Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cis autodrag posted:

Um, how much do you know about ftm transition? T makes the clitoris grow. A lot. They basically release the clitoral tissue from inside the vag (it goes pretty deep), wrap it in skin with the urethra, then make a nutsack out of the leftovers.

For sexual purposes it's a fully functioning weiner. They're not often as big as a cis man's, but most people having the surgery don't give a gently caress.

Don't know enough, evidently. I was under the impression that testosterone usually wasn't enough to get the clitoris to the right size/shape for penetration, and they had to use something else that wasn't erogenous to construct the dingdong. Guess it works better than I thought. My mistake!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Ciaphas posted:

Don't know enough, evidently. I was under the impression that testosterone usually wasn't enough to get the clitoris to the right size/shape for penetration, and they had to use something else that wasn't erogenous to construct the dingdong. Guess it works better than I thought. My mistake!

needless to say, the size results vary wildly for different people on different medication regimes, and some dudes just aren't going to be happy with the sizes involved.

so surgery that involves building more stuff even if it's not so sensitive remains in demand

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Congrats on being too expensive for the military y'all

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

cis autodrag posted:

Congrats on being too expensive for the military y'all

more money for the more expensive limp white dick drugs

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lain Iwakura posted:

more money for the more expensive limp white dick drugs

lol. I probably get firmer and larger erections than Trump and i don't have to pay people to look at them.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Not me

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i've been talking to a cute nb person on and off today and i think i'm going to try to date them

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
i walked up to the counter at home depot with a bunch of plumbing parts and was greeted with "hello, ma'am"

so i guess that is where i am at now. i haven't heard "sir" directed at me since christmas

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Improbable Lobster posted:

i've been talking to a cute nb person on and off today and i think i'm going to try to date them

Yay!

Lain Iwakura posted:

i walked up to the counter at home depot with a bunch of plumbing parts and was greeted with "hello, ma'am"

so i guess that is where i am at now. i haven't heard "sir" directed at me since christmas

Double yay!

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/KateLibc/status/979000178593095680

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

im Lum

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

im the dithering

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I'm the hot pink at the end of the second row.

Also, I decided to see if I could find a nice pair of flats my size to try out, see if they're more comfortable than my normal clomping shoes, and maybe keep them under my desk at work to pass off as a comfort thing.

It is amazingly difficult to find shoes my size. I shouldn't be shocked, because it's hard to find men's shoes my size, but drat.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

my brother is in Guatemala and I’ve basically been told not to use WhatsApp cuz it would discover me and out me to the extended family

love2be the horrible family secret locked away in a tower

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Pollyanna posted:

my brother is in Guatemala and I’ve basically been told not to use WhatsApp cuz it would discover me and out me to the extended family

At least your family talks to you. Mine has been pretending that I don't exist since April of last year.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

on the other hand I barely know my extended family and even though both the expats and the people still in Guatemala have big emphasis on connecting w family they have no real place in my life

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Lain Iwakura posted:

At least your family talks to you. Mine has been pretending that I don't exist since April of last year.

immediate family is cool (bro/sis, mom and dad are as neurotic as ever) but I’ve been in hiding from everyone else

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

that loving sucks tho I feel for u :(

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lain Iwakura posted:

my wife has the exact opposite problem, she's trying to estrange herself from her (highly conservative christian) relatives and especially her (alcoholic and abusive) father but he keeps finding her info about once every few months and begging her to talk to him in a creepy kinda unstable-sounding email screed

at least he literally lives on the other side of the world :sigh:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

Pollyanna posted:

immediate family is cool (bro/sis, mom and dad are as neurotic as ever) but I’ve been in hiding from everyone else

I haven't spoken with anyone since Christmas and earnestly since August. I've written them off for now and am in active counselling over it since I can handle the long term but holy hell the short term sucks.

I am well off and don't need any financial support but the lack of familial support has been awful.

I'd write about this in detail but I am not fully prepared yet. The only person who shares my last name who has been my ally is my ex spouse. She doesn't need to be and yet has; she will always remain family regardless of our relationship change.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Actually I sort of alluded to it on my main Twitter in a thread earlier this week.

https://twitter.com/KateLibc/status/978129757148667904

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm the hot pink at the end of the second row.

Also, I decided to see if I could find a nice pair of flats my size to try out, see if they're more comfortable than my normal clomping shoes, and maybe keep them under my desk at work to pass off as a comfort thing.

It is amazingly difficult to find shoes my size. I shouldn't be shocked, because it's hard to find men's shoes my size, but drat.

Longtallsally.com

They go up to a 15 (the size I wear). I just dropped like 800bux in shoes at an lts pop-up. If you're a brit they also have physical stores in the uk.

Blowfish is the most comfortable brand of flats ever so watch for those to show up at fashion season changes.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
They have stores in Canada too. The one in Vancouver is near me. Fortunately I am a size 11 so sometimes I luck out.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I'm a 15/4E width in shoes, and 6'6" in height. I think at this point the part that's going to be most difficult is just finding stuff that both fits my tastes and my freakishly tall/wide body.

Thanks for the tip on LTS. :)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i would never come out to family, but i've had many years to decide that before i started to really think about the gender stuff.

besides, the last thing i need is for my mother to have yet another reason to show up unannounced and unwelcome at my workplace. toxic family is hosed up

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lain Iwakura posted:

Actually I sort of alluded to it on my main Twitter in a thread earlier this week.

https://twitter.com/KateLibc/status/978129757148667904

it's great to hear that HRT resolves that need for you (and a lot of other people in the thread it sounds like)

meanwhile HRT made my wife's depression significantly worse and she had to change antidepressants and add a second one just to get back to where she was :toot:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

sorry i just realized i've been sorta repeatedly one-upping you today and i don't mean to, i'm just kinda weirdly fascinated with how my wife seems to be mirror universe you :v:

super happy to hear that stuff is gettin' better for you in general, family poo poo aside :shobon:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm a 15/4E width in shoes, and 6'6" in height. I think at this point the part that's going to be most difficult is just finding stuff that both fits my tastes and my freakishly tall/wide body.

Thanks for the tip on LTS. :)

If you have a little more money, check out shoes of prey. They do custom sizing and can also take a cast of your foot and make the shoes bespoke to you.

I'm 6'4. You're not freakishly tall or wide. If transition ends up being your path, there's plenty to do to look and feel beautiful and height won't get in the way at all.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
hormones are freaking amazing

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lain Iwakura posted:

hormones are freaking amazing

And minty!

evilcat
May 16, 2009

cis autodrag posted:

If you have a little more money, check out shoes of prey. They do custom sizing and can also take a cast of your foot and make the shoes bespoke to you.

I will stop lurking this thread for a moment to say: thank you for mentioning them. The fact that they do impressions too is nice to know and it is honestly good to find a place with shoes I can fit into.
And I guess as I now posted, I should explicitly say where I fit in?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

evilcat posted:

I will stop lurking this thread for a moment to say: thank you for mentioning them. The fact that they do impressions too is nice to know and it is honestly good to find a place with shoes I can fit into.
And I guess as I now posted, I should explicitly say where I fit in?

this isn't gattaca. im only gonna start pulling cards when people are acting like assholes and saying *phobic poo poo.

and you're welcome

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

cis autodrag posted:

I'm 6'4. You're not freakishly tall or wide. If transition ends up being your path, there's plenty to do to look and feel beautiful and height won't get in the way at all.
Thanks, this was nice to hear.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
when someone hits you up on the apps as a closeted bisexual and you recognize their torso and shirt from a game store where they were there with their wife. :ohdear:

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
This is why I only date enbies and girls.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
s'up, fellow 6'4" crew.

although, I dearly wish my body were any shape other than lanky scarecrow made out of wire coathangers. :smith:

e: closer to 6'3" by the end of the day. curse you, gravity!

ynohtna fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 29, 2018

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ynohtna posted:

s'up, fellow 6'4" crew.

although, I dearly wish my body were any shape other than lanky scarecrow made out of wire coathangers. :smith:

e: closer to 6'3" by the end of the day. curse you, gravity!

idk man i'm 6'3" except fat and it ain't much better - all the fun of running into ceiling fans with none of that pesky "metabolism" stuff

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ultravoices posted:

when someone hits you up on the apps as a closeted bisexual and you recognize their torso and shirt from a game store where they were there with their wife. :ohdear:

one time a dude on grinder recognized me from when i worked at the lcbo like a month after i had left the job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
I lucked out on the trans woman lottery as I am 172 cm and my shoe size is a women's 11.

I think I am 5'8" in American measurements.