Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Ghaz posted:

lost most of his hands to diabetes

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
When in Vegas, what burgs need to be sampled?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

B1axident posted:

When in Vegas, what burgs need to be sampled?
6 years ago i went on my first trip to vegas after i had turned 21. we left later in the day and didn't arrive until about midnight. we were burnt the gently caress out and hungry so, since we were staying at planet hollywood, we went to "planet dailies", a sit down place that was open. i ordered a "kobe beef burger" with a fried egg (i put kobe beef burger in quotes cause i mean it probably wasn't really but who gives a poo poo) and it was the greatest thing i had ever eaten.

the burger was probably just slightly above average and it was the circumstances that made it so perfect. that is why i tell the whole tale.

anywho, i recommend that. it was extremely inexpensive for vegas as well so i mean you could just try it and then loving throw it on the floor and go to some fancy place if it doesn't meet your standards.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
made a pair of burgs tonight.

onion bun, lightly toasted on the insides. 2/3 or so pound patties, left thick and juicey but cooked to well. grilled red onions on the top and bottom of the bun. extra sharp white cheddar, not grat but I wanted to try it. iceburg lettuce, tomato and thousand island dressing (aka burger and reuben sauce).

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

onion bun, lightly toasted on the insides. 2/3 or so pound patties, left thick and juicey but cooked to well. grilled red onions on the top and bottom of the bun. extra sharp white cheddar, not grat but I wanted to try it. iceburg lettuce, tomato and thousand island dressing (aka burger and reuben sauce).

ha, i hope you drank that torpedo after eating. looks good man!

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Sizone posted:

how did you deal with the height: long-jaw, smoosh, asymetric bites? in any case, ive been thinking a lot lately about a tight but not too tight wrap on fresh burg pre-eat, kaiser bun especially

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Ghaz posted:

how did you deal with the height: long-jaw, smoosh, asymetric bites? in any case, ive been thinking a lot lately about a tight but not too tight wrap on fresh burg pre-eat, kaiser bun especially

iceburg lettuce compresses. those were "glamor shots" to show off the patty and the grilled onions. also, my mouth is pretty loving big. it has to be to let all the wisdom out.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Sizone posted:

lol your house looks ghetto as hell

cams
Mar 28, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

lol your house looks ghetto as hell
who gives a gently caress, homes are nothing but a place for us to sleep. burgers are an experience, they are sustenance, they are joy. go watch loving vanilla ice buy houses on hgtv you loving loser

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
it sure does, I live in Hawaii. everything outside of a few tiny pockets of absurd wealth is ghetto as all hell.

e: and is stupidly expensive. those burgs cost, like, almost 10$ each to prepare.

Sizone fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Mar 5, 2015

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
looks like my summer cabin, 'id love to live there but heating with electricity in the winter is expensive as gently caress

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Sizone posted:

iceburg lettuce compresses. those were "glamor shots" to show off the patty and the grilled onions. also, my mouth is pretty loving big. it has to be to let all the wisdom out.

id be loving terrified to smash crispy full bodied IBL on a fresh burg. id hate to ruin any part of the bun/meat's texture/structure with an uneven smash

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sizone posted:

e: and is stupidly expensive. those burgs cost, like, almost 10$ each to prepare.
drat for real? i could go to slaters 50/50 tomorrow and get a 1lb burger with tons of fancy shmancy toppings for 20bux this is a great idea i'm gonna do that

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Sizone posted:

it sure does, I live in Hawaii. everything outside of a few tiny pockets of absurd wealth is ghetto as all hell.

i think you have the same burg problem i have with my home burgs. i can't for the life of me get the burg the right size for the bun.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

cams posted:

go watch loving vanilla ice buy houses on hgtv you loving loser

drat son i would watch the gently caress out of this if i could

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Ghaz posted:

id be loving terrified to smash crispy full bodied IBL on a fresh burg. id hate to ruin any part of the bun/meat's texture/structure with an uneven smash

dude, lettuce has zero tinsel strength. you ain't gonna hurt your burg pressing down lettuce on it.

cams posted:

drat for real? i could go to slaters 50/50 tomorrow and get a 1lb burger with tons of fancy shmancy toppings for 20bux this is a great idea i'm gonna do that

pretty much, 6.50$ for the cheese (only used 1/4 of it for the burgs, but that was the minimum cheese purchase), 3.50$ (!) for a head of lettuce, another 1$ for the tomato, 5$ for the buns (though I still have 6 of them left for tomorrow's reubens), almost 8$ for a pound and a half of cow, 3$ something for a tiny bottle of 1k island dressing and I don't remember how much for the onion.

also I bought from the stupid grocery store, I didn't go in there expecting to come out with a burg kit. but the smart grocery store isn't a whole lot cheaper.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

RideTheSpiral posted:

i think you have the same burg problem i have with my home burgs. i can't for the life of me get the burg the right size for the bun.

it's easy, just make them about 1 & 1/3rd the width of the bun, when cooked down they'll overlap the bun a little. mine shrunk a little more than I was expecting and I wasn't in the mood to press them.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Sizone posted:

dude, lettuce has zero tinsel strength. you ain't gonna hurt your burg pressing down lettuce on it.

pretty much, 6.50$ for the cheese (only used 1/4 of it for the burgs, but that was the minimum cheese purchase), 3.50$ (!) for a head of lettuce, another 1$ for the tomato, 5$ for the buns (though I still have 6 of them left for tomorrow's reubens), almost 8$ for a pound and a half of cow, 3$ something for a tiny bottle of 1k island dressing and I don't remember how much for the onion.

also I bought from the stupid grocery store, I didn't go in there expecting to come out with a burg kit. but the smart grocery store isn't a whole lot cheaper.

I ate a big mac in geneva a few weeks ago and it cost 10 euros (no fries of drink) lol

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Sizone posted:

it's easy, just make them about 1 & 1/3rd the width of the bun, when cooked down they'll overlap the bun a little. mine shrunk a little more than I was expecting and I wasn't in the mood to press them.

i just cant do it because im an actual retard

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

RideTheSpiral posted:

i just cant do it because im an actual retard

you need to find someone real smart to gently caress you in the rear end and pump a ton of cum in you. your rear end will osmosisize the smarts into your brain

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

you need to find someone real smart to gently caress you in the rear end and pump a ton of cum in you. your rear end will osmosisize the smarts into your brain

burg talk

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Sizone posted:

Strong talk from a man who just posted a burg with a considerable bun overlap

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

RideTheSpiral posted:

Strong talk from a man who just posted a burg with a considerable bun overlap

the difference between you and I, kid, is that you can't ever form a patty to the right size. Me, it takes coming home after working all day with a wicked hangover, and cooking a burg on what is, effectively, my friday night, exhausted , hungry and fed up to get a burg/bun mismatch of that degree.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.
shut the eff up and post more burgs

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Whole wheat buns are for Turkey and Chicken.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Norns posted:

Whole wheat buns are for Turkey and Chicken.

Son u have no clue and still your dickholster keeps flapping

That poo poo is proper rye bread and it will go with anything, disagree and I will fight u

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

none of that willy nilly american rye poo poo but coarse, tough and it makes you poo poo like never before

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

godamn

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

onion roll 4 life but

2 much lettuce

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Nebelwerfer posted:

none of that willy nilly american rye poo poo but coarse, tough and it makes you poo poo like never before

Nebelwerfer posted:

That poo poo is proper rye bread and it will go with anything, disagree and I will fight u

Nebelwerfer posted:

shut the eff up

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Nebelwerfer posted:

Rye goes with everything except peanut butter. I'm more worried that the burger in the pic appears to be purple. purple is an unhealthy color for burgs

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Sweet Tea posted:

onion roll 4 life but

2 much lettuce

that's, like, 2 leaves per burg, it just isn't shredded or compressed. I worried about that myself until I realized that, had it been any less, it wouldn't have provided lettuce crunch

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

Rye goes with everything except peanut butter. I'm more worried that the burger in the pic appears to be purple. purple is an unhealthy color for burgs

photoshop fuckup by mickey d's

those rye burgs were surprisingly good, esp. mcfeast. el maco was decent too. QP was too dry, rye burger needs a good sauce or mayo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nebelwerfer posted:

You're a bit hostile for a burger thread, hoss.

Sorry I didnt realize the RUiS McWhatever was trying to be some kind of Ruben burger hybrid. My bad.

Go punch a wall.

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Sizone posted:

might be that ur screen needs recalibrating brah

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

Norns posted:

Sorry I didnt realize the RUiS McWhatever was trying to be some kind of Ruben burger hybrid. My bad.

Go punch a wall.

lmao u got so mad that ur using proper punctuation

chill man I was just messing with u

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Norns posted:

Go punch a wall.

it's just a burg w/ a finnish style rye bread. not that exotic, the bread is just make out of rye

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I've used dill rye in a pinch for a bun. It was okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

the gently caress

• Locked thread