Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Nominated someone other than Neil Gorsuch for SCOTUS judge or Sessions for AG.

Who would she have nominated and what policy of theirs would be different that would have a positive impact on people as of right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Yug posted:

What would Hillary have done that would have made her a better president?

Not much, I'll give you that.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

You did not and if you think that you deserve to be ruled by these lovely parties 50 years more

We absolutely did. Are you American? You don;t seem like you know what you're talking about.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Alienwarehouse posted:

Not much, I'll give you that.

She would have been actively much worse than TRump for working people. TPP would be the law of the land right now.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yug posted:

Who would she have nominated and what policy of theirs would be different that would have a positive impact on people as of right now?

Prob would have nominated Garland and he at least wouldn't be a religious right whackjob. I don't know who her AG would have been, but probably wouldn't be as anti-voting rights for black people as Sessions. Or as pro-drug war.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Yug posted:

We absolutely did. Are you American? You don;t seem like you know what you're talking about.

So you are saying that your government is now made of people from another party than either Republicans or Democrats?

You are so deluded it's painful to watch

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yug posted:

She would have been actively much worse than TRump for working people. TPP would be the law of the land right now.

lol if you think Republicans in Congress would let it happen and give a Dem president a win.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Prob would have nominated Garland and he at least wouldn't be a religious right whackjob. I don't know who her AG would have been, but probably wouldn't be as anti-voting rights for black people as Sessions. Or as pro-drug war.

What has Sessions done to impact voting rights for black people? What has Sessions done to increase the drug war over whoever Hillary "super predator" Clinton would have selected?

And I see no evidence that Gorsuch is a religious whackjob. The church he attends is actually quite liberal and this pissed of the religious right who I also despise.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

lol if you think Republicans in Congress would let it happen and give a Dem president a win.

Republicans in congress voted for it overwhelmingly already. It's only Trump that stopped it.

You don't seem very informed about actual politics, just very smug.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Majorian posted:

I actually disagree with this. There are plenty of right-wing radio hosts and Fox anchors who have a colossal boner for free trade. The republican party is owned by the Koch Bros anyway, and they absolutely wanted the TPP passed.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

So you are saying that your government is now made of people from another party than either Republicans or Democrats?

You are so deluded it's painful to watch

Are you American? Why won't you answer?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Yug posted:

Republicans in congress voted for it overwhelmingly already. It's only Trump that stopped it.

You don't seem very informed about actual politics, just very smug.

Quick amendment, they voted overwhelmingly for the fast track for a simple up or down vote for TPP with most liberals voting against it. Hillary was a full throated supporter of it as was Obama. If Hillary had been elected tPP would have gone through no problem.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yug posted:

What has Sessions done to impact voting rights for black people? What has Sessions done to increase the drug war over whoever Hillary "super predator" Clinton would have selected?

https://www.thenation.com/article/jeff-sessions-has-spent-his-whole-career-opposing-voting-rights/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.950c3183538e

quote:

And I see no evidence that Gorsuch is a religious whackjob. The church he attends is actually quite liberal and this pissed of the religious right who I also despise.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/gorsuchs-selective-view-of-religious-freedom/520104/

I get the impression you're not very well-informed about the dudes you support.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Yug posted:

And I see no evidence that Gorsuch is a religious whackjob.

Okay, you can stop posting now.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yug posted:

Like I said, they wouldn't let a Democrat have the win. They also opposed Obamacare to a man, even though it was based on a Republican proposal.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Yug posted:

Are you American? Why won't you answer?

Why don't you answer my question? Do you think your current government is not made of Republicans and Democrats?

I don't think this thread is about me is it? It's about American politics.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I love when someone who is ignorant of the rest of the world automatically assumes by projection that all foreigners are equivalently ignorant about his own country.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

no actual policies enacted so far as his term as AG. Do you have any actual policies he's enacted that has adversely affected voting rights?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Why don't you answer my question? Do you think your current government is not made of Republicans and Democrats?

I don't think this thread is about me is it? It's about American politics.

Your refusal to answer makes it pretty clear you aren't american. You have very little knowledge about how our politics works. I'd suggest you stick to European politics or wherever it is you'e from where you might have something worthwhile to contribute.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Like I said, they wouldn't let a Democrat have the win. They also opposed Obamacare to a man, even though it was based on a Republican proposal.

What's your evidence of this? I have actual recorded votes of overwhelming republican support for fast tracking tpp. What do you have besides your own political analysis that has been consistently wrong?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yug posted:

no actual policies enacted so far as his term as AG. Do you have any actual policies he's enacted that has adversely affected voting rights?

It hasn't even been 4 months you goofball.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

It hasn't even been 4 months you goofball.

So nothing. Got it.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Yug posted:

Your refusal to answer makes it pretty clear you aren't american. You have very little knowledge about how our politics works. I'd suggest you stick to European politics or wherever it is you'e from where you might have something worthwhile to contribute.

Your refusal to answer is pretty much an acknowledgement that you are incapable of even imagining that it's possible for Americans to change the false dichotomy their political elites have been shoving down their troaths for decades.

You totally deserves 50 more years of Dems VS Repubs puppet show

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yug posted:

What's your evidence of this? I have actual recorded votes of overwhelming republican support for fast tracking tpp.

Yes. It's called "tribalism." Republicans are more interested in their team winning and the other team losing, than policy. I am glad I got to explain this to you. :)

quote:

What do you have besides your own political analysis that has been consistently wrong?

Lol you thought Sessions wasn't a racist drug warrior and Gorsuch wasn't a religious rightist. Glass houses.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Your refusal to answer is pretty much an acknowledgement that you are incapable of even imagining that it's possible for Americans to change the false dichotomy their political elites have been shoving down their troaths for decades.

You totally deserves 50 more years of Dems VS Repubs puppet show

Trump is as much a republican as bernie was a democrat. Again, you know nothing about how american politics actually works. You see the letter "R" or "D" next to a politician's name and you think you know everything about them.

Yug fucked around with this message at 09:27 on May 10, 2017

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Yes. It's called "tribalism." Republicans are more interested in their team winning and the other team losing, than policy. I am glad I got to explain this to you. :)

Lol you thought Sessions wasn't a racist drug warrior and Gorsuch wasn't a religious rightist. Glass houses.

So you have nothing but your flawed political analysis that has been consistently wrong and thought hillary was inevitable. And you have no policies or actions taken by either men to support your claims. You have nothing.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Lol that of all recent candidates for a country presidence, Macron the globalist, pro-europe and pro-banks is the one actually "draining the swamp" in his country.

In his first days his party already refused candidacies from the members of the traditional parties, and started to work on laws to diminish the number of paid mandates politicians can get, as well as forbidding them from using public money to hire family members as aides.

He's actually draining the swamp.

And yet all the Trumpets yelled "vote Marine".

shows how much they consistently get conned and bet on the wrong horse

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Yug posted:

Trump is as much a republican as bernie was a democrat. Again, you know nothing about how american politics actually works. You see the letter "R" or "D" next to a politician's name and you think you know everything about them.

Trump is not the entire government you moron.

Anyone who believed Trump was going to change the paradigm and "drain the swamp" is gullible as hell.

It can only come from a new party

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Lol that of all recent candidates for a country presidence, Macron the globalist, pro-europe and pro-banks is the one actually "draining the swamp" in his country.

In his first days his party already refused candidacies from the members of the traditional parties, and started to work on laws to diminish the number of paid mandates politicians can get, as well as forbidding them from using public money to hire family members as aides.

He's actually draining the swamp.

And yet all the Trumpets yelled "vote Marine".

shows how much they consistently get conned and bet on the wrong horse

Good for the country I don't give a poo poo about. Macron was not a choice in 2016. It was Trump or Hillary.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yug posted:

So you have nothing but your flawed political analysis that has been consistently wrong and thought hillary was inevitable. And you have no policies or actions taken by either men to support your claims. You have nothing.

Lol yeah it's just me who thinks this and not everyone with more than two brain cells to rub together.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Yug posted:

Good for the country I don't give a poo poo about. Macron was not a choice in 2016. It was Trump or Hillary.

Because Americans always believe they only have 2 choices.

They deserved it.

In France people also always believed it was always left or right. And yet neither left or right made it to the second turn

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Lol yeah it's just me who thinks this and not everyone with more than two brain cells to rub together.

Yes I'm sure there are lots of people just as stupid and wrong as you are.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

They deserved it.

In France people also always believed it was always left or right. And yet neither left or right made it to the second turn

Why the gently caress are you still talking about France? I don't give a poo poo about them it has nothing to do with american politics. You know nothing about it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yug posted:

Yes I'm sure there are lots of people just as stupid and wrong as you are.

At least we weren't dumb enough to think Trump would be good.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Yug posted:

Why the gently caress are you still talking about France? I don't give a poo poo about them it has nothing to do with american politics. You know nothing about it.

Because it makes you mad they actually succeed in draining the swamp while Trump is just making himself and his family a nice place in it.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Because it makes you mad they actually succeed in draining the swamp while Trump is just making himself and his family a nice place in it.

It doesn't make me mad. I don't give a poo poo about France. Trump was the best choice in 2016 and France's 2017 election has nothing to do with it so I don't know why you think it's relevant.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If Macron makes France a better less corrupt place then good for them. That's good. It has no effect on my life whatsoever and has nothing to do with Trump or the the 2016 election.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

They deserved it.

i mean this is true in every US election there's usually only two presidents really competing not really a controversial statement lol

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i mean this is true in every US election there's usually only two presidents really competing not really a controversial statement lol

That's why you will have 50 more years of puppet show. Because you never get that change won't come from the top.

It comes from the people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

That's why you will have 50 more years of puppet show. Because you never get that change won't come from the top.

It comes from the people

alright buddy have fun getting rammed up the bum by puppets i guess

• Locked thread