Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
chilling in the NAB fortress with free beer on old boys day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Free beer? Sign me the gently caress up.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
haven't paid for a beeer si nce 11:30 nice day :)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I never thought I would see the day a team worse than the 98 & 99 Magpies. 7 wins in total.

Now I have. Newcastle 16 & 17 take a bow. 6 wins in two years.

Spooncastle.

A good picture.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
All thanks to Wayne loving the salary cap up so bad

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thank u friend

ili
Jul 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

All thanks to Wayne loving the salary cap up so bad

Newy's problems run deeper than that. A fat wanker of an owner demanding results right now, while not paying the players who are also missing out on TPA's because the fat loving wanker ran up debts with the businesses and then refused to pay his bills and also was texting the players calling them cunts and telling them he's going to trade them to other clubs didn't really help.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ili posted:

Newy's problems run deeper than that. A fat wanker of an owner demanding results right now, while not paying the players who are also missing out on TPA's because the fat loving wanker ran up debts with the businesses and then refused to pay his bills and also was texting the players calling them cunts and telling them he's going to trade them to other clubs didn't really help.
Yeah...thankfully that's over now

all hail Nathan Brown

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

MiniSune posted:

I never thought I would see the day a team worse than the 98 & 99 Magpies. 7 wins in total.

Now I have. Newcastle 16 & 17 take a bow. 6 wins in two years.

Spooncastle.

A good picture.

the W/L may say they were worse but no loving way were their performances anywhere near that level of putrid

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Agreed. Nobody will ever be as pathetically toothless as wests were.

Although thanks for taking the spoon from us, Newcastle.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

the W/L may say they were worse but no loving way were their performances anywhere near that level of putrid

Newy also hold the longest losing streak as well set during this time. But yes Wests still hold the most points conceded by a fair margin.

But you could also argue the Newy one was worse as the quality of players should have been of a much higher standard, being its only a 16 team comp. Whereas the Wests one was in a 20 team comp and the talent was spread waaay thin.

Either way two very bad teams, each poo poo in their own era. That I think we can agree.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Also good to see Wests have recruited a cripple. Good grief.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We always put the effort in that's all that matters

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

We always put the effort in that's all that matters

The crowd would agree.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Also good to see Wests have recruited a cripple. Good grief.

Who are you referring to? I'm still driving back from Evans Head so haven't seen any footy today.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Who are you referring to? I'm still driving back from Evans Head so haven't seen any footy today.

Reynolds started, scored a try, got injured, hobbled off.

Edit: and now ruled out for the rest of the game.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Sep 3, 2017

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

He's got he offseason to get healthy for us, that is all that matters. Pretty sure he was injured going in but wanted the send off.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
No better place to be on a Sunday, especially when you're not officially the worst team in the comp.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Racing home to watch the last Leichhardt game if the year. loving stupid traffic around the GC. Bomb the whole area to glass.

Also cowboys must be sweating right now

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

He's got he offseason to get healthy for us, that is all that matters. Pretty sure he was injured going in but wanted the send off.

Jokes on him then, refs never have the ticker to send anyone off these days.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Yes what I want to see from an incoming player is an incredibly selfish individual glory focused decision which costs the team...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Foran and Johnson out for the warriors. Hard to tell whether this will effect their point scoring ability.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Yes what I want to see from an incoming player is an incredibly selfish individual glory focused decision which costs the team...

What cost? Not like the dogs were in a position to do anything. Pretty sure he's loved there and the fans would have wanted to give him a proper send off.

Not like they were chasing a finals spot or anything.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Wow, rip Dragons

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol epic self destruction to end your season. That last try was pathetic.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
That was 100% Tigers right there.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

If it mattered at all I'd have thrown my drink through the TV

Luckily we're poo poo and this game is meaningless

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Kearney ball is so spirit draining :negative:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Tigers v warriors

Who will commit suicide first

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Tigers v warriors

Who will commit suicide first

Both?

Nah Warriors again promise to do something, then poo poo themselves.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Next season looks rough for us too, the current stock of weak props (our most pressing area of weakness) have pretty much all signed elsewhere with no replacements forthcoming.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

Next season looks rough for us too, the current stock of weak props (our most pressing area of weakness) have pretty much all signed elsewhere with no replacements forthcoming.

How about from the juniors? It seemed not long ago you were stacked with uber junior forwards.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

MiniSune posted:

How about from the juniors? It seemed not long ago you were stacked with uber junior forwards.

Toafofoa Sipley is the standout and he's signed with Manly :negative:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Actually optimistic for next year, I like our signings and there's been a lot of promising effort from the team the last two months

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Actually optimistic for next year, I like our signings and there's been a lot of promising effort from the team the last two months

I hope a Josh Reynolds foot trip costs you a finals spot

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I'm so loving glad I was out this evening.

Smorgasbord posted:

Kearney ball is so spirit draining :negative:

But our completion rate is near the top of the league! :thumbsup:

MiniSune posted:

Under Doyle we've given up on developing talent because we could never identify the good ones to keep (Dean Bell was a big problem in this regard) and we got sick of developing talent for other clubs. The media here is starting to suggest that we're struggling to attract junior talent because it is so often squandered at the club.

Smorgasbord posted:

Toafofoa Sipley is the standout and he's signed with Manly :negative:

He's a pretty good example of everything that has gone wrong with us this year. He had a promising start last year, but failed to get a run in first grade despite claims that we didn't have first grade quality players. Meanwhile he would have been useful instead of having Roache spend 80 minutes on the bench, or tonight when we had a five minute prop, rookie second rower, dummy half and winger on our bench. The sooner Kearney fucks off the better. gently caress stability, he's straight up incompetent. His record at Parra wasn't a mirage.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I think the Warriors biggest problem is a complete aversion to doing the simple things in the game. Multiple tries last night were bombed through just dropping the ball over the line or making terrible passing choices. Kearney in the press conference seemed completely devoid of any ideas how to fix it.

And lol at Cleary refusing to admit whether or not we're actually going to give Benji's brother a contract next year. So coy.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I really need someone to take away my wallet and phone whilst I'm watching the football as somehow last night iajwife and I bought gold tickets to the semi and final of the world cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

and we made plans to fly to townville to see friends and go to the double-header up there

• Locked thread