting couples who co-habited before marriage, and even one or two that never married but nonetheless have been together many years – long enough to now have grown children.

What a dark and judgmental view!

earth native posted:

@SactoSylvia
You are following the wayward ways of the world. Marriage is what it is. What’s the difference between an unpaid whore and a woman putting out without a ring on her finger. There are millions of stories of women complaining that their boyfriend doesn’t bring up marriage anymore since she “moved in” with him.
Don’t be naive. Don’t try to justify that living together is the same as getting married first. Would you like to bring a girl home to meet your parents by introducing her as your “live in”? A “real” would not make a whore out of the woman he loves. He would marry her first. Girls who would give it away for free are a dime a dozen.

Steven Young posted:

OOooooohhh no! Don’t do it this way Greg! Keep the moral precedent! Tell people that it is possible and good for people to not live together before marriage. Please! My wife and I did it, it can be done! It’s not financial suicide, yet statistics do show that the divorce rate is higher among those who live together.
When the mentality is that it’s a “trial run,” that mentality can follow into the marriage.
(anyone who wants to argue me on this, I will never remember to check back here and read up,)

earth native posted:

We can all see how far we have devolved in post-modern America. Over half the people in our country either doesn’t have a father in the house or they have no idea who their father is. Anybody can be a sperm donor but it takes a “real” man to be a father.
So many women, and I use the word women lightly, have no idea how to choose a man to be the father and provider of her 74 children. The family structure in post-modern America is the pits for the most part.
What the hell is wrong with women nowadays? They will go to bed with someone who pays for lunch. You can’t get much cheaper than that.
The stories are endless of young snot-nosed girls thinking the best way to hook a marriage partner is to go to bed with him - but they never figure out the reason her “boyfriend” never talks about getting married. Why should he? He’s getting what he wants without committing himself. When he can’t keep the gig going, he will simply boot her out of his bed and find another naive girl. This is not rocket science. That’s what guys do.
Guys want to marry someone they can respect, not someone easy. The guys who read this and don’t agree with what I’m saying are immature lads. Women should be looking for a man with character and integrity, not low-life studs.
Don’t your read the newspapers and and gossip sheets? This “play dating” in this hook up culture we have devolved into will continue to bring heartbreak to naive young girls and women. Why give it away when it’s better to hold out for a diamond wedding ring? Diamonds are forever. Losing your virginity to a low-life is also forever.

Wiselad posted:

people choose what they choose, and all points of view should respect what others elected to do, is their lives, not one’s……………. that being said…………………… IMO (my personal view) people should concentrate in finding happiness between themselves, and not depend on how others feel and treat you, and after that they can find someone they can share their own happiness with, and hope it is the same with that other person, if 2 people are willing to live together AS A ROMANTIC COUPLE, they should be willing to be husband and wife, sex should not be the most important thing, should be a way and an instrument to express physically the love and commitment 2 people feel for each other…………….. that being said, I see more highly 2 people unmarried and with an open relationship where they do not hide who they went with than a couple who gets married and one of them meets other people behind the back of the other; and more highly someone in a monogamous homosexual relationship than someone who is straight and highly promiscuous (not saying that these are my choices, just saying who I would see more highly)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I unsubbed from a channel but I did a quick scroll through the comment section first and found this:

Prejudice? Institutional racism? Get those loving facts out of here and stop derailing this discussion about how us whites have it just as bad as blacks!!

My mom tried to defend Golliwog dolls as "just dolls" in the car a few weeks ago. It ended quite quickly when she said "It's like claiming that having a toy dog is racist against dogs" and I just replied with "Well done equivocating black people with dogs!" and we just kinda dogpiled on her verbally. She wasn't being intentionally racist, just a bit thick headed about context.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Does it even occur to this person that women might enjoy having sex, rather than be providing it as a service? :psyduck:

Vanellope
Mar 26, 2015

I've just got pixlexia, okay?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Does it even occur to this person that women might enjoy having sex, rather than be providing it as a service? :psyduck:

Yes, but you see, women who enjoy sex are sluts.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Anyone who posts this poo poo wants to gently caress their child.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Blind Pineapple posted:

He hates Trump voters. He hates Pokemon Go players. Pokemon Go players are Trump voters.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

A few pages back but

Lottery of Babylon posted:

So they were all raised by stupid trash whores and of course have zero social skills at all, all the charm of diarehha, zero character, complete flakes, zero shame and just cuss like a sailor,

Lottery of Babylon posted:

whores whore whores poo poo oval office cunts poo poo loving

I thought that was funny

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Tiggum posted:

Right on! I’ve been one to always want to marry my women before moving in together, but last couple or 3 times necessity forced us to move in before marriage.

Second wife, third wife, who can remember anymore?

Also I'm blown away that there are people this decade who are purposely holding out on living together until marriage. I think my husband and I made it a year into dating before all my crap was basically at his apartment anyway.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

BioEnchanted posted:

My mom tried to defend Golliwog dolls as "just dolls" in the car a few weeks ago. It ended quite quickly when she said "It's like claiming that having a toy dog is racist against dogs" and I just replied with "Well done equivocating black people with dogs!" and we just kinda dogpiled on her verbally. She wasn't being intentionally racist, just a bit thick headed about context.

Hells yeah, loving showed her. OWNED

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
To bridge idiots on social media and lock downs, my school had three bomb threats in three weeks once. The guy who did the first one emailed it through a throwaway free account routed through a single proxy, but did it on a computer he owned, which probably would've worked if the volume of copycats hadn't gotten the FBI involved. The kids who did the second one called it in from a payphone the next town over, but were identified by security video from a nearby store. The guy who did the third one called it in from his home phone since he was suspended for something unrelated and then bragged about it on his Myspace.

Can you guess who was caught first?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Danyull posted:

My brother's friend's mother tagged him and his girlfriend in this.

\

I WILL BE YOUR WHAT???

RULES FOR DATING
       MIKE
     TYSON

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

To bridge idiots on social media and lock downs, my school had three bomb threats in three weeks once. The guy who did the first one emailed it through a throwaway free account routed through a single proxy, but did it on a computer he owned, which probably would've worked if the volume of copycats hadn't gotten the FBI involved. The kids who did the second one called it in from a payphone the next town over, but were identified by security video from a nearby store. The guy who did the third one called it in from his home phone since he was suspended for something unrelated and then bragged about it on his Myspace.

Can you guess who was caught first?

Unrelated Muslim kid egged on by a paid FBI informant?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Unrelated Muslim kid egged on by a paid FBI informant?

Nah, it was a farm town. We didn't have any Muslims to scapegoat and our first black kid didn't start high school until the next year. :banjo:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

This just in! Hillbilly is now a race. Good to know.

Now this from my newsfeed (posted in the Bad Political Opinions group on FB as well):

Rargh! Libtards! Hildabeast! Greasy haired hippies! We're the only rational ones left! BENGHAZIIIIIII!!!! (Maybe if we say it enough it'll come true) BENNNNGHHHAAAZZZIIIII!!!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Ularg posted:

You've probably spent the same amount of time and money on SA as he has with TF2.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
$hrillary Cunton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

poptart_fairy posted:

You've probably spent the same amount of time and money on SA as he has with TF2.

And our money combined is still less than yours.