Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Baal posted:

Hahaha, are you loving serious? I've played that game and it's fun, but it is not better than Pirate Warriors 2 really and has an infinitely worse story mode. Not to mention there are better Warriors games.

I've played all but Hyrule Warriors. Having fighting move lists and the ability to cancel literally any move+combine with the special ability makes it far more enjoyable. Samurai Warriors is clunky, Dynasty Warrior's limitations with the attack-charge is showing its age, and from what I've seen, Dragon Quest Heroes's main problem is mobility.

Speaking of tecmo koei, they're not bringing over Dead or Alive volleyball 3

quote:

“Do you know many issues happening in video game industry with regard to how to treat female in video game industry? We do not want to talk those things here. But certainly we have gone through in last year or two to come to our decision. Thank you.”

Which makes me think Marie/Hinoka is doing something absurdly m-rated that even they said "Uh, we can't bring that outside of Japan."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's worth pointing out that's from a deleted facebook post and doesn't seem to actually be from Koei Tecmo's community manager for a wide variety of reasons, such as "why would anyone say that" or "why are they suddenly an ESL speaker"

Not that this has kept the usual suspects from getting frothingly angry about it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

I've played all but Hyrule Warriors. Having fighting move lists and the ability to cancel literally any move+combine with the special ability makes it far more enjoyable. Samurai Warriors is clunky, Dynasty Warrior's limitations with the attack-charge is showing its age, and from what I've seen, Dragon Quest Heroes's main problem is mobility.

Yeah, that's cool, but it doesn't really diversify gameplay or at all or really add to it. It just makes it so you can play looser and faster with the combat, which is fun, but not really something that enhances the experience a lot. I still find it really hard to play it extensively because it is a Warriors game and it gets to be very monotonous after a while.

Like I would still put Sengoku Basara 3 & 4 above every one of those games because it at least has some sort of meaningful character diversity in both gameplay and boss fights and Hyrule Warriors is also pretty good about that stuff. PW3 has a bit, but not enough and it has more Giant Bosses which are really boring and tedious, especially Thriller Bark, like holy poo poo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Baal posted:

Like I would still put Sengoku Basara 3 & 4 above every one of those games because it at least has some sort of meaningful character diversity in both gameplay and boss fights and Hyrule Warriors is also pretty good about that stuff. PW3 has a bit, but not enough and it has more Giant Bosses which are really boring and tedious, especially Thriller Bark, like holy poo poo.

You mean 3 on the Wii? Because if anything was monotonous in objectives, it was that game. That's a game people think Dynasty Warriors is, with repetitive objectives that are quite literally the same and repeats way too much. I heard the Super edition was good and fixed those problems, but that was never brought over.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I wonder what the Let's Watch is going to be.
I wonder when it's going to go up.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have played both versions of SB3 and 4 and those only get more fun with cooler characters and it's great. Also SB3 was on the PS3 too and it lets you race Date Masamune and his vassal on horses as heavy metal plays in the background, Oda Nobunaga has a loving stand and is super fun to fight, and you get a lot of fun personalities mixed with fun combat. Even from a presentation perspective those games pop out so much more with branching routes in the story mode and individualized character endings.

havenwaters posted:

I wonder what the Let's Watch is going to be.
I wonder when it's going to go up.

Same

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Tae posted:

I've played all but Hyrule Warriors.

So the only Warriors game you haven't played is the factually best one?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

So the only Warriors game you haven't played is the factually best one?

I'm waiting for the 3DS one after they announced all those additional characters.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Playing a Warriors game in 30fps on a handheld is sure how I wanna play my action game thats biggest appeal is an insane number of the enemies on the screen with the 3DS cannot possibly emulate well.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Baal posted:

I have played both versions of SB3 and 4 and those only get more fun with cooler characters and it's great. Also SB3 was on the PS3 too and it lets you race Date Masamune and his vassal on horses as heavy metal plays in the background, Oda Nobunaga has a loving stand and is super fun to fight, and you get a lot of fun personalities mixed with fun combat. Even from a presentation perspective those games pop out so much more with branching routes in the story mode and individualized character endings.

Same

It ended up being Fatal Fury the Movie

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okay it's that fatal fury thing, whatever that is

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thank you based matt

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
All my dreams are coming true

e: matt's loving pajamas

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Those construction workers were killed by a pillar man

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Baal posted:

Playing a Warriors game in 30fps on a handheld is sure how I wanna play my action game thats biggest appeal is an insane number of the enemies on the screen with the 3DS cannot possibly emulate well.

I don't care about giant enemies, I usually turn them off if there's an option to reduce the draw distance. I'm first and foremost a battle mechanics guy, then the objectives.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh god Woolie explains the history of anime art shoot me

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Oh this is going to be great when I watch it later tonight.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

It's gonna be a good night

Tae posted:

I don't care about giant enemies, I usually turn them off if there's an option to reduce the draw distance. I'm first and foremost a battle mechanics guy, then the objectives.

The Warriors series is a bad series for that

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Baal posted:

The Warriors series is a bad series for that

I'm sorry I enjoy the warriors franchise differently than you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, at 30fps

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blue hair girl with Terry looks like a Tenchi character.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
But is she as good as Alice?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't know who Alice is.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Terry's fan girl from the Pachislot game who is basically Matt, but a hot anime babe

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Baal posted:

Terry's fan girl from the Pachislot game who is basically Matt, but a hot anime babe

So me, then.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes

Here are the trailers of said Pachislot game for those who want to see cool poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzU9L92xqRk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdfKy-rja2I

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 25, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't know what I thought this would be about but magic Greek armor wasn't it.

E: Woolie and Pat have been consuming alcohol.

E2: Mr. Bogard you are ignoring some strong signals.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 25, 2015

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Ahahaa, you started with the 3rd one? No sick rear end Krauser but more sick rear end Joe quotes. I'm very very pleased.

Rodyle posted:

I don't know what I thought this would be about but magic Greek armor wasn't it.

E: Woolie and Pat have been consuming alcohol.

E2: Mr. Bogart you are ignoring some strong signals.

Fatal Fury is about love and the prospect of renting said love.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Also are you wearing pajamas? That's appropriate Fatal Fury attire.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
20 minutes in and we already get the big exposition dump for the whole movie god drat this is going way too fast.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The dreams I never knew I had came true :swoon:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

HOLY poo poo FRIDAY NIGHT SALTYBET

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

From the commentary you'd really think this movie was about Mai trying to get Andy's pants off.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

From the commentary you'd really think this movie was about Mai trying to get Andy's pants off.

Fatal Fury subverts many gender stereotypes.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

this movie is completely baffling but there's some cool boobies I guess 7/10

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mai and Andy vs Whoever and Who Cares is pretty alright but "So I once spent all night reading this lemon fanfic- and Pat/Woolie's immediate reactions are better.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

HOLY poo poo FRIDAY NIGHT SALTYBET

Vessel: HOLY poo poo THE NARUTO MATCH

WOOLIE'S FACE

THE CRASH

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

How the gently caress did Geese Howard get in this movie.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat screaming about Dilandau.

E: Liam yelling about NUKU NUKU

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

How the gently caress did Geese Howard get in this movie.

He's in the first one. Terry beats him and he spends all of the second movie healing and scheming.

Also Big Dick Krauser.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 25, 2015