Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Godinster posted:

That drunken David Arquette call was insufferable

Sounds more like he was tripping on acid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Man I know some people may be tired of the complaints about the show, but it really is sort of just slowly fizzling out into oblivion... "going out with a whimper" as it were.

Terrible guests: David Arquette, Avril Lavigne, etc.
Robin doing the show at home. Nobody in the Artie/Jackie chair. 2/3 days of shows a week. The censorship of old shows. HowardTV totally dead in the water. Most of the funny Wack Packers are gone/dead/banned.

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Oct 30, 2013

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

an adult beverage posted:

Man I know some people may be tired of the complaints about the show, but it really is sort of just slowly fizzling out into oblivion... "going out with a whimper" as it were.

Terrible guests: David Arquette, Avril Lavigne, etc.
Robin doing the show at home. Nobody in the Artie/Jackie chair. 2/3 days of shows a week. The censorship of old shows. HowardTV totally dead in the water. Most of the funny Wack Packers are gone/dead/banned.

Yet we still listen :negative:

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
What did robin say to benjy? I just heard them arguing about the apology but I can't figure out what she said. I'm sure I will hear it as I usually finish all 3 shows by friday just listening to bits and pieces.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Squashy Nipples posted:

Gotta keep Scott Depace employed.

You know, I don't usually wish ill on people, but I hope that as soon as Scott is unemployed, he has a long, expensive, and ultimately successful fight against cancer.
Meh, who am I kidding? His wife works and probably has great health care.

Richie Wilson was let go after 15 years. I don't know if he quit or was laid off or whatever, but he said this on twitter.

quote:

I really have no idea what the plan is. All I know is that we (the HTV guys) aren't recording, editing or producing

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Well between marrying Rachel Fine and inventing a moist wipe mitten called a "Shitten"(no, really) I'm sure he'll be OK.

e: also shots fired

e2: whoa, everyone's gone

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 31, 2013

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Time to go work for Imus

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Sean_Miller posted:

What did robin say to benjy? I just heard them arguing about the apology but I can't figure out what she said. I'm sure I will hear it as I usually finish all 3 shows by friday just listening to bits and pieces.

I didn't hear it "live" but I gather she basically said someone at the show disliked Alisa, and wouldn't say who or why, leaving Benjy to stew over it.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Finndo posted:

I didn't hear it "live" but I gather she basically said someone at the show disliked Alisa

It would be more surprising if someone actually liked her.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
@Garry_Puppet is being a DICK to Ritchie Wilson. Did anyone ever have reason to really dislike him?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Hard to imagine a twitter account named after a puppet would have nothing better to do but attack people online.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Just fans of the show mad at their own lovely lives attacking anyone they can for whatever reason. Richie was one of the most neutral members of the staff.

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
A lot of the Dawgsaloon types seem to be really angry that Richie's wife is hot.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

TheLakers posted:

A lot of the Dawgsaloon types seem to be really angry that Richie's wife is hot.

Yea, people are definitely mad about him outkicking his coverage.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

TheLakers posted:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

quote:

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — His lawyer claims a former New York City radio personality was duped by an undercover cop in a child sex sting.

Attorney Marc Agnifilo tells The Star-Ledger of Newark 77-year-old Dave Herman received a photo from a female officer who made it clear that the only way he could meet her was to engage in banter about the child.

Herman is accused of trying to transport a 7-year-old girl to the U.S. Virgin Islands for sex.

The pioneering personality at rock station WNEW-FM was arrested last week at the St. Croix airport. Federal authorities say Herman had expected to meet the girl and her mother flying in from New York.

Agnifilo says his client is eager to return to New Jersey to fight the charges.

I'm sure that defense will go over swimmingly in court.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Finndo posted:

I didn't hear it "live" but I gather she basically said someone at the show disliked Alisa, and wouldn't say who or why, leaving Benjy to stew over it.

Howard was quick to launch into defense of Elisa, saying everyone loves her and that she even writes material for the show. Of course, Howard from ten years ago would have stirred the pot and had Benji and Robin go at it, but we can't have that kind of radio anymore.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

Howard was quick to launch into defense of Elisa, saying everyone loves her and that she even writes material for the show. Of course, Howard from ten years ago would have stirred the pot and had Benji and Robin go at it, but we can't have that kind of radio anymore.

I support ignoring benjy completely instead of bashing him.

Richie Wilson always struck me as one of those 5'0 guys that always wants to fight everybody, but he never really bothered me that much.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Sand Monster posted:

You're telling me that Elisa "Online loving Sweetheart" is writing material for the show? Jesus.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

e2: whoa, everyone's gone

Did Howard even comment on this at all? He's such a piece of poo poo when it comes to his staff.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

kylej posted:

Did Howard even comment on this at all? He's such a piece of poo poo when it comes to his staff.

Woah, woah, woah; stop the clock. This isn't Howard's fault. He's not the boss. He's not in charge.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope they all got some nice Stilettos as parting gifts.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I really hope we don't have to wait until midway through the century for a tell-all book to come out. I'm dying just to know what the routine and rationale for the hair is.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

an adult beverage posted:

You're telling me that Elisa "Online loving Sweetheart" is writing material for the show? Jesus.

Straight from Howard's mouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijJhmDrcgBI

kylej posted:

I hope they all got some nice Stilettos as parting gifts.

NSAL calendars.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Okay, I have a game for everyone. Of the following four products, which, in order, would you MOST hate to purchase, therefore supporting financially and promoting socially:

- Beth's dog book
- Scott's video caddy
- Lisa G's cookie book
- Robin's vegucation book

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

GenoCanSing posted:

Okay, I have a game for everyone. Of the following four products, which, in order, would you MOST hate to purchase, therefore supporting financially and promoting socially:

- Beth's dog book
- Scott's video caddy
- Lisa G's cookie book

Robin's vegucation book would probably occupy every spot on my list, but just to play along it's Robin, then Lisa G then Beth and then Scott.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

GenoCanSing posted:

- Beth's dog book
- Scott's video caddy
- Lisa G's cookie book

I would be least offended by having to buy the video caddy. I think the overall list would go Beth, Lisa, Robin, and Scott. Or Beth, Robin, Lisa, and Scott. That's a tough one.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
I never understood why HowardTV didn't grab a subscription-based channel on cable/satellite and do live feeds of the radio show as it was happening, ala Mike and Mike on ESPN2 in the mornings. They were already recording the entire show, and it seems like they spent a ton of time doing "behind the scenes" interviews and stuff that no one was that interested in.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mochiloc posted:

I never understood why HowardTV didn't grab a subscription-based channel on cable/satellite and do live feeds of the radio show as it was happening, ala Mike and Mike on ESPN2 in the mornings. They were already recording the entire show, and it seems like they spent a ton of time doing "behind the scenes" interviews and stuff that no one was that interested in.

This would have been fantastic. Either Howard refused to do it because Imus did it first, or Howard refused to let anything be seen by outsiders until after it had been carefully reviewed and edited.

Or maybe he couldn't get a deal for as much money doing it that way. :shrug:

Upon further review, it's almost certainly the third thing. A subscription-based show would probably get him less money up-front, with greater possible earnings later on, but less guaranteed money.

VVVV Now I'm not so sure about my conclusion. You have a good point.

prefect fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 31, 2013

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

prefect posted:

This would have been fantastic. Either Howard refused to do it because Imus did it first, or Howard refused to let anything be seen by outsiders until after it had been carefully reviewed and edited.

Or maybe he couldn't get a deal for as much money doing it that way. :shrug:

I bet it's the editing part. I know he ripped into the Howard TV guys for taping that TV monitor right next to his desk.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
It may also have been in his agreement with Sirius - I'm sure they didn't want people to be able to have another avenue to listen to the live show, they probably had some exclusivity written into his contract.

Not that he read his contract or anything (WHY AM I NOT PAID FOR THE SIRIUS-XM MERGER!!!)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I'm still kind of shocked as to how little The King of All Media has done with the Internet.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

haljordan posted:

I'm still kind of shocked as to how little The King of All Media has done with the Internet.

What are you talking about? Don't you know that HowardStern.com is more popular than Yahoo?

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

That explains why Depace seemed really mad and bitter on the Wrap Up show before. I'm sure stories will start to come out from anyone not brought on for whatever bullshit is replacing Howard TV.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

mrfreeze posted:

That explains why Depace seemed really mad and bitter on the Wrap Up show before. I'm sure stories will start to come out from anyone not brought on for whatever bullshit is replacing Howard TV.

They probably won't replace it with anything, or we'll just get "Wait till you see what's coming!!" right up until the day Howard gives up his show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mrfreeze posted:

Depace has terrible politics and argues like an idiot, but he's also one of very few people who will actually argue with Howard when there's a disagreement. I don't agree with his opinions, but the fact that he doesn't back down in the face of opposition is genuinely good for the show.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
It definitely seems like everyone is more scared to speak up than they used to be, and a lot more is off-limits. It just feels weird and creepy when everyone is talking around a subject. I feel bad for the underlings who were brought up on the "anything goes so long as it's real" propaganda and are now having to talk out their asses like a White House Press Secretary about half the topics on the show.

Also, because so much is now off limits, they are overdoing the stuff that remains on-limits. I never thought I'd get sick of Eric the Actor, Sal's idiocy and Tradio calls, but that's where I am now.

The stuff involving Beth and the NSAL is just cringeworthy. It's an odd show to use as a vehicle for charity to begin with, but if he's going to do it, why doesn't he throw his weight behind a more worthy cause, like cancer research?

Maybe it's just the thread-hate rubbing off on me, but I'm down on the show for the first time since they went to cable er satellite. Thanks guys!

Finndo fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 31, 2013

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Finndo posted:

It's an odd show to use as a vehicle for charity to begin with, but if he's going to do it, why doesn't he throw his weight behind a more worthy cause, like cancer research?

Because it is a make-work project that gives his bored wife something to do since he doesn't want to give her kids?

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Manifest posted:

@Garry_Puppet is being a DICK to Ritchie Wilson. Did anyone ever have reason to really dislike him?

In the sea of dirtbags that is dawgsaloon, Gary Puppet is the dirtiest of bags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Finndo posted:

It definitely seems like everyone is more scared to speak up than they used to be, and a lot more is off-limits. It just feels weird and creepy when everyone is talking around a subject. I feel bad for the underlings who were brought up on the "anything goes so long as it's real" propaganda and are now having to talk out their asses like a White House Press Secretary about half the topics on the show.

Also, because so much is now off limits, they are overdoing the stuff that remains on-limits. I never thought I'd get sick of Eric the Actor, Sal's idiocy and Tradio calls, but that's where I am now.

The stuff involving Beth and the NSAL is just cringeworthy. It's an odd show to use as a vehicle for charity to begin with, but if he's going to do it, why doesn't he throw his weight behind a more worthy cause, like cancer research?

Maybe it's just the thread-hate rubbing off on me, but I'm down on the show for the first time since they went to cable er satellite. Thanks guys!

Think of how badly Sal was looked upon for making fun of Beth during a roast, where Artie's dead loving father was the subject of a thousand different jokes. Stern sure had no problem laughing out loud at those jokes.