Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

I hate SR 3 & 4 because the city is boring. I also hate 4 because they decided platforming was a thing the game needed.

Also the fact that in 1 your character could use their phone to listen to music outside of a car and no other game has done that.

Saints Row to me was a GTA clone that took itself less seriously. I liked it being relatively grounded. Then 3 & 4 decided to stupid up the world and its characters. There was a loving MGS 1 style stealth section because who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

BallisticClipboard posted:

Also the fact that in 1 your character could use their phone to listen to music outside of a car and no other game has done that.

SRIV does that, probably to make up for the fact that you won't be driving.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Digirat posted:

Pretty much everything related to zimos was the worst poo poo in that game, and that part most of all

Saint's Row 3 had a lot of cut content, and Zimos was part of it - there were supposed to be 4 gangs, not 3, with the DeWynter sisters being Asian and representing a Chinese Triad type group. Zimos was shoehorned into the stuff that he is due to that fourth group being completely axed.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

3 was just a general disappointment all around with the story and every game since has been less of its own game and more like a mod of 3
4 and GOoH aren't much like 3 at all though. :shrug:

gohuskies posted:

Exactly - 2 is dark and you're really pretty evil, and 4 is a hilarious and light-hearted romp. 3 is an odd middle ground where you are kidnap trafficked women into sex slavery and it's played for laughs.
Yeah, that's the big problem. There's some dark stuff in 2, but it's not played for laughs. There are bits that are played for laughs, but they're not the bits where you're doing unpleasant things to people - or at least not realistically unpleasant things. Like, the bit where you use the bartender as a human shield or trick Maero into killing Jessica are played for drama, not comedy. Whereas in 3, the tone is completely off. There are some bits that work because they're just comedy, there are some bits that work because they're just drama, but there are also bits where you're doing terrible things and the game is joking about it.

Guy Mann posted:

Getting a dude to execute his own girlfriend via monster truck rally without his knowing and the act that inspired it are both so grim, the tone being all over the place is something Saints Row has always had.
It's fine to have both drama and comedy in the same story, as long as you know which is which.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Also you don't get to use the White House as a crib, goddammit.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I didn't really like 3 and totally skipped 4 because they got too silly. The bits that made 2 good were those dips into the reality of what you were doing, SR needs that normal to balance the wacky poo poo.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

BallisticClipboard posted:

I hate SR 3 & 4 because the city is boring. I also hate 4 because they decided platforming was a thing the game needed.

Saints Row to me was a GTA clone that took itself less seriously. I liked it being relatively grounded. Then 3 & 4 decided to stupid up the world and its characters. There was a loving MGS 1 style stealth section because who cares.

The towers are pretty fun platforming challenges, especially when your movement options open up. The problem is that there's nothing to see after the collectibles are found and the territories are conquered.

The city has no life or character to it and that's why people talk up 2 so much despite its jankiness. It's cool seeing ai fighting with itself without your involvement. It's pretty easy to know whether you're at the drive thru or the trailer park or on campus versus 3 and 4's samey buildings.

The stealth section was a short and funny bit and tied to asha's role as not-thane in the group dynamic bc that's all she has in the game.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Action Tortoise posted:

The stealth section was a short and funny bit and tied to asha's role as not-thane in the group dynamic bc that's all she has in the game.

I would say that Asha is a thing dragging down SR4, because there never seems to be a good reason for her even being there. If they thought there weren't enough women they could have brought back Viola. If she's there for some other reason I don't know what it is. And she has the worst mission in the game (specifically the bit with all the killbots).

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The thing I hated about Saints Row IV was that Oleg wasn't a main character

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Tiggum posted:

I would say that Asha is a thing dragging down SR4, because there never seems to be a good reason for her even being there. If they thought there weren't enough women they could have brought back Viola. If she's there for some other reason I don't know what it is. And she has the worst mission in the game (specifically the bit with all the killbots).

I get and like Asha's niche, personally - she's the outsider, the one going "Y'all are really loving crazy and what you do ain't normal, you know that?" who gets into things by the end.

I think the problem is that SR4 has too many characters in the supporting cast. I really don't think it needed Keith David and Ben King - one or the other would have been fine. Maybe lump Pierce in there as well as another redundant character for that niche. Same for Kinzie, Matt, and CID - the technobabble hacker aspect is such an omnipresent part of the game I get the need for two, but all three aren't needed. Or Shaundi and Gat and maybe Asha for the niche of "angry person." SR4 has too many characters and doesn't use any of them terribly well.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The thing dragging down Crypt of the NecroDancer for me is that my stupid reptile brain apparently is incapable of managing "moving to the rhythm" and "don't walk into a skeleton three times a row you retard." :( Playing as Bard seems like cheating to me so I'm just hacking away at it with Cadence.

Then one time I actually make it to NecroDancer and it's a goddamn hideous puzzle boss where I have to move two characters at once and avoid enemies and I just can't handle it at all.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Cythereal posted:

I think the problem is that SR4 has too many characters in the supporting cast. I really don't think it needed Keith David and Ben King - one or the other would have been fine. Maybe lump Pierce in there as well as another redundant character for that niche. Same for Kinzie, Matt, and CID - the technobabble hacker aspect is such an omnipresent part of the game I get the need for two, but all three aren't needed. Or Shaundi and Gat and maybe Asha for the niche of "angry person." SR4 has too many characters and doesn't use any of them terribly well.

It's not nearly as bad as SR3 in that regard, but yeah. It would probably have been a good idea to cut CID, Asha and Kieth. I'd say Matt as well (because Shaundi could be your backup tech person), but I really liked him. You could probably also cut Gat or Pierce, but people would hate that.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The Enter the Dominatrix DLC for SR4 was just embarassing. Even with the conceit that it's the deleted scenes from the version of the game that was SR3 DLC the entire thing is based on the idea that BDSM is so inherently hilarious that putting leather and ball gags on the existing enemy units is enough to carry the entire thing. That and a lame Morpheus parody character over a decade after The Matrix came out and some wacky monkey cheese talking velociraptors to make up for the fact that they didn't have an ending.

At least How the Saints Saved Christmas was fantastic.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For something a bit different: I love Serious Sam, it's one of my favorite shooter games ever, but it is extremely taxing to play for long periods of time. The absolutely non-stop "take two steps and then a hundred enemies spawn" action is great, and a lot of fun, and very arcade-y... but it wears me the hell out. I can only play an hour or so of the game at a time before I have to stop and take a break or else I get tired and start doing poorly.

edit: Funnily enough, the developers actually had acknowledged that many players faced this same issue. So for Serious Sam 3 they were going to add puzzle areas with jammers, laser beam puzzles, et cetera, to break up the constant fatiguing murderfest. But then they saw that they could make a whole game out of those mechanics and just created The Talos Principle instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgceaBagvHc&t=49s

This video is a very interesting watch.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

CJacobs posted:

So for Serious Sam 3 they were going to add puzzle areas with jammers, laser beam puzzles, et cetera, to break up the constant fatiguing murderfest. But then they saw that they could make a whole game out of those mechanics and just created The Talos Principle instead.

Serious Sam 4, SS3 was out 4 years before TP

It's still hard to believe developers of something like Serious Sam would come up with Talos Principle

Edit: Thanks for linking that video, hadn't seen it before

Sininu has a new favorite as of 11:57 on Jul 16, 2016

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

They're pretty explicit in 4's intro that they knew they were softening the Saints up to avoid the sociopath characterization. even gat in 3 mentions that they've lost their edge. the choice with the prostitutes in 3 feels like growing pains between the switch.

still it's hard to not to sideglance at the game talking about the difference between being famous and being a hero when citizens are still little more than cannon fodder
Yeah, it was like "More hero, less sociopath" or something, I remember being rather irritated with it because the idea of being a hero who still, you know, drives over people and murders indiscriminately is uhhh, well, I suppose you could call it classical?

Tiggum posted:

4 and GOoH aren't much like 3 at all though. :shrug:
4 was literally originally a DLC of 4. It was a hilarious blasé recycling of 3? :psyduck:
GooH is more like a stand-alone expansion of 4 than 3 I guess, except that it has the exact same gameplay and engine, only hell themed? It doesn't really bring anything new or interesting to the table and if anything it's even worse for the fact that there is zero reason, ever, to actually use a vehicle, which means that at that point why even have cars around?

Tiggum posted:

It's fine to have both drama and comedy in the same story, as long as you know which is which.
Total agreement there. It also meant that the story had some emotional weight. I mean, the way they show and don't show things is pretty good; the way that each of the enemy factions is distinct and how you can tackle them in the order you want and how the silly (Septic Avenger! Hell yes!) is still out there but still grounded in reality.

CJacobs posted:

For something a bit different: I love Serious Sam, it's one of my favorite shooter games ever, but it is extremely taxing to play for long periods of time. The absolutely non-stop "take two steps and then a hundred enemies spawn" action is great, and a lot of fun, and very arcade-y... but it wears me the hell out. I can only play an hour or so of the game at a time before I have to stop and take a break or else I get tired and start doing poorly.

edit: Funnily enough, the developers actually had acknowledged that many players faced this same issue. So for Serious Sam 3 they were going to add puzzle areas with jammers, laser beam puzzles, et cetera, to break up the constant fatiguing murderfest. But then they saw that they could make a whole game out of those mechanics and just created The Talos Principle instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgceaBagvHc&t=49s

This video is a very interesting watch.
gently caress this is baller

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Yeah, it was like "More hero, less sociopath" or something, I remember being rather irritated with it because the idea of being a hero who still, you know, drives over people and murders indiscriminately is uhhh, well, I suppose you could call it classical?

zinyak exists as a way to make the boss look less villainous, which is weird bc his actions in the game are more cartoonishly evil than anything you've done in the series. and even when you're fighting him your style is far more brutal.

like yeah he blew up earth but that's Saturday morning cartoon poo poo that has an easy resolution compared to the things you've done to your enemies.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I know it's probably because I have lovely eyes and I'm using an old CRT that's already showing signs of nearing its death, but man are the enemies in Call of Juarez: Gunslinger hard to pick out.

Xythe
Aug 4, 2010

Stop getting mad at video games. No stop insulting his mother what is wrong with you.
I had the same problem on an HD PC monitor so it's not just you.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

RareAcumen posted:

I know it's probably because I have lovely eyes and I'm using an old CRT that's already showing signs of nearing its death, but man are the enemies in Call of Juarez: Gunslinger hard to pick out.

haha what. Please post pics of your setup. I don't think my PC could even run the game you're playing but a CRT?!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rap Music and Dope posted:

haha what. Please post pics of your setup. I don't think my PC could even run the game you're playing but a CRT?!

I may have tv acronyms wrong so heads up.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

4 was literally originally a DLC of 3. It was a hilarious blasé recycling of 3? :psyduck:

This is wrong in just about every way. There was originally supposed to be a stand-alone expansion for SR3, parts of which were eventually recycled in SR4. SR4 was not DLC that got expanded into a full game. 4 uses basically the same city as 3, and some of the same weapons, but it actually has more new content than 3 did, and it plays completely differently because of the super powers.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

I may have tv acronyms wrong so heads up.

Don't play Dead Rising, you wont be able to read poo poo

So Cataclysm DDA: I just played the recent version and the mindset of the people in charge is worrying. They removed gunpowder from the crafting lists to make guns less viable cause uh...? I guess with the stamina system the put in so you can't bash a thousand zombie's skulls in an hour and guns doesn't have that downside so to "balance" the game they made ammo finite? Maybe Walking Dead's latest season has the cast run out of ammo and now they must use only melee weapons, I'm sure this is why you can make zombies packmules by cutting off their arms and lower jaw like that stupid katana girl in WD.

Then there is nutrition. Alright, in your zombie survivor realism game I can see making sure you're eating properly can be a thing and you can't just eat off junk food every day and live. But the devs decided that since players would use multivitamins to put in a loving illness if you do that.

Now I know there is mods that fix those... which brings me to point 3 (remember, my deal is the attitude the people making changes to the game have): There are prepackaged mods which are considered "true" mods or some other junk that makes them acknowledged by the devs. For some reason this list includes a loving Five Nights At Freddie's mod. For some reason they refuse to make a mod that removes all the weird rear end fetish stuff like ball gags, anime catgirl ears and tails and vibrators. Mods that get rid of the clutter of weird fetishes we the playerbase has? Nah, not kosher. That FNAF mod though is gold!

E: Oh and one more thing: Horde spawns still manages to suck after years of complaints. Still no way to make them appear later on rather then at start so you can actually build a base without the entire loving map homing in on you and be able to spawn in after you settled in and can use your defenses. Also they have way too good hearing. Break a window on a farm miles away from town? Welp here comes the zombie parade!

Leal has a new favorite as of 07:35 on Jul 17, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Leal posted:

Don't play Dead Rising, you wont be able to read poo poo

Hey there, bad decisions buddy. :shepface::hf::saddowns: The Wii didn't even have HDMI, so surely my new Xbox can't require it!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

AlphaKretin posted:

Hey there, bad decisions buddy. :shepface::hf::saddowns: The Wii didn't even have HDMI, so surely my new Xbox can't require it!

God of War 3, of all things, was what finally pushed me over to upgrading to a flatscreen over whatever I was using before. I just couldn't see any of the oh so important text :negative:.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

RyokoTK posted:

The thing dragging down Crypt of the NecroDancer for me is that my stupid reptile brain apparently is incapable of managing "moving to the rhythm" and "don't walk into a skeleton three times a row you retard." :( Playing as Bard seems like cheating to me so I'm just hacking away at it with Cadence.

Then one time I actually make it to NecroDancer and it's a goddamn hideous puzzle boss where I have to move two characters at once and avoid enemies and I just can't handle it at all.

Just keep going, you'll get it eventually! Believe!

But for the Necrodancer, bring bombs- 3 or 4 I think will do it. I mean you can't always do that of course but you can probably start saving in zone 3 or 4 and have enough. You can bomb the platform the Necrodancer and the lute are on, and skip the first stage, which is the hardest part so skipping it is very good.

Once you have the lute you can just chase the necrodancer around and not worry about enemies or positioning quite as much. Also I think there's a thing where the longer the fight goes the stronger the enemies summoned are, so shortening that is great too.

You should also have Eli unlocked. He has infinite bombs, and is very fun, and is imo easier than Cadence but keeps the rhythm mechanic so you still challenge yourself that way unlike Bard. And you can practice bosses although I think Necrodancer takes the crystals each attempt? I'm not 100% sure.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I felt like playing some Metroid Prime and realized I never beat the second one.
I started it up and played for a while and realized why I never finished it... oh boy, a whole swamp level. The dark world, where you take constant damage and need to keep running between safe zones. I'll have to collect all these goddamn keys my beams REQUIRE AMMO URRGH

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Mazerunner posted:

Just keep going, you'll get it eventually! Believe!

But for the Necrodancer, bring bombs- 3 or 4 I think will do it. I mean you can't always do that of course but you can probably start saving in zone 3 or 4 and have enough. You can bomb the platform the Necrodancer and the lute are on, and skip the first stage, which is the hardest part so skipping it is very good.

Once you have the lute you can just chase the necrodancer around and not worry about enemies or positioning quite as much. Also I think there's a thing where the longer the fight goes the stronger the enemies summoned are, so shortening that is great too.

You should also have Eli unlocked. He has infinite bombs, and is very fun, and is imo easier than Cadence but keeps the rhythm mechanic so you still challenge yourself that way unlike Bard. And you can practice bosses although I think Necrodancer takes the crystals each attempt? I'm not 100% sure.

Since I wrote that post I did kill Necrodancer, then did it again with Melody, and I think I'm pretty much done with the game since all the other characters except Eli/Bard are just harder and more limited than Cadence.

Which I guess is something that I think actually does drag down Necrodancer. There's no reason to play basically any of the alternate characters except Eli, Bard and maybe Melody unless you want the game to be really hard.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Butt Ox posted:

I felt like playing some Metroid Prime and realized I never beat the second one.
I started it up and played for a while and realized why I never finished it... oh boy, a whole swamp level. The dark world, where you take constant damage and need to keep running between safe zones. I'll have to collect all these goddamn keys my beams REQUIRE AMMO URRGH

I used to feel that way about it, then for some reason the wii version just seemed to make it all better.

Except the grenchlers. gently caress those assholes.

Torvus Bog is my favorite level in that game, actually, despite the awful water segment before you get the gravity booster.

Anyway, here's something super poo poo with the Metroid Prime Trilogy. See, Corruption has a "Hypermode" difficulty. So they added "Hypermode" to Prime and Echoes. All it does is basically double enemy health and half your missiles and bombs and stuff. It's not even hard. The only time it's even really noticeable is the very last fights of both games. You see, the final fight in Prime is one where you can only damage the boss in specific increments of damage and it's a fairly long fight with no real way to speed it up. In hypermode it takes loving forever to do it, like half an hour or more even if you don't miss any of the chances to hurt it. Echos' final boss isn't as bad but since it has so much HP it's impossible to beat it without running out of missiles and ammo even if you nail every shot perfectly.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

RyokoTK posted:

After you beat the game with a certain character you unlock another character that needs to maintain the beat or else she will automatically die, can only take two hits, cannot change from the starting dagger and can't get any health upgrades. Oh and she also starts in the final chamber and works backwards.

And then when you beat the game with her, you unlock another character who has to deal with all of the above while also not being able to pick any gold or else they will die instantly and also has every song playing at double speed so you need to be absolutely perfect in your timing!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

Since I wrote that post I did kill Necrodancer, then did it again with Melody, and I think I'm pretty much done with the game since all the other characters except Eli/Bard are just harder and more limited than Cadence.

Which I guess is something that I think actually does drag down Necrodancer. There's no reason to play basically any of the alternate characters except Eli, Bard and maybe Melody unless you want the game to be really hard.

Ascending difficulty is one of the basic tenets of videogames, yes.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Jia posted:

Ascending difficulty is one of the basic tenets of videogames, yes.

thanks for the really good post

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Digirat posted:

Pretty much everything related to zimos was the worst poo poo in that game, and that part most of all

Hey now, he was involved in the mission that ends with a chase on human-drawn carts that still explode like cars, which was one of the best parts of Saints Row 3.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

thanks for the really good post

Thanks for the bullshit complaint.

Yes, the other characters are for challenge modes, for people who find Cadence too easy (she is); how does this drag the game down?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Jia posted:

Yes, the other characters are for challenge modes, for people who find Cadence too easy (she is); how does this drag the game down?

That there aren't cool gimmick characters that make the game interesting? I'm sorry that I don't find "touch gold and you lose instantly" or "miss a beat once ever and you lose instantly" very compelling. Especially when other games in the genre like Nuclear Throne or Binding of Isaac have hardmode characters that also have unique strengths, like Rogue in NT with the portal strike. Pretty much every unlockable character is Cadence with a massive limitation. At least Eli gets the bomb kick, and Melody gets a unique weapon, but that's about it.

RyokoTK has a new favorite as of 18:45 on Jul 17, 2016

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Melody, Eli, and Dove (and Bard, but he hardly counts either way) are characters who change the way you play the game without inherently increasing difficulty; Coda, Aria, Bolt, and Monk are all harder-Cadence. I think that's an okay split between challenge and gimmick, but I guess I see what you're saying.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

khwarezm posted:

After you beat the game with a certain character you unlock another character that needs to maintain the beat or else she will automatically die, can only take two hits, cannot change from the starting dagger and can't get any health upgrades. Oh and she also starts in the final chamber and works backwards.

And then when you beat the game with her, you unlock another character who has to deal with all of the above while also not being able to pick any gold or else they will die instantly and also has every song playing at double speed so you need to be absolutely perfect in your timing!

Not quite- Aria (the first character referred to) only has half a heart and dies in ONE hit, but she starts with a potion (pick up that auto revives you with full health if you die, very rare) so you get one free do-over. So.... even worse than what you said, really. Also to unlock Coda you have to beat an all-char run. That is, beat the game with every other character, without dying or quitting. Basically prove that you've just about mastered the game.

Coda's very much the developers saying "Oh you think you're hot poo poo? Well try and beat THIS" and they didn't think a human would be able to do it.

They were wrong, of course

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I agree with Ryokotk, the only alternate character I like playing in Necrodancer is Melody, everyone else's gimmick just kind the makes the game more annoying and drawn out or ludicrously difficult at worst. I could only see myself trying to finish the game with them for pure bragging rights rather than because its satisfying or fun. Most hard modes in games tend to offer some kind of reward for all that risk your putting up with, IE, New game + modes tend to carry over upgrades and equipment from the end of the regular game so you have all your arsenal and abilities ready to go. In Roguelikes like Nuclear Throne or Enter the Gungeon Risky characters or strategies have really notable upsides associated with them like having Melting's exploding corpses ability in Throne or getting shitloads of extra money when doing a cursed run in Gungeon. In Necrodancer its the opposite, almost every character is like Cadence but strictly worse in some or many ways.

Obviously you can just ignore it, but it was kind disappointing to unlock everyone and find I can't really be bothered to play as anybody except for Cadence when I pick up the game again.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
zimos' saving grace is how funny his autotune voice is when he catches fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Tiggum posted:

This is wrong in just about every way. There was originally supposed to be a stand-alone expansion for SR3, parts of which were eventually recycled in SR4. SR4 was not DLC that got expanded into a full game. 4 uses basically the same city as 3, and some of the same weapons, but it actually has more new content than 3 did, and it plays completely differently because of the super powers.
My bad on mixing the two together, DLC and Standalone expansion but that latter part is a huge exaggeration, if only because pretty much all the content in 3 was new. Bolting a new system atop of the existing game doesn't make it a hell of a lot more diverse and Steelport already had worse design than Stillwater, so I can't say I was too happy to see it again.

The biggest change between the two were probably the mobility powers rather than the super powers in general; they made it play more like Infamous or Prototype than SR, which wasn't a bad thing per se but made all the vehicles but the flying ones redundant. Maybe not the tank?

It also suffers because when you compare it to GTAV, it uhh, well. When it came to comparing GTA4 and SR2, the latter was according to a lot of people much better, as a successor of San Andreas.

I guess it's good that SR is doing it's own thing, but at this point it just feels so, wacky. Like the class clown, trying to make everything a joke.

Jia posted:

Compare it to Binding of Isaac to see it done well; there you actually have the different characters and gimmicks work way, way better and winning as them actually unlocks fun and cool things.