Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Fog Tripper posted:

Let us discuss hats then. More your speed?

It sure is good that they ignored Elmore Leonard when picking hats. That hat Raylan takes from Boone looks like poo poo, and it would have been hard to put up with it for six seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

tomapot posted:

I couldn't find the full scene online but this showdown on the highway in "Long in the Tooth" is one of my favorites. About 50 seconds in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP7e5NQgwXw

I don't know why it stands out to me but that is a great gunshot sound at 1:01.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Welp, that does it. I'm rewatching the series.

Friendly reminder that Seasons 1-5 are free on Amazon Prime.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

JohnSherman posted:

It sure is good that they ignored Elmore Leonard when picking hats. That hat Raylan takes from Boone looks like poo poo, and it would have been hard to put up with it for six seasons.

Amen to that. I would have been better had it been a baseball cap.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

isk posted:

Welp, that does it. I'm rewatching the series.

Friendly reminder that Seasons 1-5 are free on Amazon Prime.

Part of the reason I dumped netflix. Also seasons 1 and 2 of above mentioned Hannibal. Different genre, but production, storyline and acting actually eclipse justified.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
For all of Boon's being a wannabe cowboy, he forgot the words of the lawman who brought down the Cowboys:

Wyatt Earp posted:

Fast is fine. But accuracy is final.

Guess Raylan really took that lesson to heart.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Except Raylan was faster - he waited for Boon to draw first.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

VagueRant posted:

Except Raylan was faster - he waited for Boon to draw first.

Yeah. So it would be justified.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

JohnSherman posted:

I thought Boone's hat worked with the rest of his outfit, but it looked like poo poo on Raylan. He didn't have the right head shape for it and it didn't go with anything he wore. It's why the Fedora has become such a hated thing on the internet. People just put one on and assume it elevates everything else they are wearing instead of realizing it has to work in context.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Armyman25 posted:

I thought Boone's hat worked with the rest of his outfit, but it looked like poo poo on Raylan. He didn't have the right head shape for it and it didn't go with anything he wore. It's why the Fedora has become such a hated thing on the internet. People just put one on and assume it elevates everything else they are wearing instead of realizing it has to work in context.

Boon actually pulled it off better, IMO.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Astroman posted:

Boon actually pulled it off better, IMO.

I agree, that's what I was trying to say. It worked with Boone's style and outfit, it didn't work at all on Raylan.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Armyman25 posted:

I agree, that's what I was trying to say. It worked with Boone's style and outfit, it didn't work at all on Raylan.

Don't be too hard on Raylan. He just tried it on and it fit.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

10 Beers posted:

Don't be too hard on Raylan. He just tried it on and it fit.

Man you just know that means there's an untold story about the first hat. Some cool standoff we'll never see.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Or... not :eyepop:

Is someone really going to pay at LEAST 5 times what this thing is worth?

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

Hughmoris posted:

I don't know why it stands out to me but that is a great gunshot sound at 1:01.

It really is. I'm kinda sad they didn't stick with gunshot sounds like that.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Look Sir Droids posted:

I'm all for a Tim and Rachel show, but they need to get out of Kentucky. Kentucky is Raylan and Boyd.

Nope. The spinoff is going to be Uncle Zacharia joining the Marshal Service and traveling from town to town for various adventures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhaCawi-29g

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Can someone going through the series find a scene for me? Gary and Winona are talking in his office about putting vanilla extract on tin foil to make houses smell better. I think it's in season 2, and it might be right around when he recommends getting a divorce.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

User-Friendly posted:

Can someone going through the series find a scene for me? Gary and Winona are talking in his office about putting vanilla extract on tin foil to make houses smell better. I think it's in season 2, and it might be right around when he recommends getting a divorce.

S02E04 - For Blood or Money.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Watching old season clips made me remember how much Boyd and Raylan teamed up early on. Remember that time they took a road trip to Florida to chase down that mafia lady? Teaming up in the cabin shootout? Good times.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Stupid thing keeps speeding up a couple fps but here's the final scene...http://i.imgur.com/vTB6pSX.gifv

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Just noticed Boyd's little half-wink there.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What is the sentence Raylan says before Boyd says 'we dug coal together'? I've listened to it like 5 times and the closest I can get it "I guess there is one thing that keeps me coming back to you"

mewse
May 2, 2006

Pron on VHS posted:

What is the sentence Raylan says before Boyd says 'we dug coal together'? I've listened to it like 5 times and the closest I can get it "I guess there is one thing that keeps me coming back to you"

It's subtitled in the gif two posts above yours

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010
Sad to see this totally underrated show ride off into the sunset. I've always maintained it's right up there with Breaking Bad in quality. Only difference was tone of course, Justified was a way different show. Unfortunately it's unlikely we won't see this type of unique show set in the south again.

I think this is the best "adaptation" of Leonard yet. Don't care for Get Shorty at all because self flagellating films about hollywood or the L.A. scene just don't appeal.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.

I'm gonna miss this show.

Watommi fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 21, 2015

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Watommi posted:

How did Dilahunt's character die? Last thing I remember is him giving his credit cards to the frat bros after he did surgery on himself. For that matter, what happened to his sidekick that took Markham's money? For the life of me I can't remember how either of them died.
I'm gonna miss this show.
Dilahunt got shot in the back by Raylan, after trying to force Boyd into helping him. Sidekick got shot by Katherine with her purse gun.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Fog Tripper posted:

Have been marathoning Hannibal. Boon is in S2.

Hah, Dickey Crow as well a couple eps later. Same haircut too. :)

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Modus Operandi posted:

I think this is the best "adaptation" of Leonard yet. Don't care for Get Shorty at all because self flagellating films about hollywood or the L.A. scene just don't appeal.

Out of Sight is the only one I think gives it a run for it's money. That's a great movie.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

AFewBricksShy posted:

Out of Sight is the only one I think gives it a run for it's money. That's a great movie.
I have a lot of love for Out of Sight, and not just because they filmed a good chunk of the movie in Detroit. It's just a sexy, sexy film.

Jackie Brown should be in the conversation, or is that too Tarantino?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Jackie Brown is fantastic, and should definitely be mentioned. I'd still put Justified and Out of Sight above it, but that's just my opinion.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

AFewBricksShy posted:

Steven Soderbergh, yo.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
There was a good Elmore Leonard movie called Life of Crime that came out recently. It was set in 70s Detroit and had an awesome cast.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
So what is everyone going to watch on Tuesday nights now? :smith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hughmoris posted:

How quickly the level of whiskey in this glass dwindles as I drown my sorrows.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hughmoris posted:

I'm going to turn on FX and hope that by some magic the wacky adventures of Raylan and Dave Koechner shows up.

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

Jackie Brown is fantastic, and should definitely be mentioned. I'd still put Justified and Out of Sight above it, but that's just my opinion.

Completely forgot about Jackie Brown. It's definitely up there but still more Tarantino than Leonard. I agree Out of Sight got the tone right as well. It's unfortunate Leonard couldn't give us at least another decade of writing.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hughmoris posted:

The Flash. It's fun, but also not Justified. I wish Brooklyn Nine Nine was still on Tuesdays.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
This is the first time I've ever been like "oh cool, its x day of the week, i wonder what will happen in tonights tv show"

and that tv show is over

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunterhr
Jan 4, 2007

And The Beast, Satan said unto the LORD, "You Fucking Suck" and juked him out of his goddamn shoes

Rhyno posted:

How quickly the level of whiskey in this glass dwindles as I drown my sorrows.

Whiskey and Assholes: The Justified Legacy

• Locked thread