Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Moritz, even if you don't wanna give us your personality trait, can you at least tell us your ethics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Yeah, no reason to withhold at this point. I definitely feel like us town that are surviving are probably screwed if this poo poo with MSRR is correct and there is also someone else like MSRR around which TM claims it isn't them, and I know it isn't me because like I said, pacifist spiritualist xenophile, but yeah, I'm beginning to feel like I've lost no matter what I do lol.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Sorry, I've been playing videogames. The reason I'm being coy with what I have right now is because I can townclear someone if they just pipe up. I've narrowed it down to two people.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Do your ethics factor into that?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'll reveal one. I'm a double voter.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Yami Fenrir posted:

Do your ethics factor into that?

Yes.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

My Second Re-Reg posted:

No, I'm claiming someone Bus Drove you. Either that or you have something you're hiding, one of the two.

Why do you say it has to be one of the two? Yes, I'm being coy with my ethics because I don't want to screw up this townclear by revealing too much.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
if its a lurker that youre trying to clear, good luck lmao IM LOOKING AT YOU ILLU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'm trying to determine who the rival might be, because either of these are probably not scum.

That makes you probably not the rival.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I guess it's claim time, I'm currently fanatic xenophile, militarist, this has deactivated my personality, which is. Ethic shifting somebody to spiritualist, which I targeted Maerlyn with and Idle last night. I can alternatively empower or roleblock any previous targets. I also roleblocked Cloaca on night 1.

Idle what is your personality?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

So this rival business; it sounds honestly like whoever they are aren't going to claim if this is really the kind of endgame-level crisis you say it is, right? Like do you know if you are town-adjacent 3P or scum-adjacent?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Illusionis posted:

I guess it's claim time, I'm currently fanatic xenophile, militarist, this has deactivated my personality, which is. Ethic shifting somebody to spiritualist, which I targeted Maerlyn with and Idle last night. I can alternatively empower or roleblock any previous targets. I also roleblocked Cloaca on night 1.

If this is true, then binus is confirmed town.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
One idea just came to me: If we have two 3P around, could we only have 3 scum? That would be good, because we wouldn't be on LYLO in that case. Should probably still treat it like we are, to be safe.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Illusionis posted:

??

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

HCT, PLEASE start explaining.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
What moritz????

Idle has claimed his ethics but has made no mention of his personality from what I see.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

So this rival business; it sounds honestly like whoever they are aren't going to claim if this is really the kind of endgame-level crisis you say it is, right? Like do you know if you are town-adjacent 3P or scum-adjacent?

I did not say it is an endgame-level crisis; Yami did. I do not know wtf, all I know is that the "Mark" ability marks another player as part of my "sphere of influence".

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
But about the Mark ability:

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Why do you say it has to be one of the two? Yes, I'm being coy with my ethics because I don't want to screw up this townclear by revealing too much.

N1 I marked Yami; "Your action was successful."

N2, I marked Hal; "Your action was successful."

N3, I marked you.

"Your mark target was not valid."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

It's speculation based on the actual game Stellaris - It's literally impossible to have only a Fanatic Ethic unless you are a fallen empire. Which is a special AI empire type that does nothing for most of the game to become a massive threat.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i think idle would have mentioned their ethics shifting at some point since they have started posting since start of day

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Illusionis posted:

What moritz????

Idle has claimed his ethics but has made no mention of his personality from what I see.

Ah, I didn't realize I didn't claim that - I was(guess am) a Xenophobic Isolationist for personality. I should also make a correction. I have taken one night action this game and that was an ethics shift.

I was a Fanatical Pacifist, Xenophobe and when I switched to xenophile, my Xenophobic Isolationist personality was deactivated and I became pacifist, spiritualist, xenophile.

Sorry for misleading you on the no night actions prior. This is the full extent of my claim and role.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

That sounds even more like you're preparing for a war in heaven with us as your subordinates tbh. Which I guess could be cult type stuff.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

My Second Re-Reg posted:

But about the Mark ability:

N1 I marked Yami; "Your action was successful."

N2, I marked Hal; "Your action was successful."

N3, I marked you.

What would make a mark target not valid? Could that mean HCT is your rival? Since whatever marking does only comes into play after your rival dies?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Yep. I'm your rival. I guess we're having a showdown now, huh.

I'm Fanatic Materialist and the reason I know someone is town (binus, by process of elimination) is that somebody doctored me last night, and only town militarists have doctor shots.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Tired Moritz posted:

i think idle would have mentioned their ethics shifting at some point since they have started posting since start of day

I uh, unfortunately, have not paid too much attention to the mechanical aspects of this game, nor understood the full ramifications of changes.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

If it helps confirm, you are the Hiffnar XXXXX'es.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
sooo uhhh by process of elimination, who is scum

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

If it helps confirm, you are the Hiffnar XXXXX'es.

And you're the Evandari XXXXXXXs.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Idle Amalgam or Illusionis are the only people who are unaccounted for last night.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Here's the problem, though - if we are rivals, why did I get a failure notice? And why don't I know what my win condition is yet?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I have come to the conclusion that there is no scum in this game and all of it is preparation for the giant showdown between MSRR and HCT. Anybody recruited me for the final battle? I shall flop threateningly onto my foes.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
honestly i think you should ask mod if you can confirm each other's flavor text

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Here's the problem, though - if we are rivals, why did I get a failure notice? And why don't I know what my win condition is yet?

Because presumably we can't mark each other. I'm the same, by the way, I don't know what my win condition is either.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
hct, can you mark people too?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Oh, by the way, obviously the reason I asked Yami to bus drive me was so I could confirm he had a bus drive. And copy it, to keep myself safe.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Because presumably we can't mark each other. I'm the same, by the way, I don't know what my win condition is either.

Ok yeah that makes sense.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Presumably whatever mark does, it can't work on your rival, that's why I suggested HCT was your rival.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

hct, can you mark people too?

Yes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Who did you mark HCT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Oh, and Cloaca, I jailed you last night. Sorry. I got the jail from shwinn after he jailed me N1 and I thought you were scummy.