Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

3 hours of assembly between me and deliciousness. Even came with a $50 gift certificate for a great local butcher.

Make me a pizza plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Some Adidas Superstars

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe
New trunk because my old college one completely lost a handle so I ended up getting rid of it. I love using them by my bed for seating/storage.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Put some junk in that trunk.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

These were 20% off at DSW for some reason, but $90 is still about $20 more than I'd like to pay

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I got these, because I like collecting headphones for some reason and am a sucker for good branding

Excellent build quality and the sound is pretty good too. Has a few random cool features too. $80 at Costco compared to the original $200 retail.

Glottis has a new favorite as of 06:56 on Aug 16, 2016

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Thought I could spend some money on my (hipster single speed) bike and bought

A new saddle

Brooks B15 Swallow

and a new rear wheel

Aerospoke in black gloss

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I have a new hobby.

Faber Castel Loom, TWSBI Eco, an Iroshizuku sampler set and a fabric wrap case.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Megabound posted:

I have a new hobby.

I legit thought this was vaping pens and liquid and was all ready to decry your use of the word hobby.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Megabound posted:

I have a new hobby.

Those inks are fantastic. Way too expensive, but fantastic!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I legit thought this was vaping pens and liquid and was all ready to decry your use of the word hobby.

At first I thought these were supplies to paint cat nails.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Replacing my mouse at work because I have very little desk space.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I generally don't like soda but that poo poo is crazy-good.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Geoj posted:

Ever use the logitech thumb trackball one? It's what I have now. Just wondering how the two compare.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Helios Grime posted:

A new saddle

Brooks B15 Swallow

and a new rear wheel

Aerospoke in black gloss

Nice. How much was the B15?

I've got a B17 with nearly 19k miles on it. It is super comfy - I can ride centuries without stupid padded shorts without problems.
I also have a Team Pro on my MTB with only ~1.5k miles. I don't really like that one.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

TotalLossBrain posted:

Nice. How much was the B15?

I've got a B17 with nearly 19k miles on it. It is super comfy - I can ride centuries without stupid padded shorts without problems.
I also have a Team Pro on my MTB with only ~1.5k miles. I don't really like that one.

Around $180. I don't think I will have that many miles with mine that quickly but I hope it will last me a long time.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Helios Grime posted:

A new saddle

Brooks B15 Swallow

and a new rear wheel

Aerospoke in black gloss

Oooh, that's a fancy bicycle seat and wheel you got there.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

M42 posted:

Ever use the logitech thumb trackball one? It's what I have now. Just wondering how the two compare.

I too would like a comparison, or at least a review. The logitech one is fantastic, it just needs a "gamer" edition with craploads of buttons and stuff.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Coredump posted:

Oooh, that's a fancy bicycle seat and wheel you got there.

Add a rear cassette/derailleur and you'll almost have a whole bike!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

KingColliwog posted:

Those inks are fantastic. Way too expensive, but fantastic!

I started exploring their ink range when I started expensing my ink. So good.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Glottis posted:

I got these, because I like collecting headphones for some reason and am a sucker for good branding

Excellent build quality and the sound is pretty good too. Has a few random cool features too. $80 at Costco compared to the original $200 retail.

Ooh those are super neat, if originally marked up due to the brand. I paid retail and they sure as poo poo don't sound as good as other $200 cans but the branding is cool as gently caress and the removable, interchangeable cord is loving rad. I'd pay $80 for em, happily.

KingSlime has a new favorite as of 23:27 on Aug 16, 2016

M42
Nov 12, 2012

AnimalChin posted:

I too would like a comparison, or at least a review. The logitech one is fantastic, it just needs a "gamer" edition with craploads of buttons and stuff.

Haha, that's exactly why I'm asking.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
What I've really wanted for the longest time is a mouse with a trackball on the trackball. I just like having options when it comes to placing a cursor.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Geoj posted:

Well... gently caress.... Does the trackball have a button click too? I think I may need this

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Elsa posted:

What I've really wanted for the longest time is a mouse with a trackball on the trackball. I just like having options when it comes to placing a cursor.

Its just a trackball that has a mouse-like appearance.

Astrobastard posted:

Well... gently caress.... Does the trackball have a button click too? I think I may need this

No click on the ball but there is a third button to the right of the typical right-click button.

e: since there's more interest than I was expecting here it is on Amazon.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Geoj posted:

No click on the ball but there is a third button to the right of the typical right-click button.

e: since there's more interest than I was expecting here it is on Amazon.

Huh, I didn't think people still actually used these. It's like the pointer button on ThinkPads, I just figured they had a warehouse full of them somewhere and that's why I keep seeing them around

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

KingSlime posted:

Ooh those are super neat, if originally marked up due to the brand. I paid retail and they sure as poo poo don't sound as good as other $200 cans but the branding is cool as gently caress and the removable, interchangeable cord is loving rad. I'd pay $80 for em, happily.

Agreed. I kinda like how you can plug the cord into either side of the headphones, and it also works as a splitter.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Geoj posted:

wwhhhhaaaat thhhhe ffffoh okay that makes a lot of sense actually.

I'm really sorry I don't mean to shop shame I just didn't understand the product obviously. sorry sorry

lol trackballs in the twenty first centry

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They're very handy if you have RSI.

I use a separate touchpad because of my hosed up wrists.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Holy poo poo amazing, that company also makes index finger trackballs.

Can't use the thumb ones, as my thumb seizes up on cold days (pay your debts).

Love my expert mouse, but buying this.

lorddazron
Mar 31, 2011
Finally splurge and upgrades my two year old gaming pc.

New graphics card

New processor (because the one I had didn't support PCIe 3.0 - and this one will tide me over until I upgrade to Intel in a few months)

And finally a new PSU because the one I had didn't have an 8 pin PCIe cable (which the gfx card needs because of its built in overclock)

Overall really happy. Gone from Mid/high settings in newer games like Doom to pretty much ultra everything with full anti-aliasing. Card is an absolute beast and runs almost silent.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why buy a processor now if you're just going to upgrade in a few months? You already have a functional gaming rig, just save the money and get the good processor instead of wasting some along the way on something just because.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

PCOS Bill posted:

Why buy a processor now if you're just going to upgrade in a few months? You already have a functional gaming rig, just save the money and get the good processor instead of wasting some along the way on something just because.

Hey, don't shopsh...

Oh it is you.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

PCOS Bill posted:

Somewhere, there must be some kind of online congregation of nerds... And there you might have an online market place, where people would often exchange used computer parts for money. Among other things!

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Elsa posted:

lol trackballs in the twenty first centry

I got me some good ol' rheumatoid arthritis in ny hands and these types of mice are a lifesaver. Couldn't use a computer without them. :zoid:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Helios Grime posted:

A new saddle

Brooks B15 Swallow

and a new rear wheel

Aerospoke in black gloss

Fixie or singlespeed, it's important to differentiate if you're going for full hipster or faux hipster.

*edit: they weigh 2x the amount a regular spoked wheel does? For that money? Yeesh.

Olympic Mathlete has a new favorite as of 14:30 on Aug 17, 2016

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

88h88 posted:

Fixie or singlespeed, it's important to differentiate if you're going for full hipster or faux hipster.

*edit: they weigh 2x the amount a regular spoked wheel does? For that money? Yeesh.

Faux hipster in that case

Also I only bought it for the looks, I hope you guessed that already.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Filling out the liquor cabinet continues, this time with creme de violette and maraschino. The Aviation is an odd drink. Not sure how often I'll make it, but I'm glad I gave it a shot, and some of the variants look like they should be up my alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Helios Grime posted:

Faux hipster in that case

Also I only bought it for the looks, I hope you guessed that already.

To be fair nobody buys a fixie/singlespeed because they're a better bike for doing whatever, but mainly because they look cool.