Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
hey bruh, I know that feel. don't hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
I made a runelabs thing for trouble brewing

https://secure.runescape.com/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=u3eE7vH*w9I/view-idea?idea=31710

Like, upboate, share and subscribe plz

(no but for real please support and spread it I want this game revived its actually really fun)

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

I gave you my upboats.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Terces posted:

I gave you my upboats.

And my axe!

joachim783
May 9, 2013

SleepingPizza posted:

I made a runelabs thing for trouble brewing

https://secure.runescape.com/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=u3eE7vH*w9I/view-idea?idea=31710

Like, upboate, share and subscribe plz

(no but for real please support and spread it I want this game revived its actually really fun)

supported

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Was kinda shocked to see it shot up to 12 supporters. Nice! How can i promote it so goonscape takes control of this game?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I was going to joke how its marginally better than most of the runelabs suggestions, but after reading it most of those suggestions would be easy to implement and it was actually A Good Idea.

The problem that mos le'harmless has is that its an area that takes some effort to get to for little reward, and that reward is way outdated(black masks). The area in general could use a boost, and that's one way of doing it.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

The problem that mos le'harmless has is that its an area that takes some effort to get to for little reward, and that reward is way outdated(black masks). The area in general could use a boost, and that's one way of doing it.

The same could be said for a lot of areas in the game. At least every player needs at least one black mask. There's no reward outside of quest progress for going to, say, Entrana. gently caress Entrana.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

By 'some effort' I meant a quest is a requirement for entry. That can't be said about most areas or at least not as much anymore.

e: Also

palamedes posted:

gently caress Entrana.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 2, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Hmm, I should have waited a couple of hours for max replies, but I'll take what I can get.

edit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/3181ff/one_rude_scaper/

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Apr 2, 2015

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

^ :allears:

Also, I saw that Jagex has a new merchandise shop!!
https://runescape.backstreetmerch.com/
It's about as nerdy as you'd expect.

I'm not into clothing merch but I bought the Rune Badges cause I'm a dumb nerd. They should add more non-clothing items.

Terces fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 3, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Terces posted:

^ :allears:

Also, I saw that Jagex has a new merchandise shop!!
https://runescape.backstreetmerch.com/
It's about as nerdy as you'd expect.

I'm not into clothing merch but I bought the Rune Badges cause I'm a dumb nerd. They should add more non-clothing items.

The clothes aren't as cool as i hoped. Kinda hoped for a t-shirt just with the deflect melee symbol on it or something nothing more.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I'd be ashamed to associate myself with anybody who'd willingly buy and wear something from that. They used to do more subdued stuff (made for The Chosen Commander), but I guess that's not nerdy enough.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

The forum thread for the merch stuff (here: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?278,279,146,65600783) has the usual suggestions for things like Skill/Max/Comp capes, Boss Bobbleheads, Foam Godswords and figurines/plushies (I would buy the gently caress out of some plushies tho), but also neat things like a Ring Of Kinship replica. It took until page 9 for someone to suggest Party Hats, which is impressive.

Naturally someone had to make these comments:

I guess the last one isn't as bad compared to some of the nerd poo poo already being sold.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
At least they're not selling clip-on "pixel" ties

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Can't wait for all the kitchen jokes that the apron and dish towel spawn. Every single one of those items in that store look incredibly bad.

Especially the rune buttons. What kind of selection is that? Shouldn't it be Air, Water, Earth, Fire, Mind, Body as Set 1, and Chaos, Death, Nature, Law, Blood, Soul for Set 2? What the gently caress is Air, Earth, Fire, Law, Body, Death? Any nerd who bought those buttons is the ultimate in nerdy nerds and should be laughed at for buying those buttons, LOLOLOLOLOL.

Even their merch is :jagex: as hell. I bet if they made plushies, they'd only make Yelps. Though if they made a Mod Mark bobblehead, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

We'll see who the real nerd is when my Runes arrive and I can cast spells irl, Pizza Loser.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'd actually buy a Ring of Kinship if it were decently made. They look very cool!

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I'd rather buy a girlfriend.

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

A pubbie already suggested a 'buying gf' shirt among other le funny runescape jokes.

:wink:

I actually like this pubbie.

HAIL SARA!

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Aptril BTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S2uWJCu7yE

Aquarium is coming

Vic is back but he's not back forever

Updates to Jmod powers. Jmods will be replaying world event 1 for people to try.

Beta updates.

Merchandise sutff

Solomans outfit

Ninja updates like moveable banktabs

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Jagex posted:

Whilst building it up, you’ll dolphinately gain access to a bunch of great fishing perks, especially the brand new great white shark, which you can fish, cook, eat, keep as a pet, plaice in your aquarium and even turn into sushi. YUM. Plus, 3 special new cosmetic diver’s suits and a new piece of music for you to tuna in too.

There’s no catch… try it out… don’t feel gill-ty! Bad puns I know but if you think you cod do batter, let minnow.

For more information, check out the design document on the forums and don’t forget, this great idea came courtesy of you, via the o-fishal polls.

Congratulations to Themata for landing a job at Jagex Ltd.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spergminer posted:

:suicide:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Themata posted:

I bet if they made plushies, they'd only make Yelps.

New on the Jagex merch store: Alice the Treasure Hunter body pillows! What treasure will this bright-eyed constant companion help you find?? Will you get LUCKY items with her? Give her the keys to your heart and take her for a spin!

Comes with 100 Treasure Hunter keys, retail price $79.99. Chances of lucky items not increased through this purchase.

vvv With a fee of one bond per use initially, increasing exponentially over time.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 3, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Soulhunter posted:

New on the Jagex merch store: Alice the Treasure Hunter body pillows! What treasure will this bright-eyed constant companion help you find?? Will you get LUCKY items with her? Give her the keys to your heart and take her for a spin!

Comes with 100 Treasure Hunter keys, retail price $79.99. Chances of lucky items not increased through this purchase.

only if it comes with one of those fleshlight things

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SleepingPizza posted:

only if it comes with one of those fleshlight things

better not be doing anything obscene with mai rs waifu.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:stonk:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

:circlefap:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

:stonk::fh:

e: vvv :stonk: vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Apr 4, 2015

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Spergminer posted:

Thank you. :) To everyone whining about me aquairing my new job, water you gonna do about it, quit the game? I had a talk with Mod Mark, and while he was floundering on the possibility of me joining the team, my puns not only made him envious swing his jelly fisht, but confinced him I was the rayght Pizza, ending our manta pizza talk with a 'Whalecome to the team!' He also asked for recommendations... so I was thinking Crystal Coral?

e: Apparently April Fools day was Pizza Lady day on Ratemyprofessors:

Themata fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 4, 2015

allta
Mar 28, 2011

SleepingPizza posted:

Aptril BTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S2uWJCu7yE

Aquarium is coming

Vic is back but he's not back forever

Updates to Jmod powers. Jmods will be replaying world event 1 for people to try.

Beta updates.

Merchandise sutff

Solomans outfit

Ninja updates like moveable banktabs

So that's....1 real update this month? Welp keep up the good work jagex, maybe next month you can recycle old content all month instead of just most of it like you did this month!

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

allta posted:

So that's....1 real update this month? Welp keep up the good work jagex, maybe next month you can recycle old content all month instead of just most of it like you did this month!

That was basically my opinion on this... Oh well, aquariums -do- look kinda huge.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
In May we get Tuska, so they probably have a lot of resources tied up on that.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Pina Coladas posted:

In May we get Tuska, so they probably have a lot of resources tied up on that.

I thought it was pushed back to June/July as the big summer update they roll out every year to get that sweet, sweet middle schooler cash?

Selling white items 100m ea

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Apr 5, 2015

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Spergy are you going for trim?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

Spergy are you going for trim?

Nah, just doing mixed poo poo. Going for "the Delver" right now.

Speaking of mixed poo poo; Trout gave 20,420,420 gp to a cow on april fools day. :wtf:

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 5, 2015

TheInsaneHusky
Apr 5, 2015
I tried to get back into RS after a 3 year break, i liked some of the updates. To bad my account got banned the day before i wanted to play. Lol

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
what for?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Does anyone know a good monster to kill that drops rune armor and weapons regularly? I finally took my spring cleaner with me on a gargoyle task and each spring I used(1500 approx) would give me two to three rune ores(20000-30000). Ended up with about 2.5 million additional from the task, and now that I think about it I haven't even checked how much coal I got from it.

Either that or if anyone knows of a better use for the cleaner I'd like to know. I have over 1000 total charges available and want to use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Does anyone know a good monster to kill that drops rune armor and weapons regularly? I finally took my spring cleaner with me on a gargoyle task and each spring I used(1500 approx) would give me two to three rune ores(20000-30000). Ended up with about 2.5 million additional from the task, and now that I think about it I haven't even checked how much coal I got from it.

Either that or if anyone knows of a better use for the cleaner I'd like to know. I have over 1000 total charges available and want to use them.

Set the spring cleaner to rune armour only, go to town on these guys.

They commonly drop rune helms and daggers which is 1 ore each. And they also drop rune chainbodies which are 3 ores fairly often. Bring an upgraded gem bag and an adult legendary pet for picking up all the diamonds and dragonstones.