Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BlazetheInferno posted:

They definitely played favorites with the most recent games for the cast, instead of picking the highlights throughout the series.

Can you guys imagine Hector in a Warriors game? Hell, The Black Knight in a Warriors game?

Now I'm wondering which characters are actually beloved beyond my own biases. Are people huge Fiona fans? Is Artur a fan favorite and I just didn't realize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Spend 40-odd minutes surviving He Fei Castle on Very Hard, earn great rewards!

:buddy:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So did anyone get Touken Ranbu Warriors? I see it's out now on Steam and I'm curious to know if Omega Force has something up their sleeves after 9 Empires.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Zhuge Kongming earned a reputation as one of the greatest tacticians of the Three Kingdoms period of third-century China. Having led his army through countless grueling victories, Kongming falls gravely ill during the Battle of Wuzhang Plains. The weariness and regret stemming from the seemingly never-ending war catch up to him, and as he draws his final breath, Kongming wishes that if he were to reincarnate, he would be reborn in a more peaceful era.

His wish comes true, and Kongming wakes up in modern-day Tokyo with a younger body and his memories intact. Thrust into an unfamiliar world, he finds his way into a nightclub and meets Eiko Tsukimi, an aspiring singer whose performance immediately captivates him. Pitying his confusion, Eiko takes Kongming under her wing and teaches him about the current world, which leads to Kongming's interest in contemporary music. Seeing Eiko's immense musical potential, Kongming vows to make the world recognize her and soon takes on the role of her manager.

Unsurprisingly, the music industry is unforgiving to those who make even the slightest mistakes. Still, Kongming is determined to accomplish his goals—even if he must utilize the war stratagems he famously used in his previous life!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Holy poo poo I saw like a 30 second clip of that on Youtube out of context and wondered if it really was supposed to be Zhuge Liang, but didn't care enough to follow up on it. Unless it has like across the board stellar reviews though I probably won't watch it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

Holy poo poo I saw like a 30 second clip of that on Youtube out of context and wondered if it really was supposed to be Zhuge Liang, but didn't care enough to follow up on it. Unless it has like across the board stellar reviews though I probably won't watch it.

It does. I think it's generally considered one of the best shows of the season.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Flytrap posted:

It does. I think it's generally considered one of the best shows of the season.

It's an amazing show and manga, well worth the time if you like to see Kongming be extra.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

There is a rap sequence that is so amazingly translated that it deserved a watch based on that alone.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah, it's real good. Also the OP is catchy as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUXlT3ey_aI

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
It's a funny and relatively low-stakes story with plenty of silly poo poo for 3K fans to point at and go "!!!" about, so I would definitely give it a try. The only real complaint I have so far is that for a series that is at least partly about loving music in all its forms, the musical pieces featured thus far aren't really anything out of the ordinary for anime and are pretty safe as far as genre selection goes. Though who knows, I've not read the comic so maybe Kongming starts getting big into dubsteb or legally-distinct-from-Babymetal or something later on.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Takoluka posted:

There is a rap sequence that is so amazingly translated that it deserved a watch based on that alone.

Also yeah the localization on the sequence referred to here is a literal triumph. It's tough to imagine how much work must have gone into it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I hate musicals.

Except for the customizable ending in DW(3? 4?) where people are dancing around a campfire. That's ok.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Persona 5 Strikers is on sale on PS4 until the 9th of June so I'm gonna finally grab it

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I have around 25 troop requests left for the platinum for WO3U….so close.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Spend 40-odd minutes surviving He Fei Castle on Very Hard, earn great rewards!

:buddy:

For that level of weapon, that isn't foul.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Bloodly posted:

For that level of weapon, that isn't foul.

But being "rewarded" with that level of weapon is.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Demo for new Fire Emblem Warriors game is out

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Morter posted:

Demo for new Fire Emblem Warriors game is out

Tried it. Sizable enough demo, goes through the prologue and up to right before the first main path mission. It seems to have taken a page from Hyrule warriors BOTW edition and had little things on the map to collect, but just as you win the mini battles on the way to objectives you get rewards, instead of always paying for them.

Its... alright. The gameplay didn't blow me away but its perfectly serviceable. I'm just hard to please. It is leaning very hard on the three houses side, with a base camp that lets you cook meals and train up your classes between major battle, with resources to upgrade it. Supports and all. (Though not every support level with each character has a conversation, most do.)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wonder if there will be a fishing minigame

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

free at last, free at last!

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

KingShiro posted:

free at last, free at last!
:krad:

-sigh-

Seeing your WO3 platinum has forced me into putting the time in so I can get these last 3 + 1 achievements for DW8XL.
- Get all non-DLC 6* weapons
- Finish all objectives on Xtreme Legends stages
- Finish all Xtreme Legends stages with an A rank

The fourth achievement is just "u did it" for getting the rest.

The objectives one will probably be the most tedious, especially if it involves getting 100+ kills with a Storm Rush. Enemy officers love switching weapons at the last moment.

Edit:
It took me just under 453 hours (of which I'm guessing some 250 were probably just me fooling around in DLC stages etc.) but it's done, it's finally over and I can get back to doing what I do best; mindlessly charging around the battlefield with a big stick on the highest difficulty, whilst ignoring any objectives that aren't immediately critical.

If this experience has taught me anything, it's that some characters are horrendously unfun to play as for an assortment of reasons (e.g. Xu Zhu is just painfully slow at doing anything), and others are loving useless at dealing with specific individual targets because they'd much rather leap around all over the loving place in some flashy display of athleticism instead of just getting on with the job of twatting enemy officers in the mouth (Zhang Bao, Guan Xing). Any time-based objectives were sheer misery to endure when playing as these chucklefucks.

Then there's Zhu Ran who takes the shittiness to completely new heights.

Anyway, that's the end of that. I think I'll give it some time before I push on and get 100% in DW8E though...

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 20, 2022

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I heard Three Hopes is supposed to be pretty okay and my favorite musou games are probably DW3:XL, Hyrule Warriors and PW3, so I suppose I should check it out.

To prepare I played through Three Houses on Normal/Casual (basically easy mode) and really liked it.

I named my Byleth "Blyat". I hope that carries over into Three Hopes

edit: turns out there's a thread for this game, sorry!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4004208

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I liked the demo a lot, and it seems like it’s getting better than average reviews for a musou game, so I’m optimistic. The demo imported my byleth’s name from my 3h save (unless “Zelda” happens to be her default name in three hopes, which i cannot imagine to be true), so that was pretty cool.

Seems like the biggest complaint I see in reviews is that character move sets get a little samey but I’ll take that over the problem with I had with AOC, where character moves were rich and varied but I didn’t like most of them

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

So far, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes is fun. A bit of a lot of dialogue but this is meant to be closer to the Fire Emblem games than the first Warriors game was, I imagine.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1879330/WARRIORS_OROCHI_3_Ultimate_Definitive_Edition/

Note: In this title, online co-op play, online versus play, and some online features for "Musou Battlefields" are not supported.

WO3 is considered the better one, yeah?

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 12, 2022

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Jack Trades posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1879330/WARRIORS_OROCHI_3_Ultimate_Definitive_Edition/

Note: In this title, online co-op play, online versus play, and some online features for "Musou Battlefields" are not supported.

Yes, I kinda liked WO4 myself, but this is really the main Warriors Orochi title you'd want to play if possible. Good to see it's on PC now.

wielder fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 12, 2022

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
How's Gauntlet mode in comparison to WO4's Infinity Mode or w/e?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Gauntlet mode can get annoying fishing for certain enemy types if you’re going for request completion. I haven’t done a lot of the infinity tower stuff in 4, but I hear the crafting grind is awful.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I'd get WO3UDE if they released it on the Switch

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

My biggest complaint on 3hopes thus far, chapter 8 with Edel, is it feels like there's a ton of poo poo to do between maps compared to AoC, activities, checking supply, training, checking the owl, blacksmithing, the list just seems to get bigger every chapter and with supports and all the dialogue it feels exhausting to play. On the other hand, I guess it's not boring and while I've never played any of the Fremblems I've seen enough of them to say, yeah, this feels like what I've seen. Much more so than the first one which felt... kinda like an awkward in-between. People who like fire emblems will probably find it a bit more palatable than the first fire warriors. Though it's still a musou game, obviously.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Jack Trades posted:

I guess I can buy this game a 4th time.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

PureRok posted:

I guess I can buy this game a 4th time.

The modern game industry in a nutshell

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
lol sixty aud for the like, eighth rerelease of wo3

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Any word if this has cross-save compatibility with the PS3/4 version? Did the Switch version have cross-save?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I can guarantee you it does not

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

kirbysuperstar posted:

lol sixty aud for the like, eighth rerelease of wo3

Perhaps the funniest thing about this is that the Steam community boards (yeah, I know) are mainly asking Koei to remaster/definitive edition earlier games.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
We're all getting older, and there's this huge trend of trying to go back to the past. With the future also looking kind of bleak, and we've done lots of things, one can argue this.

Of course, it's not like some things shouldn't perhaps be redone or reclaimed, but the ones listed are pretty recent.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I mean also the recent mainline games have not exactly been received warmly.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I can't disagree with either of those posts, I just find an almost tragic comedy in Whatever-Team-KOEI-Hired-to-remaster-this going through all that labor, handing it to the masses and the masses going "Great :haw: now work on these other 5 projects, chop chop!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

That's the general public when you give them anything though.