Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stereotype posted:

god damnit some obnoxious gang blew up my Mammoth in NIDJ-K. That's supposed to be a safe space. It was empty and also that ship is incredibly cheap but it's the principle.
Someone come kill them with me because i certainly can't do it at all or probably even be helpful

lol what gave you the idea that NIDJ-K was safe space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Xolve posted:

Odds on him apping again anyway?

There's also the fact he keeps posting test stuff off reddit.

But then I'm as space-insignificant as can be, so YMMV.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

orange juche posted:

orange juche posted:

No like it’s super far through gating so if we were a competent alliance poo poo like that would be dealt with. Try doing what they did to me in Paragon Soul because no one is and it’s a good annoying thing to do to them.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Stereotype posted:

No like it’s super far through gating so if we were a competent alliance poo poo like that would be dealt with. Try doing what they did to me in Paragon Soul because no one is and it’s a good annoying thing to do to them.

That group that killed you camps those two pockets there and have been for a while.

No space is truly safe

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
The trick is to not app but somehow end up in goonwaffe anyway, without linking your account, so you can shitpost without consequences

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Stereotype posted:

Mumble also doesn't work at all on a phone. It barely works on macos. GARPA doesn't work at all on macos.

Plumble is a mobile app for Mumble that works okay for things like firesides. I wouldn't want to have to switch channels or talk with it, though.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

You don't need to fly through every border gate to get deep into goon space. You can wander around wormholes and pop out just about anywhere. Thats how I was able to sneak a carrier into Sansha space (its still there, doing nothing productive :v:).

Also ships like interceptors and T3 cruisers can just fly past bubble camps. No space is safe.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

You don't even need a WH now with the new needlejack filaments and a bit of luck.

I've started to roam solo frigs and that filament puts me in FRT or TEST space like 80% of the time.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Xolve posted:

Odds on him apping again anyway?

Never bet against human stupidity.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I went into EVE hibernation not long after we fought to help Razor regain their homeland, why aren't they our pals anymore?

I remember basically not hating them as much as I did our other blues at the time (TEST).

Edit: Sometimes I type like I'm a teapartier on facebook.

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 8, 2020

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

Plumble is a mobile app for Mumble that works okay for things like firesides. I wouldn't want to have to switch channels or talk with it, though.

Yeah, don't use it for talking, especially not in a moving car.

Also it looks like we might actually get invaded this month! Hostiles are drawing ever closer to Querious, just one or two Keepstars left for them to drop :haw:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Hexel posted:

You can clean that poo poo up with skill extractors.

Any character can be a perfect combat, fleet, small gang, whatever guy.

So I just checked prices on those and holy poo poo that'd be a lot of real money and lost SP to strip and respec a 27m sp character. :psyduck:

Also is groon still around or is there another goon-ish corp that doesn't take themselves so goddamn seriously?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

corgski posted:

So I just checked prices on those and holy poo poo that'd be a lot of real money and lost SP to strip and respec a 27m sp character. :psyduck:

Also is groon still around or is there another goon-ish corp that doesn't take themselves so goddamn seriously?

Yeah they go for 300-400 mil isk on the market, but then you can sell them for 700-800 mil. I'm not sure that goonwaffe takes itself very seriously, at least I haven't noticed it if they do.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Stereotype posted:

I'm not sure that goonwaffe takes itself very seriously, at least I haven't noticed it if they do.

I just looked at the instructions for joining gw again and noped out at the point where it was like "add every single alt you've ever had and then send a screenshot to <some email>"

All I want to do is roll around and drunkenly lose ships on gates, not play space intrigue.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

corgski posted:

I just looked at the instructions for joining gw again and noped out at the point where it was like "add every single alt you've ever had and then send a screenshot to <some email>"

All I want to do is roll around and drunkenly lose ships on gates, not play space intrigue.

Oh no, they really asked you to click a few buttons and do a minimum of effort? How dare they!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

I joined echoes by clicking a discord link and saying "hey friends" so yeah, I'll pass on going through the account recovery process on multiple alt accounts that I haven't used in almost a decade and won't ever use again just so y'all can be sufficiently convinced your space pixels are protected against spies.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

EE goons have a good gimmick going with goosefleet.

:honk:

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

corgski posted:

I joined echoes by clicking a discord link and saying "hey friends" so yeah, I'll pass on going through the account recovery process on multiple alt accounts that I haven't used in almost a decade and won't ever use again just so y'all can be sufficiently convinced your space pixels are protected against spies.

Well if you really wanted to be in the corp, such obstacles would be of little concern to you.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Charles 1998 posted:

Well if you really wanted to be in the corp, such obstacles would be of little concern to you.

corgski posted:

is groon still around or is there another goon-ish corp that doesn't take themselves so goddamn seriously?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

corgski posted:

Just join Karmafleet or w/e and say 'gently caress the bureaucracy'.

Or like, you know, recognize this moment for what it is, and just not play EVE.

Win/Win either way.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

corgski posted:

The system works

Xolve posted:

Just join Karmafleet or w/e and say 'gently caress the bureaucracy'.

Or like, you know, recognize this moment for what it is, and just not play EVE.

Win/Win either way.

KF recruitment is currently closed for new apps, returning members are able to reapply. Returning alliance members have somewhat stricter threshholds for getting the ability to apply, let alone in once the review is complete.

We also require three more paps every 90 days than Waffe, which seems like that may be a strain

Edit: Oh, and if you do get a key to apply, and it is reviewed it would also need those inactive accounts recovered. So there's that.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Yeah I think I’ve made it especially clear that I have no interest in any of the goonswarm spy and intrigue poo poo, whether it’s in waffe or one of the other alliance corps.

If there’s no longer any goon corps that just poo poo around in nullsec without playing the sov game then that sucks but oh well.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

corgski posted:

Yeah I think I’ve made it especially clear that I have no interest in any of the goonswarm spy and intrigue poo poo, whether it’s in waffe or one of the other alliance corps.

If there’s no longer any goon corps that just poo poo around in nullsec without playing the sov game then that sucks but oh well.

Just join The Greater Goon

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

NGC773 posted:

Just join The Greater Goon

It's been dead for years.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

corgski posted:

Not in 0.0 from what I can tell. You could join CODE and gank dudes in high spec I guess. Or join Pandemic Horde or Brave.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

corgski posted:

I mean it's just a screenshot to show you're not involved with any of the spy and intrique poo poo, how hard is that.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Private Speech posted:

I mean it's just a screenshot to show you're not involved with any of the spy and intrique poo poo, how hard is that.

Screenshot of what?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
just join goonfleet

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Sickening posted:

Screenshot of what?

Of the auth thingy, showing your registered characters, it's in the instructions.

corgski posted:

I haven't seen any spy and intrique poo poo after joining unless you really want to do that, and even then I don't think you can easily anyway. And really it's just a few clicks, it's worth the tiny bit of effort.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 8, 2020

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The answer is there isn't really a casual group of people that are generally from here that play the game anymore. There are small pockets of old players in various small groups scattered around but, compared to old Goonfleet or Groon, these usually have a general expectation that you know what you are doing.

Modern Goonfleet doesn't care if you are incompetent but also isn't more than vaguely related to SA any more and (as you have seen) requires you to jump through a bunch of weird bureaucratic hoops and install various third party apps to be able to do anything with anyone.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Modern Goonfleet doesn't care if you are incompetent but also isn't more than vaguely related to SA any more and (as you have seen) requires you to jump through a bunch of weird bureaucratic hoops and install various third party apps to be able to do anything with anyone.

I'm pretty sure Goonfleet ca. 2012 when I first joined was exactly the same in respect to that, just as much application stuff (mostly the exact same in fact).

I dunno I never thought it's particularly onerous, and if it helps keep bad spies out then hey all the better.

e: and the programs are all useful, mostly optional and are the same things everyone is using. except discord because it's trivial to gently caress with, which I'm sure you agree is a bad thing, and even then some groups use discord internally anyway

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 8, 2020

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

you will not find a group that allows you to do more, with less responsibility, than goonwaffe. the application process is, uh, not entirely a one-click hand-held process, but once you're in and you install jabber (and be realistic, any group above a highsec corp will want third party apps) you can do whatever the gently caress you want, short of shooting blues or other things like that.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I mean if you aren't willing to sit through some tedious poo poo for eve online, then why even play the game at all. It's nothing but tedious poo poo with small pockets of delicious marshmallow.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

you will not find a group that allows you to do more, with less responsibility, than goonwaffe. the application process is, uh, not entirely a one-click hand-held process, but once you're in and you install jabber (and be realistic, any group above a highsec corp will want third party apps) you can do whatever the gently caress you want, short of shooting blues or other things like that.

In particular I remember my experience in rando pubbie corps being just as bad if not worse for application process and responsibility. Goonwaffe not having participation requirements is a godsend for someone like me who can't be active for days to weeks at a time.

Private Speech posted:

I'm pretty sure Goonfleet ca. 2012 when I first joined was exactly the same in respect to that, just as much application stuff (mostly the exact same in fact).

I dunno I never thought it's particularly onerous, and if it helps keep bad spies out then hey all the better.

e: and the programs are all useful, mostly optional and are the same things everyone is using. except discord because it's trivial to gently caress with, which I'm sure you agree is a bad thing, and even then some groups use discord internally anyway

Yeah, my first go around in goonfleet was around the Fountain war and I don't think the application process seemed like it has changed at all except for the old API key stuff getting replaced with ESI.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Pretty much the only difference in application process between us and anyone else is that we use Jabber and Mumble instead of Discord. You will have to download two programs.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
At least back in 2013 when I first signed up I got several billion isk in donations for being a "cute newbee :shobon:" No such welcoming now!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i know it's super annoying to reset and find all your accounts, but like what other nullsec group are you gonna join, tapi?

lmao

also quantum cores, good/bad/based?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

quantum cores, good/bad/based?

Good. Fucks over everyone else more than goons.

Also, based on what?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Based on god lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

...install various third party apps to be able to do anything with anyone.

This isn't a fault of Goonfleet, it's a fault of EVE Online: A mediocre at best online spaceship game.