Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tehan
Jan 19, 2011

wit posted:

Does chum think dog food cans are full of food made from dogs?

Why else would a picture of a dog be on a can of perfectly good food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
I like how if you fall too far Max's bad leg goes out on him and he hobbles around for a bit.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Whitezombi posted:

If you haven't noticed Chum is bat poo poo insane.

There seemed something a little off about him, yeah. I was just wondering if that was a subtle joke about how people don't really remember pre-apocalypse (has a picture of a dog and has food inside, therefore dogs are called dinki-di and that must be what they put in the cans) or maybe I'm filling in gaps myself.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Saw this pop up on stream a few days "MAD MAX: THE GAME! BUY NOW!' And my response was "eh, another tie in game" and didn't look too much into it.

Saw someone playing it last night and checked the steam page. Apparently it's a mixture of Farcry/Just Cause and My Little Orksies Shadow of Mordor and actually really good? Is this an accurate description of the game, because if so I just might burn a bit of my paycheck to play this.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Max's leg brace squeaks sometimes, or at least it does early in the game.

Also if you fall from a height, he'll land poorly and limp on it for a while.

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I like how if you fall too far Max's bad leg goes out on him and he hobbles around for a bit.

Gah!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Alkydere posted:

Saw this pop up on stream a few days "MAD MAX: THE GAME! BUY NOW!' And my response was "eh, another tie in game" and didn't look too much into it.

Saw someone playing it last night and checked the steam page. Apparently it's a mixture of Farcry/Just Cause and My Little Orksies Shadow of Mordor and actually really good? Is this an accurate description of the game, because if so I just might burn a bit of my paycheck to play this.

This actually is accurate. Keep in mind though that it shares some of those games flaws too however in that it gets repetitive, etc. But if you like that kind of game in general you will love this.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I didnt think Volition (the +scrap when looting scrap) was all too good, but gently caress if I was gonna put points into the +health when eating food. Then I braved a storm to find me some muthaloot boxes. The boxes have 3 parts each, each worth 100. With 50% into volition you get 25 extra scrap for each of those parts. So a single mutahloot box is worth 375 scrap instead of 300. I managed to snag 3 in a single storm - it's a nice additive bonus.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

wit posted:

There seemed something a little off about him, yeah. I was just wondering if that was a subtle joke about how people don't really remember pre-apocalypse (has a picture of a dog and has food inside, therefore dogs are called dinki-di and that must be what they put in the cans) or maybe I'm filling in gaps myself.

He's eccentric because Mad Max has an eccentric "buddy" in each movie at some point.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Neo Rasa posted:

This actually is accurate. Keep in mind though that it shares some of those games flaws too however in that it gets repetitive, etc. But if you like that kind of game in general you will love this.

Welp, goodbye money! :v:

And yeah, I never complete those games but I still liked them. I mean, I only did about 2/3s of Just Cause 2 but I still had a blast grappling the ground to fly over an enemy base and flattening it with RPGs before grapple-gliding off into the sunset.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Alkydere posted:

And yeah, I never complete those games but I still liked them. I mean, I only did about 2/3s of Just Cause 2 but I still had a blast grappling the ground to fly over an enemy base and flattening it with RPGs before grapple-gliding off into the sunset.

There are a lot of places to get it at a pretty deep discount. I used G2A and it cost me like $19. There are a bunch of other "grey market" vendors that have it for cheap as well.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

Alkydere posted:

It's still $20 here:

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc?gclid=CKzDtpHb28cCFc0lgQodEnQEFg

It's legit. Been playing it since it came out. I used paypal to pay.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It really is a fantastic, ridiculously enjoyable game.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Capture Mode is alot of fun. I like how you can put stuff on the pictures you take to it make it look like an actual promotional screenshot or wallpaper. Forgot to turn subtitles off though. Oh well. :v:

[

Hobo Max is the best Max

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!

Whitezombi posted:

If you haven't noticed Chum is bat poo poo insane.

Nah, he's fine. :shobon:

I tried to throw a gas can at a fuel station. Instead it auto targeted the enemy below me.

Also I hope there's a sandbox mode at some point that lets you turn up the frequency of storms

:black101:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So it turns out if you fully upgrade the V6, it gets a wicked twin turbo setup that pokes through the hood.

It also sounds properly boosted as well. Nice attention to detail there :allears:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

T1g4h posted:

So it turns out if you fully upgrade the V6, it gets a wicked twin turbo setup that pokes through the hood.

It also sounds properly boosted as well. Nice attention to detail there :allears:

Chumbucket is apparently above spitting gasoline into those open headers, opting to fart out nitrous oxide at whim.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I updated the OP now that the game is out. For anyone who wants to know whether or not the game is good, you can direct them there because I've assembled a collection of goon quotes, images, and videos from the game that show off what it's all about. If anything else sweet pops up, I'll try and remember to add it there.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

God I was so torn on whether to go with the Die Rolla or Deathrattle. I'm still mostly content with my choice, but man I wish I didn't have to seek out each body individually to be able to swap things around.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Blind Sally posted:

I updated the OP now that the game is out. For anyone who wants to know whether or not the game is good, you can direct them there because I've assembled a collection of goon quotes, images, and videos from the game that show off what it's all about. If anything else sweet pops up, I'll try and remember to add it there.

gently caress yeah, some of my screens made it into the OP! I feel hilariously proud of this :v:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Boombugs are nuts. That's the physics shockwave nearly flipping me from 3-4 car lengths away. It even has an ear-ringing sound effect for a time after the explosion. Are they packing C4 into those bugs?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
This is sort of Tomb Raider with cars and Batman fighting

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Alkydere posted:

It's pretty accurate. It's really as fun as you put into it, provided you enjoy T-boning fools and revel in their misery.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

DatonKallandor posted:

Boombugs are nuts. That's the physics shockwave nearly flipping me from 3-4 car lengths away. It even has an ear-ringing sound effect for a time after the explosion. Are they packing C4 into those bugs?

I found one recently too!

Gotta stay warm when clearing mines.

Firing the thunderpoon at incoming cars never gets old.

Daztek fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 3, 2015

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I have to really question the idea of eating maggots, scooped from corpses, as a survival food. Long term this does not seem like a Good Idea.

Edit: then again a lot of this game's mad max uni doesnt make super sense - shotgun shells would seem to be pretty hard to make, even if you have black powder and used grinded metal instead of pellets.

Then again - I can drive a spiky car across a dried seabed with a skull on my hood and revel in explosions. Game is great, game is pretty.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 3, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I didn't even realise you could stomp rats flat for convenient munching. Sometimes Chum would comment on it when I accidentally ran one over, but since they're so small I never noticed it. Crazy.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Advertising claimed Max would be able to drink his own urine if you ran too low on water. Someone confirm this.

Can you drink your own pee? (y/n)

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Max spies something in the distance.

However, some scavengers were in hot pursuit.

Forcing him out of the car, he is left to dispatch of his foes on foot.

To the victor goes the spoils.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I swear, when Max is done being a wanderer he should try-out for WWE.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blind Sally posted:

Advertising claimed Max would be able to drink his own urine if you ran too low on water. Someone confirm this.

Can you drink your own pee? (y/n)

not that ive seen, but im pretty good about staying topped off on resources

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Having to watch the same canned animations for eating dog food and filling up the canteen is getting a bit old. Also having to manually raise/lower the balloons, that poo poo takes fffooorrreeevvverrrrr.

Other than that it's pretty fun.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/3/9255763/mad-max-video-game

it seems like all the sites i think are poo poo, hate this game. because it isnt "progressive" like the movie.

Edit: its Chris Plante, because of course its the one guy who gets triggered by fun.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 3, 2015

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Seriously gently caress balloons holy poo poo.

They're the real enemy I wanna blow up.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

mlmp08 posted:

Seriously gently caress balloons holy poo poo.

They're the real enemy I wanna blow up.
But they're pretty optional; it's not hard to just drive around the area and blow up poo poo you find.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Tehan posted:

Why else would a picture of a dog be on a can of perfectly good food?

this happened in africa when gerber foods moved in. they thought it was literally jars of pureed baby

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Niggurath posted:

But they're pretty optional; it's not hard to just drive around the area and blow up poo poo you find.

I only do maybe 1/4 of them and they still piss me off. I try to get the ones far away for a fast travel point in case I run short on time and need to finish poo poo more efficiently.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Rudager posted:

Having to watch the same canned animations for eating dog food and filling up the canteen is getting a bit old. Also having to manually raise/lower the balloons, that poo poo takes fffooorrreeevvverrrrr.

Other than that it's pretty fun.

It takes like 15-20 seconds to get up to where you use the binocs..... if that is an impossible wait for you I have bad news. You are a sperg.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Here's a list of camps where I can't find all the poo poo:

Rust Bird in the Colossus region: 5/6 scrap
The Scavenging Location across the rope bridge in the Blackmaws above the "S" in Blackmaws on the map: 2/3 scrap
Finger Peak, the lighthouse in the Chalkies region: 3/4 insignias
And how the hell do I get into the balloon outpost in Grit Canyon?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Hey so I drink Rockstars at work because gently caress you, don't judge me, it's cheaper than Red Bull. Anyway do you guys want some hood ornaments, first come first served.

R794T98F8WPV
9N88P42F463P
3438J98L4CHN
3R22RN7H787J

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

3R22RN7H787J

got this one. gracias amigo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Found The Twelve. No armor whatsoever but holy poo poo is it fast.

• Locked thread