Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rAtpiydnS0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

when will we know anything about the NX? next year's E3?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

The modern game market is poo poo driven by retards though, what can you really do about that?

Tell Gabe to shut Steam down.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

setafd posted:

probably

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

setafd posted:

everyone seems to be betting on that

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

program666 posted:

everyone seems to be betting on that

The Dev kits are already in the hands of people as of a few months ago.

So yeah 2016 is the year of the NX.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Seen Connery will infiltrate alcatraz to destory the NX before it can be used against america.

or was that vx? whatever

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the warhammer thread really liked this although they play warhammer and thus have bad taste in games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

the warhammer thread really liked this although they play warhammer and thus have bad taste in games

its l4d with more melee

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

literally what he did to the wii-u in his last announcement.

Erased that honorless disgrace from the face of the earth.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Broseph Brostar posted:

The GameCube was great, even with the lovely c-stick

the d-pad was nothing to write home about either but the general feel of that controller was so money. it was genius to make the A button much larger and central with the B, X and Y buttons sort of "orbiting" it. more controllers should recognize that most games are gonna have one button you press a lot more than the others imo

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2015/10/29/nintendo-unveils-first-smartphone-game-live-blog/

There's the Liveblog. Happening now.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i cant wait for the wiinx

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Only on New Wii Une

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

precision posted:

the d-pad was nothing to write home about either but the general feel of that controller was so money. it was genius to make the A button much larger and central with the B, X and Y buttons sort of "orbiting" it. more controllers should recognize that most games are gonna have one button you press a lot more than the others imo

They're great for most games, but it was a pain in the rear end to do certain moves on Soul Caliber 2 with them. I straight up can't play smash bros without those face buttons. I wish the analog+digital triggers became standard because those were nifty, although I can't remember using the digital buttons for anything except for Luigi's mansion.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I like that the GCN controller pioneered pressure-sensitive triggers. That stuff's great in racing games.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Lurdiak posted:

I like that the GCN controller pioneered pressure-sensitive triggers. That stuff's great in racing games.

Someone didn't own a Dreamcast.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the ps2 had pressure sensiivrive face buttons, back buttons/triuggers and dpad

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
And it made playing GT3 hurt my hands like hell after too long. I was not a fan of analog face buttons.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bloodychill posted:

And it made playing GT3 hurt my hands like hell after too long. I was not a fan of analog face buttons.

basck buttons were analog too so should've switchied controls to them. dunno if gt3 would let u use the triggers like that tho but would be weird if they turned offif the analog controls if u switched buttons

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Zachack posted:

Someone didn't own a Dreamcast.

Is it everyone?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

precision posted:

The lovely Z-Button and the lack of an equivalent on the other side didn't help either, especially on cross-platform stuff

Doing first-party wireless properly was one of the best things about the Gamecube's controller.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Stux posted:

basck buttons were analog too so should've switchied controls to them. dunno if gt3 would let u use the triggers like that tho but would be weird if they turned offif the analog controls if u switched buttons

chchag CHhaughh caugurhgh acuaghughrugh. Ruguh? kkauu. almao. hth.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DIS wa'maHcha' NatlhoMlu'meH: 'Iv john galt? john galt jatlh ghotvam'e'. ghot yIn muSHa' 'Iv. loD wej 'oy'mo' lo'laHghach pagh lo'taHvIS 'Iv. loD SoH deprived victims 'ej vaj qo' Qaw' 'ej qatlh perishing SoH 'e' Sov DaneHchugh-SoH 'Iv Sov HajmoHbogh-loD 'Iv DaH jIjawQo'.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

kalstrams posted:

DIS wa'maHcha' NatlhoMlu'meH: 'Iv john galt? john galt jatlh ghotvam'e'. ghot yIn muSHa' 'Iv. loD wej 'oy'mo' lo'laHghach pagh lo'taHvIS 'Iv. loD SoH deprived victims 'ej vaj qo' Qaw' 'ej qatlh perishing SoH 'e' Sov DaneHchugh-SoH 'Iv Sov HajmoHbogh-loD 'Iv DaH jIjawQo'.

Overstuxing

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I think I'm burned out on Prison Architect, what else should I play in a similar vein? I bought Rimworld but that game means it when it says alpha so I think I'm going to hold off until it's really released.

Edit: Mac support is a bonus.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

tuyop posted:

I think I'm burned out on Prison Architect, what else should I play in a similar vein? I bought Rimworld but that game means it when it says alpha so I think I'm going to hold off until it's really released.

Edit: Mac support is a bonus.
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 if you're looking for another tycoon game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Instant Sunrise posted:

:yeah:

tbh these kind of contests between platforms is all that are really left of the old console wars now that almost everything is multiplat

Nintendo still kicks everybody's rear end

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
I'm still in the boat Amiga , even after years, still existing is the longest running gaming console.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

In Training posted:

Nintendo still kicks everybody's rear end

this is very true.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Adam Bowen posted:

The Wii U only has a one year head start but it has at least a dozen good games and the ps4/bone together have 2 or 3. The NX is going to own too

Yeah. The Miiverse is epic too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

precision posted:

I need to get a GameCube again so I can play Metroid Prime with the OG controls...it's a perfect game and the controller works flawlessly with it, even somewhat unintentionally with the A/Y mashing for quick missiles being super easy on a GC controller because of button placement

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

In Training posted:

I need to get a GameCube again so I can play Metroid Prime with the OG controls...it's a perfect game and the controller works flawlessly with it, even somewhat unintentionally with the A/Y mashing for quick missiles being super easy on a GC controller because of button placement

homebrew your wii u and play your gamecube metroid on it

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

Yeah. The Miiverse is epic too.

Putting Miiverse in games is the best thing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

homebrew your wii u and play your gamecube metroid on it

I did that but for some reason L jumping wouldn't work and it drove me nuts

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It did lead me to replaying a lot f TTYD though, so that was nice.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.08h46.com/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHj40D0O6Ss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Jfc PC Batman, just stop

We asked Digital Foundry to take a quick look at the game as it stands - the results suggest that Batman: Arkham Knight today has seen no further improvements from its interim patch back in September.

The only noticeable changes were the addition of support for add-on and season pass content.

• Locked thread