Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

JahRoo posted:

Yeah katakuri is actually 4'2" and looks like a huge dweeb so he wears a tough looking 9' Mochi suit to compensate.

My problem with that is that it would give him almost exactly the same power set as Trebol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm just gonna go with it being another Cracker situation.

Just a tiny dude piloting a mochi mech. A mechi.
So... Trebol!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

I just can't feel moved by the noble sacrifice of a dude I don't give a fuuuuuuck about

Pedro is dope and my bro.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bisse posted:

So... Trebol!

I thought trebol was a normal sized dude but just incredibly skinny? I meant a tiny guy in a mochi suit to look like a total stereotypical badass character.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I like Katakuri being just a really cool badass guy, and the silliness of his character coming from the fact that he fights with mochi (but completely seriously).

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I also like him being surrounded by a circus of crazy people and playing off them as the one professional dude in the setting.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Its hosed up that the adult baby got a super sad flashback and not the ma. Thats 90% percent snot vomsidering how much oda loves drawing snot crying

Godface
Jun 8, 2007

Awkward Social Situations Established Since 1988
I don't post here often, but I read this thread a lot, as it's probably one of the most well spoken spots on the internet in regards to One Piece.

We're on a chapter break next week and to fill the time. I want to know what everyone thinks the legendary One Piece treasure is?

We have about 10 - 12 years left of the manga to be published, so we'll have to be patient. Oda has said before he already know's what it is.

Purely speculative, but feel free to put it in spoilers in case you don't want to go on a boring adventure.

I think it's Gol D. Roger's captain hat

I'm 99% confident that I'm right and I'm happy to elaborate. But I'd really like to know what you all think it is.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

It'll be a device that summons an army of giant robots from one of the moons

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

In any case, considering Whitebeard's final words, one piece is probably something that will greatly disturb the world order.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

U-DO Burger posted:

In any case, considering Whitebeard's final words, one piece is probably something that will greatly disturb the world order.

Its the Devil Tree.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I doubt the One Piece is actually a treasure exactly. The whole reason Roger set this whole thing in motion is because he uncovered the secret truth behind the world and for whatever reason he couldn't do anything about it himself. The One Piece is probably the final piece of the puzzle that will enable the Straw Hats to turn the world on its head.

Or something like that.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

A Bug posted:

Its the Devil Tree.

Der Teufelsbaum?

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
I cant help but wonder if One Piece is what made Roger sick.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

U-DO Burger posted:

It's literally the internet.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the katakuri we see could just a mochi clone like doflamingo's string clone

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the treasure is actual treasure but its part of one piece, which is everything... the person who finds one piece is the most powerful and freest person on earth. it has to be luffy because anyone else would become a dictator, but luffy will just choose to have fun and do whatever. to get one piece, he must unify the entire world and create all blue.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

no but he left it all in one piece so it's a gold coin. hello?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

its nukes

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i've posted the full theory before but basically awakening, devil fruits, etc, changes the wavelength of stuff. haki is your willpower changing matter itself. the words rhythm, breath, wavelength (all used to describe matter and devil fruits, and human bodies) are all the same thing. with a powerful enough will, you can change one type of matter to another. since everything is made of the same stuff, everything is one piece, and the most powerful man alive has access to it.

but then he eats some meat and parties.

i actually have a ton of circumstantial evidence to back this up, and i don't think it's the actual world revelation (i think over explaining it would be dumb anyway) but its still fun and pretty complete of an idea.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

anime was right posted:

the treasure is actual treasure but its part of one piece, which is everything... the person who finds one piece is the most powerful and freest person on earth. it has to be luffy because anyone else would become a dictator, but luffy will just choose to have fun and do whatever. to get one piece, he must unify the entire world and create all blue.

This is basically my thoughts as well, lines up with the themes and making Sanji's dream come true. Also works as a pun, with one piece and one "peace", though I don't know if that's gonna be intentional

I don't really agree with the wavelength stuff, but whatever. :shrug:

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
I think the One Piece isn't an actual treasure but it's the actual journey and adventure of sailing around the world with your friends

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
one piece is the toilet they left on raftel

it'll be cool if raftel has a civilisation imo

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Jose posted:

one piece is the toilet they left on raftel

it'll be cool if raftel has a civilisation imo

its all full of normal everyday people who somehow survive the chaos of the new world

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
When you get to one piece it's a chest and when you open the chest it's the framed original art of Luffy crying because he couldn't even save a single bro but the original art has altered to match the English scalation

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
When Luffy sees it he becomes self aware and realizes he's a manga & breaks through the edge of the panel and travels shonen jump

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also, what exactly does being Pirate King entail? Just being the strongest and most respected man on the sea? Because if so hasn't Luffy kind of already reached or come very close to reaching that goal (the crew already has several allies both among other pirate crews and even in the World Government at this point after all). Or or does the act of conquering the Grand Line and finding One Piece automatically grant you that title?

Also, once he does manage all that what happens next? It seems to me that in this series, attaining that particular goal is only the first step towards the endgame. The world they live in itself is chaotic and broken and needs to be remade or else the cycle will just end up repeating itself all over again one day (I imagine the Straw Hats are going to be taking on the World Government directly one day at the very least).

Or Luffy could end up going down the same path Roger did but I doubt they'd end a Shounen manga with the main character being publicly executed.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 1, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Larryb posted:

Also, what exactly does being Pirate King entail? Just being the strongest and most respected man on the sea? Because if so hasn't Luffy kind of already reached or come very close to reaching that goal (the crew already has several allies both among other pirate crews and even in the World Government at this point after all). Or or does the act of conquering the Grand Line and finding One Piece automatically grant you that title?

Also, once he does manage all that what happens next? It seems to me that in this series, attaining that particular goal is only the first step towards the endgame. The world they live in itself is chaotic and broken and needs to be remade or else the cycle will just end up repeating itself all over again one day (I imagine the Straw Hats are going to be taking on the World Government directly one day at the very least).

Or Luffy could end up going down the same path Roger did but I doubt they'd end a Shounen manga with the main character being publicly executed.

Pirate King is the freest man in the world.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kild posted:

Pirate King is the freest man in the world.

Define freedom in this case as that could describe a lot of people in this series (even Roger himself was eventually captured and executed by the Marines so it's not like he was above the laws of the world despite his status).

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
he was only captured because he wanted to be captured

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I like the theory that One Piece is destroying the barriers to sailing everywhere in the world - causing the all blue to be formed and making Luffy the freest man in the world. This will involve the destruction of fishman island and using all the weapons from the void century.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If the one piece doesn't include a massive amount of actual treasure in addition to whatever metaphor and/or plot device it has I'm going to be pissed

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

naginalJJ posted:

I think the One Piece isn't an actual treasure but it's the actual journey and adventure of sailing around the world with your friends

oda says this one was wrong

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Countblanc posted:

If the one piece doesn't include a massive amount of actual treasure in addition to whatever metaphor and/or plot device it has I'm going to be pissed

luffy will give the treasure to buggy

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Countblanc posted:

Nami is gonna steal it all before the rest of the crew gets to it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Larryb posted:

Luffy's public execution will consist of Akainu ruthlessly mocking Ace, meat, dreams and the title of pirate king with such incredible venom that Luffy enrages and enters Gear 9, the transformation that shortens his lifespan by so much his balance plummets into the red and the universe retroactively kills him back in chapter 1.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cloks posted:

I like the theory that One Piece is destroying the barriers to sailing everywhere in the world - causing the all blue to be formed and making Luffy the freest man in the world. This will involve the destruction of fishman island and using all the weapons from the void century.

yeah something about nuking mariejois and/or the literal giant X on the map of One Piece that is Reverse Mountain.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

quote:

Oda: Yes, I already decided on how it’s going to end. Should I tell you now?
Sakura: …. Well, I want to know, but I probably shouldn’t. BUT, the One Piece, it’s not something like “the growth your heart went through”, right?
Oda: Hahaha, no no, I won’t be pulling off some kind of Wizard of Oz thing like that. After having gone through an adventure like that, it wouldn’t be fair to not actually give them a reward.

It'll probably be something that would let the Straw Hats shape the world or change it completely. But it's also a lot of treasure, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's the dragon balls