Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

mega dy posted:

I really haven't had time to digest IA's counterclaim of me today and probably won't really have the mental energy to make a hard push on anything besides "please not me." Maybe will take a look later.

Here are some strategy notes in case of disaster.

Shortlist of players who are almost assuredly town:

Voodoo
Sandwolf
Salad's Cooper
Green Wing
illusionis
Hal

which leaves:

me
TM
Circl
Anarc
IA

11 players alive, prob 3 scum left, which means we'll likely have a chance to get 3 more flips. Those are pretty decent odds.

I do have a question that I think people should weigh in on so they are held accountable (and I am trying to figure this out myself) - if it ends up being me today, what does a Town flip mean for IA and his claim?

Probably 2 scum left.

You and tm probably.

3 regular scum, 1 traitor and 1 3p with a vendetta sounds balanced for non town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
By pure chance 3p-along got caught out making the game less bloody overall so probably just 2 scum who are probably action cornered a bit

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Maybe not tho, I just assume with confirmations and abilities that they might be

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Well my power is out and the weather is only getting colder. Gonna figure out my next move irl.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
If anyone still thinks I'm scum after Toal got blown up then idk man

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also dy spend most of the game trying to get me lynched.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Ok maybe not tm, I actually dont know.

Lurker hal? What game day is it?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Day 4 and Hal is alive...

:goofy:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Ah nvm

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Idle Amalgam posted:

Day 4 and Hal is alive...

:goofy:

lol yeah exactly why I copped him

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
After a reread of Dy their posting still looks quitw towny to me. One thing especially is that I don't see scum going so hard on the plastic message stuff d1 when from their perspective it's going to be a town flip.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
IA on the other hand has gotten active again, but his posts today don't have a great deal of substance. A poorly constructed omgus on me, like Toal made a couple of flailing defense posts in response to my pushing, saying it wasn't acknowledged is just twisting events. Then there's mostly flavor arguments on Dy and fluff a town aligned mafia superstar could do better ##vote Idle Amalgam

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Circl still looks pretty bad to me too, but I think I'd rather start with IA for today.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Dy still kinda pings me but at least if everyone else is oompf on powers I can copy their power so I can at least figure out what's their deal

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

mega dy (4): Idle Amalgam, saladscooper, AnonymousNarcotics, CirclMastr, Voodoofly, AnonymousNarcotics
Sandwolf (1): Hal Insandenza, saladscooper, saladscooper, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Idle Amalgam (1): AnonymousNarcotics, Green Wing, AnonymousNarcotics, Green Wing, Illusionis
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Sandwolf
CirclMastr (1): Green Wing
Illusionis (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Hal Insandenza (0): saladscooper, saladscooper

Not Voting (3): AnonymousNarcotics, mega dy, Tired Moritz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 24th, 2022 at 2 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 15 hours, 34 minutes.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Illusionis posted:

IA on the other hand has gotten active again, but his posts today don't have a great deal of substance. A poorly constructed omgus on me, like Toal made a couple of flailing defense posts in response to my pushing, saying it wasn't acknowledged is just twisting events. Then there's mostly flavor arguments on Dy and fluff a town aligned mafia superstar could do better ##vote Idle Amalgam

This doesn't sound like a real case, bub.

Also I mean that's pretty significant flavor, for once, he has my flavor name for his own. That cant be right and how I led in with my flavor is all there and well established for their cobbled together joat botanist claim.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Illusionis reeks of scum but you're right, I can't concretely point out why.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Was illusionis copped or gunsmithed

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Because if they were just copped. Well...

Me, you can cop or gunsmith me, doesn't matter. I'm town with no ability to kill.

Even then, if we think swaps prevented bee from being saved, who's to say anyone's results are 100%

Normally, I think flavor for casing is absolute trash. Dont end the day on anyone else though. Dy or Me. Like I said. If dy ended up being town, I would gladly get lunched into the sun. Serve my own head on a platter because wtf if he's also a botanist BUT...

He's probably just scum.

Also acting all surprised that I dont have great cases lol. I vanished from the game and have returned magnificently to dunk on scum, did I read all 30+ pages, no. I definitely skimmed and clicked individual post histories, I'm a poo poo lord, but does that make me scum for not having a great case? No.

Also that's Mr. Town Aligned Mafia Superstar to you.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

This doesn't sound like a real case, bub.

Also I mean that's pretty significant flavor, for once, he has my flavor name for his own. That cant be right and how I led in with my flavor is all there and well established for their cobbled together joat botanist claim.

Before*

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm open-minded to Illu being scum godfather but their posts arent pinging me that much yet for now

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
I don't see why scum Dy would claim the same flavor you clearly laid out from d1, also why on earth would scum come up with cures poison, used on Binus, but clearly didn't work as a claim either?

Anyway I was copped I think, also Sand checked out my action last night, thats not something scum would have.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Illusionis posted:

I don't see why scum Dy would claim the same flavor you clearly laid out from d1, also why on earth would scum come up with cures poison, used on Binus, but clearly didn't work as a claim either?

Anyway I was copped I think, also Sand checked out my action last night, thats not something scum would have.

When scum gently caress up, it is rarely done on purpose or with good reason.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm open-minded to Illu being scum godfather but their posts arent pinging me that much yet for now

Hmmm maybe I am biased because they were on me d1 for no good reasons and it seems like they're going that route again.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Ugh, I'm too tired to reread. Someone should check dy's posts if it stick out when
1) bminus revealed that they were poisoned
2) bminus died

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Idle Amalgam posted:

Was illusionis copped or gunsmithed

I don't think so - the only reason I'm not voting Illu right now is Toalpaz saying she'd be pushing him

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
:argh:

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

mega dy posted:

I guess I might as well claim since everyone else has.

I am a doccish JOAT (flavor wise, a Botanist who does stuff with plants).

N1 I successfully protected Circl (this is why I was pretty suspicious of how Voodoofly claimed - I chose to act very differently despite having the same action).
N2 I successfully did something but would prefer not to say what I did or who I targeted. I will say that even though it was successful it did not have the intended effect and I suspect it was redirected by scum.
N3 I did nothing (it did not seem like a good time to use my remaining ability).

I have one remaining ability left, it is probably my most powerful one and I would prefer to not say what it is.

If there is anyone out there who can recharge actions I think it could be helpful to recharge me at some point. For the record, I regret not asking for this sooner.

I don't think town dy has no vote today. that is fairly scummy, especially from him.

I also don't understand the hesitation to reveal the N2 action in this post. He already is hinting that he has a more powerful ability than a doc.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

mega dy posted:

I went down this logical path as well. It's possible that the poisoner is 3p and even an outside possibility that they are town and have an antidote or something. So scum didn't necessarily know about binus. There could have still been a kill that got stopped by other means in addition to the poison.

I got burned pretty bad last time I tried to put together a OA setup.

Hmm okay alright this is actually weird as hell to say if you're town with an antitode yourself

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
Sure I'm fine with lunching Dy for today and doing IA tomorrow if Dy flips town [b]##unvote[/] dont wanna -1 this early tho.

Green Wing posted:

I don't think so - the only reason I'm not voting Illu right now is Toalpaz saying she'd be pushing him

Cmon GW...

Sand I think you should still reveal it, it's not bad to have some additional confirmation on us both.

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

I don't think town dy has no vote today. that is fairly scummy, especially from him.

I also don't understand the hesitation to reveal the N2 action in this post. He already is hinting that he has a more powerful ability than a doc.

I thought it was fairly obvious from the rest of his role and what he said about the N2 action that he could cure poison. But what is the scum motivation for being coy there? Just sort of a fake hesitation to seem townier?

In one sense though a poison doc is weird to exist when people aren’t told they are poisoned. Other than Sandwolfs 1-shot voyeur is there any other role that would let people know they had been poisoned?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Illusionis posted:

Hmm okay alright this is actually weird as hell to say if you're town with an antitode yourself

This is an ok point too.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
I don't know why people are skittish about early lunches, these days feel like they're taking forever and I don't think we're gonna realistically swerve onto anyone else by day's end other than IA

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Yeah OK let's get that flip ##vote mega dy

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

For the record I was cagey about Night 2 because I was hoping I could stop another poison. Best chance of that happening was for scum to not know I could do it.

Attempting to get on another plane this morning!

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Oh noooooooooooooooooooo

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

That's - 1

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Oh I thought that was hammer.

I have a new lease on life now, the world is truly my oyster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I’m finally going to take that ballroom dancing class