Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Jliznel posted:

they dont give out sero plans anymore they use wireless advantage plans or SWAC

Not what he was asking, everyone knows that. He's talking about selling his existing SERO plan to someone else via a transfer of liability. Though I thought Sprint had stopped letting you do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

Q_res posted:

Not what he was asking, everyone knows that. He's talking about selling his existing SERO plan to someone else via a transfer of liability. Though I thought Sprint had stopped letting you do that.

My bad yo no need to be so snippy, They still do transfer of liability I did one last week for a customer.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Jliznel posted:

at a service and repair store they CANNOT by any means give you a new one for a repair, If you ask they will say no. They have a different inventory then the new, and the 2 cannot be mixed for any reason. If they are giving you a new device it will be via the same channels the order went through.

Might be different per region then cause in ours if the device is on back order you can give the customer a new one with no blow back.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Jliznel posted:

My bad yo no need to be so snippy, They still do transfer of liability I did one last week for a customer.

Nobody's being snippy. If you can do a TOL for a SERO plan maybe you can help him out.

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

Biodome posted:

Might be different per region then cause in ours if the device is on back order you can give the customer a new one with no blow back.

yea def could be then I'm in the New York market

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Jliznel posted:

Any idea what people are paying for them? I'm not looking to get rich but absorbing part of the cost of her new phone would be nice. Plus its a shame to just kill the line and lose a sero if someone could actually use it and had decent sprint service where they live. Hell we'd of kept it if the service wasnt total poo poo where she works.

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

EbolaIvory posted:

Any idea what people are paying for them? I'm not looking to get rich but absorbing part of the cost of her new phone would be nice. Plus its a shame to just kill the line and lose a sero if someone could actually use it and had decent sprint service where they live. Hell we'd of kept it if the service wasnt total poo poo where she works.

Honestly I don't :-(. Lol I never thought to sell my old SERO plans I have

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

The Nexus 5 is $100 right now and I'm thinking of upgrading, is it a good device in general or are there fatal flaws that pass everyone off? I'm in Dallas which has spotty LTE coverage and has Sprint Spark, does the Nexus 5 do well with switching between 3G and LTE often? Does it have a good radio in general, well more accurately, has anyone who upgraded from the Galaxy Nexus noticed that it gets better signals in consistently weak areas?

I haven't really looked at the other phones available since I like the idea of keeping it Nexus (even though the Sprint Galaxy Nexus isn't really a Nexus), but if I should look at other phones I'm open to it.

For as many fatal flaws as the Sprint Galaxy Nexus has given me, my God it has been a much smoother ride than the drat Touch Pro 2 I used for like 3 years.

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
The Nexus 5 is fine; it's one of the consistently recommended phones in the Android phone thread.

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

DanAdamKOF posted:

The Nexus 5 is $100 right now and I'm thinking of upgrading, is it a good device in general or are there fatal flaws that pass everyone off? I'm in Dallas which has spotty LTE coverage and has Sprint Spark, does the Nexus 5 do well with switching between 3G and LTE often? Does it have a good radio in general, well more accurately, has anyone who upgraded from the Galaxy Nexus noticed that it gets better signals in consistently weak areas?

I haven't really looked at the other phones available since I like the idea of keeping it Nexus (even though the Sprint Galaxy Nexus isn't really a Nexus), but if I should look at other phones I'm open to it.

For as many fatal flaws as the Sprint Galaxy Nexus has given me, my God it has been a much smoother ride than the drat Touch Pro 2 I used for like 3 years.

effika is right its a great phone I hardly ever seen any come in for repair.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Medullah posted:

I think I read in the thread earlier that they made it near impossible to transfer SERO nowadays? I haven't seen them for sale in quite a while.
That's because you can only transfer them to other SERO line owners.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
I got my new Note 3 set up and transferred the sim card from my old Flex.

The problem I'm having now is that the Note 3 never connects to 3g. On my old flex phone it used to switch the 3g when there was no 4g connection available. Now when I have no 4G available, the note 3 simply has no data connection. I tried putting the phone in CDMA only mode and it never even picked up a data connection. So right now I have 4G or nothing, and given how lovely sprints 4G connection is, I often have no data at all.

The connection optimizer is turned off. Any ideas what's wrong?

Wankie
Sep 11, 2002

Look Glenn we're saved!

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I got my new Note 3 set up and transferred the sim card from my old Flex.

The problem I'm having now is that the Note 3 never connects to 3g. On my old flex phone it used to switch the 3g when there was no 4g connection available. Now when I have no 4G available, the note 3 simply has no data connection. I tried putting the phone in CDMA only mode and it never even picked up a data connection. So right now I have 4G or nothing, and given how lovely sprints 4G connection is, I often have no data at all.

The connection optimizer is turned off. Any ideas what's wrong?

You just transferred the sim card and didn't activate the phone for sprints 3G network. The Sim card only controls access to LTE.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Wankie posted:

You just transferred the sim card and didn't activate the phone for sprints 3G network. The Sim card only controls access to LTE.

I used the online phone activation, is that not enough? The device went through the hands free activation when I powered it on.

Wankie
Sep 11, 2002

Look Glenn we're saved!

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I used the online phone activation, is that not enough? The device went through the hands free activation when I powered it on.

Oh, I thought you just transferred the sim card. Yeah contact support.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

EbolaIvory posted:

If you get this figured out, drop me a PM. If I could get on sero, I'd stick around. I'm nearing the end of my contact and considering jumping ship.

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

try updating your data profile under systems update. there is also an option under settings to activate device select that in case it didnt activate its self properly that will run it again and fix any issues if both those fail you should def contact support or visit your local sprint corporate repair center

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

So any thoughts on the LG G3? For some reason, even though I have been and HTC guy since the 6700, I am just drawn to that LG's screen and overall design look. The M8 is a very nice phone with the metal, but the camera and the tallness of the device just doesn't call to me in the same way for whatever reason... Just feel like trying something new after the EVO LTE.

And being SERO, I believe I read before that there is no way to get an upgrade through Amazon with the Amazon pricing is there?

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

EdEddnEddy posted:

So any thoughts on the LG G3? For some reason, even though I have been and HTC guy since the 6700, I am just drawn to that LG's screen and overall design look. The M8 is a very nice phone with the metal, but the camera and the tallness of the device just doesn't call to me in the same way for whatever reason... Just feel like trying something new after the EVO LTE.

And being SERO, I believe I read before that there is no way to get an upgrade through Amazon with the Amazon pricing is there?

I'm not sure about the amazon upgrades, but the phones its self is awesome. The knock function unlock is awesome. I have a G Flex and love it. But on the G3 you can customize the knock pattern to unlock it so like a pattern lock except tapping on your screen. LG has been putting out some great product lately, I don't see many come in for repair at all. I'm personally considering getting one once its available for employees to purchase. The LG base os its pretty nice as well, you can customize things a lot more like down to the icons.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

EdEddnEddy posted:

Yeah, don't even bother looking at all those cool third party stores with their cool third party prices. You're saving every month instead.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yea it is true. SERO is still one heck of a deal.

After reading more I am still sort of on the fence. It is between the G3 and the M8 for now, but I don't feel super pressed to upgrade to either just have that hankering for a new phone feeling.

Plus the EVO LTE does have the dual CDMA radios so I can talk and web at the same time which the Spark phones cannot do unless you are in a 4G area, which it looks like I still won't be for a good few more months.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
So Sprint is bearable in the Denver Metro again, LTE has been switched on almost everywhere, most importantly downtown.

Granted the LTE speeds are what other carrier's 3G speeds were like 5 years ago, but hey at least it's usable.

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

e.pilot posted:

So Sprint is bearable in the Denver Metro again, LTE has been switched on almost everywhere, most importantly downtown.

Granted the LTE speeds are what other carrier's 3G speeds were like 5 years ago, but hey at least it's usable.

it'll get faster it started off like that for me now its at par with the competition around my area

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

EdEddnEddy posted:

Yea it is true. SERO is still one heck of a deal.

After reading more I am still sort of on the fence. It is between the G3 and the M8 for now, but I don't feel super pressed to upgrade to either just have that hankering for a new phone feeling.

Plus the EVO LTE does have the dual CDMA radios so I can talk and web at the same time which the Spark phones cannot do unless you are in a 4G area, which it looks like I still won't be for a good few more months.

what area are you in, I can look it up when i come back from vacation and give you a time table hopefully.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Jliznel posted:

what area are you in, I can look it up when i come back from vacation and give you a time table hopefully.
Post history shows he's in Sacramento, CA. A fourth-round market, lowest priority. And the metro Sacramento area itself is, like, one of the last places in the country that hasn't seen substantial upgrades yet. :(

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

td4guy posted:

Post history shows he's in Sacramento, CA. A fourth-round market, lowest priority. And the metro Sacramento area itself is, like, one of the last places in the country that hasn't seen substantial upgrades yet. :(

drat :-(. I feel like Sacramento should have had priority over a shore town in new jersey. :-\

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I'm rocking the Wichita Metro area, and is pretty LTE filled.

I'm out of contract but upgrade eligible.

Any reason not to take the Nexus 5 for $99? (i'm fine with another 2 years as my discount is awesome and is cheaper than the no contract/mo price for the phone)

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Jliznel posted:

I am close to Rocklin, CA. It looks like we got an LTE site done, but not online yet of course going off of the S4GRU.

I know there are a lot of LTE sites up and ready in Roseville and even parts of Sacramento already, but nothing I slated to be turned on until it is all ready I believe.

Heck even Auburn already has LTE, and Newcastle as well for a bit there.

Hopefully everywhere from Penryn to Sac will get lit up at once, once LTE comes Online...

lazydog
Apr 15, 2003

toplitzin posted:

Any reason not to take the Nexus 5 for $99? (i'm fine with another 2 years as my discount is awesome and is cheaper than the no contract/mo price for the phone)

I'm happy with my Nexus 5. A pure Android phone without all the manufacturer and carrier bloatware is the way to go, in my opinion.

I was able to upgrade phones on my grandfathered family plan through Amazon, so you might see if you can too. They have the Nexus 5 for $19.99 on contract

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

EdEddnEddy posted:

I am close to Rocklin, CA. It looks like we got an LTE site done, but not online yet of course going off of the S4GRU.

I know there are a lot of LTE sites up and ready in Roseville and even parts of Sacramento already, but nothing I slated to be turned on until it is all ready I believe.

Heck even Auburn already has LTE, and Newcastle as well for a bit there.

Hopefully everywhere from Penryn to Sac will get lit up at once, once LTE comes Online...

i dont go back to work until monday but i will def try and get you actually dates for stuff like projected month and stuff

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

toplitzin posted:

go for it i've been tossing back and forth between g3 and nexus 5 so if you grab it let me know how you like it.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Got |--| <-- This close from getting a G3 this weekend... But I'm going to hold off till next month just because I spent enough this month as is.

That Screen.

Though the M8 has some seriously awesome speakers, and the stereo is great to hear without headphone.

On the Plus side, Sprint has 4G up (more than likely temporarily) in Rocklin at my work! :woop:

Jliznel
May 25, 2014

EdEddnEddy posted:

Got |--| <-- This close from getting a G3 this weekend... But I'm going to hold off till next month just because I spent enough this month as is.

That Screen.

Though the M8 has some seriously awesome speakers, and the stereo is great to hear without headphone.

On the Plus side, Sprint has 4G up (more than likely temporarily) in Rocklin at my work! :woop:

if its up it isn't going anywhere :-) if may be on and off a few times before it goes fully live but within a month it will never go away again ( unless the tower goes down )

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

All right, I'm on SERO and my upgrade kicked in this month.

Nexus 5 or Galaxy S5?

I'm going to Scotland for two weeks in August, is either of those a better choice for my trip?

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wilford Cutlery posted:

All right, I'm on SERO and my upgrade kicked in this month.

Nexus 5 or Galaxy S5?

I'm going to Scotland for two weeks in August, is either of those a better choice for my trip?

I'm holding on to my upgrade until next month but if nothing were coming out until like Christmas, I'd probably get a Nexus 5.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Fak, can anyone check if it is all the towers in Loomis and Rocklin turned on, or just a few? Of course I get 4G at work, and in town. But at my Gym and Home, nope. Still 3G. :(

I live in Slow Internet Hell. :argh:

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

EdEddnEddy posted:

Fak, can anyone check if it is all the towers in Loomis and Rocklin turned on, or just a few? Of course I get 4G at work, and in town. But at my Gym and Home, nope. Still 3G. :(

I live in Slow Internet Hell. :argh:
About 50/50. Like in a lot of locations nationwide, Sprint is still waiting on their contractors to lay fiber to the towers so that they can have high speed LTE service. Here's an example of the fiber deployment service provided by CenturyLink: DELAYED.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

td4guy posted:

About 50/50. Like in a lot of locations nationwide, Sprint is still waiting on their contractors to lay fiber to the towers so that they can have high speed LTE service. Here's an example of the fiber deployment service provided by CenturyLink: DELAYED.

CenturyLink is garbage as a regular ISP too so this isn't surprising at all. Ugh.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Looking at the tower info, I think I am boned. I am less then a mile away from the tower nearest to me, but for some reason even though it has 4G, I cannot get it at my place. :negative:

Guess now it's the wait for a Spark phone and tower upgrades then. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DanAdamKOF
Feb 11, 2007

Sorry to possibly rehash some questions. I remember reading that Spark-capable phones have issues staying on LTE in some (all?) circumstances (possibly related to Spark devices not supporting SVLTE if I understand?). Does this still happen? Will this affect stuff like streaming music over LTE becoming interrupted and needing to buffer? Is this something that happens when Spark phones are only in a non-Spark area, or only in a Spark area, or am I off the mark? I'm in Dallas if this matters but have plenty of areas I go to that still don't have LTE.