Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I see Dope rear end Robot in there.

That's his name now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dope rear end droid is indeed dope rear end. I also found Miles Morales! I am happy.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
EDIT: Nevermind.

EDIT: Ultimate Spidey and Electro are amazing. Get them both. From the looks of it, we also have the best (and most elusive) Deadpool to date.

JesseHechtCREATIVE fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 3, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm just happy I found a Deadpool at retail.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I found some dope rear end droids at my Walmart if anyone is looking for them

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

As someone who has collected 3.75" Star Wars figures for like 20 years, I'm really torn. I want a dope rear end droid figure, but buying 6" Star Wars figures feels inherently wrong, meanwhile the current 3.75" version has only passable articulation (but he still looks dope).

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

As someone who has collected 3.75" Star Wars figures for like 20 years, I'm really torn. I want a dope rear end droid figure, but buying 6" Star Wars figures feels inherently wrong, meanwhile the current 3.75" version has only passable articulation (but he still looks dope).

The current 3.75s are terrible and they don't seem to be putting out very many Black Series 3.75s. The days of the Vintage Collection seem to be long gone, at least while new movies are being made. The 6" Black Series is generally pretty good and the 6" K-2SO is definitely one of my favorites.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Is the Marvel Legends Ultron BAF worth it? Does it scale well with the rest of the Legends?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zorglorfian posted:

Is the Marvel Legends Ultron BAF worth it? Does it scale well with the rest of the Legends?

Yeah he is a pretty great figure. I would get him, but I like the Marvel Select Ultron I got last year a lot. There is a great review at Fwoosh here if you want to see how he looks and how big he is.

If you want to get him cheap, ultraviolence123 is still selling off his Marvel Legends and he still has Ultron Prime for sale.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xenomrph posted:

Just wait for the 4 inch black series one that'll come out in 2 years after people stop caring.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Rirse posted:

Yeah he is a pretty great figure. I would get him, but I like the Marvel Select Ultron I got last year a lot. There is a great review at Fwoosh here if you want to see how he looks and how big he is.

If you want to get him cheap, ultraviolence123 is still selling off his Marvel Legends and he still has Ultron Prime for sale.

Thanks. Is there a link to contact ultraviolence123? Thanks!

EDIT: nevermind, I'm stupid and I can't google.

JesseHechtCREATIVE fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Oct 3, 2016

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

I've been "collecting" them for 40 years and am not going to ever buy any 6 inch figures. Not sure why they are so intent on getting people to switch but it's easier on my pocketbook not to care about the toys anymore. Of course, it has gotten me to care about the 12 inch Hot Toys so maybe my pocketbook isn't so happy.

Haha, pocketbook like I have anything like that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It was so tempting to pull the trigger on Rogue One Vader but a tiny voice in my head is saying, "Dont... they'll do Jedi with interchangeable Robert Shaw head...waaaaiiit..."

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

I want the robot guy. He looks neat. Pass on everyone else until the film comes out.

I call this "Phasma's Lesson" :D

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

It was so tempting to pull the trigger on Rogue One Vader but a tiny voice in my head is saying, "Dont... they'll do Jedi with interchangeable Robert Shaw head...waaaaiiit..."

The one that already came out with the sound box is RotJ.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Also, Han Solo from FigureArts is up for preorder at various sites. Here's the Amiami (trigger warning: anime) link for $55 US.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...0%24pagecnt%3D1

It's such an amazing "sculpt" (they apparently print the actors faces on these).

Aphrodite posted:

The one that already came out with the sound box is RotJ.

No swappable head tho. :3:

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 3, 2016

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It's a great likeness, but I wish it was his ESB or ROTJ outfit.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wouldn't put it past me to issue more. They did with Obi-Wan from Ep1 where it was the same body just a new head with long hair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

No swappable head tho. :3:

Right, but I meant that means they're not going to go back to it.

So drop that money, you know you want to. You know you can't resist.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zorglorfian posted:

Thanks. Is there a link to contact ultraviolence123? Thanks!

EDIT: nevermind, I'm stupid and I can't google.

Here is his SA profile.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29118

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I call this "Phasma's Lesson" :D

"Phasma's Lesson" is "enjoy a baller toy on its own merits regardless of a mediocre movie."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Literally attracted by a shiny object.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cool design though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stopped in a random Walmart on the way to the airport to pick up some water and scored movie Dr Strange. Was hoping for movie Falcon but I've still yet to see him.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Just got an Ultron Prime from ultraviolence123, so thanks for the help!

Also, if I were to sell some Marvel Legends figures on SA, what forum would it be most accepted? Thanks!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Zorglorfian posted:

Just got an Ultron Prime from ultraviolence123, so thanks for the help!

Also, if I were to sell some Marvel Legends figures on SA, what forum would it be most accepted? Thanks!

SA-Mart, and link it here most likely.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Thanks for the help, guys, here's my selling thread.

SDCC 2016 Items / Marvel Legends Figures / LEGO for Sale:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793111

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You're only selling Deadpool's guns?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

If you subscribe to Marvel Unlimited, this year's figure is an A-Force variant of Captain Marvel, complete with both heads.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

CelticPredator posted:

You're only selling Deadpool's guns?

The silver ones that, while I don't feel are good for Deadpool, work well for Ultron, who doesn't have any accessories.

JesseHechtCREATIVE fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Oct 5, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RevKrule posted:

If you subscribe to Marvel Unlimited, this year's figure is an A-Force variant of Captain Marvel, complete with both heads.

Is this the new A-Force? I only read the Secret Wars one.

That's her SHIELD sell-out coloring but I think she had a SHIELD logo instead of her normal one with that costume.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Honestly I would be kind of mad about that "exclusive" if I did subscribe. Last year was Rescue which was a totally new mold and everything and this year it's a monochrome repaint :effort:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Apparently Amazon decided that in addition to refunding my bank account they would also credit my amazon account for the same amount (and oddly enough this is the second time they've done this) so I got a pretty hefty discount on this guy due to arrive Friday:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rescue was the only actual original sculpt Unlimited ever did. Gold Ultron, Rocket in blue and white, and now Carol were all just color variants.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Got a good deal on Ebay for this badass. The sculpt and paint are fantastic. Real metal wires hanging all over, broken bits, the asymmetricalness of it is really cool to look at. Nothing in it is reused and it looks like nothing can be reused.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

Got a good deal on Ebay for this badass. The sculpt and paint are fantastic. Real metal wires hanging all over, broken bits, the asymmetricalness of it is really cool to look at. Nothing in it is reused and it looks like nothing can be reused.

I'm hoping the Iron Legion figures drop in price soon, I really want a pair of them just because the color scheme works for me.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

The Action Man posted:

Well, darn. Thanks for checking.

Are these the right flames?

Let me know at ps dark force at gmail dot com

I'm going to have a boatload of toys ready to sell in the next month or so, I need to start clearing out my storage so I can fit more stuff in :v:. This thread good for the toy stuff?

featurecreep fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 5, 2016

Filler
Oct 12, 2006
Are you supposed to get a figure every year from the MU subscription? Because since I've been subscribed I've only gotten the gold ultron.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Filler posted:

Are you supposed to get a figure every year from the MU subscription? Because since I've been subscribed I've only gotten the gold ultron.

Yeah, I've subscribed every year and gotten the gold Ultron, the Rocket Raccoon, Rescue and now Captain Marvel.

You may want to contact support or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filler
Oct 12, 2006

RevKrule posted:

Yeah, I've subscribed every year and gotten the gold Ultron, the Rocket Raccoon, Rescue and now Captain Marvel.

You may want to contact support or something.

Thanks for the confirmation, just sent them an email.