Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Migishu posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1243275397/air-umbrella

yes, let me blow water on other people instead of letting me get rained on

it won't even blow water on other people though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
oh my god I'm dying
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/armenc/kuff-the-future-of-wearable-storage

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
spoiler alert: it's literally a msata drive with a watch strap

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Migishu posted:

im the umbrella that only works for 15-30 min

CorelDRAW McGraw
Oct 12, 2014

the composition book is a nice touch and definitely makes me confident that this dude will come through

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

sitting on a park bench, eating an entire pizza this guy got asked if he had any weed

he threw the pizza at the teenager and ran for his life

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

i dont understand why this needs to be on your wrist. i don't get it at all, i cannot think of any benefits of the thing being on your wrist and i am thinking of how awkward it is when you plug it in, i hate this thing

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Boxturret posted:

im the umbrella that only works for 15-30 min
30 if you're normal, 15 if you're female

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

i dont understand why this needs to be on your wrist. i don't get it at all, i cannot think of any benefits of the thing being on your wrist and i am thinking of how awkward it is when you plug it in, i hate this thing

I have hung my usb or flash drives from my neck, my keychain, and even my laptop bags; all of which i never felt safe doing so for reasons i would lose it, or it would get stolen. So I went on to doing what I thought was the impossible, make something I needed.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is it a SmartWatch? Simply put, No.
KUFF's future model will feature an LED display for presenting custom con tent

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I am a traveling professional, engaging in startups across the globe, I carry a KUFF with me at all times - and the question i get asked at least once a day is "Excuse me, is that a watch?!>?"

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Even Apple recently released an iWatch which marks a new age in wearable technology -- everyone is constantly on the go, and everyone wants it! KUFF is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX operating systems. :-)

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ahmeni posted:

I have hung my usb or flash drives from my neck, my keychain, and even my laptop bags; all of which i never felt safe doing so for reasons i would lose it, or it would get stolen. So I went on to doing what I thought was the impossible, make something I needed.
lmbo i wanted to post that

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
OPEN SOURCE WHAT!!!???!?!?!? YES, KUFF WILL BE FULLY OPEN SOURCE.

It's going to be so much more than a SmartWatch. Fully Open Source, Developers can write anything to launch from a KUFF.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
whole thing is a bit off teh kuff dont you think :smugmrgw:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

ahmeni posted:

if only someone would invent the pocket

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Soricidus posted:

if only someone would invent the pocket

gently caress that, backpacks or travel cases with things that zip close

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Nintendo Kid posted:

there is no double dipping going on moron

moran, it's the only way IBM can guarantee you hamster free optimum business website traffics.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
approximately 0 software devs understand what 'open source hardware' means

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

JawnV6 posted:

what is open source hardware? HAM Radio poo poo?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
the first order guess is 'shape ways cad model I can 3d print' and that's like saying Arduino prototypes can be shipped

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

it won't even blow water on other people though

Big and fast raindrops will be blown to a near distance while those small and slow raindrops will be blown to a farther distance. Generally speaking, most raindrops will be blown to 50-70 centimeters away. If two persons are more than two shoulders away from each other, they will not affect each other. Also, nearby pedestrians will also take umbrellas if it is raining heavily. In this way, the rain will not be blown to other pedestrians. If nearby pedestrians do not take umbrella and close, they will be affected more or less, but they will get wet in a rainy day if not taking umbrella anyway.

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Migishu posted:

i swear i saw this like a year ago and it didnt make its goal

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
why doesn't he just buy an iPhone armband and jam a cheap portable hdd in it

not only would it be cheap as gently caress but it wouldn't block your wrist movement

alternate option: just stuff your drive in a bag/pocket/purse/whatever like a normal person

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

JawnV6 posted:

did the stuff we released of the hardware assets for Rift DK1 make sense? I don't know which formats are meaningful, but IIRC it's pretty much everything we sent to the assembly process.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Migishu posted:

sharing economy bitch

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Subjunctive posted:

did the stuff we released of the hardware assets for Rift DK1 make sense? I don't know which formats are meaningful, but IIRC it's pretty much everything we sent to the assembly process.

ship teh mentographics archive

lol jk mentorgraphics is a dumpster fire please dont

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

JawnV6 posted:

what are you talking about he posted the hardware schematics right here

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Sniep posted:

what is open source hardware? HAM Radio poo poo?

posting board files and BOMs and stuff and probably dealing with pull requests and maintaining a community of contributors who want to make improvements or whatever

codl
Jul 28, 2013

http://www.kuff.co/ posted:

Store your BITCOINS the only real safe way, on your wrist.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

well going this route itd be even safer to store them on an animal rfid tag in your skin
i dont know if they really have anywhere near enough storage tho

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I can carry nearly 80 gigs of data in my kuff, implant, wrist wired, I had to dump a chunk of long term memory.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
went to wipe my rear end and got some poo on my kuff send help

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

went to wipe my rear end and got some poo on my kuff send help

working as expected

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Subjunctive posted:

firmware and electrical are good (didn't check for a drill file w/ the gerbers, but the altium source is better anyway), but mechanical is just step files

it's like delivering a binary blob or omitting your build scripts. it's enough for someone to chuck it at a 3D printer and get a reasonable facsimile, but it's not the native CAD that a ME would be able to modify

even beyond the native CAD for the objects themselves, if we're setting the bar as "enable a competitor to go directly to manufacture," there's the tool CAD, probably closer to a build script in SW

i'll send you a lecture on the topic if you want to know more from an actual ME

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

From LA w/ <3.

. might be a tiny (c)?

who else did this besides Zune

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Ruby got Railed posted:

From LA w/ <3.

. might be a tiny (c)?

who else did this besides Zune

most apple products.

several motorola devices.

a few consoles through the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

going through kickstarters to look for funny things, the first thing in tech is a roomba with a projector attached running android
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/keecker/keecker-the-worlds-first-homepod?ref=category_featured

• Locked thread