Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How hot is it now?
This poll is closed.
As Balls 49 36.03%
As Hell 22 16.18%
As poo poo 10 7.35%
It's just the humidity, dumbass. 55 40.44%
Total: 136 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, Derrick Johnson isn't even starting on the PUP list. It'll be absolutely ridiculous if he's back playing at the start of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Are Schefter and Rap tweeting Lucky Whitehead news for his mom or something? Because no one else cares a 50 career yardage scrub got released.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It's a human interest story. Basically there is absolutely nothing interesting going on at all so they gotta try something to get us through to ACLPOCALYPSE.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Don't camps start soon?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

It's a human interest story. Basically there is absolutely nothing interesting going on at all so they gotta try something to get us through to ACLPOCALYPSE.

Hurney just red wedding'd the whole panthers FO staff.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

FizFashizzle posted:

panthers being bad is not news hth

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

Don't camps start soon?

Chargers camp opens Saturday in beautiful Costa Mesa

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, Derrick Johnson isn't even starting on the PUP list. It'll be absolutely ridiculous if he's back playing at the start of the season.

No big deal he just tore his goddam Achilles tendon in half seven months ago science has come a long way since like, last year

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh yes.

I can't believe they're giving him this much control.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

12 days until I get to geek out over Tomlinson's hall of fame induction and spam this thread and various other threads with LdT stiffarms and ball flips

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

12 days until I get to geek out over Tomlinson's hall of fame induction and spam this thread and various other threads with LdT stiffarms and ball flips

I feel like him and Shaun Alexander will most be remembered for the pioneers of Fantasy Football. When FF really took off those two were THE guys.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Grittybeard posted:

I expect he'll be a shadow of his former self but I hope im wrong.

He was starting to have bad games last year I think.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Grittybeard posted:

But Chris jones is! :boehner:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

wandler20 posted:

I feel like him and Shaun Alexander will most be remembered for the pioneers of Fantasy Football. When FF really took off those two were THE guys.

Priest Holmes > Alexander in FF

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

His bad games were quite a bit better than the :shrug: the Chiefs have behind him at the position, but yeah I kind of expect he'll fall off a little more as a best case scenario. And just be completely done as a worst case obviously. I suppose it's a good thing that it was the other achilles he tore this time instead of the one he previously tore? I don't know.

Maybe DJ Alexander gets a lot better. Well hopefully that happens anyway.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

a neat cape posted:

It wasn't a loving first down

On that 4th and 23 screen pass right? gently caress that play made me so loving angry I remember it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

It wasn't a loving first down

I saw that play live and it annoyed the gently caress outa me.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

On that 4th and 23 screen pass right? gently caress that play made me so loving angry I remember it.

4th and 29 dump off

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000100752/WK-12-Can-t-Miss-Play-Resilient-Rice-s-fourth-down-conversion

I was gonna link the Ray Lewis-Darren Sproles incident too but I feel like I'm piling on

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chromatic posted:

Yeah, he certainly will be. I fully expect 2017 will be it for DJ.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/TJHernandez/status/889656626273300480

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

4th and 29 dump off

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000100752/WK-12-Can-t-Miss-Play-Resilient-Rice-s-fourth-down-conversion

I was gonna link the Ray Lewis-Darren Sproles incident too but I feel like I'm piling on

That was stupid because the guard just forgot to block ray lewis. I mean, it was a dumb play call but I can see why it didn't work.

This was just insanely stupid because Rice was literally a half yard short

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Just chiming in to say Kyle Shanahan doesn't even know what situational means :colbert:

Out of curiosity, does it say where the wild ride fits on that graph?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

weird Asian candy posted:

Just chiming in to say Kyle Shanahan doesn't even know what situational means :colbert:

Out of curiosity, does it say where the wild ride fits on that graph?

Not recently, but just going off what he's posted in the past, running plays faster means more for you and your opponent, and that's real bad news when your defense sucks / gets gassed.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

Not recently, but just going off what he's posted in the past, running plays faster means more for you and your opponent, and that's real bad news when your defense sucks / gets gassed.

You don't say

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

That was stupid because the guard just forgot to block ray lewis. I mean, it was a dumb play call but I can see why it didn't work.

This was just insanely stupid because Rice was literally a half yard short

I've still never understood what was going through Norv's head in the '09 Ravens game - Rivers threw for 400+ yards and a couple of scores with an o-line that couldn't block the Ravens' blitz up the middle all day long, and they couldn't get poo poo on the ground either. So let's hand it off to the scatback in a goal line set.. what?

But yes 4th and 29 was especially stupid.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

I've still never understood what was going through Norv's head in the '09 Ravens game - Rivers threw for 400+ yards and a couple of scores with an o-line that couldn't block the Ravens' blitz up the middle all day long, and they couldn't get poo poo on the ground either. So let's hand it off to the scatback in a goal line set.. what?

The answer is "It worked the week earlier against the Raiders"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

pubic works project posted:

On the Luck front, he's started his throwing program so I think he'll be ready for Week 1.

Yeah, this is pretty much expected. I doubt he'll see any time in preseason except maybe a series or two in the final week, but he doesn't really need to be put out there for it.

Ballard isn't trying to save his job so he's going to let Luck actually heal up instead of toss him out there.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I really hope that's true. With all the injuries and surrounding incompetence it seems like the league has sort of forgotten how outstanding this kid is at playing football. gently caress a Colt, but Rodgers is the only one who rivals Luck for amazing, impossible plays.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/24/robert-griffin-iii-gets-a-workout-with-the-chargers/

So uh. Yeah.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Maybe RG3 can land some acting gigs

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

iospace posted:

I'm the tilt of the AFC banner.

I'm glad you said this because I'm drunk and add like "am I drunk or did these dumb mother fuckers gently caress up a straight line ". Turns out both

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I really hope that's true. With all the injuries and surrounding incompetence it seems like the league has sort of forgotten how outstanding this kid is at playing football. gently caress a Colt, but Rodgers is the only one who rivals Luck for amazing, impossible plays.

He had his best year statistically last year with the injury. He probably should have had surgery on it then, but Grigson was doing all he could to save his job.

There's really no pressure on the team to win this year. So they can let the offensive line gel in the preseason, let the backup QB get some reps in and then put Luck out there when he's ready, which will still probably be the first week.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

WampaLord posted:

No, you chose wisely.

Technically, the Bucs have the first pure Super Bowl win (after the alignment) :smuggo:

Plus or minus the Raiders not changing up their offensive signals when facing last season's head coach in the Super Bowl.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

a neat cape posted:

Tomlinson, while very good, was forgettable and will be a "Hey did you know about John Riggins / Eric Dickerson?" 5 years from now

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

Tomlinson, while very good, was forgettable and will be a "Hey did you know about John Riggins / Eric Dickerson?" 5 years from now

Nah

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kalli posted:

Glad we never ended up hiring Chip Kelly though, that sort of pacing would've killed our defense since they can never stop anything.

:shepface:

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah, no

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

what the gently caress

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

SKULL.GIF posted:

Indiana Jones and the Internet's Worst Take :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8EuOZ24Hlc

• Locked thread