Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serakyu
Jan 11, 2007

and lo, motherfuckers
Are there any active goon guilds on PS4? I'm usually on very late (usually around midnight for a couple hours) and never have anybody to group with or ask for help. I'd love to be able to try some of the raids and nightfall, but I'm having a rough time finding regularly active players.

PSN: serakyu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

And same winning game, bagging won me this

I gotta say, I feel like I won three times :allears:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I feel like I won four times :swoon: lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

serakyu posted:

Are there any active goon guilds on PS4? I'm usually on very late (usually around midnight for a couple hours) and never have anybody to group with or ask for help. I'd love to be able to try some of the raids and nightfall, but I'm having a rough time finding regularly active players.

Add me: Soulex13

Apparently you can't transfer Xbox one to PS4 so I'm back to square one.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

FishBulb posted:

gently caress that he's dumb as hell. People aren't playing because it's a 3 year old game. Making poo poo more RNG based and less generous is bad gently caress off Datto.

I liked how it was in vanilla.

Now it's just a big hug fest of getting 400 light gear for losing matches of Iron Banner or Trials.

It's lame poo poo that caters to the thumbless cry babies on reddit.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Who cares though like what difference does it make what light everyone is? 90% of the time it's meaningless in pvp and you don't have to be max to actually win a raid. It's a pointless number.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

When permadeath hardcore mlg spergs and care bear casuals collide. :allears:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Who cares though like what difference does it make what light everyone is? 90% of the time it's meaningless in pvp and you don't have to be max to actually win a raid. It's a pointless number.

Bungie might as well give you 400 light gear for your first time logging on.

The search for cool poo poo is the point of the game and i feel like some of that shine doesn't exist with the current "everyone is winner!!1" system.

Just my opinion. I know most would disagree.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

serakyu posted:

Soulex posted:

I'm currently dragging various goons/friends of goons through Destiny.

PSN: KingTotoro

Yes it is about as hilarious as you think it is

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CheeseFactory posted:

Bungie might as well give you 400 light gear for your first time logging on.

The search for cool poo poo is the point of the game and i feel like some of that shine doesn't exist with the current "everyone is winner!!1" system.

Just my opinion. I know most would disagree.

I mean I feel like there's a happy medium between just giving everyone max everything second one and the horrible system we had back in original vanilla.

It's probably a bit too generous right now but it's still better than it used to be.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

People ITT acting like Destiny should be a career, not something you do to have fun and then move on.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
tbt to a time where we were happy we weren't reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2x5pql/discussion_spoilers_vog_the_mystery_of_the_oracles/

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Well at least we can all agree that reddit blows

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I don't care about light levels very much when character builds and equipment perks are way more important.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Soulex is a quality person and gently caress PS4 for taking him.

(I may have three separate Xbones that have all bricked at various times sweet Jesus it's a horrible console iteration due to the UI)

Also I have sure as gently caress two shotted people with the Palindrome but I don't know when or where.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mill Village posted:

I don't care about light levels very much when character builds and equipment perks are way more important.

:agreed:

There's enough RNG is seeking a min maxed build for crucible or PvE speed runs or wherever the hell they do on that side. I don't think the idea of hiding really important shot behind RNG is good or healthy.

Source: not having a gjally for all of year one and spending 250 SC on glove engrams and not getting Ophidians

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They don't understand their sandboxes enough to have both strict as gently caress SBMM and RNG for poo poo like the ophidians.

I will say they've at least done a good job of ensuring meta weapons are obtainable from the vendors and/or frequent crucible drops. See the last Hawksaw and the Palindrome, as well as quest 1kys and CTD

Give people 95% with some basic effort and let the spergs grind RNG for 100%

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They don't understand their sandboxes enough to have both strict as gently caress SBMM and RNG for poo poo like the ophidians.

I will say they've at least done a good job of ensuring meta weapons are obtainable from the vendors and/or frequent crucible drops. See the last Hawksaw and the Palindrome, as well as quest 1kys and CTD

Give people 95% with some basic effort and let the spergs grind RNG for 100%

That side of things is fair enough and they're constantly dumping dominant weapon archetypes with some detuning into vendors but I have never gotten

An eyasluna with a range mod
A longbow or ldr
Glass prom
Winged word
Matador with range mod
Grasp of malok at all
Clever dragon

For the pvp I play and 8 attempts at the omnigoul strike, thats not real great considering the current meta.

I did get some good luck in ttk with a god roll 1kys and and lord high fixer and a gjally in my 2nd ever nightfall but thats about it.

Still no thorn bounty or ice breaker either.

They got a lot right with Destiny but in some cases the rng heavy meta makes things a little difficult if you want to play a certain way.

Like you said you can get 90% of the way there but when that 10% can make the difference it becomes a bit of an issue.

Probably not an issue for most thumbless tards but an issue at the top end.

Connection based matches arent going to happen for this iteration so maybe at least they can change the way the sandbox plays with some weapon tweaks.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Soulex posted:

serakyu posted:

Insane Totoro posted:

I'm currently dragging various goons/friends of goons through Destiny.

PSN: KingTotoro

Yes it is about as hilarious as you think it is

Add me if any of you need help running a raid or nightfall or just wanna group for Crucible. I'm on fairly often but only one of my friends actually plays this game and the PS4 Destiny thread is dead, so I'm forced to either turn to LFG if I ever wanna run something big or just not play significant chunks of the game. PSN's MirandaClass

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

BlindSite posted:

That side of things is fair enough and they're constantly dumping dominant weapon archetypes with some detuning into vendors but I have never gotten

An eyasluna with a range mod
A longbow or ldr
Glass prom
Winged word
Matador with range mod
Grasp of malok at all
Clever dragon

For the pvp I play and 8 attempts at the omnigoul strike, thats not real great considering the current meta.

I did get some good luck in ttk with a god roll 1kys and and lord high fixer and a gjally in my 2nd ever nightfall but thats about it.

Still no thorn bounty or ice breaker either.

lol at your awful, awful rng luck friendo.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I've gotten at least five matadors with agg balls, rangefinder and reinforced or rifled barrel

anyway

https://twitter.com/1337_5CR4BBL3/status/826250662136643584

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Captain Log posted:

Soulex is a quality person and gently caress PS4 for taking him.

(I may have three separate Xbones that have all bricked at various times sweet Jesus it's a horrible console iteration due to the UI)

Also I have sure as gently caress two shotted people with the Palindrome but I don't know when or where.

Thanks
Xbone crew still awesome as gently caress
I just got tired of never having anyone to play with via other games and I couldn't handle the time commitment of destiny. I had a lot of real crazy poo poo go on in my life, friends died, I was removed from service, moved, had another kid, and more I'm sure. I'm not back back, but back enough to check the thread and make a lock real fast. He's like 25 or something.

Angry Walrus posted:

Add me if any of you need help running a raid or nightfall or just wanna group for Crucible. I'm on fairly often but only one of my friends actually plays this game and the PS4 Destiny thread is dead, so I'm forced to either turn to LFG if I ever wanna run something big or just not play significant chunks of the game. PSN's MirandaClass

I'll add all you dudes in a minute. Got to let the dogs out and wind down for the day.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Soulex posted:

Thanks
Xbone crew still awesome as gently caress
I just got tired of never having anyone to play with via other games and I couldn't handle the time commitment of destiny. I had a lot of real crazy poo poo go on in my life, friends died, I was removed from service, moved, had another kid, and more I'm sure. I'm not back back, but back enough to check the thread and make a lock real fast. He's like 25 or something.

I'll add all you dudes in a minute. Got to let the dogs out and wind down for the day.

If you ever need a late night buddy PM or Xbone Message me. I have a good deal of other games, too.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Uh I got a pair of ophidians on day 1, not sure what your experience was

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Does anyone do ToO carries or want to teach some raid stuff? I want to learn more, the gifs in here are pretty useful too.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

PathAsc posted:

Does anyone do ToO carries or want to teach some raid stuff? I want to learn more, the gifs in here are pretty useful too.

You have to be insanely good to do ToO carries anymore, no one plays the mode except 17 year olds with insane reflexes and people doing paid recoveries.

Like, the legit pvp superstars I know don't even do carries any more, as it's too much of a pain in the rear end. Recoveries only.

Raids are another story and we could probably get a NM one together pretty easily this week provided we survive that long.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You have to be insanely good to do ToO carries anymore, no one plays the mode except 17 year olds with insane reflexes and people doing paid recoveries.

Like, the legit pvp superstars I know don't even do carries any more, as it's too much of a pain in the rear end. Recoveries only.

Raids are another story and we could probably get a NM one together pretty easily this week provided we survive that long.

The next update really needs to change some poo poo with Trials, the y2/y3 format has hilariously made it way less casual than HoW Trials, despite the intent to do the opposite

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Menstrual Show posted:

lol at your awful, awful rng luck friendo.

My RNG is so loving weird.

VoG:
Fatebringer - First try
Vex - First try
Timepiece and Foil - within the first couple of runs
Never got a Found Verdict or Revenge. like wtf

Crota:
EIGHTY loving HM KILLS TO GET A CRUX. WTF BUNGIE

PoE:
Last night was actually the first time I ever got an elemental primary from Skolas.

KF and WotM:
Got everything in short order

Took a week to get the Mars warsat for Sleeper :suicide:

Trials:
2 Doctrines ever. Neither with CB.

Last week I got my very first set of Int/Dis sniper boots for my Warlock. Ever. I've been playing since Dark Below. I think I cried a little.

15 nightfalls to get an Icebreaker.

I've gotten one Eyasluna ever. One. And its lovely.

Ever try to get Int/Dis Sniper Bones of Eao? That's nice. I'm about 100 glass needles in and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 31, 2017

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Is Crossroads the worst map?

I think it's the worst map.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

OG Bone Krew needs to do NM wrath and TTK Totems

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

huh posted:

yes

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I will go ahead and third that, gently caress those teleporters

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Crossroads is bad but playable.

Compare to shitstorms like blind watch or firebase delphi.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

huh posted:

Crossroads is one of my favorite maps bar none, especially for Rumble. Just sit at the low portal near A, you can usually get out of the way of rushers coming through the portal, you can snipe over to B or the C portal, and there's a special box right there. Overall an awesome, awesome map.

In other news, I busted out the stillpiercer last night. I forgot how insane the inventory stat on that is, with sniper boots/chest I start with 12 rounds. In general it drives me crazy to switch from titan to other classes, as I typically use twilight garrison on my titan and get the special ammo bonus on chest. Even with skip rounds, LDR only gives 9 at start with sniper boots/chest.

Overall the inventory stat really is a pile of bullshit, it should be directly tied to archetype rather than an arbitrary difference maker between guns within the same archetype.

Got this from the massive breakdown, but basically, in conclusion, im gay.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

Crossroads is bad but playable.

Compare to shitstorms like blind watch or firebase delphi.

Wrong. All old maps are good. New maps are bad. The newer the badder. Once new maps come out old ones become better.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nah, blind watch is poop from a butt. Always has been, always will be.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Blind Watch is the only map I've ever gotten a sum of all tears and that one for never dying and getting 15 kills or whatever it is so I disagree forever.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Menstrual Show posted:

Crossroads is one of my favorite maps bar none, especially for Rumble. Just sit at the low portal near A, you can usually get out of the way of rushers coming through the portal, you can snipe over to B or the C portal, and there's a special box right there. Overall an awesome, awesome map.

In other news, I busted out the stillpiercer last night. I forgot how insane the inventory stat on that is, with sniper boots/chest I start with 12 rounds. In general it drives me crazy to switch from titan to other classes, as I typically use twilight garrison on my titan and get the special ammo bonus on chest. Even with skip rounds, LDR only gives 9 at start with sniper boots/chest.

Overall the inventory stat really is a pile of bullshit, it should be directly tied to archetype rather than an arbitrary difference maker between guns within the same archetype.

Got this from the massive breakdown, but basically, in conclusion, im gay.

[Affluenza Teen Voice] the inventory stat is gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The problem with the inventory stat is that it hasn't been adjusted to reflect ammo scarcity. When greens used to give 8 a box the difference between starting with 12 or 6 was a nice little advantage but not gamebreaking. It was a nice option to have if you wanted to sacrifice a bit of stability or aim assist or whatever was balanced out by bungie for the gun having a larger inventory stat to be able to theoretically establish a bit more early map control with a power weapon push.

Now it's arguably the single most important stat on a gun when comparing within the same archetype. It's the difference between 3 rockets and 2, that's 50 freaking percent, with snipers sometimes 100%.

• Locked thread