Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Internet Kraken posted:

In the dredges of Dota you absolutely can since everyone just wanders around the lanes like blind chickens. Nobody even considers the possibility of getting ganked.

A White Guy > Pudge is missing!
A White Guy > Pudge is missing!
*pinging as pudge walks from middle to safe*

1 min later

Pudge (whoeverthiswas) just pwned Phantom Assassin (dipshit) for 210 gold!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

A White Guy posted:

Also, lol at Pudge. It literally does not matter how fat Pudge gets, you can't win the game on the back of Pudge.

lmao what

pudge is hella good right now

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the trick in 1k my friend is to ping your ally as if you are herding them with it, they'll eventually fall back into the flock

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Arteezy's stream is a national treasure

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Agreedo. Was drinkin a psl switching between arteezy and dan earlier today was a good day

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

He's grouped with MidOne, Yapzor and Cr1t right now (I don't know who the 5th person is) and its pretty great.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
dont watch if you get easily triggered by item builds though. last game was yapz0r on his no boots jungle ursa build, this game we have cr1t- going armlet lance on storm while artour is playing a lothars brood.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Looks like monkey king is coming in December.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

more like dICK posted:

Looks like monkey king is coming in December.

gotta assume december 20th if Valve says something will be out in the fall, yeah

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

http://blog.dota2.com/2016/10/the-fall-2016-battle-pass/

quote:

The Fall 2016 Battle Pass is now available for $7.99. Undertake Quests that expand and challenge your Dota skills, win Wagers to add extra Battle Points to your victory haul, and earn Achievements as you complete your objectives, all while increasing your Battle Level to unlock a stream of rewards and treasures throughout the Battle Pass season. You can preview the Fall 2016 Battle Pass in the Dota 2 client.

Also here for the fall season, Weekend Battle Cup returns for another series of weekly tournaments. Party up to compete in an eight-team, single-elimination playoff bracket every Saturday for a chance to win treasures, levels and other exclusive rewards. We’ve added a new party builder tool to help you stack up a team of five willing challengers, and Battle Pass owners can now earn Achievements as they raise their Battle Cup scores.

Perform well enough in the Battle Cup tournaments, and you can earn an invite to play in the exclusive Champions Cup at the end of the season. Tier-8 Champions Cup winners will even be eligible to form a team with other tier-8 winners to compete in one of four Spring Major Battle Cup Qualifiers, with the winners receiving invites to play in the Spring Major Regional Qualifiers. Check out the Battle Cup FAQ inside the client to learn more.

Today’s update also includes the addition of the Items section in the Learn menu. Now the descriptions, stats, and recipes of every item in the fountain, secret, and side shops are available to view inside of the Dota 2 client.

Our next update will come at the tail end of fall, on December 12, 2016.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm glad Valve has finally realized they need to put concrete dates on poo poo in advance so that we dont get weeks of GIEV PATCH poo poo

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
lmao that Bane' set is him just throwing on some raggedy rear end robes

I'm real spooky guys :ghost:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Internet Kraken posted:

lmao that Bane' set is him just throwing on some raggedy rear end robes

I'm real spooky guys :ghost:

Well, if we can't have the spooky skeleton hero, at least we can have a spooky ghost hero!

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm glad Valve has finally realized they need to put concrete dates on poo poo in advance so that we dont get weeks of GIEV PATCH poo poo

June 45th though.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
have any hat barons gotten their 2016 aegis replica yet, or even shipping confirmation

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Centzon Totochtin posted:

have any hat barons gotten their 2016 aegis replica yet, or even shipping confirmation

Nope and first batch was supposed to be sent out by now with the other batch either this month or next

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

my fps has tanked since this hat patch

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Every Rikki player I've so far encountered is cancer. Literally every single Rikki I've played with I've muted.

Inversely, I had a good game with Pinoys today.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I'm #usblessed

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'm down that they finally put the items in the learn tab because I made a post on the dev forums like five years ago asking that they do that. :unsmith:

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

A White Guy posted:

Every Rikki player I've so far encountered is cancer. Literally every single Rikki I've played with I've muted.

Inversely, I had a good game with Pinoys today.

I had a great game where a guy on my team randomed Riki and I took Dark Seer and then the other team had Jungle LC.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Geight posted:

I'm down that they finally put the items in the learn tab because I made a post on the dev forums like five years ago asking that they do that. :unsmith:

Wasn't that there before reborn? I honestly don't remember.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Taffer posted:

Wasn't that there before reborn? I honestly don't remember.

It was.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Rip mid-queue shopkeeper's quiz.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

24 kills, still lose :shepicide:

Techies pickers in ranked should be put into their own queue, where it's 5v5 techies.

Actually that sounds like fun, someone make it a game mode.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
For non-US folks who want the new Battle pass but haven't bought it yet: it's cheaper if you buy it from the Steampowered store page instead of the Dota client/store, probably due to an outdated exchange rate or something. For Canadians, it's almost $2 cheaper.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

literally none of your posts in this thread are about pro dota. this thread is not about some racist dude's online adventures, unless we're talking about mason.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

botany posted:

literally none of your posts in this thread are about pro dota. this thread is not about some racist dude's online adventures, unless we're talking about mason.

addendum: if you're mason you have to tell us or it's entrapment

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
technically even if you're mason it's still not a post about pro dota lol :boom:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

botany posted:

technically even if you're mason it's still not a post about pro dota lol :boom:

at least he can't compete in the dotalympics now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
EG, Secret and OG have all pulled out of Dreamleague because of the proximity to the group stage for the Boston Major. Also the Boston Major was apparently the same dates as the Summit 6.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress the Boston major

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

EG, Secret and OG have all pulled out of Dreamleague because of the proximity to the group stage for the Boston Major. Also the Boston Major was apparently the same dates as the Summit 6.

what if valve talked to people about things

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

first batch of hat baron idiot collector items is shipping on Oct 10

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Nanomashoes posted:

This is a good joke about the state of valve running premier tournaments and their lack of communication with the community

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

James is an rear end

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Luna Was Here posted:

gently caress the Boston major

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Nanomashoes posted:

They run dota like their 3k community plays dota, silently loving over their own team

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Really funny considering OG and Secret both will have to qualify unless Valve pulls some shady poo poo with the invites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Kainser posted:

Really funny considering OG and Secret both will have to qualify unless Valve pulls some shady poo poo with the invites.

Why do you think that?

• Locked thread