Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Pulled on this really wanting Celes' BSB since Runic is basically the only thing I don't have and I already have her BSB1.

3/11

Mutsunokami
Ragnarok
Ragnarok

fuuuuck yes! Was fully expecting my recent bad luck to hold.

Down to 85 mythril though, so I'm probably only pulling once on Banner 4 and on the BSB Lucky, then it's saving and hoping I have enough to throw a pull or two at Cloud's USB. When is that supposed to drop now, anyway? I thought it was meant to come before the fest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

It comes July 4th.

I'm debating on whether to pull on this banner for the runic. Does it appear again any time soonish?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Was hoping for Celes BSB's, or Relm or Celes LM, but Mog BSB will have to do. Also got a dupe Death Tarot, and now just have too many dupes to risk another pull.

Now just to wait for Mog to catch up to...sigh...Eiko's level of attention.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

2 fixed dice and a death tarot/11

thanks game

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Gonna pull on luckies before I give ffvi banner a pull. I currently have no dupes on it, and if that changes I might not wanna pull.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Alright goons, I'm a little bummed here and needing a bit of direction on anything I should really look out for or need here. I am a little bummed out that I never got a Shout, and Onion Knight's BSB is coming up again for another rotation, but am I correct in wanting to wait out for Cloud? Ideally I'd love a wind team that was cohesive, but a general sense of direction would be pretty rad. Additionally should I avoid the Curaga banner based on the gear I have?

Are there some elemental team comps I have that I'm not seein?

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 23, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Servaetes posted:

Additionally should I avoid the Curaga banner based on the gear I have?

You have Vanille and Eiko BSBs so you're mostly set.

For elements, you've got an Imperil Ice and an Ice BSB that gets better hitting a weakness (that imperil provides). And an Ice OSB. Get an ATK/MAG boost somewhere and you'll be in a good spot. Or just use Ramza USB.

Squall
Laguna
Reynn
Ramza
Eiko or Vanille

Bam, Ice team.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Benthalus posted:

Screw all you Edgar haters! The point of the Chainsaw is not for the poison imperil (that's a nice bonus), it is that even the normal Attack command shows him with the mask and tree-grinder. Have some nostalgic appreciation!

I'm happier to receive that than Cid Raines' SSB fist and Gabranth BSB (great with Sephiroth's endark gloves and OSB).

The poison imperil is a ssb, not his bsb.

Also I thought the jumo starts were supposed to be hard. With yuna and her Usb and y'shtola with aetheral pulse and stone skin, I was completely unkillable. And if I did die, it wouldn't matter cause of yuna.

And that ontop of faris and zell's imperils, as well as luneth's en-element bsb and it was no problem. Hell I could have let zell stacked the imperils and brought freya with her en-element ssb and my r2 sky high! I mean I did use sky high, but only twice on luneth. Still, 4x9999 dmg was a very nice sight to see.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I got Mog BSB, Relm USB and two of Celes LMR. Not the best pull but I know people like Mog so I can probably fit him onto Multiplayer setups sometimes.

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
I've been lacking in VI synergy for some time and it's a good banner, so I did an 11 draw.

5/11, death tarot, both LMRs, and two Mog BSB rods. Very nice!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Y'all pulling Mog relics really make me want to pull.

Gotta stay strong for the BSB Lucky and then phase 1 though. There should be just enough incoming Mythril before the VI event ends to make one pull, although whether I'll pull for Mog or for Reks is hard to say right now. Leaning towards Mog, though.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

1/11 Seymour BSB from Imperil Lucky draw, kinda cool 'cause I have Gaffgarion's en-dark BSB and Gabranth's imperil BSB as well to stack imperil higher. Will need to give a full dark team a try at some point.

Additionally, Sabin, I think a "bear" like you will be very helpful :heysexy:

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I gave in and pulled...

Got nothing I wanted 3/11 celes lmr, cyan ssb mblink, and a dupe setzer ssb card.

I guess at least if i ever do end up getting a celes bsb2 or ssb I'll be set and I guess I can give her snowspell strike now.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Celes BSB2 and both Setzer relics. I didn't have either, so a good pull. :toot:

Shame I won't be able to barf mblinks when I'm on Heal Duty, but them's the shakes, I guess.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Does celes' bsb2 and mog's bsb come back? I have a poo poo ton of stuff for relm already, and I got cyans kinda ok ssb from the dollar draw. So apart from those two items, I don't want/need anything else.

Edit: also I was dumb and bought gems, never ever do that, especially for dollar pulls. It's such a waste.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
so celes bsb2 functions in the same way as indomitable blade in that it both draws single target blk/wht magic and absorbs it?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Montblanc got Dancer 5. And Black 5, but that was obvious.

I don't even know where Dancer came from. The Juggler Job? Gadgeteer? Just a Moogle thing? I won't say no to a new Dancer.

(Marche is Combat/Knight 5, White/Ninja 4)

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Wonder when we'll get Mog RM3 and record spheres. If he didn't get them in this event, it's probably gonna be a while. Anyone know if Mog gets any new utility with record spheres when they release?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

HPanda posted:

Wonder when we'll get Mog RM3 and record spheres. If he didn't get them in this event, it's probably gonna be a while. Anyone know if Mog gets any new utility with record spheres when they release?

His RM3 is already out.

His Record Sphere gives him access to Dragoon 5 if you care about that. His weakish ATK stat prevents him from really making use of it, but it's there for some flavour.

His Legend Dive (if we get that, since to my memory it was also part of a collab) gives him a chance to use a Medica whenever he uses a Dance.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

His RM3 is already out.

His Record Sphere gives him access to Dragoon 5 if you care about that. His weakish ATK stat prevents him from really making use of it, but it's there for some flavour.

His Legend Dive (if we get that, since to my memory it was also part of a collab) gives him a chance to use a Medica whenever he uses a Dance.

Huh, crazy. I somehow completely overlooked him getting that. Well hooray then. Thanks for the heads up.

That Legend Dive sounds really good. Hopefully he'll get it sometime before it becomes irrelevant.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Snazzy Frocks posted:

so celes bsb2 functions in the same way as indomitable blade in that it both draws single target blk/wht magic and absorbs it?

Exact same effect

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Hell loving yes that healers circlet has been my white loving whale forever. No regrets.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
1/11 - Vanille BSB. Not too shabby.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
XII is one of my last realms I needed a medica for. Half the relics on this curaga banner are dupes, but there's a good chance of getting one of these so lets go for it. I pull and four rainbows come out:

Larsa SSB
Penelo SSB
Larsa BSB
Larsa BSB

I guess that takes care of that!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Sprite141 posted:

Does celes' bsb2 and mog's bsb come back? I have a poo poo ton of stuff for relm already, and I got cyans kinda ok ssb from the dollar draw. So apart from those two items, I don't want/need anything else.

"Probably". They were together again on a banner for the 30th Anniversary/Golden Week fest Japan just had (Along with Terra/Bartz/Rosa USBs and a bunch of good BSBs - the 30th Anniversary banners were real good) and unlike normal festival banners, these ones are themed so they're a little more likely to stay relatively consistent.

The next FF6 event is Shadow/Setzer/Cyan/Gau oriented (alongside stuff for Gogo and Umaro, obviously), though Relm's USB and Mog's SSB come back there.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Edward and Mog's Legend Spheres were connected to the latest BRA*BRA event.

That should speak pretty thoroughly of the chances we have of getting them on time, though usually those collabs are good about giving us things "eventually" (though still no Bard Motes).

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
3/11 Aeris USB, Relm USB (?!), Ovelia SSB.

Wow. SSB is the missing medica for an amazing Tactics CM team and it has party MBlink.

Gonna call this Karma for the absolute trash Nightmare lucky pulls.

E: Today's highway boss was actually kind of a dick. Some quite annoying abilities. Is that guy really from IV? It's my favorite game in the series and I have no recollection of that thing.

Neutral Zone Trap fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jun 23, 2017

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

He's a super boss from the 3ds remake.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Dupe vanille BSB, Minwu SSB, Penelo SSB, Ovelia SSB. I needed medicas for FFII and FFT, so I guess that's a win. Would've loved some of the top prizes (that weren't dupes) but what can ya do.

I went 150 mythril deep on the FFTA banner in JP. Walked away with Agrias USB and LMR on the first pull, then 2x agrias USB and 2x Marche SSB on the second pull, then 1/11 with Ramza USB. Alas, missed Marche USB, Ramza BSB2, and Ramza LMR, but I now have a 6*++ holy sword with 224 attack outside of synergy, so that's something I guess?

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
So, I shouldnt complain: 3/11, Eiko USB, Larsa BSB, and Ancient Lute (I medica!)

But uh, I already had 2 Larsas, uncombined for synergy's sake. And I had a 6+ Eiko USB

I made the best Eiko I could at any rate, I could Stone the gloves and I dont have the mastery bonus that her SSB could bring me if I had it, but still, these stats are insane

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Got CM done for the XIII highway with 99 Lightning and 50 Vanille. Along for the ride were Snow, Hope and Sazh at ~10.

Lightning hits hard.

Time to resume leveling for the VIII CM. The IV CM probably isn't worth attempting for me.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Pulls of the day. :toot:

Interestingly, it looks like the FF6 already made it on the lucky draw. Relms got some new toys.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

I realized I'll enough get Mythril to pull once in both Banner 3 & 4 even if I pulled in all luckies, so I said gently caress it and jumped on the dupe minefield that was the Curaga LD:

Miraculously got no dupes in my 2/11 with Rosa's Burst and Penelo's Holy SSB Rod.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Will celes' bsb2 be on tomorrow's lucky draw?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

fridge corn posted:

Hard to say. Usually there's a limit on lucky draws of "nothing introduced after [date]" But then Relm's USB had to go and show up.

Honestly I would assume relms addition was an accident and it won't repeat.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

yshtola is a dupe but relm usb is nice. don't have any other relics for her tho

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

fridge corn posted:

Yep

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

GreenBuckanneer posted:

yshtola is a dupe but relm usb is nice. don't have any other relics for her tho

I love that Italians are canon in FF universes, just like that guy in FFXV who sells you gems, but has the most stereotypical brooklyn guido accent.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

1/11 dupe Palom Hastega SSB. Shouldn't have pulled because i already had over half of the relics. But Always Pull.

Also was drawn in by Celes's enticing new BSB2 since I don't have any source of Runic so pulled.

5/12, Celes BSB1, Relm LMR, Cyan SSB, Setzer SSB's (both of them).

How are you supposed to use Celes BSB? She can't build gauge for poo poo. I guess she has to get a Dr. Mog's/Mako Might? I usually reserve those for Tyro with Wall and my healer for emergency medica.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
My last medica draw if I recall correctly was 4 dupes. This time I got 5 orbs, only one was a dupe. :toot:

I got yuna's curada ssb, which since I have her usb I don't expect to use.

I got aeris' usb, which is awsome though I might still use her bsb from time to time.

I got vanille's bsb, which is loving amazing and a realm I was missing a medica for!

And finally I got y'shyola's amazing bsb, which is another realm I was missing a medica in! And now I have a complete y'shtola too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Thundercracker posted:

I love that Italians are canon in FF universes, just like that guy in FFXV who sells you gems, but has the most stereotypical brooklyn guido accent.

There's opera. Of course Italians are cannon.

• Locked thread