Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
So long as Iran smash the great Satan idgaf. Wales can have a win if they like as a treat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Preoptopus posted:

I want my 90 min back.

We all do

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
England has to call it soccer and chips instead of crisps now

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
wasn't expecting much from the Americans but lol and lmao at Southgate's Soldiers

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Wanna watch Ghana vs England for perspective.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Zisky posted:

Lmao America, land of missed opportunity.

:hmmyes:

Don't like the performance, will take the result.

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Amazing win for the US, good job boys

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
football has been spotted having a thoughtful pause while packing its bags. perhaps it will be staying on holiday after all

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

The beautiful game

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Popete posted:

Liz Truss was less of a disappointment

At least she'd score with me in my dreams

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I didn't watch or listen to the game but even the BBC commentary page is making GBS threads all over it, was it really that bad lmao

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Well, if they're trying to win over new American fans, they got some work to do

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Frankston posted:

I didn't watch or listen to the game but even the BBC commentary page is making GBS threads all over it, was it really that bad lmao

it was loving terrible op

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

"ok it's the literal last kick of a world cup game we want to win, what should we do"

"Waste it and don't do a loving thing" - Gregg Berhalter

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Iran is going to do a number on us and I'm just going to quietly lmao as it happens

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Extremely funny that Adams and Musah cooked Bellingham and Rice

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_f5fkrCTA

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Frankston posted:

It's the worst game of the tournament by a long shot

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Harry Lime posted:

Iran is going to do a number on us and I'm just going to quietly lmao as it happens

gently caress that, laugh until your heart stops

It'll be funny, live in the moment

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
The USA have still never lost to England at a FIFA World Cup. That means it's ok to call it soccer. I don't make the rules, I just follow em.

And the draw means that a win against Iran means they're in the knockout stages. Good enough

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Why are all the fox casters saying this was such a great match lol

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

SirFozzie posted:

The USA have still never lost to England at a FIFA World Cup. That means it's ok to call it soccer. I don't make the rules, I just follow em.

And the draw means that a win against Iran means they're in the knockout stages. Good enough

problem is Iran just needs a draw so they're gonna park the bus and frustrate us

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Frankston posted:

It was the Yanks making 150 failed corners against a bamboozled England for 90 mins

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

SirFozzie posted:

The US wont beat Iran

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Say what you will about English fans but they would absolutely not tolerate listening to alexi lalas

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Iran was very handsome but honestly this pool is utter dogshit they should just wipe it away like the turd it is

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

C-SPAN Caller posted:

The US won’t beat Iran

USA 1-0 Iran

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hector Delgado posted:

Well, if they're trying to win over new American fans, they got some work to do

First game of the tournament I've watched as a very casual fan and boy howdy, that's 45 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Shameful USA and England. All those migrant workers didn't suffer through horrible living and working conditions as a result of FIFA corruption just so you could play to a tie.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Gregg looks like Creed from The Office

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

both teams should be fired into the sun and Wales and Iran should go through imo

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Ginette Reno posted:

problem is Iran just needs a draw so they're gonna park the bus and frustrate us

if Iran draws the US doesn't that mean they automatically lose out? the US and either England or Wales would be guaranteed to have more points than them

**oh wait nevermind I confused myself that the US had won the first game lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

It was the Yanks making 150 failed corners against a bamboozled England for 90 mins

That's the power of the slabhead

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
We cant carry a half arsed Mount and a half fit Kane through games.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

so who has to keep james corden now?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Good soup! posted:

Why are all the fox casters saying this was such a great match lol

Because they didn't get hammered, I guess

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Shogi
Nov 23, 2004

distant Pohjola
Southgate was fuming after the 6-2 win against a really pretty decent Iran team so he'll be loving this. Solid clean sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Starsfan posted:

if Iran draws the US doesn't that mean they automatically lose out? the US and either England or Wales would be guaranteed to have more points than them

**oh wait nevermind I confused myself that the US had won the first game lol

Completely wrong