Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Nuts and Gum posted:

No, you can't use the pro controller from the Wii U, the colors wouldn't match properly.

Woah a new console making you buy new controllers thats crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Gutcruncher posted:

Ehh but not quite the same tbh. It's virtually the same controller just with the gyro whatever poo poo and I guess the better vibration. The wii-u pro controller is great and would be more than feasible to use with the switch. It's not like it received a drastic remodel as most do with each new console iteration.

Plus you could use GC controllers with the Wii (and wii-u with adapter?) and wii controllers with the wii-u? I think ps3 controllers work on the ps4 as well?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It's a great bonus when old controllers work on a new system but it really shouldn't be expected and counted against it when it's not there. Ps2/1 could use each other's controllers, PS4 technically is able to use PS3 controllers if the devs build it into their games, plus each PS3 pad needs a PS4 pad hooked up alongside it. The Wii U of course supports all controllers, and the Wii toon GameCube pads up until a redesign

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
holy poo poo boomerangs are real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygK0FHyt_5M

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

If I had to guess I would say a lot of the hype for the new zelda is just people who have only owned nintendo consoles before who are excited to be playing an open world game for the first time in their lives.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Honestly new Zelda is maybe a 7-8/10. Goons losing their minds over how amazing it is. A lot of the realism Skyrim whatever aspects like weather/temp affecting you and weapon durability are annoying as gently caress. I guess I prefer a more linear Zelda too. That's disregarding the poo poo graphics and fps

Still gonna give it an honest go and maybe it'll pick up idk

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Breath of the Wild owns and you are dumb.

I fit in someplace in the middle, biased slightly towards the black man hugging a cutie honey pillow

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

steinrokkan posted:

Now that they are selling a pro controller that works, will they also be releasing a pro console that can play the games?

:classiclol:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Gutcruncher posted:

New consoles generally come with at least one controller that actually works.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

hip check please posted:

If I had to guess I would say a lot of the hype for the new zelda is just people who have only owned nintendo consoles before who are excited to be playing an open world game for the first time in their lives.

Nah it's good. Most open world games are zzzzz

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
im on an emulator kick so i started playing Persona 4 on a ps2 emulator because i heard it's one of the best rpgs ever made

it's loving anime bullshit :chloe:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's good

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

rear end cobra posted:

Seems like a lot of goons are very poor, maybe you should educate yourselves and get a better job so you can buy nintendo childs toy

mariOWNED :mario:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Professor SJW posted:

im on an emulator kick so i started playing Persona 4 on a ps2 emulator because i heard it's one of the best rpgs ever made

Yea persona 4 is terrible I bought into the hype. I don't mind an anime game if it's good but God drat that game is both creepy and poo poo

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
How is mario kart not a launch title can someone explain this

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SD87 posted:

nintnedo only has 5 game they make over and over. they cant release them all at once, they need to spread them out so they have good profit numbers every quarter

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SD87 posted:

Mario Kart has always been a second tier release though. Like 6 mo-1 year in

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SD87 posted:

The mainline Mario game being at least 9 months out is the real oddity. That needed to be the launch title. Maybe both Zelda and Mario, but it's not like that was necessary for a successful launch.

Then again, it's pretty obvious they rushed this thing out the door. Zelda is pretty complete-feeling, but the Switch isn't (at least as far as the OS is concerned.) Kinda par for the course for recent Nintendo hardware, though.

enojy fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 5, 2017

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

REALTHEWILL posted:

Thats true but Horizon is definitely a 10. I've been watching a playthrough of it and its sick. Sucks becuase I'm spoiling it, but its not like I'm gonna get a PS4 Im an XBOX dude.

same, id sacrifice any number of ps exclusives and better pixels or whatever nerd poo poo just to not to have to play with a loving dual shock controller

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rutibex posted:

nintnedo only has 5 game they make over and over. they cant release them all at once, they need to spread them out so they have good profit numbers every quarter

Was there a metroid game for the we you

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What is the preferred alternative to the dual shock layout though? The Xbox controller layout isn't all THAT significantly different (and I prefer the dual shock personally because my left thumb is a little hosed up and it sits at a better angle for me)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Professor SJW posted:

It's anime scooby doo and it's really good at that

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Kinda funny the Wii-u didn't have poo poo for like two years. Almost like the same thing happening again...?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Heath posted:

What is the preferred alternative to the dual shock layout though? The Xbox controller layout isn't all THAT significantly different (and I prefer the dual shock personally because my left thumb is a little hosed up and it sits at a better angle for me)

you move and strafe with the left stick, moving some flavor of forward mainly, and its a lot more natural to push close to straight up with the xbox controller. it also has better triggers

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I bought one of those 360 pads with the transforming D-pad because I liked it for fighting games and the plastic was so cheap that it literally crumbled after like 3 months of use. That combined with the joystick placement making my thumb joint lock up and I just sold the whole loving console in favor of PS3 and the dual shock and never looked back

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Professor SJW posted:

anime owns scrub

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

My current switch experience is that I'm playing zelda for free on my roomates wii u and that it's really good so I really can't complain.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
JOYCONS

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yea persona 4 is terrible I bought into the hype. I don't mind an anime game if it's good but God drat that game is both creepy and poo poo

Persona 4 Golden was the worst game I have ever bought (Vita desperation) and made me realize you always need to check for an anime avatar before you trust a goon's opinion on games.

Zelda looks like it's two generations behind Horizon, and not just graphically. I can't imagine trying to play Zelda after Horizon.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Anime is bad.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

If the video game you are playing is dropping to 20 fps it usually means you need to upgrade real bad, but sometimes it just means you own top of the line nintendo hardware.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Do you remember when you just bought a console at launch and everything was just loving there and loving worked? None of this patch poo poo later, yes it's slow and loads and is a mess but we just wanted to get it out to you fast!

The Dreamcast was peak launch. Everything worked. Stunning line up of games. A constant stream of games to keep you happy. The PS2 launch was a goddamn catastrophe. As was the PS3, and Wii U, and now the Switch.

What happened to quality? To proper planning?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Alan_Shore posted:

Do you remember when you just bought a console at launch and everything was just loving there and loving worked? None of this patch poo poo later, yes it's slow and loads and is a mess but we just wanted to get it out to you fast!

The Dreamcast was peak launch. Everything worked. Stunning line up of games. A constant stream of games to keep you happy. The PS2 launch was a goddamn catastrophe. As was the PS3, and Wii U, and now the Switch.

I mean old consoles didn't have gimmicks, online garbage, OS that took up half the operating power... And when they did have gimmicks, those also did more harm than good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Alan_Shore posted:

Dreamcast was amazing :rip:

Yeah patches are nice and all but it also lets developers drop broken rushed poo poo then you get a 20 gig day one patch etc

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
We don't have a lot of games, lets re-release old ones. No, really old ones, ones that require a $70 pro controller for each player.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
And bomberman, but lets not make a good bomberman.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

They'll never better Saturn Bomberman

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Horizon is a good Zelda game

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

anime owns scrub

Pedo spotted. MODS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

REALTHEWILL posted:

Thats true but Horizon is definitely a 10. I've been watching a playthrough of it and its sick. Sucks becuase I'm spoiling it, but its not like I'm gonna get a PS4 Im an XBOX dude.

buy a PS4

• Locked thread